09-11-2013, 09:46 PM
Alabama 31
Johnny Football's Team 17

Macarthur
09-11-2013, 10:04 PM
http://capstonereport.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/TAM-Logo-480x336.png

Texas A&M 30
Alabama 27

I think this is about right. I think Alabamas offense is going to have issues keeping up with a&m s.

Manso/V8
09-11-2013, 10:08 PM
Are the suspended defensive players back?

El Prup Bulldog
09-11-2013, 10:15 PM
If Johnny gets by Saban and his defense as well as he did last year, I'll be very impressed. I believe we'll see a very frustrated A&M QB this game, probably a couple of unsportsmanlike conduct penalties from Mr. Football.

LewPatt
09-11-2013, 11:01 PM
Are the suspended defensive players back?

Yes they are.

Rabid Cougar
09-12-2013, 09:23 AM
The Good Guys win! Gig'em.

StangEm
09-12-2013, 09:36 AM
Heart says Gig Em
Head says Roll Tide

pancho villa
09-12-2013, 09:38 AM
JFF 105 Tide 0

carter08
09-12-2013, 09:39 AM
I know A&M is getting their missing defensive players back, but still... they gave up way too many yards/points to Rice & Sam Houston. Before the season started, I was thinking A&M would win this. Now? I think AJ McCarron is going to have a big game. I think the Bama defense has had a year to figure out Manziel & a two week break to get ready for Saturday. I think Bama won't shut Johnny Football down, but I think they're the one team in the country that can slow him down enough to make a difference.

A&M probably only loses one game this year. This is that game.

Alabama by 10.

pancho villa
09-12-2013, 09:52 AM
http://college-football.si.com/2013/09/11/alabama-coach-nick-saban-addresses-the-yahoo-sports-report-in-press-conference/?sct=hp_t2_a9&eref=sihp

Macarthur
09-12-2013, 10:03 AM
I know A&M is getting their missing defensive players back, but still... they gave up way too many yards/points to Rice & Sam Houston. Before the season started, I was thinking A&M would win this. Now? I think AJ McCarron is going to have a big game. I think the Bama defense has had a year to figure out Manziel & a two week break to get ready for Saturday. I think Bama won't shut Johnny Football down, but I think they're the one team in the country that can slow him down enough to make a difference.

A&M probably only loses one game this year. This is that game.

Alabama by 10.

Keep in mind though that while A&M s defense looked iffy (without many starters) bamas offense looked very pedestrian and they haven't had another game to try and clean things up. Bamas offense better look much better than they did opening week to score enough.

1st and goal
09-12-2013, 10:20 AM
I know the coaches have been trying to calm down the "freak mode" in JM. Hopefully, they shut up and let him play this weekend.

Bama's D-line tasked with containment, to blitz or not to blitz, that is the question. Defensive ends are going to have to contain, that opens up the run gaps up the middle.....what to do,,,,what to do....

If Ags defense can get a few stops, I think they stand a good chance of winning. I'll say the Ags will not be able to suffer many mistakes and turnovers if they want to win.

44INAROW
09-12-2013, 10:25 AM
I didn't realize that A&M and Alabama were playing this weekend.. surprised I haven't seen any press about the game :vrycnfsd::wave::ack!:

Gobbler Fan
09-12-2013, 10:29 AM
Alabama rolls and Johnny football points the finger at his teammates because he does nothing wrong :evilgrin:

pancho villa
09-12-2013, 10:37 AM
Alabama rolls and Johnny football points the finger at his teammates because he does nothing wrong :evilgrin:

Your on dope! JFF is "ALL ABOUT TEAM"

LewPatt
09-12-2013, 10:51 AM
http://youtu.be/ODk8AyTihOE

Scoop27
09-12-2013, 11:15 AM
I'll be keeping up the No. ranked Texas volleyball team this weekend.Wouldn't waste my time and watching any kind of college or pro football this weekend

Roughneck93
09-12-2013, 11:21 AM
I'll be keeping up the No. ranked Texas volleyball team this weekend.Wouldn't waste my time and watching any kind of college or pro football this weekend

:confused:

pancho villa
09-12-2013, 11:23 AM

Either your being sarcastic or you drink beer with fruit in it!!!!!!!!!!

carter08
09-12-2013, 11:41 AM
Keep in mind though that while A&M s defense looked iffy (without many starters) bamas offense looked very pedestrian and they haven't had another game to try and clean things up. Bamas offense better look much better than they did opening week to score enough.

I guess it comes down to which one improves faster... Bama's Offense or the Aggie Defense. I'm leaning toward Alabama's offense, with the key to it being two things: 1) A&M not being able to contain Christion Jones & 2) This rule: Never bet against Nick Saban when he has a chip on his shoulder.

I love Kevin Sumlin-- he did a lot for us when he was at UH, but if this game comes down to coaching, Saban's got him. Johnny Football's going to have to play possibly his best game yet. Can he do it? Maybe. Will he? We'll see.

hsbtex
09-12-2013, 12:01 PM
http://youtu.be/ODk8AyTihOE

Damn that is sweet. I'm nervous and it's only Thursday

Per Bleacher Report, this is now the most expensive ticket ever in college football history

Roughneck93
09-12-2013, 12:07 PM
Damn that is sweet. I'm nervous and it's only Thursday

Per Bleacher Report, this is now the most expensive ticket ever in college football history

Forbes is reporting that tickets are averaging $763 on the secondary market. :eek:

http://blog.chron.com/sportsupdate/2013/09/aggies-call-out-students-aiming-to-make-a-buck-on-bama-tickets/?cmpid=hpts

1st and goal
09-12-2013, 12:15 PM
The students are being warned not to sell their student tickets. At risk of losing remainder games of this year, entire sportspass tickets, and or their remaining eligibility to buy student tickets as long as they remain at Aggieland.

They don't want no Bama fans mixed in their 12th man student section.

Hater
09-12-2013, 12:40 PM
Hearing that Drake will indeed be in College Station for the game Saturday, rumor has it he might also be doing a live intro for the Ags.....checking with my sources. Lol.

Gobbler Fan
09-12-2013, 12:53 PM
The students are being warned not to sell their student tickets. At risk of losing remainder games of this year, entire sportspass tickets, and or their remaining eligibility to buy student tickets as long as they remain at Aggieland.

They don't want no Bama fans mixed in their 12th man student section.

Can they sell their autograph...oh wait thats been answered :)

Hater
09-12-2013, 01:00 PM

Full scholarship students CAN sell their autographs for profit....they can also sell their names if the opportunity presents itself........it's student-athletes that aren't allowed to profit off of anything. Lol.

defense51
09-12-2013, 01:01 PM

JFF can do anything he wants to do! Go Aggies!!!

hollywood
09-12-2013, 01:19 PM
Bama rolls the tide at Kyle field Sat. Sorry Aggie fans. I'll be pulling for the Ag's but my gut says Sabon will have an answer for Manziel this meeting. Maybe not. But I think so.

Bama 28
Ag's 17

caleb_mccaig
09-12-2013, 01:43 PM
Alabama 42
A&M 28

No one has proven over the past four years they hang with Bama other than LSU. Whenever A&M is batting .500 against Bama in the last four years we'll consider it an actually rivalry, one game is a fluke, twice in four/five years is a rivalry. I don't think A&M has the defense to stop the best QB in the SEC, that's right McCarron is my pick over Manziel, even though I love Johnny. They won't be able to stop Yeldon, Drake or that entire offense.

BEAST
09-12-2013, 01:44 PM
Bama rolls the tide at Kyle field Sat. Sorry Aggie fans. I'll be pulling for the Ag's but my gut says Sabon will have an answer for Manziel this meeting. Maybe not. But I think so.

Bama 28
Ag's 17

You man be right but I dont see what the answer is. If you drop 6 into coverage, the Ags will run the ball, including Manziel gashing them with big runs. If you blitz or load the box, you are putting the Dbs in a tough situation. If Manziel plays the way he can, there really isnt a good situation for any opposing D.

BEAST

Saggy Aggie
09-12-2013, 02:15 PM
Alabama 42
A&M 28

No one has proven over the past four years they hang with Bama other than LSU. Whenever A&M is batting .500 against Bama in the last four years we'll consider it an actually rivalry, one game is a fluke, twice in four/five years is a rivalry. I don't think A&M has the defense to stop the best QB in the SEC, that's right McCarron is my pick over Manziel, even though I love Johnny. They won't be able to stop Yeldon, Drake or that entire offense.

Lol McCarron over Manziel

Emerson1
09-12-2013, 02:23 PM
Lol McCarron over Manziel

How many rings does Manziel have?

Gobbler Fan
09-12-2013, 02:34 PM
:spitlol:

BEAST
09-12-2013, 02:35 PM

Thats a team victory, not a personal one. How many Heismans does McCarron have?

BEAST

defense51
09-12-2013, 02:36 PM

How many Heisman trophies does McCarron have?

hollywood
09-12-2013, 02:37 PM
You man be right but I dont see what the answer is. If you drop 6 into coverage, the Ags will run the ball, including Manziel gashing them with big runs. If you blitz or load the box, you are putting the Dbs in a tough situation. If Manziel plays the way he can, there really isnt a good situation for any opposing D.

BEAST

I hope I am wrong BEAST. If anyone beats Bama this year, I'd rather it be a Texas team. At least most of the Texas teams have players that played HS football in Texas. ;)

Saggy Aggie
09-12-2013, 03:24 PM

Irrelevant. National championships is a team thing. His post and my reply were both individual player related. He didn't say bama over A&M, which would've been justified. How many championships do you think bama would have in the last 3 years if Johnny would've been their QB.... ? Or how many championships would A&M have if Johnny had the supporting cast that McCarron does...?

Plus... Johnny is in his 2nd year.... McCarron his 4th???

C'mon Emerson... Think before you post.

OldBison75
09-12-2013, 03:31 PM
I think this is a 7 point game. With the home field advantage that Kyle field will bring, the Aggies have a good chance of being on top.

Macarthur
09-12-2013, 03:36 PM
You know, everyone keeps talking about saban having a chip on his shoulder but I thought I heard on the radio that he is only 5-4 against teams that he previously lost to. Not exactly dominant.

And I take nothing away from saban but Sumlin is a damn good coach too. Everyone keeps saying that saban has had a year to prepare, etc. We'll, A&M has had a year to work on things too.

Roughneck93
09-12-2013, 04:14 PM
You know, everyone keeps talking about saban having a chip on his shoulder but I thought I heard on the radio that he is only 5-4 against teams that he previously lost to. Not exactly dominant.

And I take nothing away from saban but Sumlin is a damn good coach too. Everyone keeps saying that saban has had a year to prepare, etc. We'll, A&M has had a year to work on things too.

Saban is 15-2 in "revenge" games since arriving in the SEC in 2000.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2013/sep/11/old-school-sec/

Macarthur
09-12-2013, 04:28 PM
Saban is 15-2 in "revenge" games since arriving in the SEC in 2000.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2013/sep/11/old-school-sec/

Hmm. I'll try to find what I saw. Or did I hear it on the radio.

Saggy Aggie
09-12-2013, 04:35 PM
http://www.goodbullhunting.com/2013/9/12/4723782/all-caps-preview-alabama-texas-a-m-manziel-saban

Emerson1
09-12-2013, 04:45 PM
Irrelevant. National championships is a team thing. His post and my reply were both individual player related. He didn't say bama over A&M, which would've been justified. How many championships do you think bama would have in the last 3 years if Johnny would've been their QB.... ? Or how many championships would A&M have if Johnny had the supporting cast that McCarron does...?

Plus... Johnny is in his 2nd year.... McCarron his 4th???

C'mon Emerson... Think before you post.

I didn't know you were that easy these days.

1st and goal
09-12-2013, 04:57 PM
http://collegestation.craigslist.org/tix/4063448047.html

Here's an enterprising young man... :)

Saggy Aggie
09-12-2013, 05:37 PM
I didn't know you were that easy these days.

Lol, I would've expected it from Casey but not you

LewPatt
09-12-2013, 07:28 PM
http://nbccollegefootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2013/09/bear.jpg

When No. 1 Alabama and No. 6 Texas A&M face off on Saturday in College Station, it will be just the sixth time these two schools have met.

Despite this historical unfamiliarity, both teams are bound together by a common thread that goes beyond their mere status as Southeastern Conference brethren.

It stands to reason that both programs would not be in the position they are now if not for the work of one man — Paul ‘Bear’ Bryant, who was born 100 years ago this week.

His first team at A&M, the 1954 squad, went 1-9 after surviving a grueling training camp at Junction, Texas. Two years later, the legendary “Junction Boys” would go undefeated and capture their first Southwest Conference championship in 15 seasons. When John David Crow won the Aggies’ first Heisman Trophy in 1957, it was in large part because Bryant vouched on his behalf.

“If he doesn’t win it, then they ought to quit giving it,” Bryant told the press.

In 1958, Bryant was tabbed by his alma mater to be its head coach and athletic director: “Momma called. And when Momma calls, you just have to come runnin’,” he said of his return to Alabama.

His tenure at Alabama was remarkable. He coached the Tide for 25 years, winning six national titles (1961, 1964, 1965, 1973, 1978, and 1979) and thirteen SEC championships. He was the three-time national Coach of the Year. When he finished, he had won more games than any other Division I coach, compiling a lifetime record of 323-85-17.

The Bear passed away in January of 1983, just a few weeks after retiring from football.

What would he think of these two teams getting ready to play on Saturday? He’d probably get a kick out of Johnny Manziel’s free-wheeling style — after all, he coached one Joe Namath — though it’s doubtful he’d tolerate any of his off-the-field antics. The power-running and physical approach of the Crimson Tide on both sides of the ball would be right up his alley.

Most of all, he’d be proud of what his two teams had become — national powers playing the sport at the highest of levels.

If there’s anyone left who represents the spirit of Bryant and his connection to these two schools, it’s Crow, who coached under Bryant at Alabama after starring for the Aggies on Bryant’s last team there. When Alabama and A&M storm onto Kyle Field on Saturday, he’ll be there to watch his Heisman heir try to pull off another upset. But he won’t be devastated if the Tide wins.

“I tell everybody that A&M is my true love and that I want us to win everything that we do, but Alabama is a close second because of the ties I had with Coach Bryant, and with my son playing over there,” Crow told the College Station Eagle.

If this year’s game is as exciting as last year’s 29-24 upset by A&M in Tuscaloosa, it may signal the beginning of a rather interesting and unique rivalry.

The Bear would no doubt approve.

http://www.lewpblog.com/2013/09/12/100th-anniversary-of-bear-bryants-birth-looms-over-alabama-texas-am-showdown/

regaleagle
09-13-2013, 04:05 AM
I'm of the opinion A&M and Manziel with give the Tide some trouble offensively. I'm not sure Bama is rigged to successfully defend a Sumlin-type offense yet. They are so used to playing a different type of offense in the SEC. On the other hand, I can't say I've been impressed at all with the Aggie defense so far this season either. Usually, whomever scores the most points wins. For this reason...and because the game is at Kyle Field...I just have a feeling Johnny and the Southside Dukes will pull this one out. The Aggies win again....31-28. :clap:

LewPatt
09-13-2013, 07:42 AM
http://nbccollegefootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2013/09/isaiah-golden.jpg

You want some perspective on the game of college football in general and the Alabama-Texas A&M game specifically? Here it comes. In spades.

According to the San Antonio Express-News, the two-month-old daughter of A&M defensive tackle Isaiah Golden died suddenly and unexpectedly earlier this week. The cause of death for Avery Golden, who was born July 9 of this year, was not given.

The little girl was laid to rest Wednesday.

Whether or not Golden (pictured, right) plays against the Tide Saturday has yet to be determined, the Express-News says. Rightly so, that decision will be left solely to the discretion of the true freshman defensive lineman.

I simply can’t fathom burying a child, let alone being able to fight through that grief to play in a football game, so God bless Golden regardless of what he chooses. Thoughts, prayers and condolences to Golden, the little girl’s mother and her family as they work through heartbreak of unspeakable proportions.

Source: http://blog.mysanantonio.com/aggies/2013/09/aggies-defensive-tackle-dealing-with-death-of-infant-daughter/

Mojo84
09-13-2013, 08:00 AM
Prayers for Golden and his family. I can't imagine the grief they must be dealing with. Whatever he decides to do will be the right decision for him and his family.

pancho villa
09-13-2013, 08:06 AM
I'm of the opinion A&M and Manziel with give the Tide some trouble offensively. I'm not sure Bama is rigged to successfully defend a Sumlin-type offense yet. They are so used to playing a different type of offense in the SEC. On the other hand, I can't say I've been impressed at all with the Aggie defense so far this season either. Usually, whomever scores the most points wins. For this reason...and because the game is at Kyle Field...I just have a feeling Johnny and the Southside Dukes will pull this one out. The Aggies win again....31-28. :clap:

Regaleagle you have to be an AGGIE "USUALLY, whomever scores the most points wins"

1st and goal
09-13-2013, 08:08 AM
That is truly heartbreaking. Prayers for the family.

I can certainly understand if he didn't want to play this weekend, or any in the future. I'm sure he has a hole in his heart right now. Grief is hard. Time will help, but never totally heal.

coach
09-13-2013, 08:22 AM
ATM wins if they can stop bamas running game up the middle and if JFF and co. do not turn the ball over. I do not see this happening. I have

Bama 28
ATM 17

Saggy Aggie
09-13-2013, 08:25 AM
Former Carthage bulldog

Txbroadcaster
09-13-2013, 08:44 AM
Former Carthage bulldog

and EF yellow jacket

LewPatt
09-13-2013, 09:00 AM
http://youtu.be/df66Nrnc3Bs

jason
09-13-2013, 09:06 AM
http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/2600/mhq7.png

LewPatt
09-13-2013, 09:07 AM
http://youtu.be/8p2MkQeQxcI

Saggy Aggie
09-13-2013, 09:13 AM
The biggest outcome from this game may be the recruiting....

For 2014 recruits.... 6 ***** and 8 **** will be visiting CS.

For 2015 recruits.... 1 ***** and 10 **** will be visiting CS.

1st and goal
09-13-2013, 09:22 AM
The biggest outcome from this game may be the recruiting....

For 2014 recruits.... 6 ***** and 8 **** will be visiting CS.

For 2015 recruits.... 1 ***** and 10 **** will be visiting CS.

To think that you can show up and make an immediate contribution (at many positions) is a great possibility and recruiting tool.

Hater
09-13-2013, 09:59 AM
http://www.goodbullhunting.com/2013/9/12/4722926/twas-the-night-before-alabama

Twas The Night Before Bama

Twas’ the night before game day and all through Aggieland

Not an aggie could sleep not even Sumlin

The jerseys were hung in the locker room with care

In anticipation that Alabama would soon be here

The players were nestled all snug in their beds

While visions of AJ McCarron crying danced in their heads

Out on Kyle Field they’d soon make a clatter,

To prove Mark May wrong, A&M should and does matter

The Aggies as always should score in a flash

Regardless or not if someone recently got some extra cash

And the crowd anxious for Johnny to appear,

While Nick Saban in his cargo shorts will shudder in fear,

With a little sophomore quarterback so lively and quick,

Sumlin knew in a moment it should be easy to beat Nick.

More rapid than eagles our players they came,

And Sumlin whistled and shouted and called them by name:

"Now, Sabian! Now, Deshazor! Now Ricky Seals Jones!

On, Evans! On, Malena! Clay Honeycutt Go home!

Hey defense get out there! Quick your asses you have to haul!

Boys where is the tackling? This isn’t the wrecking crew at all!"

And then, in that instance, he saw on the field

A turn in the tide and our fate might be sealed

As I cried in my seat in hopes this game would turn around,

Down the field Johnny came with a bound.

A Heisman trophy he had on his back,

And he looked just like a hero taking charge on his pack.

His eyes—how they sparkled! His jersey, how clean!

His face drew emotion. "Its time for business" he screamed.

His offseason had been scandalous with media spinning lies

But Johnny didn’t care for this now was his time.

With a cashin out, a fake autograph and a twist of his head

Soon he let me know I had nothing to dread;

He spoke not a word, but went straight to his work,

Even tackling McCarron thanks for waking me up you jerk!

He scored touchdown after touchdown for a comeback lead

The stadium couldn’t believe it

Had we really again beat the number one team?

And I heard him exclaim, as he disappeared out of sight—

"Happy Bama win to all, and F*** off ESPN stop caring about my life"

LewPatt
09-13-2013, 10:43 AM
http://youtu.be/PoEDE9tL8-U

defense51
09-13-2013, 11:27 AM

That's good stuff! :2thumbsup

coach
09-13-2013, 12:06 PM

That just got me so freakin pumped! Im about to go on lunch duty. First kid i see running, I am jacking him up!

Macarthur
09-13-2013, 12:10 PM
Well done video.

ccmom
09-13-2013, 12:26 PM

Sweet!!!!

defense51
09-13-2013, 12:39 PM
That just got me so freakin pumped! Im about to go on lunch duty. First kid i see running, I am jacking him up!

:spitlol:

Rabid Cougar
09-13-2013, 12:52 PM

Sorry. I have go to go home and get my old jersey and helmet ( 12thMan Kickoff Team '83-'86) . There are walls to run through. :thumbsup:

Emerson1
09-13-2013, 01:57 PM
Bama by 28. It's over by halftime. A&M gets quick coming out at the half, but then Bama puts A&M back in their place.

Saggy Aggie
09-13-2013, 02:12 PM
Bama by 28. It's over by halftime. A&M gets quick coming out at the half, but then Bama puts A&M back in their place.

:) :)

LewPatt
09-13-2013, 02:19 PM
http://www.dowdlefolkart.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/base/texas-a-m-aggies-base.jpg

LewPatt
09-13-2013, 02:37 PM
Well, it's just about that time. Probably the biggest game of the year for A&M, but aren't they all big games?

As you may or may not can tell, I'm a pretty huge Aggie fan. I guess my prior military service has a lot to do with that. I had the pleasure of going to the Cotton Bowl and watch the Ags put it on Oklahoma. That was one of the biggest treats for me ever.

As ya'll can tell I'm pretty new here. Thanks for allowing me to wade in to the site effortlessly. I will be on the road tomorrow while the Aggies are playing, so thank goodness for XM Radio. At any rate, as I was about to say, when I was at the Cotton Bowl, I had the pleasure of doing some video recording, and I recorded the following video. I hope ya'll like it.

