PDA

View Full Version : NFL Week One Thoughts

carter08
09-08-2013, 05:21 PM
Post some NFL Week 1 thoughts here:

I'm sort-of shocked by how bad the Jags looked today. Sure, Gabbert is not a good QB, but I expected him to make a small-leap toward mediocrity, at least. MJD struggled too. It's going to be a long year for Jacksonville.

Good debuts for Geno Smith (is there any way that the Jets decide to stick Sanchez back in there?) & EJ Manuel. Manuel didn't put up the best numbers, but he avoided interceptions.

Terrelle Pryor needs to make a few less bad decisions, but he looks like someone that might be able to hold on to his job.

Steelers looking as meh as I thought they would.

Saggy Aggie
09-08-2013, 06:52 PM
I think it has a lot more to do with KC being drastically improved. Jax does suck big time, but I don't think any worse than last year. KC is the 2nd best team in that division now that they don't have a turnover machine at QB.

Bux spent way too much money to still suck, but they do.

Expected more from Seattle and Atlanta. New Orleans D is already improved so much from last year it's crazy.

Browns suck and Big Ben needs help around him. His skill players suck and so does his o line. He's literally all they have

carter08
09-08-2013, 10:14 PM
Yeah, Jacksonville is essentially the same team, though they added Joeckel. Not that it helped-- Gabbert was sacked six times. I think they might somehow be worse this year, even though all they really lost was Laurent Robinson.

Seattle surprised me. I expected a lot more from that offense.

Browns do suck. I had the pleasure of getting the Dolphins/ Browns game on the big screen at B-Dubs earlier (since Cleveland is only an hour & a half away). Terrible.