PDA

View Full Version : Gilmer Buckeyes @ Jacksonville Tomato Bowl

buckeyebob
09-07-2013, 12:55 AM
Gilmer is coming off a big win over Plano Prestonwood...will Jacksonville be able to derail the train? Will the Buckeyes stumble? I say it will be ugly & early...Gilmer is on a mission and the Indians are the next in line.

What you say?

Eagle1
09-07-2013, 10:53 AM
Pride comes before the fall don't get too overconfident.

movethechain
09-07-2013, 11:49 AM

Yes, we don't want to be like Stephenville.

buckeyebob
09-07-2013, 12:27 PM

None meant...it was my prediction based on them & us

waterboy
09-09-2013, 11:49 AM
If the Buckeyes clean up the turnovers and penalties, and don't come into the game overconfident or flat, I see no reason they can't beat Jacksonville handily. I'm not much into predicting margins, but I do believe the Buckeyes will win this game going away.

Buckeye80
09-11-2013, 09:46 AM
If the Buckeyes clean up the turnovers and penalties, and don't come into the game overconfident or flat, I see no reason they can't beat Jacksonville handily. I'm not much into predicting margins, but I do believe the Buckeyes will win this game going away.

I think this game might be closer than a lot of people think. McCown is a solid QB, and the Buckeyes are coming off a win they've been waiting for for a year. Emotionally drained, slightly cocky Buckeyes + an Indian team executing and playing a clean game sets up to be a pretty good match. And the Tomato Bowl has proven to be a pretty good game changer for Jacksonville in the past.

I'll take the Buckeyes by 9.

waterboy
09-11-2013, 10:10 AM
The only time I remember Gilmer ever playing in the 'Mater Bowl, the Buckeyes dominated them to the tune of 44-22. The only real worry is what you mentioned, cockiness (overconfidence), or an emotional letdown after a big win. Personally, I don't think that will happen, but I do believe Jacksonville is a pretty good team. If Gilmer plays Buckeye football, eliminates, or at least minimizes the mistakes (turnovers and penalties), I don't see why the Buckeyes can't win this one by at least 2 to 3 TDs.

Buckeye80
09-11-2013, 10:18 AM
As long as these kids stay off the internet and away from the local news and newspapers, they should be fine this year. The minute they start to believe they are as good as everyone says, they are in trouble.