PDA

View Full Version : Week 4: Bellville (2-1) @ Sweeny (3-0)

SHSBulldog00
09-13-2013, 11:21 PM
Slot T vs. Slot T

If you like old fashioned offense this is the place to be.

Who wants do a M&G at Half?

SHSBulldog00
09-13-2013, 11:47 PM
Sweeny still needs to improve some on defense, but they are getting better though.

Pudlugger
09-14-2013, 09:05 AM
This should be a good game. Sweeny has the momentum going into this home game against a Bellville team that has yet to produce a convincing victory to justify their high ranking in the polls. It will be close but I think Sweeny will pull off the upset by a td. The last team to score wins the game imo.

SHSBulldog00
09-14-2013, 09:41 AM
This should be a good game. Sweeny has the momentum going into this home game against a Bellville team that has yet to produce a convincing victory to justify their high ranking in the polls. It will be close but I think Sweeny will pull off the upset by a td. The last team to score wins the game imo.

I agree with you Pud. TO's will play a big part as well.

SHSBulldog00
09-14-2013, 01:41 PM
We did add more seating to the visitor side so more Brahma faithful can make the trek down 36 to Sweeny. Hope to see some of you there.

SintonFan_inAustin
09-14-2013, 02:39 PM
I'll take Sweeny in this one, doesn't Bellville return most their players? Sweeny by a td.

speedbump
09-14-2013, 07:32 PM
Sweenys D won't be able to throttle the Brahmas. Bellville by 14.

SHSBulldog00
09-15-2013, 12:06 AM
People have been asking me how Sweeny is adjusting to the Slot T.

Thru 3 Games

1,296 Total Rushing Yards

433 Rushing per game

50.6 PPG

Our lack of tackling does worry me as we prepare for Bellville. The Brahmas will be the favorite in this match up but it will be an exciting test for Sweeny.

HEMOTOXIC
09-15-2013, 02:41 AM
Give me the Bulldogs in an "upset".

I know that it's early, but I'm not exactly sold on my second favorite hs team in Bellville..

regaleagle
09-15-2013, 05:15 AM
This is almost like a pick-em game....esp. since it's in Sweeny. At the first of the season, most prognosticators had Bellville as a prohibitive favorite in this matchup. I don't think you can say that right now. Looks like Sweeny has found its way running the Slot T successfully so far. Bellville has been less than stellar so far in their early schedule, but I wouldn't exactly say that is a cardinal football sin. I'm thinking they will start playing a little tougher as the season progresses, and this 4th week is about the time for most teams to finally find their rhythm. I think the game will stay close thru 3 qtrs. but in the end Bellville will wear down the Sweeny defense and take control of the game and clock. Bellville by 13.

OLE'BULL
09-15-2013, 10:22 AM
This is almost like a pick-em game....esp. since it's in Sweeny. At the first of the season, most prognosticators had Bellville as a prohibitive favorite in this matchup. I don't think you can say that right now. Looks like Sweeny has found its way running the Slot T successfully so far. Bellville has been less than stellar so far in their early schedule, but I wouldn't exactly say that is a cardinal football sin. I'm thinking they will start playing a little tougher as the season progresses, and this 4th week is about the time for most teams to finally find their rhythm. I think the game will stay close thru 3 qtrs. but in the end Bellville will wear down the Sweeny defense and take control of the game and clock. Bellville by 13.

Less than stellar? We murdered Caldwell week one. We took a last years private school state finalist team to OT week 2. Kincaid is GOOD, and it shouldnt have gone to OT. Then week three we go to Giddings and pinch a shutout but just because we don't hang 40 on them we are less than stellar?!?! C'mon man...

speedbump
09-15-2013, 10:31 AM
Less than stellar? We murdered Caldwell week one. We took a last years private school state finalist team to OT week 2. Kincaid is GOOD, and it shouldnt have gone to OT. Then week three we go to Giddings and pinch a shutout but just because we don't hang 40 on them we are less than stellar?!?! C'mon man...

All good points. Plus Sweeny has played three really bad defenses. I think they are in for a rude awakening.

BB BULLS
09-15-2013, 10:57 AM
All good points. Plus Sweeny has played three really bad defenses. I think they are in for a rude awakening.

i agree, think all our boys are close to 100% as far as injuries go. we have had a few problems on both sides of the ball, but i think it all comes together this week, and everyone will see why we are ranked where we are. this is a really good team we just have to get all the kinks worked out.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
09-15-2013, 11:04 AM
I'll be going to this game for sure. See y'all Friday!

SintonFan_inAustin
09-15-2013, 11:17 AM
I'll be going to this game for sure. See y'all Friday!

post some updates. If Sweeny can pass they'll put up the points in this game. Sweeny by a td.

Manso/V8
09-15-2013, 10:47 PM

I know that it's early, but I'm not exactly sold on my second favorite hs team in Bellville..

Then again, you have a recent history of underestimating the Brahmas.

Manso/V8
09-15-2013, 11:00 PM
Sweeny usually has good athletes, but so does Bellville.
Sweeny played the Brahmas pretty close last year before the Brahmas really started playing well.
I think Bellville is playing harder this year than they were at this point last year which gives them the edge this year.
The Bulldogs may be 3-0, but their three opponents have yet to win a game this year.
The slot t may have worked against Brazosport, Bay City, and Jeff Davis since they rarely see it.......Bay City was totally tricked by it in the last scriimmage I saw.
The Bellville players are very familiar with defending it since they have seen it in every practice since 2011.
I say Bellville by 7.

regaleagle
09-16-2013, 05:39 AM

Sorry....I was just under the impression by reading from the scores and other posts that Bellville was expected to be whacking these teams this season. Regardless, I have you winning this one, too. I'm really not in a position to judge because I have only read of your game reviews and not actually seen the team play. My apologies if I offended you or any others connected with Bellville...didn't mean to.

Snotbubbles
09-16-2013, 07:54 AM
Gotta go with Sweeny here in a close one. HFA, and BB just not clicking yet. Appears BB is still experimenting with "O" in prep's for district and beyond.

Sweeny 21
Bellville 20

pancho villa
09-16-2013, 08:09 AM
They need to close all the restaurants in Sweeny and the surrounding communities on Friday.

maestro
09-16-2013, 08:13 AM
This could be the fastest played game in the state so far.

Continuous running clock with these offenses.

OLE'BULL
09-16-2013, 08:45 AM
Sorry....I was just under the impression by reading from the scores and other posts that Bellville was expected to be whacking these teams this season. Regardless, I have you winning this one, too. I'm really not in a position to judge because I have only read of your game reviews and not actually seen the team play. My apologies if I offended you or any others connected with Bellville...didn't mean to.

Well we did "whack" Caldwell, very easily. They scored 2 TD's on our 2nd and 3rd teams who played most of the 2nd half. No one ever implied that Kincaid would not be a problem, we knew they were good. And Giddings came out pretty tough on defense. I figured we would win the game by 3 TD's, not 2, but oh well. Their offense did not score 1 point. This time last year we were 1-2, so I would say things are going better for the Brahmas, considering we almost beat Kincaid this year as well and could very easily be 3-0 right now. I am not offended, just confused with your opinion of the Brahmas is all.

SHSBulldog00
09-16-2013, 11:11 AM
This could be the fastest played game in the state so far.

Continuous running clock with these offenses.

I sure hope your right. Our 7:30 games have AVERAGED ENDING at about 11:00

The Bull #40
09-16-2013, 01:23 PM

Hemo Hemo Hemo... When're you gonna learn not to underestimate the Bulls? Sweeny may THINK they can run the slot t but Friday night at 7:30 they will LEARN how to run the slot t. If the Sweeny faithful say they're having some problems making sure tackles it will be a long night for the Bulldogs. I think the Brahmas have been experimenting with their offense and defense the past few weeks but I think this week Rowe has the team polishing up for district. BELLVILLE WINS BIG - prediction will come later in the week

Bull's-eye
09-16-2013, 04:05 PM
Bellville's young defense has been very good against the run, I look for them to match up very well with Sweeny's run oriented attack. Kincaid & Giddings both ran wide open passing offenses, spreading the Brahma defense very thin. After spending the last couple of seasons practicing against the slot-t, I give the advantage to the Bellville defense. Bellville's offense seemed very conservative vs Giddings, maybe they were just playing it safe, knowing that the defense had the game under control. Even though they return 7 starters, Bellville's offense is not any where close to where they need to be.They have a new QB & must be able to throw effectively to keep the opposing defense from stacking the run. Also, one of their featured backs has been struggling with a nagging injury. I give the edge to the Brahmas.

OLE'BULL
09-16-2013, 06:32 PM
Bellville's young defense has been very good against the run, I look for them to match up very well with Sweeny's run oriented attack. Kincaid & Giddings both ran wide open passing offenses, spreading the Brahma defense very thin. After spending the last couple of seasons practicing against the slot-t, I give the advantage to the Bellville defense. Bellville's offense seemed very conservative vs Giddings, maybe they were just playing it safe, knowing that the defense had the game under control. Even though they return 7 starters, Bellville's offense is not any where close to where they need to be.They have a new QB & must be able to throw effectively to keep the opposing defense from stacking the run. Also, one of their featured backs has been struggling with a nagging injury. I give the edge to the Brahmas.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Prior to the season Rowe made a couple of comments about the D being young and will be a bit slower to come along. Well I think they have done pretty well. The starters have shut out 2 of the 3 opponents so far. Kincaid was a handful and I bet they do pretty good in their private school playoffs. Plus it's no secret we lost a couple of fine secondary guys to graduation. Hopefully we take care of business and stay injury free this week, which I bet they will. I look at who Sweeny has played and just don't think they have played anybody decent, though all of the 3 teams have put some points up against them. Bellville has played two tough opponents and I think they are now battle ready. As long as all 3 backs are healthy,The Brahmas have their coming out party this week, 42-10 good guys! If not, 28-14 good guys!

regaleagle
09-16-2013, 06:42 PM
Well we did "whack" Caldwell, very easily. They scored 2 TD's on our 2nd and 3rd teams who played most of the 2nd half. No one ever implied that Kincaid would not be a problem, we knew they were good. And Giddings came out pretty tough on defense. I figured we would win the game by 3 TD's, not 2, but oh well. Their offense did not score 1 point. This time last year we were 1-2, so I would say things are going better for the Brahmas, considering we almost beat Kincaid this year as well and could very easily be 3-0 right now. I am not offended, just confused with your opinion of the Brahmas is all.

I guess I got some wrong signals from some of the posts I read regarding your Bulls, probably from posters stirring the pot against Bellville, lol. I will continue keeping a close watch on the Bulls each week...I know they are highly touted to have a great team this season. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to gather any stats on the personnel and games so far this season. But like they say....just keep winning and everything else will become evident. Good luck to Bellville this week.

maestro
09-16-2013, 07:24 PM
I guess I got some wrong signals from some of the posts I read regarding your Bulls, probably from posters stirring the pot against Bellville, lol. I will continue keeping a close watch on the Bulls each week...I know they are highly touted to have a great team this season. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to gather any stats on the personnel and games so far this season. But like they say....just keep winning and everything else will become evident. Good luck to Bellville this week.

Problem is people see top five programs beating the pants off teams ( ex. 60-12, as just random numbers thrown out) and they immediately use those scores to gauge their teams.

As a wise coach once said, we play our schedule that was assigned us and see what happens.

But WOW, the top five teams last week destroyed their opponents.

See?? I even do it.

I have great respect for bellville's senior class since they were 8th graders.

Someone will have to prove otherwise to me.

ogg
09-16-2013, 08:14 PM
Bellville by a bunch, like twenty

HEMOTOXIC
09-16-2013, 08:23 PM
Then again, you have a recent history of underestimating the Brahmas.

Details?

Manso, you've always underestimated the Rattlers... So, lets not go there...

HEMOTOXIC
09-16-2013, 08:26 PM
Hemo Hemo Hemo... When're you gonna learn not to underestimate the Bulls? Sweeny may THINK they can run the slot t but Friday night at 7:30 they will LEARN how to run the slot t. If the Sweeny faithful say they're having some problems making sure tackles it will be a long night for the Bulldogs. I think the Brahmas have been experimenting with their offense and defense the past few weeks but I think this week Rowe has the team polishing up for district. BELLVILLE WINS BIG - prediction will come later in the week

Hey, the bulls are my second favorite team. I'm not even sold on my Rattlers just yet. The offense has a long way to go if we don't want an early exit from the playoffs....

Bellville gets stronger as the season goes along.. That was proven last year. I'm sure that the Bulls will be stronger by the time its all said and done.

Manso/V8
09-16-2013, 08:52 PM
Details?

Manso, you've always underestimated the Rattlers... So, lets not go there...

Navasota by as many as time allows...

