PDA

View Full Version : I can't concentrate with all this football talk!

Cam
09-12-2013, 01:53 PM
Can't get no work done today!....between the rhetoric on the Low and my 8th grader's first game of the year vs. Marble Falls today, I'm a mess!...I think I got more jitters than he does!!....This mornin' he was like, "Take it easy dad, everything is gonna be all right! Take 1mg of Klonopin and you'll be fine!".........:vrycnfsd::crazy1:

For those who don't know: Klonopin is used for the treatment of panic and anxiety disorders.....

BEAST
09-12-2013, 01:56 PM
Can't get no work done today!....between the rhetoric on the Low and my 8th grader's first game of the year vs. Marble Falls today, I'm a mess!...I think I got more jitters than he does!!....This mornin' he was like, "Take it easy dad, everything is gonna be all right! Take 1mg of Klonopin and you'll be fine!".........:vrycnfsd::crazy1:

For those who don't know: Klonopin is used for the treatment of panic disorders and anxiety disorders.....

Im worse off than you are. Tonight is my sons first game as a 7th grader. At least you had last year to get the first time jitters out of the way.

BEAST

defense51
09-12-2013, 02:03 PM
It gets worse and the excitement grows the older they get, at least it did for me!

Cam
09-12-2013, 02:12 PM
Im worse off than you are. Tonight is my sons first game as a 7th grader. At least you had last year to get the first time jitters out of the way.

BEAST

Well kinda...last year, he only played in the first game of the season then broke a bone the following Wednesday at church of all places! Ended his season!.....so, he's pretty much still a rookie!....What stinks now is one of our QB's broke his thumb at baseball practice last Sunday so now he's done for about 6 weeks!.....

BEAST
09-12-2013, 02:41 PM
Well kinda...last year, he only played in the first game of the season then broke a bone the following Wednesday at church of all places! Ended his season!.....so, he's pretty much still a rookie!....What stinks now is one of our QB's broke his thumb at baseball practice last Sunday so now he's done for about 6 weeks!.....

Well that aint any good. But man I promise you this, I have more butterflies than my son does.

BEAST

panfan
09-12-2013, 02:46 PM
Well that aint any good. But man I promise you this, I have more butterflies than my son does.BEAST

Good luck to both youngsters!

Rabid Cougar
09-12-2013, 02:53 PM
Last year of University of North Texas football and China Spring football, both Seniors. 17 years of coaching and watching them play. The jitters never go away.

greendawg84
09-12-2013, 02:55 PM

For those who don't know: Klonopin is used for the treatment of panic and anxiety disorders.....

Maybe you should give panfan some of that Klonopin ....... :vrycnfsd:

hollywood
09-12-2013, 02:58 PM
First game jitters as a parent must be intense.

A business friend of mine told me a story yesterday. His son plays football at Iowa State on a scholarship. He's a freshman and #6 on the depth chart as a DE. He said at their first game, he had more butterflies than his son did even knowing his son wouldn't see the field. Just the pure excitment of his first game and being there to see him suited up and run out with the team. He said he didn't really remember much about the game. He kept watching his son on the sideline. lol Now that's a dedicated father.

toddg
09-12-2013, 03:04 PM
First game jitters as a parent must be intense.

A business friend of mine told me a story yesterday. His son plays football at Iowa State on a scholarship. He's a freshman and #6 on the depth chart as a DE. He said at their first game, he had more butterflies than his son did even knowing his son wouldn't see the field. Just the pure excitment of his first game and being there to see him suited up and run out with the team. He said he didn't really remember much about the game. He kept watching his son on the sideline. lol Now that's a dedicated father.

got my wife some primo binoculars..she focuses on our sons on the field, she dont care about anything else but watching them and them only

Cam
09-12-2013, 03:05 PM
Maybe you should give panfan some of that Klonopin ....... :vrycnfsd:

:spitlol:...the side effects of this drug for folks who bleed purple are a little scary...his skin would turn kelly green and we all know he couldn' handle that!...and, he'd grow warts on the palms of his hands!....:eek:.....

Cam
09-12-2013, 03:07 PM
Good luck to both youngsters!

thanks my good buddy from Liberty Hill!!.....

BEAST
09-12-2013, 03:09 PM
Yea this is kinda a bitter pill for me. I have coached him in all he has done since he was 4. First time I will be watching him play instead of coaching him.

BEAST

ccmom
09-12-2013, 03:14 PM
Yea this is kinda a bitter pill for me. I have coached him in all he has done since he was 4. First time I will be watching him play instead of coaching him.

BEAST

Good luck!!! Our 7th graders got the season rolling this past Tuesday night in Graham. Fun stuff!!

ccmom
09-12-2013, 03:15 PM

Good luck to your son!

Cam
09-12-2013, 03:17 PM

BEAST

Bitter pill huh??.....Take a Klonopin and place it under your tongue!....It's got a real sweet taste to it..no bitterness whatsoever!......And no, I'm not a doctor...but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night!!!!

Hey, you could always do what I did...learn to take a mean action shot, get a media pass or just pretend you work for Sports Illustrated, and spend your time down on the sidelines near your boy!.....I can't stand sittin' in the stands!!!

firstdown
09-12-2013, 03:34 PM
I found that running the chains was the answer for me when my boys were playing.

BwdLion73
09-12-2013, 03:44 PM
As an older than yall poster I enjoyed reading these post. I can still remember my sons first game suiting up in the 7th grade. I stood on the sideline and had that same 'I need to go to the bathroom' feeling that I had felt many years ago. Good luck and enjoy. Time flys.
Oh and feel free to use the old "man my allergies are acting up"

GO BROWNWOOD!

hookandladder
09-12-2013, 03:55 PM
My high school days of being nervous are over and it get's no better at the college level, my son got his first college start at QB last week for Blinn and man it started all over again. Until your kids are done playing ball , you better find a way to clam the nerves. My is about a 6 pack of Natty Lights, game on.

BEAST
09-12-2013, 04:01 PM
My high school days of being nervous are over and it get's no better at the college level, my son got his first college start at QB last week for Blinn and man it started all over again. Until your kids are done playing ball , you better find a way to clam the nerves. My is about a 6 pack of Natty Lights, game on.

Thats awesome man. How'd your soon do?

BEAST

hookandladder
09-12-2013, 06:58 PM
Thats awesome man. How'd your soon do?

BEAST

Had a decent game, 10-20 175 yards 2 Td's 1 Int tipped pass that should have been caught but that happens. Not bad first game.

Cam
09-12-2013, 11:22 PM
Well, I just got home from my boys 8th A game.....His team whooped up on the Marble Falls horsies 21-0. That was a hard hittin' game! Unfortunately, my boy can't seem to catch a break! Got hurt on the first play of the game. He latched on to the cornerback and pushed him back about 10 yds. Opened up the alley for about a 15 yd. run by our RB....however, another defender came flying in towards the back of my kid's legs while he was still battling the corner. Got legged whipped pretty bad. He went down in obvious pain....Scared the crap outta me cause I immediately thought it was his knee. Turns out to be a deep leg bruise. He can barely walk right now but should be OK in about a week......whew!!!...... :doh: