PDA

View Full Version : FW Nolan Catholic @ Argyle

regaleagle
09-02-2013, 02:28 PM
This will be the home opener for Argyle against a very formidable opponent. Fort Worth Nolan Catholic has run off 3 State Championship titles in a row in the TAPPS Division I. They have teams like Plano Prestonwood, Argyle Liberty Christian, and Trinity Christian-Addison in their district. They have defeated teams like Ft. Worth All Saints, Midland Christian, Houston St. Pius X enroute to those titles. This is a top-rated team in TAPPS, without question. Somehow, they did lose to Crowley(8-4A) 35-34 last week...I don't know anything about that game. All I know is Argyle beat them at their house last season and they will be charged-up coming into Argyle this week to make amends. Does anyone know anything about this team this year? How about it Matt?

orange machine
09-02-2013, 02:36 PM
Easy win for Argyle, Nolan is down.

Matthew328
09-02-2013, 02:36 PM
Nolan lost to Arlington Seguin a week ago 29-28..they led most of the game.....from what I've been told they are not quite as strong as they were a year ago....Crowley beat Kennedale last week 42-41

regaleagle
09-02-2013, 02:55 PM
Yeah, I just found that score again on Lone Star Gridiron. I couldn't find anything about Arlington Seguin, except that they'll probably be DII in 15-4A. I guess they're just a run of the mill 4A team. They did have about a 1675 enrollment, though.

orange machine
09-02-2013, 03:00 PM
I told you Argyle folks y'all might not get a real challenge until the 3rd or 4th round of the playoffs. That can be good or bad!

Matthew328
09-02-2013, 03:04 PM
I think Kennedale may be able to test Argyle...I plan on being at that game

regaleagle
09-02-2013, 03:09 PM
I don't know how you could say Nolan Catholic is "down" when DCTF has them as the top-rated team coming into this season. So far, all we know is that a 4A 1675 enrollment Arlington Seguin beat them in a game they led most of the way. Their program and credentials speak for themselves. They may be down from last season...they may not be. It's too early to tell so far. I would say Argyle better be ready, regardless. This is a dangerous team. It won't be a cakewalk, imo.

orange machine
09-02-2013, 03:13 PM
If Argyle plays their game this wont be much of a game. Argyle by 21+

regaleagle
09-02-2013, 03:13 PM
I told you Argyle folks y'all might not get a real challenge until the 3rd or 4th round of the playoffs. That can be good or bad!

So your opinion of FW Nolan Catholic is less than Plano Prestonwood, huh? And Argyle Liberty Christian? And TCAddison? and what about Kennedale in Week 3 at their house? What about your Celina Bobcats with Elliot at the helm....don't they count?

Okay, I get it now.....the Argyle coaches just scheduled a bunch of "cream puffs" to make the team's record look good.

orange machine
09-02-2013, 03:19 PM
So your opinion of FW Nolan Catholic is less than Plano Prestonwood, huh? And Argyle Liberty Christian? And TCAddison? and what about Kennedale in Week 3 at their house? What about your Celina Bobcats with Elliot at the helm....don't they count?

Okay, I get it now.....the Argyle coaches just scheduled a bunch of "cream puffs" to make the team's record look good.

Heck no im not saying that at all. I don't think any of those teams are in the same league as Argyle this year. I think Argyle could make a deep run in 4a this year.

Calm down regal let me express myself first don't jump the gun!

regaleagle
09-02-2013, 03:26 PM
Hey Orange....you were wrong about our O-line. Argyle DID have the new move-ins playing last week. Mike Castle(275 lbs.) from Marcus, and the Keller kid playing. What you saw in the scrimmages was "platooning". Argyle is pretty deep this season and has like 15 sophs. on the varsity...and 30 seniors.

The Keller kid is a junior....I forget his name.

orange machine
09-02-2013, 03:29 PM
Hey Orange....you were wrong about our O-line. Argyle DID have the new move-ins playing last week. Mike Castle(275 lbs.) from Marcus, and the Keller kid playing. What you saw in the scrimmages was "platooning". Argyle is pretty deep this season and has like 15 sophs. on the varsity...and 30 seniors.

Ok im just going off what the Argyle people said was the starters and that came from one of the starting linebackers father.

orange machine
09-02-2013, 03:35 PM
Hey where can we see some game pics from Argyles game last week?

regaleagle
09-02-2013, 03:49 PM
They did have one of big linebackers, Colton Hinnrichs, at tight end and he caught a pass or two. Of course Sadler was playing everywhere, and punted too. They even had our All-State safety Conner Wilson playing some offense at split out and running some motion plays. He gained a few yards as well. So the skill players are Boyzuick at qb(204 yds passing), Sadler(117 yds receiving) at multiple positions, Wilson at wide-out, Hinnrichs at TE(receiver/blocker), and Puccierello at receiver. There's a few more guys that also can be a factor for the offense, but those appear to be the main go-to guys so far. The defense is totally loaded with experience...very deep.

regaleagle
09-02-2013, 03:52 PM

Heck, I don't know....I'm over here in Fredericksburg. The Argyle fans aren't like the Celina fans...they just don't do all that stuff. Sometimes MaxPreps has some game pictures on their site, but I haven't seen any so far.

orange machine
09-02-2013, 03:58 PM
Heck, I don't know....I'm over here in Fredericksburg. The Argyle fans aren't like the Celina fans...they just don't do all that stuff. Sometimes MaxPreps has some game pictures on their site, but I haven't seen any so far.

The argyle sports boosters used to be good about the pictures but nothing new on their site.

regaleagle
09-02-2013, 04:00 PM
They did have one of big linebackers, Colton Hinnrichs, at tight end and he caught a pass or two. Of course Sadler was playing everywhere, and punted too. They even had our All-State safety Conner Wilson playing some offense at split out and running some motion plays. He gained a few yards as well. So the skill players are Boyzuick at qb(204 yds passing), Sadler(117 yds receiving) at multiple positions, Wilson at wide-out, Hinnrichs at TE(receiver/blocker), and Puccierello at receiver. There's a few more guys that also can be a factor for the offense, but those appear to be the main go-to guys so far. The defense is totally loaded with experience...very deep.

OOPS.....How could I forget our main cog at RB Nick Ralston(94 yds). He's a junior, 6-2, 215 lbs this year(4.6-40)....a real beast to bring down.

Matthew328
09-02-2013, 04:01 PM
Nolan's down....there's no question about it....they lost to an average Arlington Seguin squad and they struggled in their scrimmage against 4A South Hills...they lost some talent from last year's team....they are still solid but not at last year's level

orange machine
09-02-2013, 04:03 PM
OOPS.....How could I forget our main cog at RB Nick Ralston(94 yds). He's a junior, 6-2, 215 lbs this year(4.6-40)....a real beast to bring down.

He is definitely good kinda crazy for a kid that big to run so lightly on his feet. He reminds me of a rabbit hopping from side to side when he runs.

ccmom
09-02-2013, 05:26 PM

http://www.wyliesports.com/

orange machine
09-02-2013, 05:42 PM

Hey reagal I just got through looking at the pictures of the Argyle Aw game that ccmom posted and those are the same linemen that started in the scrimmage against Prosper so I wasn't wrong after all.

regaleagle
09-02-2013, 06:58 PM
Yeah you were. I heard the game broadcast and they were calling Mike Castle's name and talking about both of the move-ins on lots of plays. Besides, you said our 0-line was smallish, and I don't call anything over 230 smallish, much less 275 like Castle. Now the center is a senior and only about 215, but he's experienced and is flanked by some beefy boys. Not to worry though, you'll get a first-hand look at them when ya'll come to Argyle to play us in Week 10.

regaleagle
09-02-2013, 07:04 PM
Many thanks to ccmom for providing the photos of this game.

orange machine
09-02-2013, 07:32 PM
Yeah you were. I heard the game broadcast and they were calling Mike Castle's name and talking about both of the move-ins on lots of plays. Besides, you said our 0-line was smallish, and I don't call anything over 230 smallish, much less 275 like Castle. Now the center is a senior and only about 215, but he's experienced and is flanked by some beefy boys. Not to worry though, you'll get a first-hand look at them when ya'll come to Argyle to play us in Week 10.

At no time did I say the line was small that was tge Argyle people saying the line was smaller than usual. Here was our conversation.

*Originally Posted by*regaleagle*Okay, here's what Argyle has on the front O-line this season:Matt Hiter, Jr. 265 lb. tackleMatt Waggoner, Jr. 6'0 260 lb. guardHayden Hood, Sr. 6'0 215 lb. centerMichael Castle, Sr. 6'0 290 lb. guard*Zach Hass-Benson, Jr. 275 lb. tackleArgyle's roster this season consists of 30 Srs., 10 Jrs., and 15 Sophs. Depth is better than most of the competition, and platooning will be used heavily. Many players will see action all season.

This is my response below to you.

Reagal im not trying to argue with you, but the Argyle oline is not that big. The left tackle is the tallest kid and he is 6'2 tops and about 230lbs. I know the center and right guard arnt but about 5'10 if that. The heaviest linemen might be 275 at left guard. I know this because when they scrimmaged Prosper last week I was down on the field and they were not that big. As a matter of fact I was talking to some Argyle folks who were talking about how much smaller the o and dlines are this year.*If you got that from a roster sheet coaches always fudge the numbers. Celina has a few players on the roster who gained about 10 or 15 lbs overnight.

orange machine
09-02-2013, 07:37 PM
Then this was said notice i said the line isn't small.

*Originally Posted by*regaleagle*I got it from a Denton County Football mag. that had all the area teams, rosters, and articles in it online. The Waggoner kid is a move in this year from Keller. Mike Castle at guard is from FM Marcus. Hiter, Hood, and Benson played last season. There's some other linemen that platoon with some of these guys that you probably saw. Maybe the coaches were looking at various mixtures of the O-line in the scrimmages you saw. If I had a 290 lb. lineman from FM Marcus, I think I'd try to play him. Same for the Waggoner kid that moved in from Keller. Maybe they need to learn the blocking schemes a little more that our offense runs....I dunno. This is the line the mag. had. I'm sure they got that info. from the Argyle coaches and this mag just came out last week, I believe.