Here is a detail.
Your first post in the semi-final thread last December, still waiting for the apology......

You say the Brahmas are your second favorite team, yet you pick Sweeny over the Bulls?
What sold you on Sweeny?

Manso/V8
09-16-2013, 09:04 PM

Most of the Bellville posters, like a lot of other towns in this part of the state are pretty honest, or at least reserved, in what they say about their team.
I guess it is the German and Czech background and culture to be a bit more pragmatic.

You can watch some teams rise and fall in the polls, both rankings and game polls, based on how much fans brag here on the board.
I have missed some games t his year, but I know the kids well, and I think they have what it takes to get a win over Sweeny.
I also think the Bulls will be pretty darn good by the time district rolls around!
That's as far as I'm gonna go right now.

HEMOTOXIC
09-16-2013, 09:05 PM
Your first post in the semi-final thread last December, still waiting for the apology......

You say the Brahmas are your second favorite team, yet you pick Sweeny over the Bulls?

What sold you one Sweeny?

I apologize for underestimating a very good Brahma team last year. But, you've made some wild predictions, accusations, etc about Navasota.. especially during the years when Bellville didn't make the playoffs and we faced Sealy in the playoffs... But, I'm not going to ask for an apology about that, none is needed.

Nothing sold me on Sweeny, just a gut feeling.. Trust me, I've picked against my Rattlers a few times and had to hear it from my Dad. Case and point, I picked us to lose against Willis back in 2011, we did. Bottom line, you can't get upset when someone doesn't pick your team to win. Afterall, the game is played on the field, correct?

TarponFanInNorthTexas
09-16-2013, 09:35 PM
Hmm, debating which side to sit on for this one. I could "blend in" with the Sweeny folks, I'd just be wearing a darker blue. But if I sat on the Bellville side I'd stick out like a sore thumb complete with a fungal infection on the nail.

Decisions, decisions.....

YTBulldogs
09-16-2013, 09:36 PM
Hmm, debating which side to sit on for this one. I could "blend in" with the Sweeny folks, I'd just be wearing a darker blue. But if I sat on the Bellville side I'd stick out like a sore thumb complete with a fungal infection on the nail.

Decisions, decisions.....

No decision. Cut the finger off.:wave: Enjoy the game.

SHSBulldog00
09-16-2013, 10:22 PM
50% rain chance will make for wet balls in Sweeny. (3.5 inches is expected) Ball protection could be huge. Bring your slickers, it could get messy. Need to keep an eye to the sky.

On the bright side
At least the field is turf.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
09-16-2013, 10:38 PM
No decision. Cut the finger off.:wave: Enjoy the game.

I don't know about you, but I like having all 10 of my digits attached thank you very much.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
09-16-2013, 10:39 PM
50% rain chance will make for wet balls in Sweeny. (3.5 inches is expected) Ball protection could be huge. Bring your slickers, it could get messy. Need to keep an eye to the sky.

On the bright side
At least the field is turf.

Just hope there isn't a bunch of lightning in the area. That'll send both teams to the locker rooms quick! Them refs don't screw around when it comes to lightning in the area.

SintonFan_inAustin
09-16-2013, 10:43 PM
hmm, debating which side to sit on for this one. But if i sat on the bellville side i'd stick out like a sore thumb complete with a fungal infection on the nail.

Decisions, decisions.....:thmbdwn: :wave: :hand:

YTBulldogs
09-16-2013, 10:54 PM
Just hope there isn't a bunch of lightning in the area. That'll send both teams to the locker rooms quick! Them refs don't screw around when it comes to lightning in the area.

It's the game administrator, who advises the ref's of close lightning. Ref then clears field. We don't have the monitors in our hands. Then, they have UIL guidelines to follow in regards to length they must be removed from field from last strike in the lightning range. 30 min from last strike, within the range. But, it's a great rule. Hate to be in the game shown on CNN when a player/official is hit by lightning.

SHSBulldog00
09-16-2013, 10:55 PM

Player safety is of utmost importance. Sure hope they do get to play against a strong Bellville team. Maybe next year this will be a district game?

pancho villa
09-17-2013, 08:03 AM
Just make sure the Bellville cheerleaders spit their snuff out before the game. Sweeny doesn’t want stains on their new track or turf.

YTBulldogs
09-17-2013, 08:26 AM
Just make sure the Bellville cheerleaders spit their snuff out before the game. Sweeny doesn’t want stains on their new track or turf.

:spitlol:

StangEm
09-17-2013, 09:38 AM
Sweeny by 14

SHSBulldog00
09-17-2013, 10:20 AM
Just make sure the Bellville cheerleaders spit their snuff out before the game. Sweeny doesn't want stains on their new track or turf.

I'm sure they'll stop in WC and fertilize your baseball field. :p

pancho villa
09-17-2013, 10:48 AM
I'm sure they'll stop in WC and fertilize your baseball field. :p

I guess that will be a good place for them heifers to graze

SHSBulldog00
09-17-2013, 11:00 AM
I guess that will be a good place for them heifers to graze

Speaking of heifers, where is scrub c this week?

SHSBulldog00
09-17-2013, 11:21 AM
http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/1686/e8ad.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/51/e8ad.jpg/)

BB BULLS
09-17-2013, 12:45 PM
Sweeny by 14

Bellville by 21.

WhartonTigers
09-17-2013, 01:24 PM
I'm going to take Sweeny by 10. just a little more speed than Bellville this year.

StangEm
09-17-2013, 01:34 PM
Bellville by 21.

Poor choice

OLE'BULL
09-17-2013, 01:48 PM
I'm going to take Sweeny by 10. just a little more speed than Bellville this year.

I dont konw much about Sweeny, but I know that the Brahmas have all 3 starting RB's back from last year and it would be safe to assume they all 3 got faster this off season. SO, offensively the Bulls are a faster team than they were last year, so Sweeny must have some burners!

LHPfactory
09-17-2013, 01:57 PM
People have been asking me how Sweeny is adjusting to the Slot T.

Thru 3 Games

1,296 Total Rushing Yards

433 Rushing per game

50.6 PPG

Our lack of tackling does worry me as we prepare for Bellville. The Brahmas will be the favorite in this match up but it will be an exciting test for Sweeny.

Sooo, how many did you hang on Brazosport? :)
SO

WhartonTigers
09-17-2013, 02:07 PM
Pretty much. Wharton runs a spread with all four starting receiver's returning, 3 in which either ran the 100 or 200 meters in the regional meet. and sweeny held their own against us. Plus Bellville and Sweeny both run the same offense, but every now and then sweeny will spread it out.

BB BULLS
09-17-2013, 04:27 PM
Poor choice

special team score & defensive score Bellville by 21

zebrablue2
09-17-2013, 07:30 PM
Good to see a Bellville thread going and going and going:). Where is FBB???:sleeping:

Manso/V8
09-17-2013, 07:53 PM
Did Sweeny crank up the mosquito breeding area behind the visitor's stands this year?

SHSBulldog00
09-17-2013, 09:16 PM
Sooo, how many did you hang on Brazosport? :)
SO

We put up 48.

SHSBulldog00
09-17-2013, 09:18 PM
Did Sweeny crank up the mosquito breeding area behind the visitor's stands this year?

We're not mowing on the visitor side until the season is over.:D

SHSBulldog00
09-17-2013, 10:44 PM
Has anyone used this site? It is usually accurate but I don't take much from this. Check it out

Try clear conditons and the rainy conditions

http://lonestarfootball.net/team.asp?T=701&A=701

If so I think Sweeny may get more talk

Roughneck93
09-17-2013, 10:59 PM
Has anyone used this site? It is usually accurate but I don't take much from this. Check it out

Try clear conditons and the rainy conditions

http://lonestarfootball.net/team.asp?T=701&A=701

If so I think Sweeny may get more talk

I did earlier.

Has Columbia losing to Kashmere...:foul:

SHSBulldog00
09-17-2013, 11:10 PM
I did earlier.

Has Columbia losing to Kashmere...:foul:

Kashmere has had some really good athlete's recently so WC will have their hands full; but I would be shocked if Bellville's D gives up 50 this week in Sweeny.

SHSBulldog00
09-18-2013, 10:30 AM
We can have a M&G at the main gate at halftime. Who is gonna be there?

pancho villa
09-18-2013, 11:30 AM

If you want to get some of the Bellville Moms to that there M&G ya better have a ice chest full of "Cold Lone Star"

Manso/V8
09-18-2013, 11:47 AM
If you want to get some of the Bellville Moms to that there M&G ya better have a ice chest full of "Cold Lone Star"

Natty Light is the biggest seller around Austin County.

You should know that.......still butt hurt over lost love in Bellville?

SHSBulldog00
09-18-2013, 01:05 PM
Weather Update

Friday night now 80% chance of rain

SHSBulldog00
09-18-2013, 08:30 PM
For you Bellville folks

http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/100/yezn.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/856/yezn.jpg/)

TarponFanInNorthTexas
09-19-2013, 02:24 AM

I'll be there, weather permitting. Right now though the forecast is looking crappy. Not good for scouting Bellville, I mean, checking out Sweeny's Slot-T. And because of the rain, I can't record plays on my phone for crying out loud!

pancho villa
09-19-2013, 08:14 AM
Natty Light is the biggest seller around Austin County.

You should know that.......still butt hurt over lost love in Bellville?

No way am I butt hurt. I love them good ol beer swilling, Copenhagen dipen, trailer trash women fron B-ville. SALT OF THE EARTH!

Scoop27
09-19-2013, 09:50 AM
By JOEL LUNA joel.luna@thefacts.com | 0 comments

SWEENY — A bevy of talent in the backfield has made the transition to the slot-T offense a smooth one for the Sweeny Bulldogs.

First-year coach Paul Kilby brought the new offensive look this season, and with runners including Dorland Fields, Anthany Simmons, Jamarkus Averhart, Zedrik White, Cody Erikson and Hermond Holmes, the Bulldogs are undefeated after three games.

“It is a good group and each one of them have their natural ability,” Kilby said. “What they are improving on each week is the other two-thirds of the game — which for us is carrying the ball, carrying out your fakes and blocking for each other. The buy-in is really starting to come with blocking for each other, carrying out their fakes and all of them are real talented with the football in their hands.”

With many high school programs going with no-huddle spread offenses, the run game still works quite well for Sweeny. How about averaging 400 yards on the ground and 50 points a game?

“I am not surprised, it didn’t work as well in Lockhart that first year, but it did in San Marcos,” Kilby said. “But I really thought these kids had the ability and, if they bought in, that they could be successful.”

Basically the slot-T features a lot of misdirection setting up quick pitches and counter traps. It somewhat resembles the Wing-T, but is still a bit different.

Senior quarterback Taylor Robertson had to learn from scratch about the Slot-T.

“For me, getting all of the footwork, where to step and who to give the ball to was something I struggled with,” he said. “It took me a week or so to get used to not tripping over anyone. But it is very good to know that whoever I hand off to, at least we are going to get a first down or possibly a score.”

The closest some of these Bulldogs had gotten to the slot-T before was last year against Bellville, their opponent this Friday at home.

“I had to play safety against it, and it was very confusing,” Fields said. “Very confusing and I didn’t know who had the ball at all.”

That has been true for the defenses trying to solve Sweeny this season. Fields is the No. 2 rusher in District 24-3A with 445 yards on 64 carries and a 6.95 per carry average with eight touchdowns. Simmons is right behind him with 426 yards on 42 carries, good for 10.14 per carry and six touchdowns.

Also ranked in the top 15 are Holmes with nine carries for 150 yards, 16.67 per carry, two TDs, and Averhart with nine for 65, 7.22 per carry and TD. While his numbers are good, Averhart hasn’t gotten going yet and is nursing an injury, Kilby said.

“We hope to be better when he really gets going and he is a senior with that experience,” Kilby said. “He is explosive and has great speed and is probably the more polished of the tailbacks with reps and things. He is still hobbled but hope to get him back real soon.”

Averhart, White and Holmes are the shortest of the backs and can get lost in traffic because of their stature. On the other hand, Fields and Simmons will hit the holes with a lot of power and speed. Erikson has the long strides when he is in motion.

“I think it is a good offense. It is something different but it works,” Averhart said. “When I get back, I am going to be ready to run and score and block for everybody.”

This offense has made believers out of some initially skeptical Bulldogs.

“I was a little surprised, especially with our start, but only because I didn’t think this offense fit us,” Simmons said. “But going through these games, it does fit us the best.”

The group is still working to improve on its fakes. In fact, after every game, the team hands out several awards, including the “jock dropper,” which goes to the person with the most convincing fake.

“It is all about pretending I have the ball and whether I have it or not I am running like I am scoring,” said Averhart, the first to get the honor after beating Bay City in the opener.

The award is an athletic supporter they get to autograph and hang on their locker for the week.

