PDA

View Full Version : Pine Tree head coach Derek Fitzhenry has been suspended

lostaussie
09-05-2013, 03:13 PM
for allegedly shoving a student trainer. I will see if i can find a link.

lostaussie
09-05-2013, 03:14 PM
http://www.news-journal.com/etvarsity/high_school/source-pine-tree-head-football-coach-removed-from-position/article_5e2da63a-164d-11e3-96e4-0019bb2963f4.html

1st and goal
09-05-2013, 03:52 PM
Not good.
Pinetree must have zero football participation. What's the deal up there? All the kids gangstas?

lostaussie
09-05-2013, 03:56 PM
Brand new stadium and won there opening game against Van

1st and goal
09-05-2013, 04:00 PM

So are they going to win out?

icu812
09-05-2013, 04:51 PM
Bad situation for a program that is trying to turn things around. They have some good looking athletes and are improved this year. They have a chance to be more competitive in 4A this year. Their new stadium is great. The game ball last week arrived to the field via a skydiver which was kind of neat.

waterboy
09-05-2013, 04:57 PM

I went to that game. Van got shafted toward the end of the game (the refs cost Van at least two more plays on their final drive), but Pine Tree's offense is pretty good. Their defense is not very good, at least not yet. Van lacks speed, but still put up 38 points on them.

I also noticed a lot of extracurricular activities by the PT Pirates that was less than classy, resulting in several personal fouls and unsportsmanlike conducts. They definitely lack discipline over there, which surprised me.

Johnny Utah
09-05-2013, 04:59 PM
I went to that game. Van got shafted toward the end of the game (the refs cost Van at least two more plays on their final drive), but Pine Tree's offense is pretty good. Their defense is not very good, at least not yet. Van lacks speed, but still put up 38 points on them.

I also noticed a lot of extracurricular activities by the PT Pirates that was less than classy, resulting in several personal fouls and unsportsmanlike conducts. They definitely lack discipline over there, which surprised me.

Hope the Coach did not lose his cool and put his job in jeopardy.

icu812
09-05-2013, 05:21 PM

I wasn't going to mention the refs but since you brought it up... Looked at the tape and that wasn't a hold on that final drive that would have given Van a 1st and goal. Also the receiver on that circus one handed catch in the back of the end zone had two feet in bounds and control of the ball. Still we didn't play well enough to deserve to win that game. Lost our best receiver for the year and another starter (RB/S) for a couple weeks. Still I thought our QB looked good for his first varsity start. Lots of new players on D and it showed.

Lion70
09-05-2013, 05:40 PM
PT will be alright. They got a 3x state champ waiting in the wings... Bowman is the DC just saying....

LH Panther Mom
09-05-2013, 05:44 PM
:thinking: :thinking: That's it, just thinking to myself & now sitting on my hands.

I used to go to school there graduated in 86. We had the Bratton family and one other black guy Rodney Jones. Fast forward to now I hear the white kids hauled a$$. Why the change in black/white? Longview lobos has the south side of town and most all the minorities. Pine tree was a soccer baseball school but sucked in sports overall. The coaches were pathetic in football and the school had money.