PDA

View Full Version : Wimberley Texans- thoughts so far, 2 games in?

jackofalltrades
09-08-2013, 01:09 PM
curious as to what others are thinking about this year's Wimberley Texans team. best grade i can give so far is to the defensive line, with the linebackers running a close second. i think the corners and safety will improve on a weekly basis as there is a lot of talent there but i can think of 2 plays in particular that they got burnt good. offensive line so far gets the worst grade and i think that is having a ripple effect on QB and the running game. lot of good hands at WR. would like to see the QB move through his progressions a little more, or at least look the defense off, rather than focusing solely on where he is going to throw the ball. your thoughts?

LHdog
09-08-2013, 01:52 PM
The Texans have beaten two weak teams, Llano and Giddings, neither will make the playoffs. The will certainly beat Liberty Hill, another weak team destined to stay home in November as well. IN other words, they have not been tested by a playoff caliber team as yet. Too early to tell how good they are.

panfan
09-08-2013, 02:41 PM
The Texans have beaten two weak teams, Llano and Giddings, neither will make the playoffs. The will certainly beat Liberty Hill, another weak team destined to stay home in November as well. IN other words, they have not been tested by a playoff caliber team as yet. Too early to tell how good they are.

You underestimate LH right now. That's OK. By the time LH and Wimberley meet, it will be as always a slobber knocker.

ogg
09-08-2013, 04:02 PM
curious as to what others are thinking about this year's Wimberley Texans team. best grade i can give so far is to the defensive line, with the linebackers running a close second. i think the corners and safety will improve on a weekly basis as there is a lot of talent there but i can think of 2 plays in particular that they got burnt good. offensive line so far gets the worst grade and i think that is having a ripple effect on QB and the running game. lot of good hands at WR. would like to see the QB move through his progressions a little more, or at least look the defense off, rather than focusing solely on where he is going to throw the ball. your thoughts?

The Texans should win district, have a good chance to play for Region IV, , , , but it's still early, who knows.

Gone Fishing
09-11-2013, 08:56 PM
I 've been out of pocket plus wanted to think about this a little...lol.. Frankly WT's havent played anybody very good..You will see that after this week when Bellville totally beats the crap out of Giddings and I think Bandera might beat Llano. Wimberley has had two easy pick six TD's in both games and that alone would have made a hugh difference, and what about the punt that should have been blocked and it went to the 1" line at Giddings.? (although D wins Championships etc etc. ) Our D has played good, but we are very small in some areas and then the QB has a problem handling the ball, getting sacked or throwing INT's (just like last year when they gave him a shot over Jones, he just could not handle the ball ) He is very athletic, but at this point does'nt have the "it" factor, IMO. Our DB's are not very good, period. O line got better this past week... They have to get way better. Running game very good despite a average at best O-line. D - line very good all the way across. (thank goodness!) I said my piece I hope they keep winning, the schedule is in our favor. I think DS will beat us. ( Played hard against a 5 A school and lost to a very good 4A school. ) Hope I'm wrong. It would be a very big win if we can pull it off.....

Tejastrue
09-11-2013, 09:33 PM
As much as I want to debate a few of your comments I shall show restraint. It's non-productive.

Manso/V8
09-11-2013, 10:12 PM
GF- I don't know much about the WT's this year, but you seem a bit critical.........no team is all that good at this pont, and if they are, I would say they are peaking too early.

bulldog82
09-12-2013, 08:41 AM
I 've been out of pocket plus wanted to think about this a little...lol.. Frankly WT's havent played anybody very good..You will see that after this week when Bellville totally beats the crap out of Giddings and I think Bandera might beat Llano. Wimberley has had two easy pick six TD's in both games and that alone would have made a hugh difference, and what about the punt that should have been blocked and it went to the 1" line at Giddings.? (although D wins Championships etc etc. ) Our D has played good, but we are very small in some areas and then the QB has a problem handling the ball, getting sacked or throwing INT's (just like last year when they gave him a shot over Jones, he just could not handle the ball ) He is very athletic, but at this point does'nt have the "it" factor, IMO. Our DB's are not very good, period. O line got better this past week... They have to get way better. Running game very good despite a average at best O-line. D - line very good all the way across. (thank goodness!) I said my piece I hope they keep winning, the schedule is in our favor. I think DS will beat us. ( Played hard against a 5 A school and lost to a very good 4A school. ) Hope I'm wrong. It would be a very big win if we can pull it off.....

Bandera is picked by 9, i'm sure it will be more than that. Rabb is out and was out vs bangs, but anything can happen. we lost our #1 on first play of game vs GW, torn acl

Gone Fishing
09-12-2013, 09:48 AM
As much as I want to debate a few of your comments I shall show restraint. It's non-productive.

No debate needed Tejas. Post said " thoughts two weeks in" those are just mine. By no means do I think we won't improve each week. I gave credit were due and my opinion where we must improve. The Drip game scares me though. Hope I'm wrong.

Gone Fishing
09-12-2013, 09:50 AM
Bandera is picked by 9, i'm sure it will be more than that. Rabb is out and was out vs bangs, but anything can happen. we lost our #1 on first play of game vs GW, torn acl

Sorry to hear about your #1 being out... I did'nt know Rabb was out either. Good luck to ya'll.

Tejastrue
09-12-2013, 01:13 PM
Emergency appendectomy

http://llanocj.com/news_article.php?...rticle_id=5372 (http://llanocj.com/news_article.php?category_id=3&article_id=5372)

http://www.dailytrib.com/2013/09/12/llano-football-coach-looks-for-monster-effort-against-bandera/

Johnny Utah
09-12-2013, 04:56 PM
Emergency appendectomy

http://llanocj.com/news_article.php?...rticle_id=5372 (http://llanocj.com/news_article.php?category_id=3&article_id=5372)

http://www.dailytrib.com/2013/09/12/llano-football-coach-looks-for-monster-effort-against-bandera/

I watched them vs. Giddings. The two running backs Wimberley has are good, both run very hard and are tough. McDorman is a very good receiver at least in that game. Not real big, not real fast blazing speed for the overall team on either side of the ball just well coached, and sound in what they do. I am sure they will get better as well Giddings and LH and Llano. WAY TOO EARLY to talk about the playoffs. Wimberley has tradition and that counts for sure. Their QB looks very athletic and if he gets some more reps throwing the ball, being a dual threat then look out.

Tejastrue
09-12-2013, 11:06 PM
Agree.. he's obviously still learning but I think our QB is going to be pretty darn good.

Snotbubbles
09-13-2013, 08:38 AM

Good eval. I sure thought Giddings would give Wim a game. Couldn't wait to see this one. Giddings did not impress me. Didn't see all that speed I heard they had. Buff's I agree will get dropped kicked by Bellville tonight too. As I have mentioned, this Wim team is nothing like the prior teams. Really not close to what we are use to seeing in a Texan uni. Yes, 2-0 but--as you pointed out, they have not played anyone. WT should be undefeated going into their first real competition, as they open up district in Bandera, on Oct 11th. I think this Bandera game will be for the D27 championship. Coach Sine has restored some excitement back in Bandera. Odd thing, should Wim win this, they will go 10-0 and I still don't think this is a very good team. 10-0 and I say this. I'm just so use to seeing an unstoppable offense, killing you with screens all over the field. Then, dropping bombs on ya as you try to sneak up and stop those or some runs. CC just isn't the field commander at the helm (at this point) of those there in the past IMO. I like to see them get GE the rock more, so the defenders eye's are not totally focused on West. I think WL is the real deal, but--you have to reduce too many eyes on him at the snap. I can't really eval the WR's, cause of the QB play. Brock appears to be a stud. Like to see them get him the rock more. WT screens is nothing of the screens we've seen in the past. The entire unit of a screen isn't there. QB (making a good sale of being in trouble in pocket, then dropping it off after he allowed the defenders in. He's dumping it off to receiver way too soon) and the line just isn't getting in position for the run after the catch, too lead this play downfield. Texans in the past, ran the best screens I ever seen. Currently, nothing close to their norm on this crucial play, in the Texans arsenal.

Yes, even after this eval, I see them going 10-0 or 9-1. But, their run in the playoffs will be short-lived IMO. The players, team chemistry just don't appear as the WT teams of the past, when you watch them. Nor should it be, those were some mighty great teams we enjoy in the past. And, you can't always field diamonds like that each year. Not a slam at all here on the Texans. I'm just spoiled from them cause of the dominating teams of the past few years. Unlike the past, now---when they play, I don't know the outcome prior or know if those screens will be flawlessly executed to Texans standards. I still have visions of how those single handed killed a undefeated (I think) Gonzales team, in NB I believe, a couple years back.

ogg
09-13-2013, 10:10 AM
Good eval. I sure thought Giddings would give Wim a game. Couldn't wait to see this one. Giddings did not impress me. Didn't see all that speed I heard they had. Buff's I agree will get dropped kicked by Bellville tonight too. As I have mentioned, this Wim team is nothing like the prior teams. Really not close to what we are use to seeing in a Texan uni. Yes, 2-0 but--as you pointed out, they have not played anyone. WT should be undefeated going into their first real competition, as they open up district in Bandera, on Oct 11th. I think this Bandera game will be for the D27 championship. Coach Sine has restored some excitement back in Bandera. Odd thing, should Wim win this, they will go 10-0 and I still don't think this is a very good team. 10-0 and I say this. I'm just so use to seeing an unstoppable offense, killing you with screens all over the field. Then, dropping bombs on ya as you try to sneak up and stop those or some runs. CC just isn't the field commander at the helm (at this point) of those there in the past IMO. I like to see them get GE the rock more, so the defenders eye's are not totally focused on West. I think WL is the real deal, but--you have to reduce too many eyes on him at the snap. I can't really eval the WR's, cause of the QB play. Brock appears to be a stud. Like to see them get him the rock more. WT screens is nothing of the screens we've seen in the past. The entire unit of a screen isn't there. QB (making a good sale of being in trouble in pocket, then dropping it off after he allowed the defenders in. He's dumping it off to receiver way too soon) and the line just isn't getting in position for the run after the catch, too lead this play downfield. Texans in the past, ran the best screens I ever seen. Currently, nothing close to their norm on this crucial play, in the Texans arsenal.

Yes, even after this eval, I see them going 10-0 or 9-1. But, their run in the playoffs will be short-lived IMO. The players, team chemistry just don't appear as the WT teams of the past, when you watch them. Nor should it be, those were some mighty great teams we enjoy in the past. And, you can't always field diamonds like that each year. Not a slam at all here on the Texans. I'm just spoiled from them cause of the dominating teams of the past few years. Unlike the past, now---when they play, I don't know the outcome prior or know if those screens will be flawlessly executed to Texans standards. I still have visions of how those single handed killed a undefeated (I think) Gonzales team, in NB I believe, a couple years back.

OK now, that’s a stupid lost in space post (the whole thing). One only needs to read your last sentence to see that. There was a whole lot more that beat Gonzales than screens in that playoff game. Gonzales was beat on offense, defense, and special teams, , , , ,if you were there you should know that. WT currently have a very good team and getting better each week.
What 3a team do you follow?

Tejastrue
09-13-2013, 11:14 AM
He was a SA Sam Houston guy for a while. I guess he feels compelled to point out we are not as good as the past SC teams. Well, no s**t Sherlock. lol

Snotbubbles
09-13-2013, 11:43 AM
Good grief. I was remarking on a question asked, and the homies jump ya. Don't wanna know an outsiders take, don't ask the freaking questions. Sorry, your not as good as your record will indicate. Keep your blinders on. Nothing wrong with being homers, but--don't ask questions than shoot the guy who gives his take.

Ogg, don't gloat too much in who you've beaten, and think you don't have issues. You have not played anyone yet, and really not sure you will till playoffs. Bandera could be a hiccup, and maybe Navarro. But, looking at their wins, and who they beat, not impressed with them either. D27 pretty weak this year.

Tejastrue
09-13-2013, 03:25 PM
LOL SB. You got to know if you're gonna talk about a team you should expect some homer banter replies. It's not like we all got together in the executive office and agreed to post this thread. Way too early in the season.

Snotbubbles
09-13-2013, 03:48 PM
LOL SB. You got to know if you're gonna talk about a team you should expect some homer banter replies. It's not like we all got together in the executive office and agreed to post this thread. Way too early in the season.

It's all good Tejas. I was just given my observation (answering the thread question) of the two times I seen Wim. I have not seen improvement from the Floresville scrimmage, to the Giddings game from the QB. That's why I said (yet) in regards to his play and the production of WT offense. The OL is also lacking IMO. I just don't see the quality of players filtered amongst this team, as those in the past few years. You know, the elite stud's. They don't come around yearly, we all know that. Wasn't slamming current kids. Just the way it is. They are playing hard, but--it's just not happening. YET!!!!!

regaleagle
09-13-2013, 04:23 PM
Okay, y'all have talked about the WT observations enough. Now let's hear about TONITE'S game with DS. What does the Springs have and who have they played? What offense do they run? How does WT matchup defensively. Does DS have a stellar defense? What kind of scoring can we expect to see in this matchup? Will a WT win mean much against this year's DS team? These are questions I hope some of you WT fans have educated opinions about that I'd like to hear.

Gone Fishing
09-13-2013, 05:42 PM
LOL, some said I was critical... I see alot of what SB saw and he's an outsider and I'm a WT Fan! It is what it is. We were special in two Championships but really we were special the year before and the year after those, so I guess I'm saying we have been special for 6 years out of 7 or 8.

On the Drip game to night, it scares me. We have played two below average teams and Drip is 4A and played a good 5A San marcos team tough and a very good 4A Boerne Champion team tough. so, LOL, if I was in Vegas, I would say this is a "sucker" game.

For you Regal - Drip chunks it and as I have posted before Our secondary is , well , getting better.. Heard different players might be playing tonight.

One more note, Our starting right tackle last year who was only a soph has moved back from Co. and will be able to play in a week or so and that will really help our O - line..

jackofalltrades
09-14-2013, 12:14 AM
LOL, some said I was critical... I see alot of what SB saw and he's an outsider and I'm a WT Fan! It is what it is. We were special in two Championships but really we were special the year before and the year after those, so I guess I'm saying we have been special for 6 years out of 7 or 8.

On the Drip game to night, it scares me. We have played two below average teams and Drip is 4A and played a good 5A San marcos team tough and a very good 4A Boerne Champion team tough. so, LOL, if I was in Vegas, I would say this is a "sucker" game.

For you Regal - Drip chunks it and as I have posted before Our secondary is , well , getting better.. Heard different players might be playing tonight.

One more note, Our starting right tackle last year who was only a soph has moved back from Co. and will be able to play in a week or so and that will really help our O - line..

well curious to hear comments after that game. i think that game revealed a lot and most of what it revealed is not good. i could really go off on some specific things but i am so disappointed i think i will hold off.

snaxet
09-14-2013, 01:47 AM
"game revealed a lot .... and not good." "Disappointed" Wow!! Now I am sure we were watching the same game but come on give those kids the respect they are due. They played their hearts out, down 21-7 start of second quarter, and then to have Lambert go down early in second, defensive back go down, receiver to be ejected and to see us continue to battle through the game - take the lead in the third and then battle all the way to the end was exciting to see. When Drip went up 41 to 30, they could have thrown in the towel, but they were within 2 yards of getting the win on the last play. Unfortunately, Colton did not understand that he was to spike it and I am not sure if he was trying to throw it out of bounds or what. You know it was interesting to see that Bellville pulled a 14-0 win over Giddings (not as dominate as some thought it would be), Llano upsets Bandera without Rabb, and while we lost tonight I saw a lot of fight, a lot of effort, in the face of tremendous adversity with all of the key injuries that took out a number of key players. Why does everyone want to compare this team to prior State Championship teams, that is not fair to these players who in my humble opinion have shown that they have the same desire and drive and are improving each week. Can you imagine the benefit of knowing that we played Drip toe to toe without Lambert, Cole Larson, Gonzales, Bell, Goebel, and you can throw in Will Blackburn who will be back in a couple of weeks. We could not stop the deep throw, and I am sure that we will have to continue to work on that. Defensively Drip did not run on us until we lost our Defensive end in the third quarter. When Lambert went out coaches did a good job of making the adjustments and while we struggled inside the red zone our offense showed a lot of improvement from last week. Colton played much better and made some good throws and began to run the ball better by the 4th quarter. I thought our kids played with passion and intensity, and yes, we do have the makings of a very good team. I am disappointed in the loss, but not the effort; I am disappointed in some of the personal fouls, but not the effort; I am disappointed in the injuries, but those who stepped in gave everything they had; I am disappointed in the last play, but it should not define the game; and I am disappointed in those who continue to compare this team with our past State Championship teams. Those state teams were special, and few schools have experienced what Wimberley has. But don't be disappointed in what you saw tonight. This game revealed that we have a very good chance to go deep into the playoff, and is evident when coupled with both the Llano victory over Bandera which proved that Llano is better than what some of you thought, and the 14-0 Bellville victory over Giddings. Texans should be proud of what they saw tonight and several around me said it best - "this game felt like a playoff game and goes down as one of Wimberley's great games. Bottom line is that the kids left everything out on the field and that is all you ask for at the end of the game - win or lose.

