PDA

View Full Version : Wimberley (1-0) @ Giddings (1-0)

Tejastrue
09-02-2013, 10:14 PM
Texans hope to avenge a home loss to the Buffaloes last year as they travel to Giddings for a Friday night showdown. 7:30 start time. Should be another great game.

Manso/V8
09-02-2013, 10:23 PM
I thought you were going to let us see how people voted on Wimberley polls?

Tejastrue
09-02-2013, 10:27 PM
haha..I don't think you ever responded to the question. All I can say is there were at least 20 people that voted right.

regaleagle
09-03-2013, 01:36 AM
Before I vote on this particular game, I'd like to hear about each team....I'm leaning toward Wimberley but only because I really don't know much about Giddings this season.

buff4ever
09-03-2013, 07:59 AM
As nice as it is when you get to Wimberley, I am glad that you guys are coming our way this year. After last week, I feel that if the buffs can improve in a couple of areas, and then not drop good opportunites (drop perfect passes when open); we will find ourselves in position to win this good match up at home.

LHPfactory
09-03-2013, 08:56 AM
This game will be interesting, the Buffs D did a great job of busting the ball lose last Friday. I think this will be a good game and answer some questions for both teams.

panfan
09-03-2013, 09:33 AM
Or did we just do a poor job of holding on to it. Giddings has a good team - they don't drop some of those passes that they did and some of those plays turn into big gains. However, like us they made mistakes. Only scored one offensive TD. If they can correct the issues in the red zone, then I think they beat Wimberley. I expect Wimberley D to be stout, simply because it always is. Don't have anything to base off of for offense. I think this game will be close separated by a field goal. Two quality teams in an early season battle.

rb585
09-03-2013, 12:29 PM
So Giddings had TDs on a long pass, a KO return, and a fumble return against LH and won by 1 point?

Isn't this two years in a row they've made out like bandits with a W over LH?

rb585
09-03-2013, 12:30 PM
Does City Meat Market really close at 5:30??!?!??

If so...:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

panfan
09-03-2013, 12:39 PM
So Giddings had TDs on a long pass, a KO return, and a fumble return against LH and won by 1 point?

Isn't this two years in a row they've made out like bandits with a W over LH?

They had 1 TD from a long pass, one KO return, difference on points made up by field goals when we held them out of the endzone. Yep got the W in a squeaker, just like last year, sucks for us - good for them.

1st and goal
09-03-2013, 01:53 PM
Does City Meat Market really close at 5:30??!?!??

If so...:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Recommend their sausage and pork. Might call ahead and see what they have before you get here.

1st and goal
09-03-2013, 02:06 PM
Our speed gives us advantages where we need it. We just need to capitalize on it. Last weeks game was a nail biter and frustrating at times for both sides. Early year mental mistakes. As our linemen gel and become cohesive, our QB can expect longer looks downfield. He can sling it pretty good for a soph. Our D was quick, and made many errors, but got stops and looked better as the game went on. Some of last weeks fumbles by LH were caused by mishandled handoffs, but some were caused by some hard hits. I have to say that was the most fumbles I've seen since the Dallas Cowboy preseason game a couple of weeks ago. LH will definitely get better as the season gets better.

I will also add that I didn't see any cramping for the Buffs. The young men seem to be in great shape. Even after long returns or pass plays, for the most part they stayed in the game the following play. This is a big improvement over last year's team IMO. They didn't even take a fan to the LH game and it was HOT!!! LH had at least 1 big mist fan blowing and I guess we don't travel with one.

It looks like Wimberley's preseason schedule will be as tough or tougher than their district schedule. Waiting to see how big Lambert is this year. Is he healthy?

YTBulldogs
09-03-2013, 03:18 PM
Damn, they make mist fan's? We are poor. Here, we have a couple box fan's, and each week we let a different 3rd grader get involved and squirt water into the blades via a water gun. Gotta tell Kornegay of these mist fan's ya'll speak of. Walmart carry them?

Best wishes, and stay healthy in this one.