“For us it is real important we have an award called the jock dropper award because basically it eliminates gang tackling and slows the pursuing defense down when all backs are carrying out their fakes,” Kilby said. “They are starting to understand the value of that, and when they watch themselves on film, when it is done well, they get to see how it slows down the defense if everyone is carrying out their fakes.

“We are always yelling, ‘run like you got it,’” he said.

Fields received the award after the Brazosport win, and Ross Nairn got it against Aldine Davis.

“Nairn actually plays defense, but he was in there for one play and he got it because he faked out two defenders who were chasing after him,” Kilby said.

So who is the best faker out of the six runners who handle the ball most?

“My faking has gotten a lot better over the last couple of weeks, and Jamarkus usually has the best fakes but he is hurt so I had to take over that role,” Fields said.

For now the Bulldogs are relishing a good start with a new offense and a new outlook after last year’s 3-7 finish.

“I am not surprised but very pleased with our start,” Kilby said. “Of course I didn’t know if we would be 3-0 or 0-3 or some where in the middle, so I wouldn’t say surprised because I believe in these kids.”

YTBulldogs
09-19-2013, 01:00 PM
Sweeny trying to use Bellville own medicine against them here, slot-T. Should be a very entertaining game. Sounds like they are getting this new system down, and has the backs/QB to run it. Do they have the key, the O-liners? Especially against a quality program, with a solid defense. We'll soon see.

Love the comment in the Sweeny story above, “jock dropper” award they issue weekly. Love to see this one, on a messy tundra too. Don't get no better then this.

Congrats SHS, sounds like head coach Kilby is a good guy too. How are the home folks taking to him and the slot-T now?

Must admit, I'm a three yards and a cloud of dust guy. Old school at heart.

OLE'BULL
09-19-2013, 01:23 PM
If the rain comes hard as expected, both teams are going to have a little trouble running this system to perfection. I think it was the Giddings game last year that Bellville had trouble because of the wet field. Not an excuse, we need to be able to execute rain or shine. We rely on alot of crossing and misdirection. Our backs for the most part are quick and use cuts to elude defenders. We are not a run over you type of backfield. Shoudl be interesting!

SHSBulldog00
09-19-2013, 02:31 PM
Sweeny trying to use Bellville own medicine against them here, slot-T. Should be a very entertaining game. Sounds like they are getting this new system down, and has the backs/QB to run it. Do they have the key, the O-liners? Especially against a quality program, with a solid defense. We'll soon see.

Love the comment in the Sweeny story above, “jock dropper” award they issue weekly. Love to see this one, on a messy tundra too. Don't get no better then this.

Congrats SHS, sounds like head coach Kilby is a good guy too. How are the home folks taking to him and the slot-T now?

Must admit, I'm a three yards and a cloud of dust guy. Old school at heart.

They seem to be taking to Coach Kilby and the Slot T well so far. We will know more after we face a marquee program like Bellville.

hookandladder
09-19-2013, 02:41 PM
If the rain comes hard as expected, both teams are going to have a little trouble running this system to perfection. I think it was the Giddings game last year that Bellville had trouble because of the wet field. Not an excuse, we need to be able to execute rain or shine. We rely on alot of crossing and misdirection. Our backs for the most part are quick and use cuts to elude defenders. We are not a run over you type of backfield. Shoudl be interesting!

You menetioned your game last year with Giddings in the rain which was a close game, last week against Giddings by the score it looks like you guys had trouble with them again in good weather. Would you say Giddings is better this year or is Bellville struggling a little this year, also did Giddings best RB ( Hickey) play against you guys.

SHSBulldog00
09-19-2013, 02:49 PM
Today, 9/19/2013
High: 91 Low: 76
Chance thunderstorms
50% chance of precipitation.

Tomorrow, 9/20/2013
High: 86 Low: 76
Thunderstorms likely
70% chance of precipitation.

Sweeny Football (http://www.sweenyfootball.com/ClubSpotlight.aspx?clubId=54231&)

Manso/V8
09-19-2013, 08:15 PM
No way am I butt hurt. I love them good ol beer swilling, Copenhagen dipen, trailer trash women fron B-ville. SALT OF THE EARTH!

Oh, I wasn't talking about the women..........

Saggy Aggie
09-19-2013, 08:33 PM
I dont konw much about Sweeny, but I know that the Brahmas have all 3 starting RB's back from last year and it would be safe to assume they all 3 got faster this off season. SO, offensively the Bulls are a faster team than they were last year, so Sweeny must have some burners!

Sweeny always has legit speed

Saggy Aggie
09-19-2013, 08:34 PM
Natty Light is the biggest seller around Austin county

That's disgusting

Saggy Aggie
09-19-2013, 08:35 PM
Sweeny by 7

Manso/V8
09-19-2013, 08:40 PM
Sweeny by 7

I am so glad to see your prediction, I feel much better about Bellville's chances now!

OLE'BULL
09-19-2013, 09:28 PM
You menetioned your game last year with Giddings in the rain which was a close game, last week against Giddings by the score it looks like you guys had trouble with them again in good weather. Would you say Giddings is better this year or is Bellville struggling a little this year, also did Giddings best RB ( Hickey) play against you guys.

Trust me, we were fine this past Friday against them. One of our 3 starting RB's rushed for 170 yards. Not sure about the other 2. We got sacked more than enough times which means we tried to throw more than normal, which is hardly ever. I don't know the answer to your question is Giddings better this year or is Bellville struggling. Giddings defense is pretty salty. A hole would open up and then boom, Giddings D was right there. Their defense is playing well. And I want to say it's just their O is down but I can't. Let me tell you, that QB they have is the real deal. If he just had some receivers who could catch they might have been alright. I could see the O getting on the same page in a couple of weeks and when they do the Buffs will be a damn fine ball team, if they aren't already. So I will answer your question now, Bellville is better this year RIGHT NOW than Giddings. No doubt the better team won. In a couple weeks, who knows???!

zebrablue2
09-19-2013, 10:50 PM
Harris poll picks Bellville by 20:confused:

Manso/V8
09-20-2013, 12:43 AM
I can tell you this much from the Rancher Report. If Bellville brings the same game plan they did last week against Giddings, Sweeny will will by 20. What bone head on the coaching staff put together that game plan or did the play calling should be fired. Passing attack was non existance 4 sacks 1 completion of 12 yards. One running back had a good game the others acted as if they were watching all night. The only thing that saved the Bulls was that the Giddings recivers could not catch a cold. If they had caught just a few, Bellville would be 1-2 going into this game. If the offense does not pick up the pace, Bellville will be on the outside looking in.