Take care, hope ya'lls team wins tonight, be safe out on those roads, and I hope you enjoy your weekend.

Gig 'Em Aggies!

http://youtu.be/w6qMsp7klv0

buff4ever
09-13-2013, 03:04 PM
talk about impact on the area. Traffic in Giddings is crazy all day today. People staying in the hotels around here and Bastrop. People from Bama stopping by our shops yesterday. They seem to be making the most of their trip to TX.

Big game, not matter the outcome, the hype and attention around this game is unreal compared to anything that has happened in TEXAS in a long time.

Go aggies.

regaleagle
09-13-2013, 03:16 PM
Regarding the video LewPatt provided....much thanks to a walk back down memory lane for me. Apparently the faces have changed, but some things....like tradition....have been able to remain the same through all these years and all these changes with our society. Good to see.

Emerson1
09-13-2013, 03:40 PM
a quick 10*

Saggy Aggie
09-13-2013, 04:14 PM
Probably the biggest game of the year for A&M

.... More like biggest game in school history...

hsbtex
09-13-2013, 04:19 PM

Coach...I'm still laughing at your post!

hollywood
09-13-2013, 04:26 PM
New age for aTM was last year. Tomorrow will be the same ole age for aTm. Bama will have their way with the Ags I'm afraid. Hope not. I'd like to see an aTm victory. Huge game! I'll be tuning in wearin my burnt orange.

Saggy Aggie
09-13-2013, 04:43 PM

Still laughing at this post. Scoop is the definition of butthurt longhorn fan.

This guy is going to watch UT volleyball instead of wasting his time watching the A&M and Bama game. LOL

1st and goal
09-13-2013, 06:49 PM
He might go watch quidditch with Phil.

LewPatt
09-13-2013, 07:27 PM
He might go watch quidditch with Phil.

Did you know Sweetwater had a quidditch team? (http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Sweetwater_All-Stars)

Sweetwater All-Stars

Quidditch Team information

Hometown
Sweetwater, Texas, USA

League(s)
United States League

Most Glorious Hour
Their 1993 defeat of the Quiberon Quafflepunchers after a five-day match.

Behind the scenes

First appearance
Quidditch Through the Ages

The Sweetwater All-Stars are a Quidditch team based in Sweetwater, Texas, USA. In 1993, they beat the Quiberon Quafflepunchers after a five-day match.

1st and goal
09-14-2013, 09:51 AM
I am too stoked to think straight. Sitting on the edge of my seat until GAMETIME!!!!

hsbtex
09-14-2013, 10:07 AM
I am too stoked to think straight. Sitting on the edge of my seat until GAMETIME!!!!

Same here. I have been nervous since yesterday. Did you see the part on Gameday about UT? They were talking about the arrogance of UT (or atleast the arrogance they used to have), the disaster called LHN, and the brilliance of A&M moving to the SEC...and what a long way the Horns have fallen.

Whew...sucks to be a Horn these days

coach
09-14-2013, 10:11 AM
Coach...I'm still laughing at your post!

Lol. What can I say, I wear my emotions on my sleeve.

Saggy Aggie
09-14-2013, 12:22 PM
Gameday boys and girls :)

Buff42
09-14-2013, 12:34 PM
Sorry. I have go to go home and get my old jersey and helmet ( 12thMan Kickoff Team '83-'86) . There are walls to run through. :thumbsup:

Whoop. Old Army. Class of 88 here.

And thank you for your service Sir.

Roughneck93
09-14-2013, 01:03 PM
Awesome Gameday sign...

http://usatthebiglead.files.wordpress.com/2013/09/moving-johnny-manziel-money-sign.gif

regaleagle
09-14-2013, 02:32 PM
Well....here we go Sportsfans. If you're into football, you've got to like this matchup. I'm hoping for an Aggie win....or an Aggie "whooping" win. I'd love to see Manziel have a great game today.

defense51
09-14-2013, 02:47 PM
Aggies making it look easy so far.

Saggy Aggie
TD Johnny!!!

regaleagle
WOW oh WOW oh WOW oh WOW.....you !!!! What a start by Manziel and the Aggies offense. Sumlin has this team ready.

Saggy Aggie
09-14-2013, 02:50 PM
It still amazes me when people doubt Johnny's on-field play.

This game is going to come down to A&M defense...

regaleagle
09-14-2013, 02:52 PM
Welcome to Kyle field, Alabama. The SEC isn't the only place where the fans are rabid on Saturdays. In Texas, our boys know how to play this game, too.

defense51
09-14-2013, 02:55 PM
The defense is swarming the ball!

Saggy Aggie
09-14-2013, 02:56 PM
12th man making a difference already

regaleagle
09-14-2013, 02:59 PM
What's up, Saban???

Saggy Aggie
09-14-2013, 03:00 PM
Damn Johnny is a beast.

defense51
09-14-2013, 03:00 PM
Uh Oh...

ogg
09-14-2013, 03:03 PM
Saban looks like he needs an antacid

Saggy Aggie
09-14-2013, 03:03 PM
Please defense.. I'm begging you defense please play well

regaleagle
09-14-2013, 03:04 PM
Manziel makes it go, but the TEAM is what's most important today. The Ags must play as a team to win the big games. Manziel is the leader on offense, the leader of the team, but can't do it single-handedly. And won't do it singlehandedly. Go AGGIES!

regaleagle
09-14-2013, 03:08 PM
Here comes BAMA. They ain't no slouches, lol. Lots of football to play. Aggies need to slow it down if they can. They have a lead. Use the clock when you can. Make this game go fast.

regaleagle
09-14-2013, 03:09 PM
Great drive by Bama. Great execution. Nothing to defend on that pass play. Just a great play.

Saggy Aggie
09-14-2013, 03:11 PM
Here comes BAMA. They ain't no slouches, lol. Lots of football to play. Aggies need to slow it down if they can. They have a lead. Use the clock when you can. Make this game go fast.

Are you joking? Slow it down in the first quarter? That's the most idiotic thing I've ever heard. Play your pace. That's part of what makes this offense great. ...

caleb_mccaig
09-14-2013, 03:11 PM
Too easy for Bama there. Both offenses making it look like a practice squad is playing defense.

regaleagle
09-14-2013, 03:23 PM
Saggie, you need to get ahold of yourself, lol. Don't you realize that the longer this game goes, clockwise....the better chance the Tide has to win it??? A&M is better off controlling the clock on offense than playing defense with no control of the clock...it's simple. As long as they can maintain the lead and control the clock, they can play keep-away from Bama. I think you're the one that needs to have a quick-course in football strategy.

caleb_mccaig
09-14-2013, 03:32 PM
Bama looking like the champs now.

Saggy Aggie
09-14-2013, 03:33 PM
Saggie, you need to get ahold of yourself, lol. Don't you realize that the longer this game goes, clockwise....the better chance the Tide has to win it??? A&M is better off controlling the clock on offense than playing defense with no control of the clock...it's simple. As long as they can maintain the lead and control the clock, they can play keep-away from Bama. I think you're the one that needs to have a quick-course in football strategy.

You're telling A&M to treat the game as if they've got a 2 TD lead in the 4th qtr.... It's the first qtr man. Play your tempo. You're playing into Bama's style if you slow it down. This is a moronic argument that I don't even know why I'm wasting time replying to

Saggy Aggie
09-14-2013, 03:34 PM
Trick play for a TD. Smh.

