PDA

View Full Version : Marble Falls @ Burnet

Cam
09-07-2013, 11:33 AM
Throw records out the door for this one!.....This rivalry goes way back.....House will be packed!......MF ain't scoring 69 points like they did last night.....Greendawg, please don't get me in trouble no more with them MF'ers!......Oh wait, they're coming to our house!.....:devil:

footballfine09
09-08-2013, 09:16 AM
This will be a high scoring game. Burnet a much better team than last year. Marble Falls defense still remains to be seen if they are better than last year. Marble Offense will score points but so can Burnet.

Pudlugger
09-08-2013, 11:45 AM
Agree plenty of points will be put up by these two teams. An improving soph qb for MF gives them the edge. MF by 14.

hookandladder
09-08-2013, 12:39 PM
Marble Falls defense is not better then last year , I would say they are not as good as last year. I like Burnet in this game if their secondary can limit the Grey kid , I think Burnet offense will control the clock and win. I think Smithville is just that bad this year and from what MF did to them last week , that pretty much sums it up. Burnet by 10.

Cam
09-09-2013, 01:03 PM
Agree plenty of points will be put up by these two teams. An improving soph qb for MF gives them the edge. MF by 14.

That soph QB is going to get rattled in this game!....MF takes this game more seriously than their regular district games!...It's their Super Bowl....not sure why!!!.....Not a good game for a young QB to be in...too much pressure at Burnet's house!....I'm sure he'll get his passing yards, especially with a target like Gray and with Burnet missing one maybe two of their secondary starters......But Burnet's senior QB will out do his counterpart IMO...Burnet can't stand those MF'ers! (Marble Fallers not that other nasty word!)
I'm curious Pud...since La Grange beat these guys so handily 49 to 20 something, do you think if you played them again MF would win now because of their improving QB??.......I'm just trying to figure how you feel La Grange is so many points better than Burnet according to your predictions??.....:thinking:

buff4ever
09-09-2013, 01:10 PM
I got Burnet in this one. MF is going to have a rough year, and losing to rival dogs won't make it any easier.

hookandladder
09-09-2013, 02:08 PM
That soph QB is going to get rattled in this game!....MF takes this game more seriously than their regular district games!...It's their Super Bowl....not sure why!!!.....Not a good game for a young QB to be in...too much pressure at Burnet's house!....I'm sure he'll get his passing yards, especially with a target like Gray and with Burnet missing one maybe two of their secondary starters......But Burnet's senior QB will out do his counterpart IMO...Burnet can't stand those MF'ers! (Marble Fallers not that other nasty word!)
I'm curious Pud...since La Grange beat these guys so handily 49 to 20 something, do you think if you played them again MF would win now because of their improving QB??.......I'm just trying to figure how you feel La Grange is so many points better than Burnet according to your predictions??.....:thinking:

I think Pud thinks Smithville is a decent team this year and when MF ripped them last week he thinks the QB has gotten better, I was not impressed with the MF QB at all, no where close to the Richardson kid from last season. Even the Richardson kid was just so so , had a couple good games but that was about it. I see Burnet and LG very close to each other talent wise, Burnet wins about the same as LG beat them. Smithville may not win a game this year, I think they are back to their normall years. If they can beat LG then their season has been a success, talent and numbers are just not there.

Pudlugger
09-09-2013, 02:25 PM
Well Hook, I wasn't able to go to the MF game so I had to be content with listening to it on KVLG so I'll defer to you on that assessment. I also think Burnet will win this game but it will be a shoot out.

hookandladder
09-09-2013, 05:17 PM
Well Hook, I wasn't able to go to the MF game so I had to be content with listening to it on KVLG so I'll defer to you on that assessment. I also think Burnet will win this game but it will be a shoot out.

I agree there will be a lot of scoring but Burnet will get their stops, MF -QB and OL are not near what they were last season. Burnet by 2 or 3 TD's.

