PDA

View Full Version : Know anything about Bridgeport this year?

slingshot
09-02-2013, 12:28 PM
We (Wylie) play them there Friday night... wondering what they have and what to expect. Our offense really struggled (understatement) against Argyle, defense overall looked a little better. I predicted this team would struggle early then come on later in the season... we remain a work in progress.

orange machine
09-02-2013, 12:31 PM
We (Wylie) play them there Friday night... wondering what they have and what to expect. Our offense really struggled (understatement) against Argyle, defense overall looked a little better. I predicted this team would struggle early then come on later in the season... we remain a work in progress.
Don't sell yourself short Argyle is loaded and it may not be that y'all are all that bad as much as they are just that good.

toddg
09-02-2013, 03:06 PM
first off, their new turf is greatness..i always have liked their stadium..offensively, they will sling the football around.their QB Cook seems alot more poised this year..we put a lot of pressure on him, and he didnt get too rattled..they have work to do with their run game, but that was expected with the loss of Huerta.
defensively..they are scrappy, especially at LBs and secondary. our RB had 342 yds rushing on 35 att. w/5 TDs against them..we also turned the ball over 5-6 times..so defense is very oppurtunistic...as expected the Bulls dont quit and play hard throuhout the game regardless the score..if Wylie lets them hang in there..they can sneak up on you

Matthew328
09-02-2013, 04:02 PM
Your offense will probably get well this week

regaleagle
09-02-2013, 05:15 PM
My guess is Bridgeport is a much better team than Alvarado and Argyle made them look like. They'll probably be one of those teams that makes big strides as the season progresses.

Bullaholic
09-03-2013, 10:20 AM
Thanks for all the votes of confidence in the Bulls, and compliments on the new turf. Alvarado has a fine team again this year with an especially strong rushing attack. The Bulls gave up nearly all of their points to the Indians on longainers, coming mostly on 3rd downs, and the Indians made some great play selections and executed well. The Bulls lack execution on offense---all of the elements to make the Bull offense click are not coming together yet---but the signs of improvement are there. The defense did hit with some conviction, but their youth showed on the big plays when they were fooled. Time should help the defense, too. Best of luck to our friends from Alvarado this season.

slingshot
09-03-2013, 05:35 PM
Thanks for all the votes of confidence in the Bulls, and compliments on the new turf. Alvarado has a fine team again this year with an especially strong rushing attack. The Bulls gave up nearly all of their points to the Indians on longainers, coming mostly on 3rd downs, and the Indians made some great play selections and executed well. The Bulls lack execution on offense---all of the elements to make the Bull offense click are not coming together yet---but the signs of improvement are there. The defense did hit with some conviction, but their youth showed on the big plays when they were fooled. Time should help the defense, too. Best of luck to our friends from Alvarado this season.Wow. Just substitute " the Bulldogs" for "the Bulls" and "Argyle" for "Alvarado" and you hit the nail right on the head describing us... may be a very entertaining game.

slingshot
09-03-2013, 05:39 PM
Don't sell yourself short Argyle is loaded and it may not be that y'all are all that bad as much as they are just that good.Very true. They are impressive. If they don't at least make it to the Semi's (if not win a Championship) I'll be shocked. Spoke with one of our assistants--He said Argyle was VERY good... but we made them look even better with some terrible execution and ball control. We will get better... if you know Coach Sandifer you know this is true.

defense51
09-03-2013, 06:37 PM
I think the main weakness for the Bulls is their line play on both side of the ball, we were able to win the line of scrimmage all night long. The Bulls have some good athletes, and #10 (I think) made two great catches for td's in double coverage against us. If they can get better blocking they will chalk up some wins and surprise a few teams.