PDA

View Full Version : Yoakum @ Hallettsville

YTBulldogs
09-08-2013, 06:13 PM
Little Lavaca County action here.

Yoe_09
09-08-2013, 07:30 PM
This could very well be the toughest game that Hallettsville has until the playoffs. Hempstead, based on their recent results, seems to be down this year and both Rice & Enda lost quite a bit from a year ago. I think it has the potential to be close, but I would have to give the slight edge to Hallettsville here. I know they lost their big back from a year ago but they do return their starting Qb that went out early last year.

How does Yoakum (2012) compare to Yoakum (2013)?

speedbump
09-08-2013, 07:44 PM
Hallettsville has more offense than Yoakum has defense. Shorthorns by a TD.

YTBulldogs
09-08-2013, 08:15 PM
This could very well be the toughest game that Hallettsville has until the playoffs. Hempstead, based on their recent results, seems to be down this year and both Rice & Enda lost quite a bit from a year ago. I think it has the potential to be close, but I would have to give the slight edge to Hallettsville here. I know they lost their big back from a year ago but they do return their starting Qb that went out early last year.

How does Yoakum (2012) compare to Yoakum (2013)?

Yoakum 2013 has more potential than 2012. D is behind last year's, but 3 secondary guys, 1 LB'er are out too. Once we get healthy (if ever, lost 2 more against Sinton. Makes 5 starters out. Four 2-way starters) we'll be ok. Not sure we can hang with a tough HV team at this point of the year. We'll be competitive still. We get one of the injured (S/WR) back next week against Rice. Two most likely out for year and other 2 filter back when D26 starts. I thought we'd be successful once D26 started, but--with the way we are losing players, I'm starting to have some concern.

Luckily, we have some usable JV'ers we can go pluck from again this week to fill more holes. Might end up without a JV team at this pace.

Weebe
09-08-2013, 09:41 PM
Halletsville by 2 td's.

zebrablue2
09-08-2013, 09:43 PM
Hallettsville has more offense than Yoakum has defense. Shorthorns by a TD.

Maybe the Brahmas by 7??:)

Pudlugger
09-08-2013, 10:17 PM
Man what is it with all these injuries YT? It seems like Yoakum has a very bad case of the injury bug. Even with all that I'll go out on a limb and say Yoakum by 5.

YTBulldogs
09-08-2013, 10:28 PM
Man what is it with all these injuries YT? It seems like Yoakum has a very bad case of the injury bug. Even with all that I'll go out on a limb and say Yoakum by 5.

Hey, that's football Pud. Had our fill of them though. We gotta deal with it, and move on. Game's still being played. We'll be ready.:2thumbsup

3ADL Family. Wife, who has Crohns Disease, and spent over 80 day's in ICU last year from a bowel rupture (fighting infections mainly), will be having surgery tomorrow at Seton in Austin. A tear has been detected in that repaired ruptured section. I ask for your prayers as you did last year, and got us through this. If all goes well, it should be routine, but--with her disease, her tissue's are not like a healthy person's and anything can happen when they approach that section for repair. My family thanks you in advance and GOD bless.

speedbump
09-08-2013, 10:42 PM
Maybe the Brahmas by 7??:)

Boy oh boy !! I've been getting those two towns mixed up for about 55 or 60 years.

Pudlugger
09-08-2013, 10:54 PM
Prayers sent for your wife YT.

iFootball
09-09-2013, 12:03 AM
Another tough loss fo a good Yoakum ball club. It will prepare them for district play that's for sure.

Scoop27
09-10-2013, 10:43 PM
http://lonestarfootball.net/team.asp?T=1579&B=1604&REC=23-28-0&S=

Pudlugger
09-11-2013, 07:35 AM
This could be Yoakum's breakout game. They have been bitten badly by the injury bug. Maybe those Bulldogs will bite back Friday.

YTBulldogs
09-11-2013, 09:15 AM
This could be Yoakum's breakout game. They have been bitten badly by the injury bug. Maybe those Bulldogs will bite back Friday.

I think your right Pud. SOMEONE is about to pay for their built up frustration I believe. 17 point Padilla underdogs.

Yoakum 49
HV 21

maestro
09-11-2013, 09:54 AM
I see Yoakum taking this one

But let me say

Football in Hallettsville was DEAD 4-5 years ago.

Bay City and others need to swallow their pride and go talk to those Hallettsville coaches/parents /kids and see how they changed the entire culture of the athletic program.

duckhunter
09-11-2013, 06:35 PM
I see Yoakum taking this one

But let me say

Football in Hallettsville was DEAD 4-5 years ago.

Bay City and others need to swallow their pride and go talk to those Hallettsville coaches/parents /kids and see how they changed the entire culture of the athletic program.

how did they change it?

Yoe_09
09-14-2013, 11:40 AM
Thoughts on this game? It seems like Yoakum was in it until the end. Up 29-28 with like 2 minutes left before letting Hallettsville score with under a minute and then throwing a INT for a TD.

bd62
09-14-2013, 12:13 PM
Coach Pnecik cleaned up some things by getting rid of
Some coaches causing strife in program.Brought in some good ones
And had several good yrs of good athletics. The game last nite was outstanding
Yoakum scored with 2 minutes to go ahead 28-27 but
Hallettsville scored with 45 seconds left to make it 33-28
The last TD for Hallettsville was a int on last play of game.
5 lead changes in game. Yoakum will be ok if they play lile
Last nite cus Hallettsville is very good.

Dog_e_styl
09-15-2013, 12:30 AM
Five more fumbles. Good grief. More concerning, if we don't make changes now in that secondary we'll do worse than my predicted 1-4 non-district record. I agree, it was a brutal ND schedule (especially short handed the way we have been) and not some creme puff 4A schools. With every loss, you lose kid's mentally. Get's harder to have them buy in, and work for ya. This week, players coming back from injury, hopefully a couple changes in that secondary are made? It's a must win. Yes, it's still non-district, but the kid's need that positive feeling in their minds from a win. If not, could linger into our district performance. Kid's don't realize, we could of easily won all three games even with 5 or more starters out. It's all about that feeling they endure after defeats. Losing get's easier to take after a while, and they stop giving it their all, in effort.

Plus, what better way to right things, clear their negative thoughts, than winning Homecoming. Go Dogs.

Weebe
09-15-2013, 12:45 AM
This board has convinced me that Yoakum is the best 0-3 team in the state.

YTBulldogs
09-15-2013, 08:47 AM
This board has convinced me that Yoakum is the best 0-3 team in the state.

Don't know the best, but--dern sure not the worse.;) Wish we had ya'lls numbers/depth, that's for sure.:D

Dog, you did pick them to go 1-4 after Bellville scrimmage. Can't argue your "must win" statement for this week. But, I don't see any negative thoughts around the team. Yet. I too am concerned with all the loose pigskins on the turf.

Scoop27
09-15-2013, 07:09 PM
The Brahmas are as tough as they were last year-but the Bulldogs will give them a close game

SintonFan_inAustin
09-15-2013, 07:16 PM
The Brahmas are as tough as they were last year-but the Bulldogs will give them a close game

I think your right scoop it might even be Yoakum up by one very late in the game before Brahmas pull out a win :doh:

SintonFan_inAustin
09-15-2013, 07:18 PM
Don't know the best, but--dern sure not the worse.;) Wish we had ya'lls numbers/depth, that's for sure.:D

Dog, you did pick them to go 1-4 after Bellville scrimmage. Can't argue your "must win" statement for this week. But, I don't see any negative thoughts around the team. Yet. I too am concerned with all the loose pigskins on the turf.

y'all did good against Sinton, no fumbles. Not sure if that's a bad thing for us because the other teams were able to force fumbles and we didn't.

YTBulldogs
09-15-2013, 09:02 PM
y'all did good against Sinton, no fumbles. Not sure if that's a bad thing for us because the other teams were able to force fumbles and we didn't.

3/4 of our fumbles was us just fumbling it on exchanges. Not forced. I can handle forced TO's. But, not us shooting ourselves in the foot by poor ball handling. Need to slow down things a tad, focus at task ahead, and then execute the play IMO. Our own worse enemy lately, has been ourselves. We are hard to stop, when we lineup, man on man, and then run the play in a calm, controlled manner.

Scoop27
09-15-2013, 10:14 PM
Brahmas should win easy over Boling on Friday. The Bulldogs are coming off a 14-0 win over Needville