PDA

View Full Version : La Grange @ Burkshire Royal

Pudlugger
09-07-2013, 06:56 AM
The Leps travel down Hwy 10 to meet up with the Falcons. The Leps (2-0 over 4a Marble Falls and Columbus) are coming off a comfortable win over a determined Cardinal team and now will be facing a struggling Falcon team (0-2 to 2a Hempstead and Taylor). Will the Leps keep the momentum going and get the win on the road?

Pudlugger
09-07-2013, 06:58 AM
....too early not enough coffee yet. My bad.

maestro
09-07-2013, 11:49 AM
Enjoy the halftime show.

Don't figure the game will be contested

Pudlugger
09-08-2013, 08:18 AM
I just hope we get out of there without any injuries and get the win. Royal has a history of playing dirty. Several years back they ended the promising athletic career of one of our coach's sons who was a sophomore. Piled on after the whistle resulting in compound comminuted fracture of the ankle. Go Leps!

maestro
09-08-2013, 08:26 AM
Royal days of playing dirty are gone.

Coach Green is one of the best, most professional guys in the business.

A great role model for his kids and ALL kids

speedbump
09-08-2013, 08:50 AM
Brookshire Royal by thirty or more. Well .... somebody had to keep a poll for this game from being as silly as it seems.

Pudlugger
09-08-2013, 09:54 AM

OK glad to hear. Let's have a great game with no injuries. Go Leps!

Pudlugger
09-08-2013, 09:55 PM
Do the Falcons still run the spread or did they change their offense?

XMan
09-09-2013, 05:41 AM
Take lots of mosquito spray!

Pudlugger
09-09-2013, 08:51 AM
Brookshire Royal by thirty or more. Well .... somebody had to keep a poll for this game from being as silly as it seems.

Are the Falcons really so bad?

Manso/V8
09-09-2013, 02:38 PM

I don't know the coach but I haven't noticed any dirty play from Royal the last few years.

Pudlugger
09-10-2013, 07:44 AM
Do the Falcons have anybody with good speed carrying he football this year? In years past they have fielded some fine running backs.

Pudlugger
09-10-2013, 06:55 PM
La Grange needs to work on their special teams play especially punt returns and punt coverage. Against Columbus they fumbled the only punt that they tried to field and then with 30 seconds left in the game they gave up a td on a 60 yard punt return. Fortunately for the Leps they had the game put away early but if they do this in district play they could easily lose the game. Hope they improve on this by Friday.

Pudlugger
09-11-2013, 08:10 AM
The play by QB Davis had to be the brightest spot in the win over Columbus. His mobility out of the pocket, speed and good judgement made him a big threat in the rushing game and he hit his receivers well especially on the short routes over the middle. His accuracy on the long pass was not as good and with more time at QB he will certainly improve. The O line has been effective in pass blocking thus far and that is huge in the passing game. I look for a breakout game Friday with the LG offense really getting their groove on.

maestro
09-11-2013, 10:05 AM
What I usually se from royal is : they really struggle to drive the ball and gain several first downs.

That's why the year they had Williams they were tough. He only needed 1-2 plays to score.

Advice to leps, defense bend but don't break.

Make royal go 70-80 yards to score.