PDA

View Full Version : USA 2 Mexico 0!!

Matthew328
09-10-2013, 09:38 PM
Usa usa!!

Phil C
09-10-2013, 10:08 PM
Way to go USA! And tonight Honduras tied Panama 2-2 and thus the USA cinches a spot in the World Cup in Brazil next year. This is great news deserving more comments even from all of you who are communists. :)

1st and goal
09-11-2013, 08:01 AM
dos a cero

defense51
09-11-2013, 08:49 AM
Chalk one up for the Red, White, and Blue!:2thumbsup

Txbroadcaster
09-11-2013, 09:34 AM
Mexico dominates play for most of game..and loses 2-0...DOS A Cero Curse has become real!!!

Matthew328
09-11-2013, 10:14 AM
Mexico dominates play for most of game..and loses 2-0...DOS A Cero Curse has become real!!!

I didnt get the impression Mexico dominated the game, I thought they dominated the first 25 minutes but then began to fade.....the 2nd half they were pretty much punchless...Possession stats were 52% Mexico 48% USA....and thats taking into account the last ten minutes or so the US pretty much bunkered...

pancho villa
09-11-2013, 10:20 AM
Who cares it's soccer

hollywood
09-11-2013, 10:22 AM
Good points so far. When possession stats are that close though, it comes down to who can finish their attacks and create shots more effectively. US was by far the more superior team in that catagory. Then it comes down to midfield and defensive play. The US is very strong this year in that area as well. Of course you can't forget about the goalkeeper performance, Tim Howard. Dude had a great night. I think the fans had a little to do with the intensity as well. That place was rockin'! Great atmosphere!

hollywood
09-11-2013, 10:22 AM
Who cares it's soccer

Stay off the thread then pancho.

pancho villa
09-11-2013, 10:33 AM
Stay off the thread then pancho.

Nope I am "EL REY" soccer and standaround is for guys that put fruit in their beer.

Hater
09-11-2013, 10:41 AM
Pancho, if you had to choose between coaching soccer, coaching standaround, and putting a lime in your beer, which would you choose?

Matthew328
09-11-2013, 10:43 AM
Good points so far. When possession stats are that close though, it comes down to who can finish their attacks and create shots more effectively. US was by far the more superior team in that catagory. Then it comes down to midfield and defensive play. The US is very strong this year in that area as well. Of course you can't forget about the goalkeeper performance, Tim Howard. Dude had a great night. I think the fans had a little to do with the intensity as well. That place was rockin'! Great atmosphere!

The country as a whole is embracing the game more, maybe its because we are actually competitive on a global scale now...the crowds get better and better for home games and more and more people I know are at least following the national team....Its hard for me to get into MLS or EPL etc...but when the red ,white and blue uniforms are on and people are waving the flag I can't help but get drawn in....and the more I've followed the more I've learned to enjoy the game...

Phil C
09-11-2013, 10:46 AM
Soccer is becoming more and more popular in the USA. And Quidditch is great too.

hollywood
09-11-2013, 10:50 AM
The country as a whole is embracing the game more, maybe its because we are actually competitive on a global scale now...the crowds get better and better for home games and more and more people I know are at least following the national team....Its hard for me to get into MLS or EPL etc...but when the red ,white and blue uniforms are on and people are waving the flag I can't help but get drawn in....and the more I've followed the more I've learned to enjoy the game...

:clap:

That's what we need! More people like you in the media outlets supporting a great game. It was shunned in the 70's by the sports media when Pele came to the Cosmos. They tried but Football, Baseball, Basketball took over... because that's what they wanted. Now, the USA is that much behind in the support of the game. It's starting to roll now. Like a freight train. The National teams, both USMNT and USWNT are really becoming world powers. The USWNT is #1 in the world. That's mainly due to the fact that the participation and popularity of soccer in the US for girls is greater than any other country in the world by a landslide. Over 51% of youth soccer is comprised of girls. The next closet country is England at around 3%.

hollywood
09-11-2013, 10:55 AM
We're discussing plans to take my U12 girls team to the Women's World Cup in Canada in 2015. They'll be 13 year olds then and that's getting close to prime age for girls soccer. If it happens, we'll try to find a tournament to enter or at least set up some friendlies with Canadian girls teams. The whole experience would be a lifetime of memeories for these girls!

Txbroadcaster
09-11-2013, 11:10 AM
I didnt get the impression Mexico dominated the game, I thought they dominated the first 25 minutes but then began to fade.....the 2nd half they were pretty much punchless...Possession stats were 52% Mexico 48% USA....and thats taking into account the last ten minutes or so the US pretty much bunkered...

you and I will have to disagree..possession is not a telling stat for me..especially when USA gained ground on the possession in last third of game by sitting on alot of play with back passes and switches

your right much of the aggressive play for Mexico was in first 30 mins..but Howard saved the team with 3 big saves...but the fact Mexico at times dominated play in first half is what I am talking about..USA did a great job of holding on and gaining confidence in a midfield that was lacking the normal playmakers..but I still contend with how the game was played it is shocking US got the 2-0 again...not a negative, but a positive comment on how USA is learning to be tougher