PDA

View Full Version : Thumbs up to the giving folks of Burnet!

Cam
09-11-2013, 02:59 PM
Burnet may be one if not the only school in Texas that gives every graduating senior a scholarship. It means a lot to these kids! Anybody thinking of moving to this area might consider our little town....but you'll have to take me to dinner and wash my car once a week!.....:D

http://www.smalltownnews.com/article.php?aid=100021

refereedoc
09-11-2013, 03:00 PM
:2thumbsup. That is great!

regaleagle
09-11-2013, 03:28 PM
But I didn't see the "Cam Finger Foundation" in the list, lol.

Cam
09-11-2013, 03:42 PM
But I didn't see the "Cam Finger Foundation" in the list, lol.

LOL!.....Nah...I'm too poor!!...I had my chance to hit the big time when I invented the calculator when I was only 6 years old!....but my neighbor, Jerry D. Merryman, stole my idea..well actually, he traded me a brand new Silly Putty for my schematics!...and the rest is history!....that sumbitch!

A bit of calculator history:
The hand-held pocket calculator was invented at Texas Instruments, Incorporated (TI) in 1966 by a development team which included Jerry D. Merryman, James H. Van Tassel and Jack St. Clair Kilby. In 1974 a basic patent for miniature electronic calculators has been issued to Texas Instruments Incorporated. The patent is for personal-sized, battery-operated calculators which have their main electronic circuitry in a single integrated semiconductor circuit array, such as the popular "one-chip" calculators.

Jerry, if you're out there I'm just kiddin'!!.....FYI everybody: Jerry was my boss for several years during my days with Texas Instruments.....so I think it's OK if I call him a sumbitch!!!..........:D