Saggy Aggie
09-14-2013, 03:39 PM
LOL.... Wow. Luck

regaleagle
09-14-2013, 03:41 PM
Forget it, Saggie. There's no reasoning in your view. You're wearing those rose-colored Aggie shades. Your objectiveness is blinded somewhat. Sumlin can have Manziel and the offense go at a pace that may seem fast, but slow the PLAY-CALLING down as much as possible and still control the clock somewhat. Extending the game is in Bama's favor. Speeding the clock is in ATM's favor.

Saggy Aggie
09-14-2013, 03:45 PM
Damnit

caleb_mccaig
09-14-2013, 03:45 PM
Bad mistake there by Manziel.

Saggy Aggie
09-14-2013, 03:46 PM
Forget it, Saggie. There's no reasoning in your view. You're wearing those rose-colored Aggie shades. Your objectiveness is blinded somewhat. Sumlin can have Manziel and the offense go at a pace that may seem fast, but slow the PLAY-CALLING down as much as possible and still control the clock somewhat. Extending the game is in Bama's favor. Speeding the clock is in ATM's favor.

Slow the pace in a tie game when half your success is based on tempo. Brilliant idea

Saggy Aggie
09-14-2013, 03:49 PM
McCarron has way too much time to throw

caleb_mccaig
Stop it bama!!!!!! Whooo

Saggy Aggie
Terrible angle by 25.

regaleagle
09-14-2013, 03:54 PM
You need a few years yet, Saggie. I have a brother that's an Aggie Alum. I understand the mentality. There's just no way to reason with him, either....that's just they way you Ags are. Y'all know everything, won't listen to reason, and are never wrong....until later. Then you still want to debate the results illogically. Like I said, I have a brother, Class of '73, that I've known a loooong time that has the same outlook. And 3 cousins that are alums also. I've been thru this Aggie thing in football season for 40 yrs. You're not a revelation to me. And you're not the lone ranger....just an Aggie.

Saggy Aggie
09-14-2013, 03:56 PM
Terrible call if this stands

Saggy Aggie
09-14-2013, 04:01 PM
You need a few years yet, Saggie. I have a brother that's an Aggie Alum. I understand the mentality. There's just no way to reason with him, either....that's just they way you Ags are. Y'all know everything, won't listen to reason, and are never wrong....until later. Then you still want to debate the results illogically. Like I said, I have a brother, Class of '73, that I've known a loooong time that has the same outlook. And 3 cousins that are alums also. I've been thru this Aggie thing in football season for 40 yrs. You're not a revelation to me. And you're not the lone ranger....just an Aggie.

Maybe we should just use an entirely different playbook too if we're gonna change our offense.

regaleagle
09-14-2013, 04:03 PM
No, Sumlin has a pretty good one. That and Manziel are the strength of this team. The defense is the Achilles heel. That's why it's so important for the offense to command control.

Saggy Aggie
09-14-2013, 04:07 PM
Our defense still sucks

hollywood
09-14-2013, 04:11 PM
Who's Rollin?

regaleagle
09-14-2013, 04:12 PM
They don't suck, Saggie. They're just playing Alabama and Nick Saban, lol. This is a machine the Ags are playing. To beat a machine, you need to at least slow it down some. If you can't do it on defense, then you'll have to create other ways to do it.

Saggy Aggie
09-14-2013, 04:13 PM
They don't suck, Saggie. They're just playing Alabama and Lou Saban, lol. This is a machine the Ags are playing. To beat a machine, you need to at least slow it down some. If you can't do it on defense, then you'll have to create other ways to do it.

Did you not watch the first two games? Our defense sucks.

caleb_mccaig
09-14-2013, 04:13 PM
So whose the best qb in the SEC again?

Saggy Aggie
09-14-2013, 04:15 PM

Manziel. Have you not seen the throws he's made running for his life? McCarron has had all day to throw and wide open receivers.

Think about the quality of defenses that each of these qbs is playing.

regaleagle
09-14-2013, 04:17 PM
Manziel is the better qb, no question. Alabama is the better TEAM. Manziel is the equalizer.

regaleagle
09-14-2013, 04:19 PM
Manziel is the equalizer IF he plays to his potential. If he doesn't...game over.

Saggy Aggie
09-14-2013, 04:20 PM
Rough first half.

Defense has to show up in the second half

caleb_mccaig
09-14-2013, 04:22 PM
How many throws have you seen McCarron miss though? Manziel has played pretty well thus far. However, he has overthrown some receivers and made a BIG mental mistake near the goal line. You won't see McCarron make a mistake like that.

Saggy Aggie
09-14-2013, 04:25 PM
How many throws have you seen McCarron miss though? Manziel has played pretty well thus far. However, he has overthrown some receivers and made a BIG mental mistake near the goal line. You won't see McCarron make a mistake like that.

Just a crappy play by the WR in my opinion. Do you think McCarron would have 1/3 of the completed passes if he were a&m's qb? No man... That defense is brutal

hookandladder
09-14-2013, 04:27 PM
Same old Sumlin like UH , good offense bad defense. Bama offense is just killing A&M defense , if Bama scores on first series of 3rd quarter. Game over

regaleagle
09-14-2013, 04:32 PM
Like I said earlier, Manziel is the equalizer. It is now on the offense. The D will have to step up and give the O a turnover, though. And Manziel will have to lead the offense to a score on just about every possession. That's what it looks like it's gonna come down to if the Ags are to have a chance at the end.

Saggy Aggie
09-14-2013, 04:35 PM
Same old Sumlin like UH , good offense bad defense. Bama offense is just killing A&M defense , if Bama scores on first series of 3rd quarter. Game over

I agree with the game over part, barring a miracle.

A&M needs to find a defense quick. This is exactly what I was afraid of

hollywood
09-14-2013, 04:35 PM
McCarron is the better QB! Are you kidding me? Manziel is the better oeverall athlete. Manziel is fun to watch though.

maestro
09-14-2013, 04:36 PM
The thing about the AGGIE defense is...

A couple of times you could see on TV that Bama had them beat by alignment before the snap.

That adjustment needs to be corrected at the half.

maestro
09-14-2013, 04:38 PM
As far as Bama defense, they need to make Johnny football just stand in the pocket.
The chasing out of the pocket is his strength.

hsbtex
09-14-2013, 04:39 PM
McCarron is the better QB! Are you kidding me? Manziel is the better oeverall athlete. Manziel is fun to watch though.

What is wrong with you? No he's not. He's missed a bunch of open receivers...throwing behind them. The heisman voters disagree with your assessment too.

Saggy Aggie
09-14-2013, 04:43 PM
Time to start our comeback :D

hollywood
09-14-2013, 04:44 PM
What is wrong with you? No he's not. He's missed a bunch of open receivers...throwing behind them. The heisman voters disagree with your assessment too.

As a QB, yes McCarron is a better QB. Not as a mad man with a ball in his hand though. Manziel is fun to watch. His best asset obviously is scrambling until he finds an open receiver before he's either sacked or runs for yardage.

Saggy Aggie
09-14-2013, 04:47 PM
Defense gives Johnny a chance. Whew.... C'mon baby

caleb_mccaig
09-14-2013, 04:48 PM
Goodnight A&M.

Roughneck93
Damn, what a return.

regaleagle
And then there's always the unexpected play to contend with.

hollywood
09-14-2013, 04:49 PM
JF tried to force it. Decision making is part of being QB.

Saggy Aggie
09-14-2013, 04:50 PM
Wow. Smh

caleb_mccaig
09-14-2013, 04:50 PM

McCarron > Manziel.

regaleagle
09-14-2013, 04:51 PM
The sophomore jinx just reared its ugly head, lol. And it wasn't even anything wrong Manziel did....just the jinx.

defense51
09-14-2013, 04:51 PM
I'm pretty sure even the offensive players should have learned to tackle at some point...

hsbtex
09-14-2013, 04:53 PM

So is hitting open receivers

regaleagle
09-14-2013, 04:54 PM
Part of the jinx is the target on the back stuff combined with bad breaks combined with a feeling that the team is depending on you on every down. That's the sophomore jinx.

