PDA

View Full Version : 17-3a

FB-fanatic
09-03-2013, 04:31 PM
Well week 0 is under our belts, and I have to admit, a few surprises along the way.

With China Spring and Robinson breaking in new QB's, folks thought this might be a tough year for the pair. But both QB's turned in above 300 yd passing games against Taylor and Mexia teams. CS win over Mexia was expected, but nice yardage a bit of a surprise. RR win over a talented Taylor team was impressive. CS should be challenged a bit more next week. Connally takes a lead into the 4th with under 2 min. vs defending 2a champ Cameron, only to give up the win late. They are a strong team, as expected.

Lorena takes a 2nd half 23-8 lead against a physical Madisonville, and finish with a 30-22 win. Not overpowering, but a win while staying conservative. LV lost to Palestine not exactly a surprise, but know LV is always tough.

Looking forward to Week 1 for the group.

Rocket Man
09-03-2013, 10:08 PM
I wish our non-district games were against better competition but it is what it is. Come district time it will be a whole new ball game....pun intended (I get so few chances to be punny).