PDA

View Full Version : Brownwood?

rb585
08-31-2013, 11:59 PM
Extremely quiet?

:wave:

BwdLion73
09-01-2013, 12:03 AM
Enjoying your labor day weekend? I don't understand.

Razorback88
09-01-2013, 12:26 AM
Brownwood had an exceptional group in 2010-however their programs not on the level of the top tier teams in Region 1. A lot of Lion fans think the program is going to win state every year. B'wood's chance was in 2010. They'll still win 10 games every 5-6 years but I've seen frosh and jr high talent and Bwood has leaner years coming

BwdLion73
09-01-2013, 12:32 AM
So was that what he meant by extremely quite?

bwdlionfan
09-01-2013, 12:34 AM
I've seen frosh and jr high talent and Bwood has leaner years coming

Brownwood's freshmen teams are very good.

Tin Cup
09-01-2013, 09:36 AM
Everyone in Brownwood knows why our team will struggle big time early this year and trust me we have a few really good teams on the horizon. I actually think our record and how much we will struggle now will be good for us come district/playoff time.

Neckroll Nation
09-01-2013, 09:40 AM
I can hear it already the Private schools recruit! Hey Brownwood you got throttled! Maybe a Neckroll would help the boys get tough!!!!

toddg
09-01-2013, 09:54 AM
Go Brownwood Lions!!
Envy their Tradition, Respect their Legacy!!
Sorry, but meeting and talking with Coach Wood as a youngster made a lasting impression on me..

cookiemonster
09-01-2013, 10:06 AM
Don't let the big loss fool you! Alot of 3A teams would be blown out by them and on top of that Brownwood supposedly had quite a few players (6-7) out for discipline reasons. We need to stop playing the private schools in non district competition in my opinion. How can public schools fight like he!! to keep them out of UIL but then turn around and schedule games with them or invite them to your track meets! Doesn't make sense to me!

orange machine
09-01-2013, 10:15 AM
Don't let the big loss fool you! Alot of 3A teams would be blown out by them and on top of that Brownwood supposedly had quite a few players (6-7) out for discipline reasons. We need to stop playing the private schools in non district competition in my opinion. How can public schools fight like he!! to keep them out of UIL but then turn around and schedule games with them or invite them to your track meets! Doesn't make sense to me!
I guess because it awesome competition and can show you a lot about your team.

bwdlionfan
09-01-2013, 10:39 AM
I can hear it already the Private schools recruit! Hey Brownwood you got throttled! Maybe a Neckroll would help the boys get tough!!!!

Let me guess, Brownwood has stomped your team several times in the past? Who is your team?

cookiemonster
09-01-2013, 11:12 AM
Orange Machine, I believe there are plenty of public schools that can provide the same opportunities for your program!

Ville-D
09-01-2013, 12:15 PM

6 to 7 Starters out for discipline reasons?

Tejastrue
09-01-2013, 12:33 PM
wow rb585..why?? do you have kin-folk there?

hollywood
09-01-2013, 12:47 PM
6 to 7 Starters out for discipline reasons?

Yes. Coach Howard is a great coach and has done the right thing. Kids make bad decisions and have to learn consequences for their actions. Happened in the Spring from what I was told.

hollywood
09-01-2013, 12:51 PM
Brownwood will be fine by district. I know they have some really good young talent coming up. Coaching staff is top notch. District 8 will get interesting with Burnet, Brownwood, Gatesville, Liberty Hill, Llano, Lampasas all in the mix.

Cam
09-01-2013, 01:02 PM
Brownwood will be fine by district. I know they have some really good young talent coming up. Coaching staff is top notch. District 8 will get interesting with Burnet, Brownwood, Gatesville, Liberty Hill, Llano, Lampasas all in the mix.

I agree....Brownwood is Brownwood is Brownwood!.....I'm also hearing a lot about Lampasas....Folks are ignoring them for the most part....but I'll bet not for long!...it appears they have a ton of speed.....Lamp has always had talent in the past....just never the right coaching IMO......

regaleagle
09-01-2013, 04:45 PM
It's not how you start but how you finish that counts most. A good start helps, but sometimes it takes a bumpy ride to break-in the new parts to get that smoother, more well-oiled result.

BwdLion73
09-01-2013, 06:31 PM
It's not how you start but how you finish that counts most. A good start helps, but sometimes it takes a bumpy ride to break-in the new parts to get that smoother, more well-oiled result.

Well we got our new parts broke in...LOL I'm afraid we have one more week of the same. I will say that it was good to see that no one quit, they hit all the way till the end. When you see 10 sohps. and a freshman on the field you just got too smile.

I think a resolved and battle tested group will jel as the weeks toward district play starts.

Cam
09-01-2013, 07:38 PM
Well we got our new parts broke in...LOL I'm afraid we have one more week of the same. I will say that it was good to see that no one quit, they hit all the way till the end. When you see 10 sohps. and a freshman on the field you just got too smile.

I think a resolved and battle tested group will jel as the weeks toward district play starts.

.....don't gel too quickly now BwdLion73!......have em' wait until about Oct. 18th!!......:D

BEAST
09-03-2013, 10:07 AM
Brownwood had an exceptional group in 2010-however their programs not on the level of the top tier teams in Region 1. A lot of Lion fans think the program is going to win state every year. B'wood's chance was in 2010. They'll still win 10 games every 5-6 years but I've seen frosh and jr high talent and Bwood has leaner years coming

This isnt true at all. We have a lot of young talent coming up. I dont know where you saw them or how you come to the conclusion you have but you are wrong.

BEAST