Saggy Aggie
09-14-2013, 05:01 PM
McCarron > Manziel.

I'd hate to see what Manziel would do against a&m's defense and vice versa

regaleagle
09-14-2013, 05:03 PM
Well....Oregon is absolutely bulldozing Tennessee 45-7. This game is a long way from that, and a long way from being over if ATM scores here and then gets a stop and another score.

Saggy Aggie
09-14-2013, 05:05 PM
Do you guys honestly think McCarron could've made that throw??? Absolutely threaded the needle

regaleagle
09-14-2013, 05:07 PM
They don't know what to look for, Saggie. They are just looking at the Alabama team, and not what McCarron would be in another situation. It's obvious Manziel is the man here....not McCarron.

regaleagle
09-14-2013, 05:10 PM
It's also very obvious that the ATM defense has much work to do. They are pourous and easy to move the chains on. You combine that with great protection and a good power running game, any good qb will appear to be great.

hsbtex
09-14-2013, 05:14 PM
They don't know what to look for, Saggie. They are just looking at the Alabama team, and not what McCarron would be in another situation. It's obvious Manziel is the man here....not McCarron.

Too many freshmen on defense for a game of this magnitude. That's the difference from last year. Games not over though

Saggy Aggie
09-14-2013, 05:14 PM
Our defense still sucks.

caleb_mccaig
09-14-2013, 05:15 PM
It's highly entertaining watching A&M allow 6 yards a carry. It's going to be just like this when they play LSU also. Gonna be a long year.

regaleagle
09-14-2013, 05:16 PM
One BIG part of a sophomore jinx at the qb position is not having a reliable defense, lol.

hollywood
09-14-2013, 05:16 PM
It's obvious regal that each has his own opinion. You don't know everything. Lol

hsbtex
09-14-2013, 05:19 PM
It's highly entertaining watching A&M allow 6 yards a carry. It's going to be just like this when they play LSU also. Gonna be a long year.

Where did you graduate college from? Who is the team you pull for?

caleb_mccaig
09-14-2013, 05:22 PM

Is it even relevant? If you really want to know, I wanted to go to LSU or Clemson, my parents couldn't afford the out of state though, even though I was accepted. I received a scholarship from Baylor and went my first two years there and had to leave due to financial reasons and graduated from Tarleton State in May.

Saggy Aggie
09-14-2013, 05:23 PM

Surely he's not a longhorn fan. Lol, I don't think any of them have any room to talk

caleb_mccaig
09-14-2013, 05:25 PM
Surely he's not a longhorn fan. Lol, I don't think any of them have any room to talk

haha oh God no.

regaleagle
09-14-2013, 05:25 PM
I guess you could conclude that ATM is not a Top Ten team this season with this defense they have, huh?

Saggy Aggie
09-14-2013, 05:27 PM
I guess you could conclude that ATM is not a Top Ten team this season with this defense they have, huh?

Correct. They could improve but the defense is going to prevent them from being a top tier team

regaleagle
09-14-2013, 05:28 PM
Even though Tech defeated TCU the other nite, at least their defense wasn't as pourous as ATM's. Their problem was a poor offensive effort.

caleb_mccaig
09-14-2013, 05:28 PM
Correct. They could improve but the defense is going to prevent them from being a top tier team
Is the defense young?

hsbtex
09-14-2013, 05:29 PM
Is it even relevant? If you really want to know, I wanted to go to LSU or Clemson, my parents couldn't afford the out of state though, even though I was accepted. I received a scholarship from Baylor and went my first two years there and had to leave due to financial reasons and graduated from Tarleton State in May.

Yes...it is relevant...when you're making posts like that! So you pull for who?

hollywood
09-14-2013, 05:29 PM
I'm a Longhorn fan but truly wanted aTm to beat Alabama. I really wanted to see a Texas team beat them. But Bama's defense is too much for Manziel.

hsbtex
09-14-2013, 05:30 PM

Laughing... surely he's not!

hsbtex
09-14-2013, 05:31 PM
Even though Tech defeated TCU the other nite, at least their defense wasn't as pourous as ATM's. Their problem was a poor offensive effort.

They also weren't playing a team a sixteenth of Bama

regaleagle
09-14-2013, 05:33 PM
No, it's not Alabama's defense that's too much for Manziel. It's the lack of defense from ATM that is causing the problems. Otherwise, this game would be close.

hsbtex
09-14-2013, 05:34 PM

By the end of the year I think we'll be okay...but definitely have some growing pains ahead with this many freshmen on the field

caleb_mccaig
09-14-2013, 05:34 PM
Baylor, LSU and Tarleton. I appreciate sports in general before you criticize me. No, I'm not an A&M fan, however, I am a big Manziel fan. I think he's the best thing since sliced bread. I'm not just talking talk, just to do it. Bama is averaging 6 yards a carry, just stating facts.

hollywood
09-14-2013, 05:35 PM
Now that was a great drive and TD throw by Manziel!

hsbtex
09-14-2013, 05:35 PM
No, it's not Alabama's defense that's too much for Manziel. It's the lack of defense from ATM that is causing the problems. Otherwise, this game would be close.

I agree. Always keep in mind that Hollywood likes the Hornies...so the envy factor is out of control

hollywood
09-14-2013, 05:36 PM

I knew you would say that regal. Yes it is. Other wise it would be a barn burner. Lol

regaleagle
09-14-2013, 05:36 PM
They also weren't playing a team a sixteenth of Bama

How do you know that to be true? Can you prove that statement? Do we really know how good Tech is yet? NO, nobody does. You just assume that. Sometimes, assumptions can be wrong. Let's see how the season goes for Tech first. I agree they are not an Alabama, but I can judge holes in defenses, lol.

hollywood
09-14-2013, 05:37 PM
I agree. Always keep in mind that Hollywood likes the Hornies...so the envy factor is out of control

Lol, no. I truly want to see aTm pull this off. Getting tired of see Bama win NC's. lol

hsbtex
09-14-2013, 05:38 PM
Baylor, LSU and Tarleton. I appreciate sports in general before you criticize me. No, I'm not an A&M fan, however, I am a big Manziel fan. I think he's the best thing since sliced bread. I'm not just talking talk, just to do it. Bama is averaging 6 yards a carry, just stating facts.

Makes Aggie fans appreciate the defense we had last year. Man we had a heck of a team last year. Would have loved to face Bama again in Championship game. I liked our odds

hsbtex
09-14-2013, 05:38 PM
Lol, no. I truly want to see aTm pull this off. Getting tired of see Bama win NC's. lol

Wish we had last years defense!!

caleb_mccaig
09-14-2013, 05:42 PM
What a trash call there.

caleb_mccaig
09-14-2013, 05:45 PM
Big play by A&M gotta go down and score if they want a chance.

hollywood
09-14-2013, 05:45 PM
Now there's some defense!

regaleagle
09-14-2013, 05:47 PM
Is the jinx suddenly lifted??? That was a good call. Can Manziel take them down the field 95 yds for a score now? Let's see if Manziel can do it. Even if ATM loses, this series will be fun to watch.

Roughneck93
09-14-2013, 05:49 PM
Wow!

regaleagle
09-14-2013, 05:49 PM
Wow oh WOW oh WOW oh WOW!!!! That's all I have to say.

Saggy Aggie
09-14-2013, 05:51 PM
Wow! Wow!