Txbroadcaster
09-03-2013, 03:49 PM
I will also add that I didn't see any cramping for the Buffs. The young men seem to be in great shape. Even after long returns or pass plays, for the most part they stayed in the game the following play. This is a big improvement over last year's team IMO. They didn't even take a fan to the LH game and it was HOT!!! LH had at least 1 big mist fan blowing and I guess we don't travel with one.
?

Crampimg has nothing to do with being in shape..it is about the staff making the sure the kids are properly hydrated not only game day but 48 hours before as well

Tejastrue
09-03-2013, 04:51 PM
Our speed gives us advantages where we need it. We just need to capitalize on it. Last weeks game was a nail biter and frustrating at times for both sides. Early year mental mistakes. As our linemen gel and become cohesive, our QB can expect longer looks downfield. He can sling it pretty good for a soph. Our D was quick, and made many errors, but got stops and looked better as the game went on. Some of last weeks fumbles by LH were caused by mishandled handoffs, but some were caused by some hard hits. I have to say that was the most fumbles I've seen since the Dallas Cowboy preseason game a couple of weeks ago. LH will definitely get better as the season gets better.

It looks like Wimberley's preseason schedule will be as tough or tougher than their district schedule. Waiting to see how big Lambert is this year. Is he healthy?

I was not at our 1st game so can't really say much. Per the roster in our paper Lambert is at 190. I seen him at the Burnet scrimmage and I can tell you he runs like he's 200 plus. Give him a head of steam and he is very difficult to bring down. Not unlike Colby Kelly from the last few years, just lower to the ground. We will test the secondary with a revamped receiving corp. Hopefully you guys will sling the ball a bit because we can use the work. I'll let the other Wimberley folk who made the Llano game hone in on this one.

Johnny Utah
09-03-2013, 04:55 PM
Crampimg has nothing to do with being in shape..it is about the staff making the sure the kids are properly hydrated not only game day but 48 hours before as well

In High School Football the staff can only do so much. The kids have to hydrate themselves. All of those 3A teams are well coached, and will be really good once it is said and done. I will be there Friday night in person. Was in Wimberley last year, great game. Hope it is again this year. The soph QB for Giddings is legit, he will blossom into a very good one. Travel safe and stay safe on the field.

Gone Fishing
09-03-2013, 09:00 PM
[QUOTE=Tejastrue;1758123]I was not at our 1st game so can't really say much. Per the roster in our paper Lambert is at 190. I seen him at the Burnet scrimmage and I can tell you he runs like he's 200 plus. Give him a head of steam and he is very difficult to bring down. Not unlike Colby Kelly from the last few years, just lower to the ground. We will test the secondary with a revamped receiving corp. Hopefully you guys will sling the ball a bit because we can use the work. I'll let the other Wimberley folk who made the Llano game hone in on this one.[/QUOTE

Actually Tejas I think your wrong on the running back (Lambert) I just wished Kelley would have looked up some times and quit trying to just run over people and make some kind of a move. I think West does that, and is faster, and sees the "whole" field. He is good, very good. Also, our secondary will be tested this week, IMO.

Tejastrue
09-03-2013, 09:44 PM
Okay GF...

Tejastrue
09-03-2013, 09:52 PM
Still never saw this video..

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?119173-Wimberley-Video-of-Giddings-Game-Homerism&highlight=Giddings

ogg
09-03-2013, 10:05 PM
[QUOTE=Tejastrue;1758123]I was not at our 1st game so can't really say much. Per the roster in our paper Lambert is at 190. I seen him at the Burnet scrimmage and I can tell you he runs like he's 200 plus. Give him a head of steam and he is very difficult to bring down. Not unlike Colby Kelly from the last few years, just lower to the ground. We will test the secondary with a revamped receiving corp. Hopefully you guys will sling the ball a bit because we can use the work. I'll let the other Wimberley folk who made the Llano game hone in on this one.[/QUOTE

Actually Tejas I think your wrong on the running back (Lambert) I just wished Kelley would have looked up some times and quit trying to just run over people and make some kind of a move. I think West does that, and is faster, and sees the "whole" field. He is good, very good. Also, our secondary will be tested this week, IMO.

Speed/moves of Micheal Buse and the power of Colby Kelly, , , ,worth the price of admission. LOL

wimbo_pro
09-04-2013, 08:27 AM
[QUOTE=Gone Fishing;1758181]

Speed/moves of Micheal Buse and the power of Colby Kelly, , , ,worth the price of admission. LOL

I know I might be biased...LOL....but I don't think he has quite the speed of Buse, but he certainly has some power to make up for it!!

techex95
09-04-2013, 10:37 AM

Do parents have any responsibility for their children anymore, or is it all on coaches?

Tejastrue
09-04-2013, 11:52 AM
Wow..no banter at all. What is wrong people??

buff4ever
09-04-2013, 03:02 PM
Buff42 gets on here and reads, but he don't know what to say I guess. Have seen him post on other threads, but must not have been at the buffalo game last week. Maybe we can get him back in the swing of things after this next game. Other than that, you are stuck with me and 1st and goal.

Can't wait to play you guys in giddings this week, that homerism in wimberley is hard to beat over there.:)

1st and goal
09-04-2013, 05:37 PM
Hey Buff4ever, you call your buddy refs to come do this game??? Just kidding. Buff don't have any ref friends, but he might know a yard marker or two.

Actually, we typically get the shaft when it comes to getting a break from the officiating. Maybe they are breaking off the shaft.....whatever.

1st and goal
09-04-2013, 05:46 PM
Just to let you Wimbo folks know, the Giddings Popo loves to shoot radar on 290 for the last 2 miles into town. Speed limit goes from 70 to 55. So, you heard it here for free on the downlow.

Also, if your Wimberley compadres buy up all the BBQ at the Meat Market, the Lost Pines BBQ is really good. It is down on 290 further into town on the right, a couple of blocks past the Sonic.

Or, if you get to the stadium early, the band is having a hamburger dinner fundraiser. Just walk over towards the high school and it should be down the hall before the gym (at the far end of the hall). I think it costs $6 or $7 bucks.

ogg
09-04-2013, 06:00 PM
Hey Buff4ever, you call your buddy refs to come do this game??? Just kidding. Buff don't have any ref friends, but he might know a yard marker or two.

Actually, we typically get the shaft when it comes to getting a break from the officiating. Maybe they are breaking off the shaft.....whatever.

I hear ya, our "homer" refs gave Wimberley no breaks agains Llano.

ogg
09-04-2013, 06:02 PM
Just to let you Wimbo folks know, the Giddings Popo loves to shoot radar on 290 for the last 2 miles into town. Speed limit goes from 70 to 55. So, you heard it here for free on the downlow.

Also, if your Wimberley compadres buy up all the BBQ at the Meat Market, the Lost Pines BBQ is really good. It is down on 290 further into town on the right, a couple of blocks past the Sonic.

Or, if you get to the stadium early, the band is having a hamburger dinner fundraiser. Just walk over towards the high school and it should be down the hall before the gym (at the far end of the hall). I think it costs $6 or $7 bucks.

Thanks for the heads up on the cops. Got a ticket the other day in Woodcreek doing 29 in a 25 MPH zone.

rb585
09-04-2013, 06:32 PM
Thanks for the heads up on the cops. Got a ticket the other day in Woodcreek doing 29 in a 25 MPH zone.

Seriously?

Where, on Woodcreek Drive?

Gone Fishing
09-04-2013, 09:21 PM
I hear ya, our "homer" refs gave Wimberley no breaks agains Llano.

Agree, no "homer" refs this past week! Somebody told me we had over 100 yds in penalties? Warren must have gotten San Antonio Refs...Lol.. and they thought Nelms was still coaching...

ogg
09-04-2013, 09:27 PM
Seriously?

Where, on Woodcreek Drive?

Brookhollow

ogg
09-04-2013, 09:40 PM
Agree, no "homer" refs this past week! Somebody told me we had over 100 yds in penalties? Warren must have gotten San Antonio Refs...Lol.. and they thought Nelms was still coaching...