regaleagle
09-14-2013, 02:24 AM
From what I saw on FoxSportsSW it looked to be a very exciting see-saw game with an exciting finish that could well have ended with a WT win. And with all the injuries and without Lambert in there, I'd call that a worthwhile game against Dripping Springs tonite. Evidently, they ain't no slouches, neither.

snaxet
09-14-2013, 02:54 AM
Regaleagle, you are so right - it was a worthwhile game. Fun but intense game to watch. Stats show our offense is making progress - 572 yards total; 226 rushing, 346 passing (30 for 54) Held Drip to 109 yards rushing and a lot of that came in 4th after some key injuries; pass defense, however, gave up 301 yards which is our Achilles heal at this point. Other key stat that stands out is Drip ran 52 plays to Wimberley's 85 plays. That means we were moving the ball, and it showed with 26 first downs to 13 for Drip. Unfortunately, we gave up some big plays several on third and long and threw a pick six early which put us in the hole. We never punted and were in scoring position on nearly every possession, we did struggle in the red zone, and need to finish drives. I am sure that the coaches will make that a focal point this week.

Tejastrue
09-14-2013, 11:19 AM
Appreciate the comments Snaxet. How anyone could not see the positives from this game is beyond me. As I stated earlier the injuriy bug would be my major concern. Hope all will be okay.

YTBulldogs
09-14-2013, 11:37 AM
Appreciate the comments Snaxet. How anyone could not see the positives from this game is beyond me. As I stated earlier the injuriy bug would be my major concern. Hope all will be okay.

I hear ya Tt. We had 7 out this past Friday. Kid's played very well still against a salty Hallettsville club. We've actually had a chance to win all three of our loses in our current situation. Killer being this small, quality depth. We get 3 back from injury (one been out all year) this coming week. Thank goodness. The rest will filter in it appears once district starts, and the finally (one of our best players) returns our first playoff game. Positive thinking, huh? We will be ok once we get into district and full strength. One good thing playing these kids while the starters are out, experience and reps for district that starts in 3 weeks.

Good luck to ya'll. And, I too hope your injured Texans return quickly.

jackofalltrades
09-14-2013, 03:12 PM

when larsen and lambert went out it became even more obvious just how few plays cerday is able to execute. he is unable to throw down the seam, mcdorman was open repeatedly. when cerday needs to throw a bullet he lofts it, when he needs to throw it soft he throws a bullet. his long passes hang in the air so long the defense has all day to adjust. many passes were horribly underthrown. should have been picked off at least 3 more times. yes the team played a full game and fought until the end, that is to be expected. the injuries in this game will certainly add to the problems the team already was trying to overcome. that last play of the game was atrocious. it all adds up to being a really one dimensional team with a lot of issues and leaves the coaches with very limited opportunities.

Tejastrue
09-14-2013, 04:01 PM
Take a step back jack and breathe...when you lose your star RB for the entire half it will limit the options no matter what QB is in. I thought our backup RB did a great job. You do realize that in any given game there are going to be near misses on interceptions as well as receptions..tipped passes etc...One thing I'm not going to do is chastise our QB when it was IMO a gritty performance on his part. And how about Mireles..what a hell of a game for that young man at WR.. and then there was Madrid. I can't explain the last play but the efforts of our QB helped get us to that point. Hopefully the whole team will grow from this game. They are moving the secondary people around trying to find the right mix. Missed coverages are going to happen. Hopefully we'll have the right formula come district and the playoffs but that is what these games are for. I will say no more here about this so feel to continue the bashing.

Tejastrue
09-14-2013, 04:02 PM
I hear ya Tt. We had 7 out this past Friday. Kid's played very well still against a salty Hallettsville club. We've actually had a chance to win all three of our loses in our current situation. Killer being this small, quality depth. We get 3 back from injury (one been out all year) this coming week. Thank goodness. The rest will filter in it appears once district starts, and the finally (one of our best players) returns our first playoff game. Positive thinking, huh? We will be ok once we get into district and full strength. One good thing playing these kids while the starters are out, experience and reps for district that starts in 3 weeks.

Good luck to ya'll. And, I too hope your injured Texans return quickly.

