PDA

View Full Version : Liberty's Pre District?

noitall
02-08-2004, 11:11 PM
I'm not totally sure on every game but I heard we have Stafford, Bridge City, Silsbee, and Coldspring. Not to sure who else. Sounds like the same games we have had for a few years though. Wish we coulda played a team like Orangefield or Anahuac this coming season.

OHSwr19
02-08-2004, 11:30 PM
How is libertys team gonna look this coming up year? I play for Orangefield and our pre-district games are, lumberton, lcm, east chambers, buna, and galena park.

Matt
02-09-2004, 07:47 AM
When is Liberty gonna step up and play Dayton in preseason, we need to get that rivalry going again

sahen
02-09-2004, 03:19 PM
Matt:
When is Liberty gonna step up and play Dayton in preseason, we need to get that rivalry going againthey would if u guys werent so dang good....they dont wanna be demoralized at teh beginning of the season....i'd like to see liberty and dayton start but i believe it wouldnt be much of a rivalry...a 4a power vs. a good 3a team would be a big blow out most likely...(i mean stuff happens but in all likelyhood thats how it would go)...plus isnt dayton getting really close to 5a now? y dont they step up and play say..Baytown Lee or Sterling (dont laugh i know they suck i went to school there)...but yah Baytown is only 30 or 20 min. from Dayton depending on who u get behind on 146...

noitall
02-09-2004, 10:37 PM
OHSwr19:
How is libertys team gonna look this coming up year? I play for Orangefield and our pre-district games are, lumberton, lcm, east chambers, buna, and galena park.It's going to be tough to tell. We return some of our skill people such as Quarterback, our best running back, and recievers but only our center returns on the offensive line. Defense will return all the defensive line, 1 linebacker and both of our cornerbacks. I think the main problem may be that we lost alot of our size on the offensive line. How about your Orangefield team? As for playing Dayton I don't see it happening. Liberty will stay about this same size for years and Dayton probably will be 5A before to long. You guys have to many hosses for us.

AggieJohn
10-11-2004, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by Matt
When is Liberty gonna step up and play Dayton in preseason, we need to get that rivalry going again
when yall stop growing

theonly11
10-11-2004, 09:59 PM
people who dont play for liberty shouldnt answer for liberty so much. we would play dayton in a heart beat if it was up to us, but it isnt. we believe that we can play with any team at any given time. we have never been afraid to play anyone and wont start any time soon. I think with it being a rivalry and everything the games would be a lot closer than people think. we played dayton in eighth grade and lost only by a two point conversion 34-32, and we werent even developed as football players yet. who knows, maybe in a few years the rivalry will be reinstated and we can start back up the battle of the trinity

AggieJohn
10-11-2004, 10:33 PM
yes you can play any team at any time, but you don't want to play dayton, especially right now...

plus if you played any team at any time we wouldn't be able to know your schedule

Eagles52
10-11-2004, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by theonly11
we played dayton in eighth grade and lost only by a two point conversion 34-32, and we werent even developed as football players yet. who knows, maybe in a few years the rivalry will be reinstated and we can start back up the battle of the trinity

So by that way of thinking, Barbers Hill beat Liberty by at least 31 points the first time and then something like 27 the second time we played them in eighth grade, so does that mean we would stomp Dayton now, althought I feel like we can play with their team this year, we would get no where close to stomping them. Does it mean Liberty is going to lay down and let us win this year on the last game of the season b/c they know they cant play with us after the 8th grade beatings we put on them, no way...I just can't believe you just brought up 8th grade football as if it still applies...and also the only official at that 8th grade game between liberty and Dayton, at least from the stories I heard, was Liberty's AD...and he might be a little partial

Jody
10-12-2004, 06:42 AM
Dayton would kill Liberty. Dayton has always had a good team, they play very hard. Got off to a slow start this year, but they have really turned things around. Liberty is not that good this year, or next, or next, or next.