The goofiest refs that I know are from San Antonio, esp. Wimberley's 07 playoff game in Gustafson stadium against South San Antonio West.

Tejastrue
09-04-2013, 10:53 PM
Brookhollow

LMAO...I got a ticket there 6-7 years ago for failing to make a complete stop before making a right turn. The motorcycle cop was parked in a residence driveway. He ended up writing the ticket on the property I lived on at the time. :eek:hahahaha

Tejastrue
09-04-2013, 11:05 PM
Buff42 gets on here and reads, but he don't know what to say I guess. Have seen him post on other threads, but must not have been at the buffalo game last week. Maybe we can get him back in the swing of things after this next game. Other than that, you are stuck with me and 1st and goal.

Can't wait to play you guys in giddings this week, that homerism in wimberley is hard to beat over there.:)

Now that's more like it with the banter. I have to say that we don't have the luxury of the stash funds for refs this year as in the past cus we are working on our athletic complex upgrades and all. I still say Wimberley by 14 and a 1/2 buffalo chips which equals to about 8 points. Go Texans!!

Manso/V8
09-04-2013, 11:36 PM
I think Giddings takes this one.

buff4ever
09-05-2013, 08:12 AM
These wimberley/giddings games are always good, it is hard to talk smack when this is the case.

How much has your new head coach changed stuff up, or has he stuck with what you guys have been doing for a while?

1st and goal
09-05-2013, 08:25 AM
Watch what you say, the bbq places might cook some "special" bbq cooked over a bed of hot buffalo chips for those wearing blue and red....

I was impressed by our defense last week. While LH got their yards, our D did make a few mental errors (to be expected), but they held when needed against a tough slot T. Which is a bruising task, especially in the heat. I think our D's speed, size and quickness will give Wimb's O a good match.

I expect more out of our offense this week. Hopefully the coaches will open another page in the playbook.

Our kicking game impressed me. We have another good kicker.

Better start hydrating the teams today. It will be hot.

1st and goal
09-05-2013, 10:25 AM
I predict 33-24 Giddings.

Snotbubbles
09-05-2013, 10:39 AM
Buff's better than last year, Wim not as good as last year:

Team speed rules here,

Buff's 40
WT 21

1st and goal
09-05-2013, 11:51 AM
I guess everyone's afraid to talk smack, biting their fingernails silently hoping their team will win this Friday.

Glad that y'all are the one's having to make the drive this year.

Tejastrue
09-05-2013, 12:11 PM

Team speed rules here,

Buff's 40
WT 21

Not sure why you think you know so much about us but I know for years you tried to sell us on a team from SA and that didn't go so well. At least I believe it was you.

bulldog82
09-05-2013, 12:22 PM
I predict 33-24 Giddings.

I thought ya'll had a good kicker. how did you come up with 33 ?

Tejastrue
09-05-2013, 12:30 PM
Watch what you say, the bbq places might cook some "special" bbq cooked over a bed of hot buffalo chips for those wearing blue and red....

I was impressed by our defense last week. While LH got their yards, our D did make a few mental errors (to be expected), but they held when needed against a tough slot T. Which is a bruising task, especially in the heat. I think our D's speed, size and quickness will give Wimb's O a good match.

I expect more out of our offense this week. Hopefully the coaches will open another page in the playbook.

Our kicking game impressed me. We have another good kicker.

Better start hydrating the teams today. It will be hot.

Hey now. That is why I always carry a change of shirt and hat for each road trip. Call it paranoia or just safe practice. lol

OL is a concern as it was this same time last year. Maybe moreso. Not sure Llano's running game was a good gauge for our D but they gained absolutely nothing so maybe it will balance out.

rb585
09-05-2013, 12:43 PM
Not sure why you think you know so much about us but I know for years you tried to sell us on a team from SA and that didn't go so well. At least I believe it was you.

Hey, he did pick us to beat Llano... by 1 point.