You McCarron lovers think he could've done that???

hsbtex
09-14-2013, 05:51 PM
oh my gosh!!!!!!!

regaleagle
09-14-2013, 05:53 PM
Jinx back

Saggy Aggie
09-14-2013, 05:54 PM
If the defense don't come alive now they never will

regaleagle
09-14-2013, 05:56 PM
Another turnover would be huge now. Kyle Field would erupt.

regaleagle
09-14-2013, 05:59 PM
No. 88 for Bama is huge!!

Saggy Aggie
09-14-2013, 05:59 PM
Lol our defense still sucks

regaleagle
09-14-2013, 06:00 PM
We're at least getting our money's worth, huh? You just have to like watching Johnny Boy in action.

regaleagle
09-14-2013, 06:03 PM
The ATM defense is a work in progress. They will have to go thru the growing pains that all good defenses evolve from. Good defenses are not born...they are developed over time.

Saggy Aggie
09-14-2013, 06:06 PM
Couldn't come thru at all today

regaleagle
09-14-2013, 06:08 PM
Saggie, most of us didn't expect them to. We all knew what the main problem was gonna be playing Bama.....and it has been.

regaleagle
09-14-2013, 06:16 PM
It's been an admirable effort today by the Texas A&M Aggies on national television. Johnny Manziel was worth his pedigree, and the atmosphere was not boring. Overall, a successful venture for the Ags in a loss. Obviously, they are not done yet. Some hard work on the D side the rest of the season could make for a winning season for this team....perhaps.

Saggy Aggie
09-14-2013, 06:18 PM
Anyone who doubts Johnny is the best player in college football is insane. 560 yards and 5 TDs against the best defense in the country.

Saggy Aggie
09-14-2013, 06:20 PM
It's been an admirable effort today by the Texas A&M Aggies on national television. Johnny Manziel was worth his pedigree, and the atmosphere was not boring. Overall, a successful venture for the Ags in a loss. Obviously, they are not done yet. Some hard work on the D side the rest of the season could make for a winning season for this team....perhaps.
A winning season perhaps? They almost beat the #1 team.... Who else is gonna beat A&M?

regaleagle
09-14-2013, 06:24 PM
"Best defense in the country" is debatable, Saggie.....highly debatable. That's not what makes Bama so good this season....it's the combination of all aspects of their team. They have great athletes at many, many positions....but not necessarily the BEST defense in the country. That is yet to be determined. Let's just say they have a very good defense and are a very powerful offensive juggernaut.

regaleagle
09-14-2013, 06:26 PM
A winning season perhaps? They almost beat the #1 team.... Who else is gonna beat A&M?

Ohhh.....maybe a number of teams could cause problems for A&M with that defense they played today. It's still too early to say.....ergo the word "perhaps".

Saggy Aggie
09-14-2013, 06:36 PM
Ohhh.....maybe a number of teams could cause problems for A&M with that defense they played today. It's still too early to say.....ergo the word "perhaps".

If Johnny just put 560 yards and 5 TDs on bama, no one else has a chance. A&M will at least outscore every other team on their schedule. Bama slowed A&M down just enough to win.

hsbtex
09-14-2013, 06:39 PM
The ATM defense is a work in progress. They will have to go thru the growing pains that all good defenses evolve from. Good defenses are not born...they are developed over time.

I agree. They will get better as year progresses. Glad we have LSU in late November

Saggy Aggie
09-14-2013, 06:43 PM
I agree. They will get better as year progresses. Glad we have LSU in late November

I got my tix to that one

Saggy Aggie
09-14-2013, 06:48 PM
Mike Evans had 279 yards receiving....

regaleagle
09-14-2013, 06:51 PM
Mike Evans is a banger. He's money, and the pro scouts are licking their chops.

Phil C
09-14-2013, 06:58 PM
That was a great game by 2 great teams that could have gone the other way. If both teams win the rest of their games don't count out a rematch in the SEC championship game. I hope so.

hsbtex
09-14-2013, 07:00 PM
I got my tix to that one

I could only get RV passes to Auburn and Miss St so we will be at those two. Would love to be at the LSU game. Two of my drag boat races were in Louisiana this year...they were talking a lot of crap!

bobcat1
09-14-2013, 07:01 PM
Real good game. The 2 pics were the difference in this game. Neither team can play defense. Looks like a basketball score. Alabama's offense was really on today. So was A&M's. These 2 teams are the cream this year.

caleb_mccaig
09-14-2013, 07:30 PM
That was a great game by 2 great teams that could have gone the other way. If both teams win the rest of their games don't count out a rematch in the SEC championship game. I hope so.

I find it unlikely that A&M and Bama will play in the SEC championship. You know, since they're both in the west.

Macarthur
09-14-2013, 08:18 PM
A&M defense is just young and undermanned right now. They need another stud DT or two to take that next step.

carter08
09-14-2013, 09:39 PM
I predicted earlier that A&M would lose this game but then run the tables... & I'm sticking with that. Manziel looked good, this defense will keep improving, & the only real test they have left is LSU.

A bigger question-- if they run the tables, will they be in a position to force the rematch? Alabama is probably going undefeated. Can anyone else? Louisville, maybe, but I see them slipping up at least once (hopefully against Houston). Florida State has an easy schedule, so maybe them. I don't see any Big 12 schools going undefeated. Michigan almost lost to Akron today.

I think we're looking at this: Oregon & Ohio State have the best chance of going undefeated & making the title game. But if both teams lose? A&M's loss looks a lot better than theirs will, probably.

Macarthur
09-14-2013, 10:14 PM
I predicted earlier that A&M would lose this game but then run the tables... & I'm sticking with that. Manziel looked good, this defense will keep improving, & the only real test they have left is LSU.

A bigger question-- if they run the tables, will they be in a position to force the rematch? Alabama is probably going undefeated. Can anyone else? Louisville, maybe, but I see them slipping up at least once (hopefully against Houston). Florida State has an easy schedule, so maybe them. I don't see any Big 12 schools going undefeated. Michigan almost lost to Akron today.

I think we're looking at this: Oregon & Ohio State have the best chance of going undefeated & making the title game. But if both teams lose? A&M's loss looks a lot better than theirs will, probably.

Possible, I guess, but I don't see Oregon losing.

Txbroadcaster
09-14-2013, 10:40 PM
Louisville can go unbeaten but the terrible schedule will mean teams leap frog them

With the A&M D problems they do IMO have to worry about Ole Miss

Saggy Aggie
09-14-2013, 11:13 PM
Louisville can go unbeaten but the terrible schedule will mean teams leap frog them

They'll score 70 against ole miss

Txbroadcaster
09-15-2013, 12:13 AM
They'll score 70 against ole miss

probably will..but Ole Miss might score 71...that is the problem with a D that struggles..you force the offense to be perfect...Bama is not a OMG throwing offense, but they had their way today

1st and goal
09-15-2013, 05:29 AM
Wow, what a game. I think that the 1st interception was:
1)A bad called play
2) mistake to be thrown by JM
3) defensive pass interference, a solid push in the back keeping the receiver away from the ball
4) monumental game changer

The whole left side of the field was open. Johnny could've just trotted in. Score would've been 21-zip

Caleb, if you really think McCarron had a better game, I want some of whatever you're smoking. At the end of the year, when the stats get tallied, JM will be there, Lord allowing.

We all knew that A&M's D would be the key. And that's pretty much what happened. A couple of turnovers was something the Ags couldn't afford.

LH Panther Mom
09-15-2013, 06:02 AM
Does it really matter who the best "one" player is, one player cannot win a game by themself?

Emerson1
09-15-2013, 08:14 AM
Mike Evans had 279 yards receiving....