My response

Yea that's not surprising I figured it came from some type of Roster the coaches put out. Don't get me wrong the oline is not small, but they are no where close to the size that magazine is saying. If I remember right I would say both tackles are about 225 to 230, Lg is probably 5'10 275, C and Rg are around 5'10 215ish. Those are the linemen with the 1st offense. Those guys were the biggest of the linemen.

regaleagle
09-02-2013, 07:37 PM
If this heat keeps up, the whole line will be dropping 10-15 lbs. by this Friday, lol. I think that Mike Castle has already lost about 15 lbs. but he could afford to.

orange machine
09-02-2013, 07:46 PM
By the way that is the same linemen that started against prosper.

The Lg is a big red headed kid thats probably 5'10 275 new move in.
The C is about 5'9 5'10ish 215
The Rg and center are about the same size.
Both Tackles are the tallest on the line Lt being the bigger one.

I know what I saw at the Prosper scrimmage and what I see in the game pictures those are the same olinemen that started in the scrimmage. I never said they are small, but they are no where near the size you posted.

I feel like you think im attacking Argyle and that's so far from the truth, I think Argyle is probably the best team in 3a.

orange machine
09-02-2013, 07:47 PM
If this heat keeps up, the whole line will be dropping 10-15 lbs. by this Friday, lol. I think that Mike Castle has already lost about 15 lbs. but he could afford to.

I hear ya.

BLACK ATTACK
09-02-2013, 10:18 PM
OK, here is the real scoop on the Argyle offensive line.

Matt Hiter 6'4" 260lbs
Mike Castle 6'1" 302lbs (475 Bench, 750-800lb Squat)
Hayden Hood 6'0" 220lbs
Matt Wagner 6'1" 210lbs
Jett Monroe 6'1" 200 lbs

Unrelated Footnote: I read somewhere in one of these threads that our safety Jimmy Manos was still around. Jimmy graduated last year.

BLACK ATTACK
09-02-2013, 10:31 PM
http://www.wyliesports.com/

Thanks for the link. I bought a few photos. By the way, how is #20 doing?

ccmom
09-03-2013, 06:07 AM
Thanks for the link. I bought a few photos. By the way, how is #20 doing?

I'm told that he's good and that it was a bad stinger. It was definitely scary at the time.

Good luck to Argyle the rest of the season.

The Herd
09-03-2013, 08:36 PM
the Left tackle is 6'3 and 250, the left guard is 6'0" and 295, the center is 6'0" and 225, the left guard is 5'11" and 235, the left tackle is 6'1" and 210.

orange machine
09-03-2013, 11:30 PM
I don't know if you Argyle folks have realized this yet, but everyone of you has had a different size for the linemen lol.:crazy:

regaleagle
09-03-2013, 11:34 PM
I think it depends on which player is being plugged into that position, lol.

orange machine
09-03-2013, 11:43 PM
I think it depends on which player is being plugged into that position, lol.

Im just ribbing you guys.

regaleagle
09-03-2013, 11:53 PM
Well, I looked it up and evidently Nolan Catholic has an enrollment that hangs around 1000 students, according to their website. The MaxPreps roster shows 43, but it could be as many as 50 with any that were added later. It appears that they passed for about 127 yds. last week against Arlington Seguin, and ran for about 264. DCTF has them rated as #1 in TAPPS DI, ahead of Midland Christian and Prestonwood(and Ft. Worth All Saints). I don't think anybody knows at this juncture which of these teams is the best.

BEAST
09-04-2013, 09:57 AM
Well, I looked it up and evidently Nolan Catholic has an enrollment that hangs around 1000 students, according to their website. The MaxPreps roster shows 43, but it could be as many as 50 with any that were added later. It appears that they passed for about 127 yds. last week against Arlington Seguin, and ran for about 264. DCTF has them rated as #1 in TAPPS DI, ahead of Midland Christian and Prestonwood(and Ft. Worth All Saints). I don't think anybody knows at this juncture which of these teams is the best.

I dont know which one is best but I can tell you, All Saints is for real.

BEAST

The Herd
09-04-2013, 08:50 PM
I'm the oline coach, so my sizes are legit.

ccmom
09-04-2013, 10:02 PM

the Left tackle is 6'3 and 250, the left guard is 6'0" and 295, the center is 6'0" and 225, the left guard is 5'11" and 235, the left tackle is 6'1" and 210.

So everybody plays on the left?? Dangit!! Why didn't Sandifer notice that and run all our plays to the right?!?! ;)

Welcome to the board. Y'all have a great team this season. Best of luck!

Tejastrue
09-04-2013, 11:13 PM
Dang..I remember the days when DHJ would expect Nolan to be a win on the schedule...so,so long ago :weeping:

orange machine
09-05-2013, 12:08 AM

Well your sizes maybe right, but you sure don't know your left from right lol!!! I Hope you don't drive the bus to the games? :eek: