PDA

View Full Version : Fairfield 31, Teague 20

eaglefan
10-11-2003, 11:05 AM
The Fairfield Eagles came away from Teague last night with a hard fought victory. The Teague Lions looked very much like a playoff team and really dominated the game in many facets. Fairfield though, is a very opportunistic team. They returned a punt for a TD for the first score of the game and then capitalized on 2 turnovers deep in Teague territory to build a 21-14 halftime lead. The second half was controlled by the Eagles though. The Fairfield defense held when they had to, and the offense controlled the ball and the clock in putting 10 big points on the board including the game-sealing TD with 2:30 left in the game. The Eagles take sole possession of first place in district 19 but possibly suffer a huge loss as starting RB/LB Kyle Lightsey went down with a knee injury midway through the 3rd quarter. The Eagles wait for word on him on Saturday and we wish him nothing but the best.

marlin fan
10-11-2003, 01:29 PM
Good Job Fairfield and good luck next week!!!!!

eaglefan
10-11-2003, 01:40 PM
Thanks, and congrats to Marlin as well on a big win to open district....I can't say that I expected any less out of a good Marlin squad. Who and where does Marlin play next week?

marlin fan
10-11-2003, 01:42 PM
We play troy @ troy

eaglefan
10-11-2003, 06:55 PM
Troy @ Troy, that one could get really ugly.....just get your 5 or 6 TD's in the 1st half and sit your starters....no point in getting anyone hurt

marlin fan
10-11-2003, 06:56 PM
Last year we beat troy 63-0

marlin fan
10-11-2003, 11:26 PM
Who do yall play this week???

dwhite_eaglesfan
10-12-2003, 05:55 AM
We play Mexia in Fairfield. I hope we have Kyle, whom was taken out by an unexcusable cheap shot to back of the knees.

mwynn05
10-12-2003, 09:56 AM
they were cutting in the open field all game and if im not mistaken thats a flag...they scored a touchdown because of it in the 1st half. i didnt see the hit on kyle so i cant say that was a cheap shotbut it wouldnt surprise me, lets hope his knee is not as bad as they thought during and right after the game friday night

dwhite_eaglesfan
10-12-2003, 08:17 PM
I stand corrected for the cheapshot on Kyle comment. I apologize for that(I still feel the same about the rest of the game). Watching the game film it shows a Teague player threw a
fairfield player into the back of Kyle's knees. Again I apologize for that. Good job Marlin. Glad to see Tank Smith back and healthy.

mwynn05
10-12-2003, 11:15 PM
oh..... well have u heard anything about his knee

<small>[ October 12, 2003, 11:17 PM: Message edited by: mwynn05 ]</small>

dwhite_eaglesfan
10-13-2003, 10:09 AM
They wont know anything for sure untill sometime today. I know there is no swelling,no pain & he can put weight on it,but I heard the knee did have movement side to side. Thats all I really know. I don't know if there going to move Roller it his spot or bring somebody else in there.

mwynn05
10-13-2003, 10:12 AM
well its going to have to be pretty bad and painful to keep kyle off the field

Ranger05
10-13-2003, 08:56 PM
yall must be pretty pathetic if yall can barely beat teague because my cousin plays for teague and he told me that they were horrible so it sounds to me that fairfield is really overrated

mwynn05
10-13-2003, 09:23 PM
ur funny fairfield is not pathetic teague will make the playoffs...plus teague plays there best game of the year against fairfield every year

<small>[ October 13, 2003, 09:24 PM: Message edited by: mwynn05 ]</small>

dwhite_eaglesfan
10-13-2003, 09:42 PM
Pathetic huh? well thats would be a fair discription of the sportsmanship and style of play teague showed. Thats ALL i'm going to say as i'm trying to be nice.

zeke
10-13-2003, 11:28 PM
<small>[ November 10, 2003, 04:54 PM: Message edited by: zeke ]</small>

mwynn05
10-14-2003, 12:11 AM
took tha words right out of my mouth but i wasnt going to say it

eaglefan
10-14-2003, 09:38 AM
hey guys, i'm back....its good to see people talking about Eagle football while i was gone though. Has there been any more word on Lightsey? I am really curious to hear what the final verdict is, hopefully it is where he can return by season's end. I've been thinking about it over the weekend, and I really do not think that there is a more valuable player on that team than him. I don't see them missing him as much on the offensive side of the ball due to huge depth, but on defense is where it will hurt. He was the defensive catalyst and leader of a pretty stout defense. It will be interesting to see how Fairfield reacts to not having a Lightsey in at linebcker for teh first time in 4 years.
Also, what do you guys think about the Fairfield/Mexia game this week. Even after two Mexia losses we all know that it is not a team to lay down, especially against Fairfield. Fairfield will be facing a team of desperation, and when a team is desperate they play with no stops and no remorse. Fairfield/Mexia looks like another dandy.

