PDA

View Full Version : Ingleside @ George West

99IHSMustang
09-02-2013, 01:45 PM
This game was close to the very end last year. From what I have read GW looks to be rebuilding this year. They have Gary Davenport back on their coaching staff. I hope to see Ingleside's offense much improved from last week. It didn't look so well. Their defense is definitely ahead at his point.

YTBulldogs
09-02-2013, 02:02 PM
I'side by 17, 30-13 over GW.

MUSTANG69
09-02-2013, 07:52 PM
As bad as Ingleside's offense looked at times the Mustangs still had over 400 yards against Refugio. If they get things clicking it should be a 28+ point win for Ingleside. Can't have 5 turnovers this week though.

99IHSMustang
09-02-2013, 08:41 PM
As bad as Ingleside's offense looked at times the Mustangs still had over 400 yards against Refugio. If they get things clicking it should be a 28+ point win for Ingleside. Can't have 5 turnovers this week though.

I was surprised to see that they had over 400 yards. It just seemed very uncharacteristic for Ingleside to have that many turnovers.

YTBulldogs
09-02-2013, 09:10 PM
I was surprised to see that they had over 400 yards. It just seemed very uncharacteristic for Ingleside to have that many turnovers.

We topped ya'll:(

I think both recover in that department this week 99.

99IHSMustang
09-02-2013, 10:25 PM
We topped ya'll:(

I think both recover in that department this week 99.

I like the confidence.. :thumbsup:

pancho villa
09-03-2013, 09:24 AM
Just get the ingleside Mom's to spit Copenhagen in the eyes of the GW players and it will be a blowout.

99IHSMustang
09-06-2013, 08:12 AM
Game Day! Good luck tonight Stangs.

99IHSMustang
09-07-2013, 11:19 AM
Here is my assessment of the game last night. During the first qtr. Ingleside had quick and consistent drives. The Offensive line was following their blocking assignments and the WR's were running some nice slants. The defense was just flat out killing GW's run game. The special teams were horrible. The opening kickoff was taken into GW's territory and was brought back on what I believe was a holding penalty. Still in the 1st qtr. Ingleside has a nice punt return for a TD and was brought back on blocking in the back which was a questionable call.

Now we enter the 2nd qtr. and Ingleside has a 65 yard punt return for a TD and it was called back on blocking in the back which again looked questionable. Several minutes later Ingleside gets in the end zone on a run and then comes a holding call about 4 seconds after several of the refs call a TD. At this point, anytime Ingleside score's a TD whether through special teams or through offense it gets brought back. The remaining couple of minutes of the 2nd qtr. the offense began to sputter.

That then continued into the 3rd and 4th qtrs. The o-line appeared to be missing blocks and allowing the GW defense to penetrate and disrupt the run game. At this point, GW was doubling up on one of Ingleside go to receivers (#7 Trent) and the QB was still trying to get it to him. Terrance Robinson was not suited up for this game. So now Ingleside was not really moving the ball through the air or the ground.

The final score for Ingleside came on a run. As the RB was getting into the end zone, he was stripped and it was recovered by Ingleside. Throughout the game, Ingleside was intercepted twice and fumbled 3 times of which 1 was lost.

Overall the defense was an A+. I believe they may have held GW under 150 yards total offense. The offense was a C+. They had too many turnovers and had too many penalty yards. The special teams play was a C+. Again, they had too many penalty yards even though some calls were questionable. More areas need improvement and hope to see them next week against Odem.

YTBulldogs
09-07-2013, 01:27 PM
Here is my assessment of the game last night. During the first qtr. Ingleside had quick and consistent drives. The Offensive line was following their blocking assignments and the WR's were running some nice slants. The defense was just flat out killing GW's run game. The special teams were horrible. The opening kickoff was taken into GW's territory and was brought back on what I believe was a holding penalty. Still in the 1st qtr. Ingleside has a nice punt return for a TD and was brought back on blocking in the back which was a questionable call.

Now we enter the 2nd qtr. and Ingleside has a 65 yard punt return for a TD and it was called back on blocking in the back which again looked questionable. Several minutes later Ingleside gets in the end zone on a run and then comes a holding call about 4 seconds after several of the refs call a TD. At this point, anytime Ingleside score's a TD whether through special teams or through offense it gets brought back. The remaining couple of minutes of the 2nd qtr. the offense began to sputter.

That then continued into the 3rd and 4th qtrs. The o-line appeared to be missing blocks and allowing the GW defense to penetrate and disrupt the run game. At this point, GW was doubling up on one of Ingleside go to receivers (#7 Trent) and the QB was still trying to get it to him. Terrance Robinson was not suited up for this game. So now Ingleside was not really moving the ball through the air or the ground.

The final score for Ingleside came on a run. As the RB was getting into the end zone, he was stripped and it was recovered by Ingleside. Throughout the game, Ingleside was intercepted twice and fumbled 3 times of which 1 was lost.

Overall the defense was an A+. I believe they may have held GW under 150 yards total offense. The offense was a C+. They had too many turnovers and had too many penalty yards. The special teams play was a C+. Again, they had too many penalty yards even though some calls were questionable. More areas need improvement and hope to see them next week against Odem.

who won and score?

rb585
09-07-2013, 01:37 PM

You wrote 600 words about the game didn't give the final score? :doh:

Tejastrue
09-07-2013, 01:49 PM
28-7 Ingleside

YTBulldogs
09-07-2013, 02:02 PM
28-7 Ingleside

Thanks tt. I was too lazy to look it up. Congrats on ya'lls big win too.

Tejastrue
09-07-2013, 02:26 PM
Thanks tt. I was too lazy to look it up. Congrats on ya'lls big win too.

Thank you sir. I have a friend down in Mustang land so I didn't need to look it up. lol

99IHSMustang
09-07-2013, 03:30 PM

that was a fail on my part. haha... :doh:

YTBulldogs
09-07-2013, 07:18 PM
Thank you sir. I have a friend down in Mustang land so I didn't need to look it up. lol

Thank him then:)

YTBulldogs
09-07-2013, 07:19 PM

:fnypost: