PDA

View Full Version : Odem @ Ingleside

99IHSMustang
09-09-2013, 02:32 PM
I hope to see some improvement on the offensive side of the ball for Ingleside. Special teams needs some work too.

MUSTANG69
09-09-2013, 03:50 PM
Ingleside's passing game needs a lot of work.

MustangFootball
09-09-2013, 05:44 PM
Ingleside's passing game needs a lot of work.
That's the same things I've been saying after the loss of Skyler and Jordan Stone we don't have anyone to help out Terrance on the receiving side of the offense. This game they need to work on that and find a 2nd and 3rd guy. I wish they would line Jalen up as a receiver when Kyle or Chris are running the ball.

SintonFan_inAustin
09-09-2013, 05:59 PM
Defense still there for Ingleside it seems so the offense has time to get up to speed.

99IHSMustang
09-09-2013, 08:32 PM
That's the same things I've been saying after the loss of Skyler and Jordan Stone we don't have anyone to help out Terrance on the receiving side of the offense. This game they need to work on that and find a 2nd and 3rd guy. I wish they would line Jalen up as a receiver when Kyle or Chris are running the ball.

Jalen is gong to be the 2nd go to receiver. He is a very athletic kid and from talking with his Mom, UTSA is interested in him. They just need to work him in and get him more reps and he will get there. He plays very well on the defensive side of the ball. I was watching him have his way with some of GW's pretty decent sized lineman.

MustangFootball
09-09-2013, 10:20 PM
Jalen is gong to be the 2nd go to receiver. He is a very athletic kid and from talking with his Mom, UTSA is interested in him. They just need to work him in and get him more reps and he will get there. He plays very well on the defensive side of the ball. I was watching him have his way with some of GW's pretty decent sized lineman.

Are u saying they will be lining Jalen up at a WR? If so that would be awesome. The Mustangs need to fix this before district. Yeah UTSA has been looking at a few guys on our team. It's good to see these kids getting noticed.

99IHSMustang
09-09-2013, 10:50 PM
Are u saying they will be lining Jalen up at a WR? If so that would be awesome. The Mustangs need to fix this before district. Yeah UTSA has been looking at a few guys on our team. It's good to see these kids getting noticed.

I apologize for the confusion, I meant to say Trent Selby #7. Him being the 2nd go to receiver is my opinion only, but his mom did say that UTSA was interested in him.

MUSTANG69
09-10-2013, 10:28 AM
I apologize for the confusion, I meant to say Trent Selby #7. Him being the 2nd go to receiver is my opinion only, but his mom did say that UTSA was interested in him.

He will be the 2 nd go to guy. He was the go to guy in the GW guy with Terrance on the sideline. Now, if Tristan Barrajas can get his accuracy back we should be in good shape.

99IHSMustang
09-10-2013, 10:53 AM
He will be the 2 nd go to guy. He was the go to guy in the GW guy with Terrance on the sideline. Now, if Tristan Barrajas can get his accuracy back we should be in good shape.

I agree

MustangFootball
09-10-2013, 11:28 PM
Yeah it would be good to awesome to have Terrance and Trent lined up as wideouts and Jalen and JD or Bobby as slot receivers.
Not sure what's going on with Tristan he seems off this year. Hopefully all this gets cleared up in the next few weeks.

99IHSMustang
09-13-2013, 07:55 AM
Game day. I hope for an injury free game on both sides of the ball. Doe anyone know if Terrance is going to be back in the lineup?

99IHSMustang
09-14-2013, 01:56 AM
Ingleside's passing offense looked much improved tonight, but it was obvious that Odem was overmatched on the defensive side of the ball. They had no speed in the secondary to cover some of the speedy receivers let alone Terrance Robinson. That led to a 34-7 halftime score.

The coach limited much of the passing in the second half, but instead focused on the ground game. Jalen gross is a very hard runner and can break tackles very easily. I was impressed with his ability to hit the gap quickly and find space to run. One of Odem’s players looked to have had a bad injury, but he was able to be assisted off on his feet. I hope that young man is ok. After that, I assume both coaches agreed to have a running clock because it ran from mid-3rd qtr. till the end of the game. The second team got some playing time for much of the 4th qtr., but they were not able to score. I hope this is an indication that the offense is beginning to gel.

The defense gave up very few yards up on the running game, but not so much on the passing. Ingleside has speed in secondary and twice they got burned playing zone coverage and allowed the QB to roll out and throw to a receiver that was slanting down the middle. I think they should play a little more man to man on 3rd down and long when you know they are more than likely going to throw. They didn't play horribly on defense, but there is always room for improvement.

The final score was Ingleside 54 Odem 13.