football_fanatic
10-14-2003, 11:06 AM
Fairfield is pretty darn good. Their defense id the best in 3a I've seen all year... and that includes Forney. Their offense is not great, but good enough to let the defense win the game for them. They should go three rounds deep in my opinion.

dwhite_eaglesfan
10-14-2003, 08:10 PM
News isn't good for eagle fans.From what I've been told Kyle Lightsey is out for seven months due to a serious knee injury. Kyle has cartlidge damage, torn acl,torn mcl,and another ligiment I don't know the name of. Great loss for us,but I'm sure everyone will step up, pull together,pick each other up and continue on.

eaglefan
10-14-2003, 11:21 PM
Boy that is devestating news. Kyle has had a great season and to see it cut short due to something such as this is very unfortunate. A great kid on and off the field, you wish an injury upon nobody, but especially not on someone like him. He will have a long road ahead of him, but you know that he will be back and ready to roll for a stellar senior campaign. For the rest of the Eagles, this is where their depth has really got to come into play. Edrick Willis is really gonna have to step up and become the leader of the defense from his linebacker position, and Jamin Roller has some big shoes to fill and had better be ready because teams will be gunning for him to see what he is made of. Good luck to the Eagles as they battle back from such a loss.

dwhite_eaglesfan
10-15-2003, 07:21 AM
You are so right Kyle is the type of kid that is a role model for adults as well as kids. You cant replace a player like him, you just move someone in the spot and everyone brings it up another level(whether its Jammin Roller or Rodrick Promise) and let Kyle lead from the sidelines. I've talked to several people since Friday night and their already writing this team off. Thats not the case .there's still alot of football to be played and work to be done.

eaglefan
10-15-2003, 09:29 AM
Well you are definitely right, there still is a lot of football left to be played and there is no reason to count Fairfield out at this point, it's way too early to do that. They are one of the deepest teams in the state, and that depth will be tested. Football has 11 people on the field, and there are 10 guys other than Kyle on that defense that helped make up a tough front. The Eagles have two very tough games coming up in Mexia and then at Crockett and they will be very good tests for both the offense and the defense to see how they will hold up without their defensive leader.

Big Meaty #79
10-15-2003, 02:59 PM
eaglefan:
Well you are definitely right, there still is a lot of football left to be played and there is no reason to count Fairfield out at this point, it's way too early to do that. They are one of the deepest teams in the state, and that depth will be tested. Football has 11 people on the field, and there are 10 guys other than Kyle on that defense that helped make up a tough front. The Eagles have two very tough games coming up in Mexia and then at Crockett and they will be very good tests for both the offense and the defense to see how they will hold up without their defensive leader.Yes that is a bad loss to the Fairfield Eagles and u will have to put in another 2nd string player and he better be pretty good in holdin his ground. Crockett has had some battle with the Fairfield Eagles but i think if they don't get no Offense Pergression you might as well chalk up a loss for the FairField Eagles cause the Bulldawgs are going to break that unbeaten record cause the Bulldawgs Defense is pretty good and i think it can shut down anybody's Offense there is in our district and we are going to be ready to make a round in the playoff's. Will Be Ready For Them Eagles At The Dawg Pound :D

dwhite_eaglesfan
10-15-2003, 06:34 PM
Well Big Meaty 79, there you are. We will discuss them bulldogs next week, right now we are concentrating on Mexia. No one's answered my question yet. Has one of Crockett's rb's been injured?

dwhite_eaglesfan
10-15-2003, 06:37 PM
Well Big Meaty 79, there you are. We will discuss them bulldogs next week.Right now we are concentrating on Mexia. No one's answered my question yet. Has one of Crockett's rb's been injured?

dwhite_eaglesfan
10-15-2003, 06:44 PM
Sorry about that. For some reason it posted twiced.

Big Meaty #79
10-15-2003, 10:20 PM
dwhite_eaglesfan:
Sorry about that. For some reason it posted twiced.and u cant even send a message right HA HA !!!!!!! :p

<small>[ October 15, 2003, 10:23 PM: Message edited by: Big Meaty #79 ]</small>

dwhite_eaglesfan
10-16-2003, 07:47 AM
meat why did I know it would be you that said something like that. I'm not even going to respond HAHA!!!!!

eaglefan
10-16-2003, 10:05 AM
Well Big Meaty, I was wondering where you had wandered off too. And I'll agree w/ dwhite, we will discuss Crockett next week. At Fairfield we take things one game at a time and this week is Mexia. Next week is Crockett and we will talk about a very good Bulldog squad when the time comes.....but just a piece of advice for ya, we take games one at a time and will concentrate on Mexia....which is something I suggest Crockett does, or else this week will turn out like Madisonville did for ya.