PDA

View Full Version : Longhorn win over New Mexico Evaluation

Scoop27
08-31-2013, 11:28 PM
Horns played terrible first half and easily could have two more TDs after two turnovers and should have easily been 28-7.

Ash had two INTs-Horns moved the ball but stopped themselves and finished with 717 yards.

Short pass defense was questionabble as well as short punts in the third quarter. NM had tons of short passes throughout the game.
orns running game was pretty consistent with several ball carriers

Manny Diaz emptied his defense players bench in the third quarter when the game was decided.
McCoy played well in I think three possessions

orange machine
08-31-2013, 11:32 PM
Anybody know if Jake Raulerson is on the Roster or did they red shirt him?

Old Tiger
08-31-2013, 11:38 PM
Anybody know if Jake Raulerson is on the Roster or did they red shirt him?
pretty sure they are redshirting him

Weebe
08-31-2013, 11:52 PM
Thanks for the update. I don't know anyone who gets the LHN.

Old Tiger
09-01-2013, 12:04 AM
McCoy played well? I didn't know it was such a tough task to hand the ball off.

Aesculus gilmus
09-01-2013, 07:56 AM
McCoy played well? I didn't know it was such a tough task to hand the ball off.

McCoy is the QB of the future, so it's vital to give him some game experience. He's a true freshman, right? < /sarcasm>

cougartino
09-01-2013, 09:44 AM
Thanks for the update. I don't know anyone who gets the LHN.

I catch it at Buffalo Wild Wings 'cause I ain't paying extra for it. Besides, Asian Zing sauce is da bomb!

Old Tiger
09-01-2013, 09:47 AM
I catch it at Buffalo Wild Wings 'cause I ain't paying extra for it. Besides, Asian Zing sauce is da bomb!

I like Jammin Jalapeno...

But I also prefer Pluckers over all other wing places.

bwdlionfan
09-01-2013, 10:41 AM

Asian Zing, Carribean Jerk, Parmesan Garlic, and Honey BBQ

Tejastrue
09-01-2013, 12:28 PM
Horns played terrible first half and easily could have two more TDs after two turnovers and should have easily been 28-7.

Ash had two INTs-Horns moved the ball but stopped themselves and finished with 717 yards.

Short pass defense was questionabble as well as short punts in the third quarter. NM had tons of short passes throughout the game.
orns running game was pretty consistent with several ball carriers

Manny Diaz emptied his defense players bench in the third quarter when the game was decided.
McCoy played well in I think three possessions

Did you see the final stats on Ash? Yeah he had the two ints but that's just silly to only list the turnovers.

20-28 343yds 71.4 comp% 12.3 Y/A 4tds 207.2 QB rating

Macarthur
09-01-2013, 01:39 PM
NMS is pitiful. I'm not sure this was much of a guage. They have two good challenges ahead of them. If they come out of these with strong performances, I think we will know what kind of team they have.

TCU pretty clearly looked like the strongest big 12 team this weekend.

Manso/V8
09-01-2013, 02:47 PM
Was JFF at the game?

regaleagle
09-01-2013, 04:01 PM
Vegas had the spread at NMS+44 and were doing alot of nailbiting the whole game, haha. Texas did cover in the end....barely. But you can bet there was lots of $$$ put on the NMS side of that line for an opening game, lol. NMS scored first to extend the spread to 51 pts. right off the bat!!!:ack!:

Tejastrue
09-01-2013, 05:22 PM
NMS is pitiful. I'm not sure this was much of a guage. They have two good challenges ahead of them. If they come out of these with strong performances, I think we will know what kind of team they have.

TCU pretty clearly looked like the strongest big 12 team this weekend.

I'm not saying they are destined for glory but they beat a team they were suppose to beat and set a school record for total yardage in doing so. Forgot to mention Ash had nearly 100 yds of rushing. In spite of the slow start, Ash and company took care of business in dominatiing fashion. I don't believe there is another team in the country that can match the stable of RBs the Longhorns have to choose from. Got a taste of what Jalen Overstreet can do last night and that was nice to see. No team can be taken for granted and Rice is not exactly a world beater although they put 500 plus yards and 31 pts on the Aggies. I'm tired of people saying Ash is insignificant as far as the top QBs go and would not be suprised to see a major break out season for him. Just trying to give credit where credit is due.

Rabid Cougar
09-01-2013, 06:43 PM
Asian Zing, Carribean Jerk, Parmesan Garlic, and Honey BBQ

This is actually the most interesting post of the thread.

Macarthur
09-01-2013, 07:47 PM
I'm not saying they are destined for glory but they beat a team they were suppose to beat and set a school record for total yardage in doing so. Forgot to mention Ash had nearly 100 yds of rushing. In spite of the slow start, Ash and company took care of business in dominatiing fashion. I don't believe there is another team in the country that can match the stable of RBs the Longhorns have to choose from. Got a taste of what Jalen Overstreet can do last night and that was nice to see. No team can be taken for granted and Rice is not exactly a world beater although they put 500 plus yards and 31 pts on the Aggies. I'm tired of people saying Ash is insignificant as far as the top QBs go and would not be suprised to see a major break out season for him. Just trying to give credit where credit is due.

They did what they were supposed to in beating a heavily over matched team. We'll see how they've progressed over the next two weeks. Byu is not as strong as they have been but they play tough up there. And Mississippi is somewhat close physically.

Roughneck93
09-01-2013, 08:43 PM
Daje Johnson...:2thumbsup

Best player on the team.

ogg
09-01-2013, 09:03 PM
Daje Johnson...:2thumbsup

Best player on the team.

Give him some space and he can fly right?

Even with the big win, that first half is very concerning.

Roughneck93
09-01-2013, 09:31 PM
Give him some space and he can fly right?

Even with the big win, that first half is very concerning.

Yeah he was fun to watch.

Offensively, most of the first half was brutal to sit through. Once they got it going...:eek:

Like Mac mentioned in his post, BYU will be tough in Provo. It will be a good test for the O.

TheDOCTORdre
09-01-2013, 10:49 PM
I'm hoping that the 1st half can be attributed to the newness of the season and getting back into the swing of things, if not then the Horns maybe in some trouble

Roughneck93
09-02-2013, 03:44 PM
Horns keeping the retro helmets all year...

http://blog.chron.com/sportsupdate/2013/09/ut-football-notes-retro-helmets-here-to-stay/