PDA

View Full Version : Wimberley at Dripping

rb585
09-10-2013, 07:33 AM
I seriously don't understand why they keep playing us. They have nearly twice our enrollment, so it has to be embarrassing when they lose.

ogg
09-10-2013, 12:59 PM
I seriously don't understand why they keep playing us. They have nearly twice our enrollment, so it has to be embarrassing when they lose.

We were talking about that the other day. How soon till the drip moves to 5A, that will end it.

Tejastrue
09-10-2013, 01:47 PM
Obviously we've been a challenge for them and I think moreso a great pre-district preparation game. Personally I'd hate to see it go away. RR 12 rivalry and all.

rb585
09-10-2013, 02:41 PM
Their enrollment was a little under 1400 in the last go-round, so they have a ways to go before 5A.

And I don't want the series to end, either. But if I'm the Dripping coach, I'm tired of playing a 3A team that regularly beats me, especially when there are multiple craptastic AISD schools nearby that could provide me with an easy 4A win.

Tejastrue
09-10-2013, 06:13 PM
I believe we are 3-5 against them since 2005 and I think for the series we are 9-10. Pretty even. I get what you are saying though with the big enrollment numbers. My concern from last year as well as this year are the actual roster numbers. If Maxpreps is correct they have 60 compared to our 35-37. They can wear us down over 4 qtrs. That is when the injury bug rears his ugly head. That's my main concern. Always nice to get the win but I'll take surviving healthy. Food for thought...two years ago we beat them and they went on to have a deep run in the playoffs. Last year they beat us and did not even make the playoffs.

regaleagle
09-10-2013, 06:40 PM
I'm new to Fred, but went to college in San Marcos and am deeply familiar with this area for many moons. I also believe it's a great RR 12 rivalry-type game to keep alive. The fans and schools are somewhat connected by a history for this region of the state. I say go and beat the snot outta them if you can, lol. But don't be surprised if DS shows up ready to play. :taunt:

LH Panther Mom
09-10-2013, 07:49 PM
Have they ever replaced the visitor stands? Those things were SCARY! They do have really good fish & French fries in concessions, or at least when I was there last. I soooo do not miss having them & LT in our district. Hope you guys win!

rb585
09-10-2013, 09:49 PM
I remember last year being a garbage game because Reed was hurt and we couldn't do anything on offense, and our defense finally broke against their bigger O-line.

And they still do have the fish & fries, which is what I'll be having for dinner Friday -- another reason I like playing them.

Tejastrue
09-11-2013, 09:01 PM
My apologies rb585. According to the most recent DS paper we are 5-4 since 2004 and hold an overall 8-6 edge in the series. We did not play each other from 98-2003. The overall stats I got from a site that shows team records and if I had looked closer I would have seen their error. I recall last year the ESPN Austin radio station ran a promo commercial for that game saying the series was tied at 11. :doh:

ogg
09-11-2013, 09:09 PM
My apologies rb585. According to the most recent DS paper we are 5-4 since 2004 and hold an overall 8-6 edge in the series. We did not play each other from 98-2003. The overall stats I got from a site that shows team records and if I had looked closer I would have seen their error. I recall last year the ESPN Austin radio station ran a promo commercial for that game saying the series was tied at 11. :doh:

Do those sites have us winning in 2006?

Tejastrue
09-11-2013, 09:18 PM
Yes sir.