Thanks YT. Wish the same for you guys!!

LHdog
09-14-2013, 05:24 PM
We found out that the Texans are not world beaters and have to execute consistently in order to win. They got beat by a mediocre 4a team but so did Burnet.

Tejastrue
09-14-2013, 07:24 PM
LOL!! You really don't support any team do you? Typical bandwagon fan.

jackofalltrades
09-14-2013, 07:26 PM
Take a step back jack and breathe...when you lose your star RB for the entire half it will limit the options no matter what QB is in. I thought our backup RB did a great job. You do realize that in any given game there are going to be near misses on interceptions as well as receptions..tipped passes etc...One thing I'm not going to do is chastise our QB when it was IMO a gritty performance on his part. And how about Mireles..what a hell of a game for that young man at WR.. and then there was Madrid. I can't explain the last play but the efforts of our QB helped get us to that point. Hopefully the whole team will grow from this game. They are moving the secondary people around trying to find the right mix. Missed coverages are going to happen. Hopefully we'll have the right formula come district and the playoffs but that is what these games are for. I will say no more here about this so feel to continue the bashing.

well if calling a spade a spade is bashing then o.k. I had a number of WT players over here today eating lunch and i got their input on the game also. if we have a full team of first teamers still playing come district games we will be lucky. as far as the QB goes we are using the best option we currently have, the O line is not helping him, and i agree that Lambert going out also didn't help; drew did a good job as back-up but we need a back-up power runner. Larsen is out for a while, Bell likely the rest of the season, Anderson dislocated his shoulder, Lambert should be back next week. and you are right mireles played a great game.

Cam
09-14-2013, 07:39 PM
LOL!! You really don't support any team do you? Typical bandwagon fan.

Are you referring to LHdog Tejas??

Tejastrue
09-14-2013, 08:53 PM
Affirmative Cam. His comment makes me think he longs for a winning team and only then will he support them or...he just hates Wimberley. :)

The banter part of it all is fun before and after games between opposing fans but I'll never understand how some can get on here and bash individual players, much less a team and call themselves supporters of that team. JMO

Cam
09-14-2013, 09:55 PM
Affirmative Cam. His comment makes me think he longs for a winning team and only then will he support them or...he just hates Wimberley. :)

The banter part of it all is fun before and after games between opposing fans but I'll never understand how some can get on here and bash individual players, much less a team and call themselves supporters of that team. JMO

Yep he does seem a bit bitter at everybody.....I feel like I know who he is..I kinda got a feeling....shows he's from Inks Lake so that would make him my neighbor....but the "LHdog" name is confusing as hell.....Does that mean he's a Liberty Hill follower?....Or is the "dog" in LHdog make him a Burnet follower?.....shoot I don't know....all I know is he never seems happy with any team! LOL......oh well, everybody's different I guess.....can you imagine if everyone were like me??.....We'd be in a world of hurt!!!...I don't know if I'm comin' or goin'!....:crazy1:

jackofalltrades
09-14-2013, 09:56 PM

cam i am pretty sure this one is aimed at me. look i have a kid on the team and had one on the team for three years before this year's team. i have coached a lot of the kids on this team at one time or another in various sports. if you want to get better you have to be honest about where the weaknesses are. you call it bashing, i call it honesty. that's why they watch tape on Saturdays, to see the truth. i would always like them to win but no, i do not blindly support anyone and that includes my own kids. when they screw up I am there to discuss the situation, honestly.

Cam
09-14-2013, 10:01 PM
cam i am pretty sure this one is aimed at me. look i have a kid on the team and had one on the team for three years before this year's team. i have coached a lot of the kids on this team at one time or another in various sports. if you want to get better you have to be honest about where the weaknesses are. you call it bashing, i call it honesty. that's why they watch tape on Saturdays, to see the truth. i would always like them to win but no, i do not blindly support anyone and that includes my own kids. when they screw up I am there to discuss the situation, honestly.

No I think you're safe...Tejas was referring to LHdog......but if you want to start something with Tejas, I'm all eyes! :D:1popcorn:

jackofalltrades
09-14-2013, 10:49 PM
No I think you're safe...Tejas was referring to LHdog......but if you want to start something with Tejas, I'm all eyes! :D:1popcorn:

not trying to start anything, simply making honest observations.