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?122603-Llano-Wimberley&p=1755283#post1755283

Snotbubbles
09-05-2013, 01:07 PM
Hey, he did pick us to beat Llano... by 1 point.

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?122603-Llano-Wimberley&p=1755283#post1755283

Yep, I picked ya'll vs. Llano. Why ya'll gang up when someone picks against ya all the time. :wave:? I seen both this year and last year WT teams, and no way they are as good as last year, YET. Maybe it comes out this Friday, but---don't think so. I just think it's too much to handle for the Texans, especially in Giddings.

rb585
09-05-2013, 01:52 PM
Yep, I picked ya'll vs. Llano. Why ya'll gang up when someone picks against ya all the time. :wave:? I seen both this year and last year WT teams, and no way they are as good as last year, YET. Maybe it comes out this Friday, but---don't think so. I just think it's too much to handle for the Texans, especially in Giddings.

I'm just yanking your chain.

We weren't very good this time last year, especially on D, and our starting QB was hurt. The O-line kind of scares me so far, but I think everything else looks OK-to-good. I fully expect that Giddings will get a couple of big plays on us, but we'll win if we play well.

ogg
09-05-2013, 02:35 PM

Team speed rules here,

Buff's 40
WT 21

Yeah bubbles you nailed it, cause our defense sucks this year. Our rushing D is a sieve, , , , I hope it’s only 40 pts. LOL

Snotbubbles
09-05-2013, 03:17 PM
Yeah bubbles you nailed it, cause our defense sucks this year. Our rushing D is a sieve, , , , I hope it’s only 40 pts. LOL

Them your words Ogg, not mine. I didn't say anything about sucking. I just don't see WT up to par, yet.

Los Owls
09-05-2013, 04:25 PM
Giddings over Texans....and i'm not talking about Houston either...Just luv HS football....Now,take it easy all you WiMbO wAcKoS,IT'S ALL IN FUN...Have a safe trip....:wave:

LHdog
09-05-2013, 04:52 PM
I just don't see Wimberley winning this game. Giddings all the way 31-14, too much speed.

rb585
09-05-2013, 05:23 PM
Giddings over Texans....and i'm not talking about Houston either...Just luv HS football....Now,take it easy all you WiMbO wAcKoS,IT'S ALL IN FUN...Have a safe trip....:wave:

Just a shocking prediction right there.

Los Owls
09-05-2013, 05:36 PM
Just a shocking prediction right there.
What's up rb585...Missed the all the wImBo WaCkOs....Time to have some FUN again...Goodluck..

Tejastrue
09-05-2013, 05:44 PM
I'm feeling especially good now that Lost Owls has picked us to lose. Texans by 14.

buff4ever
09-05-2013, 10:23 PM
buffs won both freshman and jv games

Corn Cob
09-05-2013, 10:31 PM
Texans by 10.

buff4ever
09-06-2013, 11:15 AM
Let's go. Come on game time.

I heard the meat market is already out of brisket at 11:15. Typical Friday, around Giddings. BBQ is gone, and getting ready to kick butt on the football field.

Safe travel Texan fans.

Tejastrue
09-06-2013, 01:09 PM
Best of luck tonight Giddings. Take it easy on us now. :D

Tejastrue
09-06-2013, 01:34 PM
Looks like this game will be Austin area KVUE's Friday Football Fever's game of the week.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/KVUEs-Friday-Football-Fever/110426762346567

1st and goal
09-06-2013, 01:36 PM
everybody drive safe.

1st and goal
09-06-2013, 01:37 PM
Looks like this game will be Austin area KVUE's Friday Football Fever's game of the week.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/KVUEs-Friday-Football-Fever/110426762346567

good deal,,,,air time!

buff4ever
09-06-2013, 02:06 PM
Best of luck tonight Giddings. Take it easy on us now. :D

You say that expecting to come over here and whip our arse, I sense your true feelings.

Should be a good game, looking forward to seeing the progress from last week to this week on our end; then we will see how the game turns out.

Did you eat some of that brisket this morning? That was about 30 minutes sooner than normal.

