PDA

View Full Version : Bellville (1-1) at Giddings (1-1)

Scoop27
09-08-2013, 09:23 AM
Another close game

Pudlugger
09-08-2013, 09:57 AM
Should be an interesting match. Both teams coming off close losses to top rated teams. Giddings is somewhat of an unknown entity or dark horse this year. Bellville comes off a hugely successful year in 2012 with plenty of returning talent. I'll have to go with the Bulls by 14.

iFootball
09-08-2013, 11:07 AM
Both are good, solid teams. Team with the biggest horns wins.

speedbump
09-08-2013, 12:34 PM
Bellville by 17.

maestro
09-08-2013, 12:37 PM
Bellville by 17.

I agree. Someone will have to prove to me come district that Bellvile's senior class can be beat.

speedbump
09-08-2013, 12:54 PM
I agree. Someone will have to prove to me come district that Bellvile's senior class can be beat.

Meanwhile,nobody in D-26 will prove it. If ECs offensive line ever gets it together,the Ricebirds will have a good shot at it.

buff4ever
09-09-2013, 10:48 AM
This will be a tough match up again this week for the buffs. Our defense has played good ball in the first two games, and our offense has struggled to maintain any momentum. I would attribute most of this to the line not getting everyone blocked. We have got to improve on offense or it is going to be more than difficult to beat top ranked teams. We managed to stay in reach with a good Wimberley team despite a int for a td and turning the ball over on a kick off. These are two mistakes that should have made a game like this a lot more lobsided.

If the offense can get things going and figured out this week, Giddings is set up to surprise some people with a very scrappy and sufficient defense. Hopefully the ankle of Hickey was a minor tweak last week. I know he didn't play the second half, hope to see him back at full speed soon.

maestro
09-09-2013, 11:01 AM
Is it just me or does the giddings field slope badly west to east?

buff4ever
09-09-2013, 11:14 AM
Is it just me or does the giddings field slope badly west to east?

I would assume that the big hill near the highway on the east side is playing tricks on your eyes, might not help that the grade drops off drastically after the track on the west side. No water problems when it rains at all sense stadium was renovated, so I am going with optical illusion on you.

maestro
09-09-2013, 11:17 AM
Ok

Glad my vision and mind aren't completely gone

1st and goal
09-09-2013, 08:24 PM
I would assume that the big hill near the highway on the east side is playing tricks on your eyes, might not help that the grade drops off drastically after the track on the west side. No water problems when it rains at all sense stadium was renovated, so I am going with optical illusion on you.

After going to Liberty Hill's new stadium, I realized our lighting is long in the tooth. They really need to replace those bulbs. Anywho, if you'uns Bellville peeps would all turn on that light on your apple Iphones, it would sure help.

Manso/V8
09-09-2013, 10:39 PM
I hope that Bellville finds a kicker and special teams players or it is going to be a long season for them. Their pass defense is very weak with no pass rush or secondary help. Any team that can throw will have a field day against them. I hope the coaches give up on kicking the extra points and just go for the 2 point conversion. Field goals it aint going to happen. Just go for it.

How unusual that pass defense and the kicking game is not perfect in the second week of the season.

At least you are being positive.

The Bull #40
09-10-2013, 08:48 AM
I hope that Bellville finds a kicker and special teams players or it is going to be a long season for them. Their pass defense is very weak with no pass rush or secondary help. Any team that can throw will have a field day against them. I hope the coaches give up on kicking the extra points and just go for the 2 point conversion. Field goals it aint going to happen. Just go for it.

I think Bellville's pass defense is good enough for how early in the season it is. We won't face many teams with top QBs and a D1 WR like we did against Kinkaid. And as far as the DL goes, we have a lot of young kids that are still learning how the varsity game is played. I think you'll be surprised how much our defense improves by the time district rolls around. Now, our kicking game definitely needs to improve but once again, its early in the season and I don't think going for 2 every time is a good idea..at all.. as you can see from the one point loss in OT last week. I am excited for this storied matchup of Bellville vs. Giddings though, they seem to always get after it on defense and its never a dull game against the Buffs. What kind of offense is Giddings running this year? I know them as the old Fitzhenry option team that I don't think they are anymore right?

OLE'BULL
09-10-2013, 09:20 AM
Bellville will be fine. No question about it. I dont see us losing another game in the regular season as long as we stay healthy. I know 1 or 2 of our great RB's were banged up, hopefully its nothing serious. As far as our pass D, we will be fine. Like #40 said, Kinkaid has some of the best, if not the best talent we will face in the regular season, if not the whole way. Most high school receivers are barely scratching 6'0, mine as well 6'4" and 6'6". Its was week 2 and we went to OT with a team who stomped us last year, and they are better this year. I will take that any day. If we dont miss that extra point (or two?), the game dosen't even go to OT, Brahmas win. But if Grandma had balls she'd be Grandpa. Bull have a good game with Giddings, but still win by 17+.

pancho villa
09-10-2013, 09:24 AM
Bellville by 14 cause the Belville Mom's have way more tattoos than the Buff Mom's

Scoop27
09-10-2013, 10:34 PM
Don't know how accurate this is but close I'm sure
http://lonestarfootball.net/team.asp?T=1692&B=1029&REC=11-18-0&S=

Gone Fishing
09-11-2013, 09:03 PM
Bellville will win this game going away....

zebrablue2
09-12-2013, 10:51 PM
Bellville by 21!!

