PDA

View Full Version : Liberty HIll vs. Smithville - who ya got?

panfan
09-08-2013, 02:37 PM
Well, being a homer, I will go with LH on this one (go figure). Although I will say that Smithville will have some big ol boys who are strong and can bring it. I think our offense is coming together, a bit slow, but coming together. Linemen, who are almost all juniors are starting to get it figured out. Defense is solid right now, only giving up two TDs in the last two games. Smithville will be tough and we have to play them there, but I think LH will take this one by a touchdown. Let's hear it.

hookandladder
09-08-2013, 02:47 PM
If game is in Smithville it will be decent game for a while, LH by 4 Td's.

LHexPlayer
09-08-2013, 02:49 PM
I see Smithville is 0-2. Lost both games big. I think LH continues to improve and beats Smithville by 21 points. I'll go 28-7. I know nothing about Smithville though, this is just my homer prediction.

hookandladder
09-08-2013, 04:35 PM
Smithville has one player, the QB. Stop him and game over , two teams have done that so Smithville is 0-2.

defense51
09-08-2013, 05:44 PM
LH by three td's

Pudlugger
09-08-2013, 05:56 PM
LH by three td's

agree LH by 21

rb585
09-08-2013, 08:39 PM
You don't have to be a homer to pick LH in this one.

YTBulldogs
09-08-2013, 09:16 PM
Bring your First Aid kit for this field. :helpme: And, do like we did last year for our 2nd half option. Coach took the lower crossbar (about 1' difference) on the north goal post, for our direction in the 4th quarter. Usually you consider the wind direction. Not here.:dispntd:

Good luck.

ogg
09-08-2013, 11:09 PM
The Hill's bench will play the 2nd half.

iFootball
09-09-2013, 12:04 AM
Agree with the majority, LH by 21

regaleagle
09-09-2013, 02:17 AM
Methinks LH is ready to win a game in their new digs.

panfan
09-09-2013, 06:41 AM
Methinks LH is ready to win a game in their new digs.
Me thinks so too, but will have to wait til next week when we get to play there again.

LHPfactory
09-09-2013, 01:17 PM
LH should win easily, especially if its only the QB that needs to be stopped.
If this is true, the LH-D will shut out the Tigers. This will allow the O plenty of reps to work out the kinks....

buff4ever
09-09-2013, 01:28 PM
LH in comfortable fashion.

LHdog
09-09-2013, 02:03 PM
I'm not onboard with the Panthers just yet. They lost to an average Giddings team and beat a weak Hondo team. If the Tigers have some size in the DL and put eight in the box, they can stay with the Panthers. Liberty Hill can't throw at all so if I were the Smithville coach, I would stack the line and make them throw it.

hookandladder
09-09-2013, 02:11 PM
I'm not onboard with the Panthers just yet. They lost to an average Giddings team and beat a weak Hondo team. If the Tigers have some size in the DL and put eight in the box, they can stay with the Panthers. Liberty Hill can't throw at all so if I were the Smithville coach, I would stack the line and make them throw it.

I thought Lampasas runs the slot t or the same type of offense as LH , if so and Smithville could not stop Lampasas they sure the hell not going to stop LH.

Cam
09-09-2013, 03:00 PM
I'm goin' with the Barney Purples on this one!....but only cause panfan is my friend!.....:D

Bassact
09-09-2013, 03:46 PM

LOL - every team LH has played for the last 12 years has done that - 8 out of 10 times LH still wins.