LHdog
09-15-2013, 07:53 AM
I've never bashed an individual player on any team. They're kids doing the best they know how. I have been critical of coaching decisions. They get paid and are expected to be competent as just like those of us who also work for a living. I support both Liberty Hill and Burnet as I have family ties both places. Go Bulldogs and Panthers!

Turin
09-15-2013, 09:44 AM
I've never bashed an individual player on any team. They're kids doing the best they know how. I have been critical of coaching decisions. They get paid and are expected to be competent as just like those of us who also work for a living. I support both Liberty Hill and Burnet as I have family ties both places. Go Bulldogs and Panthers!

In one thread you called the team weak. In another thread you said the kids were slow. Which coaching decisions are you being critical of with those two statements?

Gone Fishing
09-15-2013, 12:00 PM
Wow, what a game...Texans played as hard for the whole game as any game I have seen in the past. I read all these post one more time and no reason for me to say much. Drip is a very big and athletic looking 4A team, just not sure why they aren't better as a team (record, etc.) I said above that I was worried about Drip and I was right, they could have beat us worse, BUT, also we could have beat them. Only thing I have a hard time with, is at the end after the tipped reception how could you not be running down yelling and screaming at your linemen (center mostly) yelling, " line up, line up, spiking the ball, spiking the ball" and with your hands right there under your centers ace, for how ever long waiting for the official to blow his whistle to start the clock. Spike the ball immediately!!!!! That just should be so elementary of what to do. Probably would have had to do that a couple dozen times since Youth, Jr Hi, and HS football.... I just don't see how that didn't happen. Other than that they played so hard, fought through injuries, good and bad breaks and were in position to beat a 4A team on the road. (12 miles LOL) La Vernia will be tough. Look forward to that game, but curios how the injuries will effect the next couple games.

Tejastrue
09-15-2013, 01:56 PM
I don't think there is a person out there that feels any worse than our QB on that last play. It should not overshadow the bulk of his game accomplishments but unfotunately it's what everyone wiill remember.

jackofalltrades...So in order to be fair about this..which young man is your son so we can all openly critique on this forum when we feel it is necessary to do so.

jackofalltrades
09-15-2013, 05:14 PM
I don't think there is a person out there that feels any worse than our QB on that last play. It should not overshadow the bulk of his game accomplishments but unfotunately it's what everyone wiill remember.

jackofalltrades...So in order to be fair about this..which young man is your son so we can all openly critique on this forum when we feel it is necessary to do so.

i thought you would have been able to figure it out. Our name is Mann.

jackofalltrades
09-15-2013, 05:20 PM
i thought you would have been able to figure it out. Our name is Mann.

so what's your name TT just in case we need to openly critique?

Tejastrue
09-15-2013, 06:15 PM
LOL...Was a big fan of the Mann that graduated recently but it still doesn't justify an open season on other individual players on a forum like this. Don't care who you are... you can always PM me if you care to discuss this further. I said I would leave this alone earlier but failed to do so but that's what I'm going to do now. I don't believe what you are doing is right and if that's the way this thing is going to roll then I'll not be a part of it. Judging from the lack of comments by other Wimberley supporters I just may be alone with my opinion. No more posts from me. It's been fun on here. I wish the Texans the best and hope this forum continues on but it is time to say goodnight Gracie.

jackofalltrades
09-15-2013, 07:37 PM
LOL...Was a big fan of the Mann that graduated recently but it still doesn't justify an open season on other individual players on a forum like this. Don't care who you are... you can always PM me if you care to discuss this further. I said I would leave this alone earlier but failed to do so but that's what I'm going to do now. I don't believe what you are doing is right and if that's the way this thing is going to roll then I'll not be a part of it. Judging from the lack of comments by other Wimberley supporters I just may be alone with my opinion. No more posts from me. It's been fun on here. I wish the Texans the best and hope this forum continues on but it is time to say goodnight Gracie.

i understand. still waiting for your name-

ogg
09-15-2013, 08:45 PM
Wow, what a game...Texans played as hard for the whole game as any game I have seen in the past. I read all these post one more time and no reason for me to say much. Drip is a very big and athletic looking 4A team, just not sure why they aren't better as a team (record, etc.) I said above that I was worried about Drip and I was right, they could have beat us worse, BUT, also we could have beat them. Only thing I have a hard time with, is at the end after the tipped reception how could you not be running down yelling and screaming at your linemen (center mostly) yelling, " line up, line up, spiking the ball, spiking the ball" and with your hands right there under your centers ace, for how ever long waiting for the official to blow his whistle to start the clock. Spike the ball immediately!!!!! That just should be so elementary of what to do. Probably would have had to do that a couple dozen times since Youth, Jr Hi, and HS football.... I just don't see how that didn't happen. Other than that they played so hard, fought through injuries, good and bad breaks and were in position to beat a 4A team on the road. (12 miles LOL) La Vernia will be tough. Look forward to that game, but curios how the injuries will effect the next couple games.