Tejastrue
09-06-2013, 03:06 PM
Unfortunately we have not made it there yet and eating brisket for brunch is just a little too much for me these days. lol.. I always expect the Texans to win but that's just the fanatic in me. This will be my first chance to see them this year in real game situations so I'm certainly looking forward to it. I meant it when I said good luck to you guys. It's going to be very hot again tonight. :flaming:

buff4ever
09-06-2013, 03:20 PM
Unfortunately we have not made it there yet and eating brisket for brunch is just a little too much for me these days. lol.. I always expect the Texans to win but that's just the fanatic in me. This will be my first chance to see them this year in real game situations so I'm certainly looking forward to it. I meant it when I said good luck to you guys. It's going to be very hot again tonight. :flaming:

Maybe we can catch one of those showers again today before the game, and then have good cloud coverage until dark. That would make for a nice climate.

catfish
09-06-2013, 07:47 PM
Texans score td in 1st qt recover kickoff,field goal try no good.

catfish
09-06-2013, 08:13 PM
Giddings recovers a fumble carries it in for a td 14-7 Texans.

catfish
09-06-2013, 08:30 PM
Wimberley kicks field goal leads 17-7 ,Giddings throws long td pass 17-14 Wimberley at the half.

catfish
09-06-2013, 09:32 PM
Wimberley 24 Giddings 14 in the 4th.

catfish
09-06-2013, 09:58 PM
Final Wimberley 26-Giddings 14

Pudlugger
09-06-2013, 11:26 PM
Congratulations to the Texans on a solid win.

Tejastrue
09-07-2013, 12:15 AM
Just got home. I want to share a few compliments for the Giddings team. First of all that QB can sling it and he's going to be very good. Very impressed with your defense and how they were poppin the pads to the very end. Some crazy plays for both teams. Bad snaps and missed opportunities for both sides. I like what I saw from Wimberley but we all know there is work to be done. All in all a nice win for the Texans.

Cam
09-07-2013, 01:11 AM
Just got home. I want to share a few compliments for the Giddings team. First of all that QB can sling it and he's going to be very good. Very impressed with your defense and how they were poppin the pads to the very end. Some crazy plays for both teams. Bad snaps and missed opportunities for both sides. I like what I saw from Wimberley but we all know there is work to be done. All in all a nice win for the Texans.

Congrats to the Texans!.....

Tejastrue
09-07-2013, 01:18 AM
KVUE coverage..

http://www.kvue.com/sports/friday-football-fever/game-of-the-week/Game-of-the-Week-Wimberley-vs-Giddings-222705491.html

rb585
09-07-2013, 05:00 AM
Our D played great -- i think everyone we lined up played well. Our o-line played a whole lot better than last week. Lambert was awesome. Brock McDormand looked like a legit threat at WR, which we never had last season. We've got a chance to be really good.

Giddings' starting RB didn't play in the second half, and that really slowed their O. Props to their D -- I kept expecting them to get discouraged in the 4th quarter and for us to get the kill shot, but they kept fighting. Never seen a D blitz that much.

1st and goal
09-07-2013, 08:55 AM
A good solid win for the Texans. They played great on both sides of the ball and special teams. Very few mistakes.

OTOH, the Buffs made plenty of early season mistakes. Not covering a kickoff at our 30 yard line. I lost count of the over thrown passes to open receivers. And how many times was our young QB sacked? I would guess close to 10. Much of this because of the Texans rush.

If our Oline can gel, and our young QB get his timing with the receivers refined, we'll be able to score many more points.

Congrats to the Wimberley players and coaches. I saw a good, hard fought, clean game last night. I pick you guys to win your district. Not by how good you played against us, but by how your whole team played as a unit on both sides of the ball.

Tejastrue
09-07-2013, 09:45 AM

Team speed rules here,

Buff's 40
WT 21

:wave: sorry..just couldn't resist.

Gone Fishing
09-07-2013, 10:05 AM
Our D played great -- i think everyone we lined up played well. Our o-line played a whole lot better than last week. Lambert was awesome. Brock McDormand looked like a legit threat at WR, which we never had last season. We've got a chance to be really good.