Pudlugger
09-09-2013, 07:45 PM
I'll stick with my pick MF by 14.

Cam
09-09-2013, 08:08 PM
I'll stick with my pick MF by 14.

:vrycnfsd:

footballfine09
09-09-2013, 08:25 PM
The game will depend on the marble falls qb. He's just a sophomore. 1st game hitters against La grange. Coaches said they never seen him not make throws he missed against them. People that know football claim He will be one of the best qbs in the state by the time he leaves high school. Smithville was a good tune up game for him. Burnet will be a tough atmosphere for him. I can't wait to hear how he handles it.

Cam
09-09-2013, 08:44 PM
When these two teams get together...anything can happen....either team is capable of blowin' the other out.....I would guess Burnet will choose to receive the kickoff if they win the toss and try to set the tone.....Burnet secondary must tighten up and do it without one of their top players....I watched my 8th grader practice today but kept my eye on the varsity....You can tell it was a spirited practice! IMO, they are not going to let MF come into their house and leave town with a win!......When my son played MF he hated it! He had to battle 300+lb. O-lineman Cyril Lemon on almost every down! Cyril is now the starting tackle at North Texas State.....Boys played so hard there were always injuries....It's just that type of game....I just hope this one comes out injury free for everyone......

Pudlugger
09-09-2013, 09:32 PM
:vrycnfsd:

I know. I'm having a hard time making up my mind on this game. :)

panfan
09-09-2013, 10:33 PM
Throw records out the door for this one!.....This rivalry goes way back.....House will be packed!......MF ain't scoring 69 points like they did last night.....Greendawg, please don't get me in trouble no more with them MF'ers!......Oh wait, they're coming to our house!.....:devil:

Burnet takes this one by 10. Why? Hell I don't know it just sounds good.

Cam
09-09-2013, 10:45 PM
Burnet takes this one by 10. Why? Hell I don't know it just sounds good.

Admit it....your wife is converting you!!....

panfan
09-09-2013, 11:08 PM
Admit it....your wife is converting you!!....

Not hardly.:tisk:

Cam
09-09-2013, 11:14 PM
Not hardly.:tisk:

Go to bed panfan!......

Scoop27
09-10-2013, 10:41 PM
http://lonestarfootball.net/team.asp?T=1518&B=1128&REC=45-38-9&S=

Cam
09-11-2013, 12:16 PM
From the Daily Tribune:

http://www.dailytrib.com/2013/09/11/battle-of-burnet-county-once-bitter-rivalry-turns-into-fun-game-for-burnet-fans/

Cam
09-11-2013, 12:22 PM
Well, this article mentions the hanging horse's head.....but it doesn't mention the probable perpetrator....GREENDAWG!!!....:doh: ......I know nothin'......

http://www.dailytrib.com/2013/09/11/battle-of-burnet-county-marble-falls-fans-remember-ups-downs-of-longtime-series/

greendawg84
09-11-2013, 02:00 PM
Well, this article mentions the hanging horse's head.....but it doesn't mention the probable perpetrator....GREENDAWG!!!....:doh: ......I know nothin'......

http://www.dailytrib.com/2013/09/11/battle-of-burnet-county-marble-falls-fans-remember-ups-downs-of-longtime-series/

Was a classic prank for sure . I know nuttin else ....... :wave: But CAM better stay his arse off the sideline cuz that big ugly lady will be looking for him .

Cam
09-11-2013, 02:15 PM
Was a classic prank for sure . I know nuttin else ....... :wave: But CAM better stay his arse off the sideline cuz that big ugly lady will be looking for him .

I just wanna know where the horsie head came from?? Did it come from an already dead horsie, or did somebody waste one? Do you know who was behind it?? Fess up Greendawg!!