Trashman
09-09-2013, 04:22 PM
Liberty Hill

LHdog
09-09-2013, 06:31 PM
One thing LH lacks this year that they have had in years past is speed. They just can't turn the corner nor do they have a pitch man who can take it to the house. The old LH slot-T ain't what it used to be.

solocam
09-09-2013, 09:13 PM
One thing LH lacks this year that they have had in years past is speed. They just can't turn the corner nor do they have a pitch man who can take it to the house. The old LH slot-T ain't what it used to be.

panthers by 28

panfan
09-09-2013, 09:49 PM
There is more speed there than you know. Lindsey is very quick and fast. He has to figure out to turn it on around the corner instead of stutter stepping behind his blockers. He finally showed it against Hondo and took it 30 + yards to the house. Barnes is another who is really fast. Fromme - same thing fast just tends to stutter step behind blockers. Give them some time to figure it out. They are finding their way, so be patient.

panfan
09-09-2013, 09:57 PM
Vote of confidence right there. That's OK. :taunt: You and g-dawg still coming for the pre game beverage before Dawgs face the panthers? Just want to know so I can make sure the server knows who gets the purple beers. Don't want to miss the opportunity to help yall out with your color choices before the game. With Friends like me - who needs enemies, Right???

hollywood
09-09-2013, 10:14 PM
Uh. LH will roll

LH Panther Mom
09-11-2013, 04:52 AM
I had to miss last year's game because we were in Dallas for LSC Festival watching Brandon play. I did hear plenty about some of the stuff that went on & I hope those things aren't an issue this year. Panthers win.

hookandladder
09-11-2013, 06:04 AM
I had to miss last year's game because we were in Dallas for LSC Festival watching Brandon play. I did hear plenty about some of the stuff that went on & I hope those things aren't an issue this year. Panthers win.

Tell your players to protect their jewels , crazy stuff.

duckhunter
09-11-2013, 06:33 PM
LH wins by 35+. Smithville should be happy LH runs the ball so much. that way the clock will run down. Besides the Tigers QB Maccathern gaining yards on broken plays, their offense is terrible. Their defense is even worse. Going to be a long season in SMithville.

greendawg84
09-12-2013, 10:14 AM
Vote of confidence right there. That's OK. :taunt: You and g-dawg still coming for the pre game beverage before Dawgs face the panthers? Just want to know so I can make sure the server knows who gets the purple beers. Don't want to miss the opportunity to help yall out with your color choices before the game. With Friends like me - who needs enemies, Right???

I am in on the pre game beverages , dont worry about the color just make it cold and on your tab ! :wave:

The Barney's roll by 21

YTBulldogs
09-12-2013, 11:37 AM
Has LH had the privilege to play at Barry Gravel Pit before? :doh:

Turin
09-12-2013, 12:48 PM

Not that I am aware. I have never been to Barry field and it looks like parking and seating is very limited.

YTBulldogs
09-12-2013, 01:38 PM
Not that I am aware. I have never been to Barry field and it looks like parking and seating is very limited.

Let me know what you think after the game Turin of the field. Wondering if the north goal post's, crossbar is still a foot shorter than the south one too. Watch that SE endzone, the back corner pylon is placed on the track.

Also, be warned on punts. When punt's go over the lights, you lose sight till it comes back below the lights.

LHexPlayer
09-12-2013, 04:11 PM

I think it was about 2002 or so the last time we went there.

LH Panther Mom
09-12-2013, 06:34 PM
I think it was about 2002 or so the last time we went there.2002 is right.

panfan
09-12-2013, 07:26 PM
2002 is right.

Sitiin in airport, DIA
Watchin raiders and frogs play
But trying toget home to the hill
To watch LH beat smithville
Hope the pilot knows the way

LHexPlayer
09-14-2013, 10:54 AM
The Panthers are getting better. The QB has improved a lot over the last two weeks. Offense is more smooth. The best we have had in a few years.

panfan
09-14-2013, 12:09 PM
The Panthers are getting better. The QB has improved a lot over the last two weeks. Offense is more smooth. The best we have had in a few years.

Yes, but still too many penalties. Against good teams that don't make mistakes (aka wimberely), those penalties will kill us. But that is what these pre district games are for, to work out the kinks. I think they are progressing nicely. True test will come in the next two games. Both Rockdale and Wimberley will be solid this year.