Do you seriously think a coach needs to be fired?

Manso/V8
09-20-2013, 12:57 AM
Harris poll picks Bellville by 20:confused:

Padilla picks Bellville by 10.

hookandladder
09-20-2013, 07:30 AM
Trust me, we were fine this past Friday against them. One of our 3 starting RB's rushed for 170 yards. Not sure about the other 2. We got sacked more than enough times which means we tried to throw more than normal, which is hardly ever. I don't know the answer to your question is Giddings better this year or is Bellville struggling. Giddings defense is pretty salty. A hole would open up and then boom, Giddings D was right there. Their defense is playing well. And I want to say it's just their O is down but I can't. Let me tell you, that QB they have is the real deal. If he just had some receivers who could catch they might have been alright. I could see the O getting on the same page in a couple of weeks and when they do the Buffs will be a damn fine ball team, if they aren't already. So I will answer your question now, Bellville is better this year RIGHT NOW than Giddings. No doubt the better team won. In a couple weeks, who knows???!

The Giddings - Columbus game tonight will tell us more about where Giddings stands this year, will also give you guys an idea where Columbus fits into your District playoffs. Time will tell but I just do not think Giddings is any better then they were last season, I know their JV did well but hell so did ours.

OLE'BULL
09-20-2013, 08:08 AM
I can tell you this much from the Rancher Report. If Bellville brings the same game plan they did last week against Giddings, Sweeny will will by 20. What bone head on the coaching staff put together that game plan or did the play calling should be fired. Passing attack was non existance 4 sacks 1 completion of 12 yards. One running back had a good game the others acted as if they were watching all night. The only thing that saved the Bulls was that the Giddings recivers could not catch a cold. If they had caught just a few, Bellville would be 1-2 going into this game. If the offense does not pick up the pace, Bellville will be on the outside looking in.

Jesus, a little wound up last night were ya? Stay too long at the Cat Spring Country Club? We didn't throw the ball well last year until really week 10 against Sealy, if I remember correctly. Again, that's not what we do well. And it's sure not what we do well early in the season. Do we need to be able to throw the ball well OCCASIONALLY come playoff time, sure. But that is still a good ways away. Most HS RB's would kill for a 170 yd. game. Why dish it off as much to the other RB's when you have a hot one. Doesn't make sense to me but what do I know? Just to remined you, we were 1-2 going in to this game last season. Seemed to turn out all right. We are a point away from being 3-0 right now, and should be. Bellville will not "be on the outside looking in". Saying things like that make you sound ignorant. Its embarrassing that you are from Austin County.

pancho villa
09-20-2013, 08:17 AM
Jesus, a little wound up last night were ya? Stay too long at the Cat Spring Country Club? We didn't throw the ball well last year until really week 10 against Sealy, if I remember correctly. Again, that's not what we do well. And it's sure not what we do well early in the season. Do we need to be able to throw the ball well OCCASIONALLY come playoff time, sure. But that is still a good ways away. Most HS RB's would kill for a 170 yd. game. Why dish it off as much to the other RB's when you have a hot one. Doesn't make sense to me but what do I know? Just to remined you, we were 1-2 going in to this game last season. Seemed to turn out all right. We are a point away from being 3-0 right now, and should be. Bellville will not "be on the outside looking in". Saying things like that make you sound ignorant. Its embarrassing that you are from Austin County.

Rancher has been spending to much time backing his sheep up in the barn!!!

Saggy Aggie
09-20-2013, 10:13 AM
I am so glad to see your prediction, I feel much better about Bellville's chances now!

Lol I think Bellville will probably win, I'm just pulling for my district and our rival.

Manso/V8
09-20-2013, 11:28 AM
Lol I think Bellville will probably win, I'm just pulling for my district and our rival.

Gotcha!......but now that I know your true thoughts on the game, I am a bit worried.

BB BULLS
09-20-2013, 11:43 AM
Gotcha!......but now that I know your true thoughts on the game, I am a bit worried.

i am sure we wiil see a different Bellville team tonight even if the weather is bad. bellville by 21. i know a lot of the kids on the team and they are pretty pump up for a non-district game.

SHSBulldog00
09-20-2013, 03:20 PM
I'm pumped and I'm not even playing.

Bellville holds the series lead with 5 wins and 2 losses.

BB BULLS
09-20-2013, 04:52 PM
I'm pumped and I'm not even playing.

Bellville holds the series lead with 5 wins and 2 losses.

getting closer to game time folks, lets hope for a good clean game and injury free. may the best team win. i am bull fan so here it is Bellville 35 Sweeny 14. i have enjoyed this thread.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
09-20-2013, 06:07 PM
I'm aborting this one, folks. Weather just a little too nasty, and I'm not taking the risk on the wet roads, especially when there's so many people in Houston who don't know when to slow down on wet roads.

I'll film, I mean, catch you guys at a later time.

BTW, when do Bellville & Wharton play each other?

bird_fan
09-20-2013, 07:52 PM
Is there a working Internet broadcast of this game the one one the internet post dont work

speedbump
09-20-2013, 08:12 PM
Is there a working Internet broadcast of this game the one one the internet post dont work

http://kmacsports.ezstream.com/play/index.cfm?fuseaction=embstay&id=3C265A918C

bird_fan
09-20-2013, 08:19 PM
Thanks man

SHSBulldog00
09-20-2013, 10:42 PM
Bellville 35
Sweeny 21

Roughneck93
09-20-2013, 10:55 PM
From chron.com...

Boxscore (http://www.chron.com/sports/highschool/scoreboard/?site=default&mkt=houston&Season=2013&tpl=Boxscore&ID=180923&Sport=1&TeamID=177&SearchType=Teams)

Saggy Aggie
09-20-2013, 11:02 PM
Looks like it was pretty evenly matched stat wise and the difference was a couple Sweeny fumbles.

Bellville passing game pretty effective also. Also, only 1 penalty for 5 yards. Good win Bellville

SHSBulldog00
09-20-2013, 11:05 PM
Looks like it was pretty evenly matched stat wise and the difference was a couple Sweeny fumbles.

Bellville passing game pretty effective also. Also, only 1 penalty for 5 yards. Good win Bellville

Fumbles didn't hurt that much. Pass defense and tackling are still not where the coaching staff would like. We dropped a TD pass early that also could have changed the flow of the game.