As for the big ugly lady from MF, she better not mess with me in our house...Mrs. Cam will be there and if she sees someone messin' with her man, there's gonna be lots of trouble!!!.....My wife don't mess around!!!.....I got the scars to prove it!!!...

greendawg84
09-11-2013, 02:21 PM
Funny you ask that question , I almost put a disclamer on my last post !

Disclamer : Said horse had already been put to sleep for something unrelated to the flag pole ordeal a few days earlier.

Cam
09-12-2013, 11:20 AM
The Todd Dodge Show: Burnet Preview

http://www.dailytrib.com/2013/09/11/todd-dodge-show-burnet-preview/

footballfine09
09-13-2013, 11:36 PM
If that was the MF qb getting "rattled" I'd love to see that kid when he's not rattled... Sky is the limit.

Cam
09-13-2013, 11:50 PM
If that was the MF qb getting "rattled" I'd love to see that kid when he's not rattled... Sky is the limit.

He's a good one especially for only being a soph!.........

Cam
09-14-2013, 12:22 AM
Game couldn't have started any worse for Burnet!
Opening KO to Burnet - Fumble and MF TD
Next KO to Burnet - Fumble and MF TD -------------14 zip just like that....

This was one of those games where defenses disappear....I think there was about 17,243 total yards by both teams!....:spitlol:
Shoot, I went to the bathroom during the second quarter....now I know the ol' prostrate is a little slow....but it didn't take that long to get back to my seat and another 6000 yards had been gained already!!

But seriously, MF can definitely score...they're gonna have to cause their defense can't stop the run or the pass.....could be a long season for them in that district....their next opponent is Boerne Champion. Three of their scouts sat next to me.....I was hearing their comments...mostly criticizing MF....they left early seemingly unimpressed.....but they better leave the cocky meter at home and get prepared for an aerial assault by MF.....

Same for Burnet. That offense is going to score a lot of points .....and they're gonna have to if their defense doesn't figure out how to stop all the quick sideline routes....that was open all day long.....not sure what it's gonna take to fix it but they better make some adjustments.....even my grandma could get open on a quick out route..and she's dead!!....Burnet run defense is looking like their strength so far. Big MF back didn't get much........QB Kiser is crazy accurate and has a nice assortment of receivers.....Burnet is going to be OK.... Just fix the dang pass defense!!!

footballfine09
09-14-2013, 01:21 AM
Boerne champion can't hang with marble

FB-fanatic
09-14-2013, 01:26 AM
Final?

footballfine09
09-14-2013, 09:22 AM
Marble won 56 to 51

Pudlugger
09-14-2013, 09:39 AM
Well I said this game would be a shootout and I was right. I picked MF by 14 but credit the Burnet offense to put up 51 against the Mustangs. To win against MF requires at least 2 defensive stops because their defense will give up the scores but their offense is a juggernaut. I doubt either team punted in this wild offensive display. Good luck to the Bulldogs going forward.

LHdog
09-14-2013, 05:31 PM
Marble Falls has the worst 4a defense I have ever seen. It was not a good match-up for Burnet as the Mustang passing attach is their strength and the Bulldog defensive secondary is their weakness. You have to blitz and put pressure on the QB Wooten or get picked apart. I did not like the Burnet defensive scheme at all. Too soft on the Mustang receivers all night.

Pudlugger
09-14-2013, 07:14 PM
Marble Falls has the worst 4a defense I have ever seen. It was not a good match-up for Burnet as the Mustang passing attach is their strength and the Bulldog defensive secondary is their weakness. You have to blitz and put pressure on the QB Wooten or get picked apart. I did not like the Burnet defensive scheme at all. Too soft on the Mustang receivers all night.

I agree with your take on the MF defense. They are very weak and will give up plenty of points. On the other hand their offense is very strong and strikes quickly so if you don't get 1 or 2 stops in the game they can out score you even if your offense is putting up big numbers. That's what they did against Burnet. La Grange got 2 or 3 stops from their defense and that's what won the game for us along with our efficient offense.