Tejastrue
09-12-2013, 11:04 PM
That young Giddings QB just may surprise some people.

buff4ever
09-13-2013, 08:44 AM
I love playing bellville. You never know what to expect. Atleast we have them coming to our turf tonight. Their fans will spend more time complaining about officiating than cheering for the kids. Where are the old posters at? Ole bull, FormerBellvilleBrahma. Did they get so caught up in the helmet that they don't have any computer time?

They made this fun. All the whining and blaming and giving other people a hard time if they didn't pick bellville to win.

Snotbubbles
09-13-2013, 08:45 AM
Seen the Buffs last week. Not impressed, based on all the talk of their speed. Didn't see it. They lost to a average Wimberley team. And, if Hickey is out here, it will be even worse IMO.

Bellville rolls big, 30-8.

OLE'BULL
09-13-2013, 09:09 AM
I love playing bellville. You never know what to expect. Atleast we have them coming to our turf tonight. Their fans will spend more time complaining about officiating than cheering for the kids. Where are the old posters at? Ole bull, FormerBellvilleBrahma. Did they get so caught up in the helmet that they don't have any computer time?

They made this fun. All the whining and blaming and giving other people a hard time if they didn't pick bellville to win.

Im here. Bellville will take care of the Buffs and come on back to Austin County. Dont see Giddings giving us too many problems, but who knows.

YTBulldogs
09-13-2013, 09:37 AM
Should be a interesting game.

BB BULLS
09-13-2013, 03:19 PM

i think you will see a big change the secondary tonight. a couple of our guys were out the first games.

buff4ever
09-13-2013, 03:59 PM
i think you will see a big change the secondary tonight. a couple of our guys were out the first games.

If we can give our qb time to throw the ball in this one, you will see how good your secondary is or isn't.

SHSBulldog00
09-13-2013, 11:13 PM
The rancher report on Bellville offense tonight can be summed up in one word PATHETIC. The only saving grace was that the Giddings receivers could not catch a cold. The Giddings QB did a great job in eluding the Bellville rush and almost carrying the Buffs on his back alone. If a few plays by the buffs had been made, the bulls would have been handed another loss. I dont know who put together the game plan, but he must have attended the Mack Brown school of coaching. Passing game never showed up tonight as the QB was sacked over and over. If I remember, Bellville only had one completion and that was just before halftime. I wait to see the excuses this week.

What was the final? Last I heard was Bellville 7-0 at half

SHSBulldog00
09-13-2013, 11:25 PM
Just saw

Bellville 14-0

OLE'BULL
09-14-2013, 11:43 PM
The rancher report on Bellville offense tonight can be summed up in one word PATHETIC. The only saving grace was that the Giddings receivers could not catch a cold. The Giddings QB did a great job in eluding the Bellville rush and almost carrying the Buffs on his back alone. If a few plays by the buffs had been made, the bulls would have been handed another loss. I dont know who put together the game plan, but he must have attended the Mack Brown school of coaching. Passing game never showed up tonight as the QB was sacked over and over. If I remember, Bellville only had one completion and that was just before halftime. I wait to see the excuses this week.

FYI, Nunn rushed for 170 yards. Bellville doesn't pay the bills throwing the ball. They control the clock. If the other team doesn't score 1 point they can't win. You can't score 40 points every week. Giddings is not a bad football team, show some home town pride rancher...

Snotbubbles
09-15-2013, 12:08 AM
Bellville doesn't pay the bills throwing the ball.

Why was your QB sacked over and over then as rancher noted in his post? Just pound the rock and be done with it. Kinda surprised here by the score, cause Giggings don't have much as I seen last week against WT. Was coach trying to see what his air game is like, in prep's for later in the year/playoffs perhaps? Not bad thing to know I guess, before you need it. Could be reasoning of the close score here.

Txbroadcaster
09-15-2013, 12:19 AM
saw two very solid teams...Giddings team speed is real for someone who said they did not see it...many times on the field you could see a lane open up for Bellville then boom it was filled..#22 for Giddings was a beast on D in first half then got shook up..#10 the Buffs QB was elusive..Brahma D line lived in backfield all night...#15 for Giddings has the size and the speed to be a force at WR but has to learn to catch

Manso/V8
09-23-2013, 11:18 PM
Bellville will be fine. No question about it. I dont see us losing another game in the regular season as long as we stay healthy. I know 1 or 2 of our great RB's were banged up, hopefully its nothing serious. As far as our pass D, we will be fine. Like #40 said, Kinkaid has some of the best, if not the best talent we will face in the regular season, if not the whole way. Most high school receivers are barely scratching 6'0, mine as well 6'4" and 6'6". Its was week 2 and we went to OT with a team who stomped us last year, and they are better this year. I will take that any day. If we dont miss that extra point (or two?), the game dosen't even go to OT, Brahmas win. But if Grandma had balls she'd be Grandpa. Bull have a good game with Giddings, but still win by 17+.

I just read an article on Kinkaid and the 6'6" kid already committed to Florida State, over Arkansas, Houston, Illinois, Michigan State, Mississippi State, Missouri, Nebraska, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Ole Miss, Texas Tech and Utah.
Their senior CB is a Wake Forest commit.
The junior QB has an offer from UH, please a lot of interest from big time schools.
The junior WR already has an offer from Fresno State.

I would say that Kinkaid probably had more D1 talent than Brahmas will likely face all year.