Bull's-eye
09-21-2013, 12:21 AM
Bellville controlled the game early, got off to a 14-0 lead & was driving to take a 3 TD lead. A penalty helped stalled that scoring drive, but a nice punt left Sweeny inside their own 20. That's when Fields broke one for 80+ yards & made this a game. Sweeny did miss a golden opportunity when their receiver missed a wide open pass, but they also benefited on a 4th down Hail Mary TD pass that should of been intercepted or at least knocked down. I don't know what the Bulldogs did during the intermission, but their slot-t really got going in the 2nd half. As the season moves along, I look for them to get even better on offense. Improve some throwing the ball & this will be a very potent offense. Bellville had been outstanding against the run, so this may tell us that the Bulldogs are already very good at running the ball. Bellville's defense wasn't too bad for the first 20 minutes, but after the long run by Fields, both teams struggled to stop each other's running game. I'm going to keep an eye on this Sweeny team, they should be really rolling come playoff time. Good luck to both teams!

Bull's-eye
09-21-2013, 12:38 AM

You should be happy with tonight's play calling, thought the OC made some great calls. The third & short play action TD pass to the TE was a thing of beauty.

HEMOTOXIC
09-21-2013, 01:17 AM
Good win Bulls!!

Pudlugger
09-21-2013, 07:24 AM
Solid win there Bulls. Good luck in your district. Leps got cancelled due to lightening:(.

SHSBulldog00
09-21-2013, 08:12 AM
Pic's from last night

http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/9757/q8vo.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/694/q8vo.jpg/)

http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/3123/el2n.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/571/el2n.jpg/)

http://img802.imageshack.us/img802/2731/y7sh.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/802/y7sh.jpg/)

http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/5710/6qqq.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/690/6qqq.jpg/)

Saggy Aggie
09-21-2013, 08:18 AM
I like the Bellville unis. Those are pretty sweet

SHSBulldog00
09-21-2013, 08:21 AM
More from last night

http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/9207/rqt6.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/834/rqt6.jpg/)

http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/7456/kt5e.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/837/kt5e.jpg/)

http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/6717/cqqc.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/854/cqqc.jpg/)

http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/3397/ywqk.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/31/ywqk.jpg/)

http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/4852/x78o.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/407/x78o.jpg/)

http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/8855/vm1d.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/849/vm1d.jpg/)

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/5940/8nn5.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/4/8nn5.jpg/)

Scoop27
09-21-2013, 10:19 AM
Miscues, missed opportunities the difference for Sweeny

Story
Comments
Image (3)

ShareShare
Print
Create a hardcopy of this page
Font Size:
Default font size
Larger font size

Previous Next
Sweeny vs. Bellville

TRASK SMITH/Special to The Facts
Sweeny vs. Bellville

Dorland Fields of the Sweeny Bulldogs avoids a tackle attempt by Bellville’s Brandon Swearingen on Friday night at Bulldog Stadium.

Posted: Saturday, September 21, 2013 2:00 am

By ANTHONY MAENZA sports@thefacts.com | 0 comments

SWEENY — In a battle of Slot-T offenses, the Bellville Brahmas made plays when they had to in order to subdue the Sweeny Bulldogs 35-21 Friday night.

“I was incredibly proud of our kids and how they played against a highly-ranked team. They battled the whole way, and I know it ends up being a two-touchdown score, but turnovers on offense really hurt us. If we don’t have those it could have been a nice high-scoring 35-34 game,” Sweeny coach Paul Kilby said. “They never gave up one iota. Our kids just battled the whole night.”

The difference between the game turning into a fourth-quarter fight might have been just two plays.

In the first half with Bellville leading 7-0, the Bulldogs were at the Brahma 43 when Sweeny quarterback Taylor Robertson hit a wide-open Derek Davis in stride with a pass, but Davis couldn’t hang on to the ball. The Bulldogs later had to punt.

In the third quarter, trailing 28-14, Sweeny drove down to the Bellville 30, but a fumble recovered by Bellville’s Tevin Crawford ended the threat with two minutes left in the third quarter that could have made it a one-score game again.

“We were doing to them what they were doing to us, but they had less turnovers,” Kilby said. “We moved the ball the whole night. We couldn’t hold on to the ball at critical times. (Bellville) didn’t turn the ball over. That was kind of the difference.”

The loss spoiled what was a great night for Sweeny running back Dorland Fields, who rushed for 231 yards and two scores and caught a 35-yard touchdown pass.

“He’s an absolute warrior,” Kilby said. “The 200 yards was great, but what I was impressed with was the way he carried five and six and seven players at times. I haven’t seen him do that this year.”

Bellville held a 14-0 lead after a three-yard touchdown run from DeBrae Parker and a one-yard touchdown run from LaKeith Nunn in the second quarter.

Fields got the Bulldogs within a touchdown when he broke through the Bellville defense and scampered 83 yards into the end zone with 3:52 left in the first half. Blayne Bailey’s kick cut the Brahma lead to 14-7.

Bellville battled back and regained a two-touchdown advantage when Jett Crider caught a 27-yard touchdown pass from quarterback Wyatt Strieder with 58 seconds left in the second quarter.

Sweeny made it a one-score game again with 2:18 left in the third quarter. On a fourth-and-16 play from the Bellville 35, Fields caught a Taylor Robertson pass that was deflected by a Bellville defender for a touchdown. Bailey’s kick made it 21-14.

But Nunn, who rushed for 202 yards, struck back with a 64-yard touchdown run with 2 minutes left in the third to put the Brahmas up by 14 again.

After Crawford recovered the Sweeny fumble at the Brahma 31, Bellville mounted another touchdown drive that was capped by Nunn’s third touchdown of the night with 9:42 left in the fourth quarter. The 23-yard run put Bellville up 35-14.

Fields picked up his third touchdown of the night with 3:23 left in the game on a 10-yard run.

Scoop27
09-21-2013, 10:20 AM
Miscues, missed opportunities the difference for Sweeny

Story
Comments
Image (3)

ShareShare
Print
Create a hardcopy of this page
Font Size:
Default font size
Larger font size

Previous Next
Sweeny vs. Bellville

TRASK SMITH/Special to The Facts
Sweeny vs. Bellville

Dorland Fields of the Sweeny Bulldogs avoids a tackle attempt by Bellville’s Brandon Swearingen on Friday night at Bulldog Stadium.

