PDA

View Full Version : Oh crap

Saggy Aggie
09-13-2013, 04:48 PM
Rovell just posted a photo on ESPN showing Johnny signing autographs for that broker....

Convenient timing....

Still no proof of money being exchanged.... But I thought this was dead. SMH

Weebe
09-13-2013, 04:53 PM
Predictable timing.

regaleagle
09-13-2013, 04:53 PM
This ain't gonna be a dead issue the whole season long, Saggie. Might as well get used to it, and ride along with it. You know the media's not just gonna let it be....not with the biggest nationally televised game this week at center stage. That's just the way it is with these media types.

Saggy Aggie
09-13-2013, 05:06 PM
Id be willing to bet if there is evidence, it'll come out the week of the bama game...

Lol....

Roughneck93
09-13-2013, 05:12 PM
I figured something else would come out the week of the big game.

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2013/0913/ncf_r_johnny-manziel_mb_600.jpg

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/9669838/photo-shows-johnny-manziel-signing-autographs-south-florida-autograph-broker-drew-tieman

LewPatt
09-13-2013, 06:43 PM
According to previous reports, Tieman was said to have paid Manziel $10,000 for signatures provided over a two-day period. The NCAA investigated and cleared Manziel of any wrongdoing, although Texas A&M issued a half-game suspension for violating NCAA bylaw 12.5.2.1, prohibiting student athletes from signing anything that will be sold regardless of compensation.

So what does this all mean? Manziel was already investigated by the NCAA and served a brief suspension for the incident this photo stems from. There is nothing extra incriminating in the photo, so there would be little reason to explore the incident any more. Had there been a pile of cash or a check with Manziel’s name on it visible on the table, then perhaps we are talking about a different story. That is not the case here though, so there should be little the NCAA can do in light of the new photo being shared.

One thing that has come in to discussion is whether or not Manziel could face any other punishment from Texas A&M. That does not appear to be something that would likely stem from this photo alone. Manziel was suspended for violation of NCAA Bylaw 12.5.2.1, which would seem to indicate Manziel confirmed with Texas A&M he had signed items. Whether he lied or was honest about being paid is something only Manziel (and the broker) know for sure, but if he had been paid for his signatures he would have been ruled ineligible rather than simply suspended. If it comes out that he did in fact lie and it can be proven by the NCAA and Texas A&M,then Manziel would also be in direct violation of Texas A&M’s honor code, which could lead to being expelled from the university entirely.

Granted, this would be an extreme worst-case scenario, but even with this photo there is not enough evidence to suggest beyond a reasonable doubt Manziel was misleading about the situation. We can all have our beliefs on what actually happened, but we also live in a country where we are innocent until proven guilty. For the time being, Manziel remains a free man.

Saggy Aggie
09-13-2013, 06:53 PM
According to previous reports, Tieman was said to have paid Manziel $10,000 for signatures provided over a two-day period. The NCAA investigated and cleared Manziel of any wrongdoing, although Texas A&M issued a half-game suspension for violating NCAA bylaw 12.5.2.1, prohibiting student athletes from signing anything that will be sold regardless of compensation.

So what does this all mean? Manziel was already investigated by the NCAA and served a brief suspension for the incident this photo stems from. There is nothing extra incriminating in the photo, so there would be little reason to explore the incident any more. Had there been a pile of cash or a check with Manziel’s name on it visible on the table, then perhaps we are talking about a different story. That is not the case here though, so there should be little the NCAA can do in light of the new photo being shared.

One thing that has come in to discussion is whether or not Manziel could face any other punishment from Texas A&M. That does not appear to be something that would likely stem from this photo alone. Manziel was suspended for violation of NCAA Bylaw 12.5.2.1, which would seem to indicate Manziel confirmed with Texas A&M he had signed items. Whether he lied or was honest about being paid is something only Manziel (and the broker) know for sure, but if he had been paid for his signatures he would have been ruled ineligible rather than simply suspended. If it comes out that he did in fact lie and it can be proven by the NCAA and Texas A&M,then Manziel would also be in direct violation of Texas A&M’s honor code, which could lead to being expelled from the university entirely.

Granted, this would be an extreme worst-case scenario, but even with this photo there is not enough evidence to suggest beyond a reasonable doubt Manziel was misleading about the situation. We can all have our beliefs on what actually happened, but we also live in a country where we are innocent until proven guilty. For the time being, Manziel remains a free man.

I completely agree. Nothing to work with in this photo, but I figured the timing would lead to more evidence coming. If this is all Rovell has, he's trying way too hard.

oldtownag
09-13-2013, 08:17 PM
Yea, Johnny signed 10,000 dollars worth of photo's and didn't even set down. That dude is fast!

movethechain
09-13-2013, 09:36 PM
Where in the world is OT? He should be all over this.

Snyder_TigerFan
09-13-2013, 09:56 PM
You can curse now! And loopy is back for the 18th time?! Things have changed.

I was once a Johnny football fan until his immature return in the second half of the Rice game. Had he just played the game, it would have all been forgotten. No longer a fan.

LewPatt
09-13-2013, 10:07 PM
You can curse now! And loopy is back for the 18th time?! Things have changed.

I was once a Johnny football fan until his immature return in the second half of the Rice game. Had he just played the game, it would have all been forgotten. No longer a fan.

Good seeing you too Tiger Fan...

Yes, looks like things have changed. I wasn't aware Tony had passed away. How have you been? I see Snyder had some guys missing tonight due to discipline issues, but looks like they are going to win anyways. Good job.

Snyder_TigerFan
09-13-2013, 10:36 PM

Yes, looks like things have changed. I wasn't aware Tony had passed away. How have you been? I see Snyder had some guys missing tonight due to discipline issues, but looks like they are going to win anyways. Good job.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

LewPatt
09-13-2013, 10:42 PM

Oooppps, looks like I was wrong. Never mind.