PDA

View Full Version : Region 2 Reg Qtr-Finals Picks and Thoughts

Matthew328
02-23-2003, 06:58 PM
Gainesville (21-13) vs Mt Vernon (25-4)
Looking at the records you'd think that MV would roll..but MV hasn't exactly been tearing it up this postseason..as they have struggled some against 2 weak teams..Gainesville is showing a TON of heart and grit in winning 2 hard fought games especially last week with their OT win against Pleasant Grove..I gotta pick the state champs again...their run will continue with another trip to Commerce...Matt's pick: GAINESVILLE

Tatum (28-6) vs Van (26-7)
Wow what a matchup of guards here..both teams have a set of guards that can flat out go..Van's Demar Young may be the best guard of them all..however Tatum also has good post play with Michael Borders...Jayme Bradley at guard is a great compliment to Borders..I am gonna pick Tatum in this one but if you are in the area for this one I highly recommend making this one! Matt's pick: TATUM in a nail biter..

Lindale (27-5) vs Van Alstyne (29-4)
Lindale is looking quite impressive and they could be this region's sleeper..Van Alstyne has had a great debut in 3A but I don't see them having enough athleticism to compete with Lindale..Matt's pick: LINDALE

Pittsburg (26-7) vs Dallas Madison (20-10)
First glance and you may pick the Pirates..but man Madison's win over a very good Chapel Hill team has made me stand up and take notice..Pitt has really not played up to their potential in a log time and I think they are ripe to get beat...Matt's pick: DALLAS MADISON

Recap
Gainesville
Tatum
Lindale
Dallas Madison

<small>[ February 23, 2003, 06:33 PM: Message edited by: Matthew328 ]</small>

howiseeit
02-23-2003, 10:55 PM
I agree with Matt on all games except I'm picking Van...they get my vote after watching them oust my Roughnecks.