PDA

View Full Version : D-25 ??????

speedbump
09-01-2013, 06:58 PM
Teams hope for improvement each week,but he biggest leap teams make is usually between the first and second game. Coaches finally get to see the guys under real game speed and pressure. Bellville started out the way they should have and will remain -good. Royal and Needville were and will be ...well, Royal and Needville. The other four teams hope to solve some problems before Friday. Did EC get it's sloppy offensive play out of the way and will they now show some consistency and decent O line play? Will Wharton be able to find a RB to replace the fine one they lost to injury? With a new coach and scheme who are the Sealy Tigers this year and how will they fair against the challenge they have this week? Like Sealy,Columbus won their first game under a new coach with a new system and like Sealy, they face a much stiffer test this week. How will they handle it? Most of these questions should be answered Friday night. It's gonna be an interesting week one for D-25.

maestro
09-01-2013, 07:38 PM
Wharton's lone rushing td came from the Rogers kid.

A transfer last year that due to the former school no signing off on him, played junior varsity. He will get his shot in the next few games to shine.

Weebe
09-01-2013, 09:34 PM
El Campo's got plenty of work to do of they want to advance in the playoffs.

Spanish Camp
09-02-2013, 08:16 AM
EC will contiunue to improve. You can always count on that.

There where some bright spots for the Birds.

Pudlugger
09-02-2013, 08:19 AM
I don't think any of this is unique for D25 at this point in the season. Pretty much every team in 3a is going throw a shakeout and debugging process right now. If these teams are still having these issues in week 5 well, that would be concerning.

speedbump
09-02-2013, 03:19 PM
I don't think any of this is unique for D25 at this point in the season. Pretty much every team in 3a is going throw a shakeout and debugging process right now. If these teams are still having these issues in week 5 well, that would be concerning.

Yea but I'm only interested in 25 and to some extent 26. If EC doesn't get it done by week five they can expect to get beat by Bellville. The biggest jump should come this week with steady improvement as the season moves along. EC and Bellville may have done an about face with the Brahmas going strong all year this year and EC gaining momentum later into the season and into the playoffs. This week we should see flashes of what all teams will become.

speedbump
09-02-2013, 03:26 PM
EC will contiunue to improve. You can always count on that.

There where some bright spots for the Birds.

Yup,the D looked pretty good. Held Waller to 14 total yards in the second half. Being the arm chair coach I am, I want to see Flagg and Dove in the backfield together full time and the only Srs. I want to see on the O line are Tsika and Nielsen. (that's why I make the big bucks)

Manso/V8
09-02-2013, 09:54 PM
Super high hopes among the Bellville faithful this year and even the head coach seemed very optimistic in a Bellville Times article last week.
There are a lot of skilled players returning on offense and a few on defense.
The general consensus is that offense will be pretty good and how the defense performs will determine how well the Brahmas do this year.
The last two years, since Rowe has been at the helm, he has put together a impressive defense utilizing kids in spots that most fans wouldn't have thought about.
I think part of it comes from his years at the 2A level where he had to work with fewer numbers, and that experience gave him the ability to see potential in kids that most would not.
His first year, we were real strong against the run, and not so strong against decent passing teams.
Last year, we were more susceptible to the run, but real strong against passing teams, even shut down the Navasota vertical passing game. W+e did have a couple of really talented speedsters, but those two, and the others in the secondary really got it done with smarts and discipline. That didn't happen right away, it really gelled in the latter part of the season.

We face Kinkaid this Friday, which will be a huge challenge. They have some very good, D1 level athletes and run a pretty good spread. It is really going to be a test for our secondary for sure.
I am not super confident we will come out with a win, but I am sure we will come away with some lessons learned.

I am not convinced that Bellville has the upper hand in D25, I think that EC will be reloaded by the time the Ricebirds come to town.
It will be fun.