Giddings' starting RB didn't play in the second half, and that really slowed their O. Props to their D -- I kept expecting them to get discouraged in the 4th quarter and for us to get the kill shot, but they kept fighting. Never seen a D blitz that much.

Spot on RB.. D played great against the run and pressuring QB. Lambert ran very well and Drew is a nice complement to him. Mc Dorman has played great both games. He had the best hands last year too, but they never let him play as well as a couple other guys. Never understood that....

Giddings had open receivers, but their young QB has a long way to go. IMO. He only over threw (by a mile mostly) He can throw it a mile, but I have to steal a quote from Harvey Pennick - "There's a lot of long hitters in the woods"....He also was pressured big time though. I saw some improvement in DB's , saw a few new faces out there too......

O- line played a lot better also.

Great win!!!

Tejastrue
09-07-2013, 10:42 AM
Couple of nifty runs by Bull Lambert but for the most part it was power running. Not sure they should use him on a throw to the corner of the end zone though..the linebacker mentatlity took over when he probably could have caught the ball for the score. lol.. Did not realize that we had never won there until I watched the KVUE segment. That albatross is gone.

wimbo_pro
09-07-2013, 12:32 PM
I pick you guys to win your district. Not by how good you played against us, but by how your whole team played as a unit on both sides of the ball.

Thanks 1st and goal. I believe winning the district is well within our capabilities, I also believe a deep play off run is also possible (emphasis on possible) with the talent we have. It would appear Coach Warren is as good as I hoped. I know its early, but hell, he is 2-0 with great improvement from game 1 to game 2...you couldnt ask for a lot more. I look forward to seeing what he does when we are down and struggling and we need to rally late in a game. Thats the sign of a good coach.

1st and goal
09-07-2013, 04:03 PM
Thanks 1st and goal. I believe winning the district is well within our capabilities, I also believe a deep play off run is also possible (emphasis on possible) with the talent we have. It would appear Coach Warren is as good as I hoped. I know its early, but hell, he is 2-0 with great improvement from game 1 to game 2...you couldnt ask for a lot more. I look forward to seeing what he does when we are down and struggling and we need to rally late in a game. Thats the sign of a good coach.

I saw a vanilla playbook with really good execution, especially on blocks. Not saying anything, but if and only if we could've connected on a few of those long passes....:bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:

wimbo_pro
09-07-2013, 04:07 PM
I saw a vanilla playbook with really good execution, especially on blocks. Not saying anything, but if and only if we could've connected on a few of those long passes....:bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:

At this stage in the season, execution trumps.

ogg
09-07-2013, 09:52 PM

Yeah? Wimberley left some points on the field as well.

ogg
09-07-2013, 09:57 PM

Agree, you pretty much summed it up. I will add our kicker is improving week by week, hey I like that dudes shoes. :)

Tejastrue
09-07-2013, 11:54 PM
Agree, you pretty much summed it up. I will add our kicker is improving week by week, hey I like that dudes shoes. :)

Didn't our kicker miss 2 FGs?

ogg
09-08-2013, 12:08 AM

Yeah but he was close, hit the pole on one.

Gone Fishing
09-08-2013, 11:29 AM
The kid has a pretty good foot. I'm no kicker, but it seems he rushes just a little bit and he pulls it. Maybe he will learn to stay set just a split second longer before he moves towards the ball....Of course then he will miss it to the right...LOL

Manso/V8
09-09-2013, 02:56 PM

How far out were the kicks?
Has he made any FG's yet?
How is he doing on extra points extra points?

Is it the kicker or the snap and hold?

Tejastrue
09-09-2013, 06:33 PM
Seriously?

Gone Fishing
09-09-2013, 09:04 PM
Seriously?

+ one LOL

Manso/V8
09-09-2013, 10:47 PM
Seriously?

No, not really, but kinda.

The Wimberley faithful were really drilling down and getting in to the minutia and I thought I would help.........plus I am really, really trying to take my Wimberley game poll votes seriously and be as subjective as possible.