PDA

View Full Version : Yoakum (0-1) @ Sinton (1-0)

YTBulldogs
08-31-2013, 02:40 PM
Could be a high scoring affair here on the turf. Both "D's" seem struggling at this point of season.

speedbump
08-31-2013, 03:30 PM
Sinton by 14.

Dog_e_styl
08-31-2013, 04:49 PM
No improvement yet from week to week. I said Yoakum would be 1-4 in non-dist and Columbus was the game I figured we'd win. :thinking: Please prove me wrong. Need some positive vibes to keep 'em motivated. Tough place to play for sure in Sinton, but--I think the Dog's conduct some serious business this entire week in preparing and getting out of town does them well. We stink playing at home. Another issue we have to address.

Yoakum 28
Sinton 27

sinfan75
08-31-2013, 05:26 PM
If ya'll ran the Slot T I'd pick ya hands down figuring you have a better D than Tuloso. Sinton D is suspect right now but I'm goin with Sinton because they playin at home. 35-25 Sinton

Ranger354
08-31-2013, 05:46 PM
Sinton wins this one at home. Coach Allen will have the defense and special teams in better shape this week.

YTBulldogs
08-31-2013, 05:57 PM
Yeah, good thing it's a road game. Playing at home is something else. Dunno why? My pick coming Weds. in this Pirate matchup.

Watched the Columbus game again for third time. How in the world did we lose this one, even with 7 or 8 TO's? LOL. Unlike Dog, believe or not, I see improvement each week. Not the fumbles though. They need that determination, ride the positive wave of emotions after scoring and refuse to lose when you have a weak team like Columbus on the ropes. Lines, DOMINATE the entire play. Several of them fumbles, looked to be against air. Amazing.

We all right!!!! Sinton will be much tougher than Columbus. Do what's on the back of the coaches cap?

Pudlugger
09-01-2013, 07:17 AM
This is a difficult game to call. After losing by a hair to Columbus at home with so many turnovers you have to think that the Bulldogs are not on their game yet and have more to show us. We don't know how well they can play with only that lack luster effort to go on. Sinton looks stronger at this point and has home field advantage. I'll say that the Pirates take this one but would not be surprised if a different Bulldog team shows up to get the win.

YTBulldogs
09-01-2013, 07:37 AM
This is a difficult game to call. After losing by a hair to Columbus at home with so many turnovers you have to think that the Bulldogs are not on their game yet and have more to show us. We don't know how well they can play with only that lack luster effort to go on. Sinton looks stronger at this point and has home field advantage. I'll say that the Pirates take this one but would not be surprised if a different Bulldog team shows up to get the win.

I can assure you 100% a different Bulldog team will appear in Sinton. Not sure it's enough still against a talented Pirate bunch.

bluecat
09-01-2013, 08:32 PM
This is going to be a difficult one to call, but the Sinton QB will be one of the best Qb"s that the dogs will face this year. Unless the dogs control him, it will be a long night. He is very accurate with his passes and has some very capable recievers and he"s even better scrambling with the ball. To win this game its going to come down to Yoakum controlling the clock and an outstanding defensive effort to control this potent offense. Hate to miss this game being its only 15 miles down the road but I cant miss the GP vs Alice game on friday night cause its going to be a slobberknocker for sure. Good luck to the Dogs!

YTBulldogs
09-02-2013, 01:23 AM
This is going to be a difficult one to call, but the Sinton QB will be one of the best Qb"s that the dogs will face this year. Unless the dogs control him, it will be a long night. He is very accurate with his passes and has some very capable recievers and he"s even better scrambling with the ball. To win this game its going to come down to Yoakum controlling the clock and an outstanding defensive effort to control this potent offense. Hate to miss this game being its only 15 miles down the road but I cant miss the GP vs Alice game on friday night cause its going to be a slobberknocker for sure. Good luck to the Dogs!

Yes bluecat, this will be a "tuffy". We now have 3 starters out (Blakeney, Jacobs, Thurmond) who happen to be secondary players. Triple-Yikes!!! Two are 2-way starters too (DB/WR,DB/RB-K). And facing this talented Pirates QB, it will be a great challenge for sure. We'll be ready.

SintonFan_inAustin
09-02-2013, 07:21 AM
Sinton run defense looked much improved from last season but the two scrimmages I saw them in was against spread teams. Slot T had Sinton defense not knowing where the ball went and gapping holes for the runner to run through to go along with some bad tackling. Coaching staff will figure out how to get their defense in a better position next time against a run oriented offense next time hopefully.

Sinton has some options on offense but its obvious who the main player is this season and rightfully so he can take over a game but Sinton has 4 games to find a few more good threats to use before district. Last year it was Handson, Garcia and Shedd that made three scoring threats.

SintonFan_inAustin
09-02-2013, 07:26 AM
Last season Sinton averaged 50 points at home and 30 points on the road.

Sinton started off with 61 points on the road now will see if the offense gets rolling at home also this season.

YTBulldogs
09-02-2013, 12:23 PM
Last season Sinton averaged 50 points at home and 30 points on the road.

Sinton started off with 61 points on the road now will see if the offense gets rolling at home also this season.