Posted: Saturday, September 21, 2013 2:00 am

By ANTHONY MAENZA sports@thefacts.com | 0 comments

SWEENY — In a battle of Slot-T offenses, the Bellville Brahmas made plays when they had to in order to subdue the Sweeny Bulldogs 35-21 Friday night.

“I was incredibly proud of our kids and how they played against a highly-ranked team. They battled the whole way, and I know it ends up being a two-touchdown score, but turnovers on offense really hurt us. If we don’t have those it could have been a nice high-scoring 35-34 game,” Sweeny coach Paul Kilby said. “They never gave up one iota. Our kids just battled the whole night.”

The difference between the game turning into a fourth-quarter fight might have been just two plays.

In the first half with Bellville leading 7-0, the Bulldogs were at the Brahma 43 when Sweeny quarterback Taylor Robertson hit a wide-open Derek Davis in stride with a pass, but Davis couldn’t hang on to the ball. The Bulldogs later had to punt.

In the third quarter, trailing 28-14, Sweeny drove down to the Bellville 30, but a fumble recovered by Bellville’s Tevin Crawford ended the threat with two minutes left in the third quarter that could have made it a one-score game again.

“We were doing to them what they were doing to us, but they had less turnovers,” Kilby said. “We moved the ball the whole night. We couldn’t hold on to the ball at critical times. (Bellville) didn’t turn the ball over. That was kind of the difference.”

The loss spoiled what was a great night for Sweeny running back Dorland Fields, who rushed for 231 yards and two scores and caught a 35-yard touchdown pass.

“He’s an absolute warrior,” Kilby said. “The 200 yards was great, but what I was impressed with was the way he carried five and six and seven players at times. I haven’t seen him do that this year.”

Bellville held a 14-0 lead after a three-yard touchdown run from DeBrae Parker and a one-yard touchdown run from LaKeith Nunn in the second quarter.

Fields got the Bulldogs within a touchdown when he broke through the Bellville defense and scampered 83 yards into the end zone with 3:52 left in the first half. Blayne Bailey’s kick cut the Brahma lead to 14-7.

Bellville battled back and regained a two-touchdown advantage when Jett Crider caught a 27-yard touchdown pass from quarterback Wyatt Strieder with 58 seconds left in the second quarter.

Sweeny made it a one-score game again with 2:18 left in the third quarter. On a fourth-and-16 play from the Bellville 35, Fields caught a Taylor Robertson pass that was deflected by a Bellville defender for a touchdown. Bailey’s kick made it 21-14.

But Nunn, who rushed for 202 yards, struck back with a 64-yard touchdown run with 2 minutes left in the third to put the Brahmas up by 14 again.

After Crawford recovered the Sweeny fumble at the Brahma 31, Bellville mounted another touchdown drive that was capped by Nunn’s third touchdown of the night with 9:42 left in the fourth quarter. The 23-yard run put Bellville up 35-14.

Fields picked up his third touchdown of the night with 3:23 left in the game on a 10-yard run.

Bull's-eye
09-21-2013, 12:09 PM
The article seems to paint a different picture from my point of view. Yes, Sweeny lost 2 fumbles, but one was right at the end of the game & basically didn't matter. More than turnovers, the key to the game was Bellville jumping on top of the Bulldogs early & then answering every Sweeny TD with one of their own. Fields was incredible using his speed to out run the Bellville defenders, but I don't know about him carrying 7 tackers. If I had to describe Nunn & Fields, Nunn would be thunder & Fields was lightening. I would love to see the first half stats, thought the Bellville defense kept the Dogs in check & if not for the late 83 yard TD run, this game was close to getting out of hand. With Bellville up 14-0 & driving the ball, a penalty was huge in keeping them from going up 21-0. After a great punt to pin Sweeny inside their 20, Fields took off on his 83 yard TD run. Now in the 2nd half, Sweeny was a different team on offense. If you wanted to make a video on running the slot-t, this was the time to do it. Also, the article failed to mention the details of their 35 yard TD pass. On 4th & long, the Sweeny QB throws a poorly thrown ball into the end zone. A Bellville defender goes for the interception, but accidently pops the ball in the air where the Sweeny receiver makes the reception. In that situation, the defender should of just swatted the ball down & not go for the interception. Yes, Sweeny dropped a would be TD pass earlier in the game, but then they got one that most likely they didn't deserve.

Red Bull
09-21-2013, 12:17 PM
Great game all around for Bellville. They made plays when needed and forced two critical turnovers. Great game by coaches as well. Had kids ready to play as they always do. Also great job by OC adding new plays and some good calls in critical moments.

maestro
09-21-2013, 12:56 PM
I really enjoyed the posting of game night pictures!!!

Pictures really are worth more than words.

Good job whomever did that.

Lucky2Coach
09-21-2013, 01:14 PM
Good to hear about Dorland Fields, he is a great kid!!!

mac77
09-21-2013, 05:16 PM
When I first heard that the Slot-T was coming to Sweeny, I thought, "This is gonna be really good or this is gonna be really bad." Great to see it is going good for S-town. One thing I don't care for is the new helmet. I have always wondered why Sweeny doesn't just use the schools colors and stop with all the blacks and grays and navy blues. Maybe for trim but the school colors are Columbia blue and white. If they need examples, just take the traditional North Carolina uniform and go with it.

Just two cents worth from an old Sweeny grad.

SHSBulldog00
09-21-2013, 05:28 PM
I really enjoyed the posting of game night pictures!!!

Pictures really are worth more than words.

Good job whomever did that.

Here's a few more maestro.

http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/9569/5pap.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/11/5pap.jpg/)

http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/2277/0dyj.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/11/0dyj.jpg/)

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/2916/97w9.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/43/97w9.jpg/)

http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/7996/7tx4.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/202/7tx4.jpg/)

BB BULLS
09-21-2013, 05:35 PM
Here's a few more maestro.

http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/9569/5pap.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/11/5pap.jpg/)

http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/2277/0dyj.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/11/0dyj.jpg/)

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/2916/97w9.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/43/97w9.jpg/)

http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/7996/7tx4.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/202/7tx4.jpg/)

those are great pictures plase send more if you have. i was out of town did not get to this good game

SHSBulldog00
09-21-2013, 05:57 PM
http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/8609/zw0a.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/842/zw0a.jpg/)

http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/2605/i7a3.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/196/i7a3.jpg/)

http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/1311/17qi.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/689/17qi.jpg/)

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/2148/nxr0.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/15/nxr0.jpg/)

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/4348/8nco.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/15/8nco.jpg/)

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/8412/ugel.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/17/ugel.jpg/)