I agree GF; the game was more of a battle than anything else. Much like Taylor. Seeing the drip celebrate on the field after the win sums up the Texan relevance I’ve spoken of before, they won’t forget that win. The drip’s a good team, not mediocre, taller, faster and just more athletic, twice the number of players than Wimberley. The Texans played tough, gritty, salty, the coaches and fans can’t ask for more.

I polished my Wimberley Texan decal on my truck today. :)

catfish
09-15-2013, 08:53 PM
Texans played hard for the entire sixty, never gave up and improved overall.That is all predistrict games are for,it is unfortunate about all the injuries,but the Texans just need to keep improving and get all the injuries healed by district and they will be fine.Proud of the effort by players and coaches....Don't listen to the negative comments from people who have no idea what they are talking about!

Manso/V8
09-15-2013, 09:41 PM
it is time to say goodnight Gracie.

No need to abandon board, stick around and fight for what is right and true.......besides Wimberley might play Sealy again and you wouldn't want to miss that thread fun.

I like this goodnight song.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2e18Gdrm5E

snaxet
09-15-2013, 11:18 PM
Tejas, appreciate your comments. I am surprised that Jackofalltrades has taken us to a place that is neither meaningful or productive. I have been a staunch Texan supporter since the inception of the program in the eighties, and have missed very few games over that period. I don't really evaluate the Texan teams during the pre-district games based upon wins and losses. I look to see if the team plays with intensity and a smashmouth style that has become the trademark of Wimberley Texan football. We are not and will never be a finesse team; that is not why the Texans have been successful in the past. Our success depends on whether the kids will give all that they have each and every play and regardless of the score will not give up. Go back to the 2004 team which up until the Cuero game had played off and on football. They beat LH and then lose to Llano but when they stepped out on the field against Cuero they played them toe to toe and should have won in the fog bowl. The community embraced that team. That game was a defining moment for the 2005 team which did not lose until they were crowned the State Champs in 2005. The 2009 team barely won enough games to make the playoffs, but they beat a very good Glen Rose team on the last play of the game and then beat Brownwood in the quarterfinals. That season set the tone for the Texans over the next two years leading up to our state championship in 2011. Jackofalltrades since you have the opportunity to have a direct input with this year's players, please let them know that they have captured my respect and admiration. I believe in them and the coaches and, I will tell you that this year's team has played at the level that you want them to be playing at, your son included. I am impressed with the effort, the team unity, the heart, the intensity, and the don't quit attitude that they are playing with especially what they showed against Drip. That is the general consensus in and around the community. I am hopeful that you are talking to them about the positives and encouraging them so that they can begin to believe in themselves. The concern that many have is that if you are willing to criticize players openly here then you possibly have criticized them in front of other Texan players. That creates doubt in the minds of those players and undermines the effort of the coaches to build unity. I will tell you the one thing that stuck out after the game at Drip was the number of players who went up to our QB and encouraged him and wrapped their arms around him. I suspect now that we are using signals he was confused by the spike motion and the play calling signal used throughout the game. It is unfortunate but without his approximately 470 total yards of offense we would not have had a chance to be in the position that we were in. By the way, I have been following your older son and it appears that he is getting a lot of playing time. Over the past 28 years, there are a number of players that I have developed a high level of respect for - mainly because of their hard play but also because of the integrity that they have shown off the field. Your son fits in that category, and it is always a pleasure to visit with him. I wish him the best. I am also excited to watch this year's team as they develop. They have already caught our eye, and I am hopeful that you can and will express that to them all.

rb585
09-16-2013, 09:35 AM
I don't see how anybody can be discouraged about that loss.

We got destroyed by injuries and just about everyone was playing both ways against a bigger, deeper team, yet we just absolutely played our butts off to the final gun.

Did it suck to lose? Yeah. But that was a game that showed me this team has the guts it's going to take to win tough playoff games.