I called the 95 yard bomb. You're welcome I allowed it to be close at the end.

carter08
09-15-2013, 09:33 AM
Possible, I guess, but I don't see Oregon losing.

I hope Oregon doesn't lose (I like them more than I like A&M), but they'll have their hands full against UCLA + I think at some point losing Chip Kelly might hurt them (against a UCLA or a whoever they'd play for the PAC title).

Realistically, A&M has a shot at backdooring into the title game, though I pick Bama on a neutral field with a month to prepare to beat them by more than yesterday.

carter08
09-15-2013, 09:42 AM

Louisville didn't look great against Kentucky, though,...& it was Kentucky. Someone (or someones, even) upsets them.

Saggy Aggie
09-15-2013, 11:54 AM
I'm as big of a homer as there is, but I bet it's gonna be bama and whoever doesn't slip up between Oregon and Ohio St. Realistically, all 3 could go undefeated. And Louisvilles schedule is so weak that even if they went undefeated, they'd be left out over the aforementioned teams. A&M would need to win out and have some luck with the teams above them to back in

Buff42
09-15-2013, 12:27 PM
I pray for tu to become bowl eligible and be forced to play A&M in the Cotton Bowl. I know, I know, it'll be a cold day in hell this year if they're bowl eligible. But I can still dream........

carter08
09-15-2013, 02:21 PM
I'm as big of a homer as there is, but I bet it's gonna be bama and whoever doesn't slip up between Oregon and Ohio St. Realistically, all 3 could go undefeated. And Louisvilles schedule is so weak that even if they went undefeated, they'd be left out over the aforementioned teams. A&M would need to win out and have some luck with the teams above them to back in

I can't imagine Ohio State going undefeated two years in a row, though. &, after living in Ohio for a year, I don't want them to-- Ohio State fans are obnoxious up here.

1st and goal
09-15-2013, 02:22 PM
I pray for tu to become bowl eligible and be forced to play A&M in the Cotton Bowl. I know, I know, it'll be a cold day in hell this year if they're bowl eligible. But I can still dream........

:spitlol::fnypost:

regaleagle
09-15-2013, 05:07 PM
I think Baylor has the best chance to go to the Cotton Bowl. Not sure about ATM with that defense. Manziel has a bad or unlucky day and the Ags lose another one. Heck, TCU had a bad day against Tech, but at least they can play defense. You just gotta have a decent defense in bigtime college football these days to survive. Too many explosive offenses. Bad defense=upset special.

1st and goal
09-16-2013, 11:03 AM
Texas A&M shatters state record with $740 million in donations in one-year period

http://www.theeagle.com/news/a_m/article_3726fad2-1ed6-11e3-b33e-0019bb2963f4.html

Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

My wife's grandparents gave a very big chunk. 1200 acre prime hunting ranch down west of Encinal. Very near ranches you have heard of if you are a hunter.

OldBison75
09-16-2013, 02:07 PM
I think Baylor has the best chance to go to the Cotton Bowl. Not sure about ATM with that defense. Manziel has a bad or unlucky day and the Ags lose another one. Heck, TCU had a bad day against Tech, but at least they can play defense. You just gotta have a decent defense in bigtime college football these days to survive. Too many explosive offenses. Bad defense=upset special.

Regal, you really can't be saying that the Bama defense was that much better than the Aggie defense. Neither was that impressive in this game, but, they were both playing against the two top offenses in the country too. The reality is that this game was decided by a receiver cutting off a corner fade route and an interception that bounced up in the air off the helmet of a defender. That was a minimum 14 point swing in Bama's favor.

hookandladder
09-16-2013, 02:14 PM
Regal, you really can't be saying that the Bama defense was that much better than the Aggie defense. Neither was that impressive in this game, but, they were both playing against the two top offenses in the country too. The reality is that this game was decided by a receiver cutting off a corner fade route and an interception that bounced up in the air off the helmet of a defender. That was a minimum 14 point swing in Bama's favor.

What about Bama fumbling on the 3 yardline up 42-21 in the final quarter, that was not a a big turning point or help decide the final outcome.

OldBison75
09-16-2013, 02:48 PM
Hook, my point was that neither defense was that impressive and it was more about mistakes and lucky bounces that decided the outcome in the end. Yes, Bama had some bad breaks too. But, neither defense was great and certainly not championship quality on this day.

BEAST
09-16-2013, 03:20 PM
A&M's defense is young. It will continue to get better with the return of the guys who the Bama game was their first outing of the season. JF is the best Qb in the country IMO. He does things no other Qb can do. He can play pocket passer if he needs to. I think A&M runs the table and has a close one to LSU. After that it all depends on if LSU can trip up BAMA. Or if Georgia wins the SEC title game. Still very early in the season. It was one heck of a game and one heck of a come back.

BEAST

hookandladder
09-16-2013, 03:51 PM
Hook, my point was that neither defense was that impressive and it was more about mistakes and lucky bounces that decided the outcome in the end. Yes, Bama had some bad breaks too. But, neither defense was great and certainly not championship quality on this day.

You also have to tip your hat to McCarron , to be down 14 zip at that place in that game and reel off 28 unanswered points was pretty amazing. Also the second best thing was not having to listen to Brent Musburger annoucing the game and hearing him talk about McCarron's girlfriend, he must have a thing for her.

hollywood
09-16-2013, 04:17 PM
I wouldn't say that JF is the best QB in the nation. Definitely one of the best athletes playing QB though. ;) He kinda reminds me of Romo though. Sometimes he looks brilliant only to falter the next series by a stupid decision or an out of control paranoia play that cost the team. Game management is key to a QB and the team’s success. Talent gets you so far... the other part is intelligence.

BEAST
09-16-2013, 04:46 PM
I wouldn't say that JF is the best QB in the nation. Definitely one of the best athletes playing QB though. ;) He kinda reminds me of Romo though. Sometimes he looks brilliant only to falter the next series by a stupid decision or an out of control paranoia play that cost the team. Game management is key to a QB and the team’s success. Talent gets you so far... the other part is intelligence.

Romo? Serioulsy? Yes he tossed a pick in the endzone. Other than that he played dang near perfect.

BEAST

maestro
09-16-2013, 04:54 PM

And a stupid costly Bama fumble on the goalline

OldBison75
09-16-2013, 05:01 PM

As I said above my friend: neither defense was impressive and both had some bad breaks that cost points or the defensive stats would have been even worse looking!!!!!!!

hollywood
09-16-2013, 05:02 PM
Romo? Serioulsy? Yes he tossed a pick in the endzone. Other than that he played dang near perfect.

BEAST

LOL... bait taken. ;)

Buff42
09-16-2013, 05:19 PM
What about Bama fumbling on the 3 yardline up 42-21 in the final quarter, that was not a a big turning point or help decide the final outcome.

Hook, hook, hook- c'mon man- Bama fumbled at the goal line because a smash mouth hit put the crown of an Aggie defender's helmet right on the ball. Superman would've fumbled that. Are you seriously saying that Bama fumbled rather than A&M forced the fumble?

Typical- you look at everything so lopsided it's a wonder you don't tump over when you try to stand up. Holy cow......

hookandladder
09-16-2013, 06:20 PM
Hook, hook, hook- c'mon man- Bama fumbled at the goal line because a smash mouth hit put the crown of an Aggie defender's helmet right on the ball. Superman would've fumbled that. Are you seriously saying that Bama fumbled rather than A&M forced the fumble?

Typical- you look at everything so lopsided it's a wonder you don't tump over when you try to stand up. Holy cow......

Yes on every good hit you should fumble, get real.