PDA

View Full Version : LEACh PLEASE!

Neckroll Nation
09-08-2013, 06:21 PM
Only way I would ever thing of cheering for the Horns

bigwood33
09-08-2013, 08:45 PM
If that were to happen, that is the only way I could NEVER cheer for the Horns.

coach
09-08-2013, 08:45 PM
This will never happen. Texas isn't that stupid.

orange machine
09-08-2013, 08:59 PM
This will never happen. Texas isn't that stupid.

Are you sure about that? They are stupid enough to continue to keep a coach and staff that underachieves!

coach
09-08-2013, 10:09 PM
Are you sure about that? They are stupid enough to continue to keep a coach and staff that underachieves!

Of all the great coaches they could go after Leach is way down the line.

carter08
09-08-2013, 10:22 PM
Of all the great coaches they could go after Leach is way down the line.

I thought about listing all the coaches that were better than Leach, but I don't think I can type that much.

I mean...sure, WSU beat USC. Great. Leach's WSU teams are still a combined 4-10 since he took over. His best team @ Tech only went 11-2 despite having Harrell & Crabtree. They got killed by Oklahoma that year because Leach has NO idea how to coach a defense.

(& don't use "but his defense held USC to seven points." USC is down this year. Expect a few more teams to hold them to shockingly low point totals.)

orange machine
09-08-2013, 10:38 PM
Mark Stoops
Hugh Freeze
Art Briles
Mike Gundy
Gary Patterson
Mike Leach
Will Muschamp doubt you could pry him away from Florida.

MustangFootball
09-08-2013, 11:26 PM
If I'm not Mistaken Leach has a better record against OU than Mack Brown.

ogg
09-09-2013, 12:07 AM
I like Charlie Strong

regaleagle
09-09-2013, 02:11 AM
I thought about listing all the coaches that were better than Leach, but I don't think I can type that much.

I mean...sure, WSU beat USC. Great. Leach's WSU teams are still a combined 4-10 since he took over. His best team @ Tech only went 11-2 despite having Harrell & Crabtree. They got killed by Oklahoma that year because Leach has NO idea how to coach a defense.

(& don't use "but his defense held USC to seven points." USC is down this year. Expect a few more teams to hold them to shockingly low point totals.)

Since when has Tech been a national power in football before or after Leach. At least he put TT in front of the national media on gamedays. Never before was TT games broadcast regionally or nationally as many times as during Leach's tenure. And for that he got his walking papers. He's a bit unusual, but that makes him appealing, lol. I kinda looked forward to seeing what the "Mad Scientist" was gonna pull out of hat next, haha. At least his teams played wide open exciting football.

Hater
09-09-2013, 08:06 AM
Chad Morris
Charlie Strong
Kirby Smart
Pat Fitzgerald

caleb_mccaig
09-09-2013, 01:06 PM
Mark Stoops
Hugh Freeze
Art Briles
Mike Gundy
Gary Patterson
Mike Leach
Will Muschamp doubt you could pry him away from Florida.
I couldn't see Briles leaving for Texas. He's build a team that compete for a big 12 title. He's got it made with Baylor and they'll pay more than anyone else in the country.

coach
09-09-2013, 01:14 PM
I couldn't see Briles leaving for Texas. He's build a team that compete for a big 12 title. He's got it made with Baylor and they'll pay more than anyone else in the country.

lol more than anyone. i highly doubt that

caleb_mccaig
09-09-2013, 01:29 PM
They matched what Tech was going to offer him to get him to stay and I believe they have just as deep of pockets as anyone. Whenever you're charging students $45,000 a year I'd say you have some money to blow.

orange machine
09-09-2013, 02:37 PM
They matched what Tech was going to offer him to get him to stay and I believe they have just as deep of pockets as anyone. Whenever you're charging students $45,000 a year I'd say you have some money to blow.

They cannot compete with Texas in money that's just obvious. For one instance look at the new stadium Baylor is building a top seating capacity of 55,000. Texas is talking about adding more seats to their already 100,000 + seat stadium.

caleb_mccaig
09-09-2013, 03:35 PM
They cannot compete with Texas in money that's just obvious. For one instance look at the new stadium Baylor is building a top seating capacity of 55,000. Texas is talking about adding more seats to their already 100,000 + seat stadium.

I guess Texas does have its own network....haha that brings in a pretty big paycheck. Baylor also isn't taking a hit on the price of the stadium. Drayton is paying a big chunk of it and the rest is the tax payers. They could make it 100,000 seats if they wanted but Waco and the school just aren't big enough to fill something like that up. Also I think if Texas offered Briles then Baylor would match it. I don't see them letting the man who brought them back to relevancy leaving to go to a big 12 rival.

orange machine
09-09-2013, 03:52 PM
I guess Texas does have its own network....haha that brings in a pretty big paycheck. Baylor also isn't taking a hit on the price of the stadium. Drayton is paying a big chunk of it and the rest is the tax payers. They could make it 100,000 seats if they wanted but Waco and the school just aren't big enough to fill something like that up. Also I think if Texas offered Briles then Baylor would match it. I don't see them letting the man who brought them back to relevancy leaving to go to a big 12 rival.

I get what your saying, but Texas has a ton more money than Baylor. If Texas wanted Briles and was willing to pay him they could make an offer Baylor couldn't touch. The real question is would Briles leave Baylor for Texas regardless of how much more it paid?

Briles would be ignorant not to go to Texas if they offered. With what he has done in Baylor he could do so much more at Texas!

orange machine
09-09-2013, 04:00 PM
Mack Brown make 5.3 million Art Briles makes 3.5 million.

regaleagle
09-09-2013, 10:17 PM
Mack Brown make 5.3 million Art Briles makes 3.5 million.

In other words, they both make too much. As does Saban and a host of other college AD/Head Coaches, jmo. Upwards to a mil/year is lots of money...regardless of what you do, unless you are an owner of a thriving business. And college football is a thriving business....but the coaches are not owners. They are highly paid sales professionals with an athletic resume.

JJWalker
09-09-2013, 11:18 PM
Mike Leach would never accept a contract with the State of Texas, after that sovereign immunity shafting he took. Hopefully Mack Brown learns the same lesson because I am sure Diaz did too.

Black_Magic
09-10-2013, 09:21 AM
Since when has Tech been a national power in football before or after Leach. At least he put TT in front of the national media on gamedays. Never before was TT games broadcast regionally or nationally as many times as during Leach's tenure. And for that he got his walking papers. He's a bit unusual, but that makes him appealing, lol. I kinda looked forward to seeing what the "Mad Scientist" was gonna pull out of hat next, haha. At least his teams played wide open exciting football.

True Realeagle, Tech was mediocre at best outside a couple of years under Dykes before Leach came and made the program a national power.

I have said it for years. If Texas Had leach with the kids Texas gets, Texas Offense would be #1 in the Nation.

nobogey72
09-10-2013, 09:38 AM
My people tell me that it's all but a done deal that Mack will be replaced by Brad McCoy.