With the road improvement in scoring last week, ya'll might score 90 here at home.:1popcorn:

Ranger354
09-02-2013, 12:40 PM
With the loss of Shedd and Garcia the ball has been spread around a little more this first week it seems. Yoakum is a good team and we shall see how Friday plays out.

regaleagle
09-02-2013, 01:55 PM
I'm going with Yoakum in this one. I watched them in the playoffs last season and liked what I saw. I think this team can correct all those mistakes in one week. This time of year there are certain teams that can make serious progress from one week to the next. I think Yoakum has some talent and is that type of team. Go Bulldogs.

YTBulldogs
09-02-2013, 01:57 PM
With the loss of Shedd and Garcia the ball has been spread around a little more this first week it seems. Yoakum is a good team and we shall see how Friday plays out.

We will be a good team Ranger. Gotta get healthy, and shore up some weak spots before district. That said, we will be competitive Friday, and might sneak out a "W" down there. You turn the rock over 8 times like last Friday, your lucky to have a chance to still win a game as we had, regardless who your playing.

How you say it? That was just butt ugly.:doh:

MUSTANG69
09-02-2013, 07:59 PM
Sinton 21+

buff4ever
09-03-2013, 08:53 AM
I think that Yoakum can win this game, but I am hearing a lot of we got guys out, and we aren't there yet, and oh sinton is a good team. So even though I think Yoakum is talented enough to win this game, for some reason my gut is telling me that Sinton will pull this one out.

bd62
09-03-2013, 06:21 PM
We will be a good team Ranger. Gotta get healthy, and shore up some weak spots before district. That said, we will be competitive Friday, and might sneak out a "W" down there. You turn the rock over 8 times like last Friday, your lucky to have a chance to still win a game as we had, regardless who your playing.

I think Yoakum has the best skill kids I seen since late 70's when
They had deep runs for 2 yrs losing in semi- finals to Bellvillr in 77
What a waste it they don't figure out the formations that will be scary
For dist opponents. They have 4 guys who can take it to house . By far the
Best is "9 and how they use him will make or break there season.
It they decide to use him at wide receiver and put him in motion teams dist
Teams can stop him because it limits his options . A good example of his impact
Is in the first 2 drives in second half of Columbus game they put him
In backfield and Columbus had no answer for this. Yoakum scored 2 TD in about
6 minutes. 10 plays for 150 yds. And "9 only carried 3 times but it opened up the offense
And " 33 had a 50 yd TD on short pass and "8 had 40 yd run and several other tough runs.
Cut out the fumbles , continue developing OL, and figure out formations that will take best
Advantage of these excellent skill people and Yoakum will be scary good.

bd62
09-03-2013, 06:22 PM

6 minutes. 10 plays for 150 yds. And "9 only carried 3 times but it opened up the offense
And " 33 had a 50 yd TD on short pass and "8 had 40 yd run and several other tough runs.
Cut out the fumbles , continue developing OL, and figure out formations that will take best
Advantage of these excellent skill people and Yoakum will be scary good.

YTBulldogs
09-03-2013, 07:42 PM
Advantage of these excellent skill people and Yoakum will be scary good.Tre still needs a breather, cause he plays both ways. And, bad news today from one of our starters MRI results. Hope the Dog's keep the season going, so this senior can return in 10 weeks and have another game in his career. Games still have to be played. Brought up some JV talent to get us though the next month or so, till the other 2 starters return. We'll be ok come district. Got to get these young ones some rep's in these non-district encounters and get them prepared for D26 play.

Looks like the 4077th M*A*S*H Unit over here bd.

bd62
09-03-2013, 08:06 PM
Tre still needs a breather, cause he plays both ways. And, bad news today from one of our starters MRI results. Hope the Dog's keep the season going, so this senior can return in 10 weeks and have another game in his career. Games still have to be played. Brought up some JV talent to get us though the next month or so, till the other 2 starters return. We'll be ok come district. Got to get these young ones some rep's in these non-district encounters and get them prepared for D26 play.

Looks like the 4077th M*A*S*H Unit over here bd.
I heard the JV has lots of good players so not surprised at that.
I known the kid you are talking about and his family for yrs and his uncle is my best friend . He played select baseball
With my GS from Cuero for several yrs . It make me sick when I heard about the severity of his injury.
Great family and great kid.

YTBulldogs
09-03-2013, 10:10 PM
I heard the JV has lots of good players so not surprised at that.
I known the kid you are talking about and his family for yrs and his uncle is my best friend . He played select baseball
With my GS from Cuero for several yrs . It make me sick when I heard about the severity of his injury.
Great family and great kid.
Yes bd, he is an awesome kid. One of my fav. You can't help but like him and his attitude. He was heart broke today when he got the news. On his birthday to boot. He was positive when I spoke with him and he assured me he will play another football game this year. Now, that's positive and belief in your team to get themselves into the playoffs for him. They could rally around this and make it a goal to get him another game.

We are having some bad luck with players getting hurt who happen to be baseball players too. Coach Nic getting extra concerned I bet seeing his baseball guys getting dinged up to this degree. The attitude on the team is good regardless. Yes, they are aware with these guys out, we are not the team we planned to be at this point. Nor should we be. Some good talent off your club in these guys. Entire secondary almost. But, they are looking at what will become as they filter back in starting hopefully with the homecoming game against Edna a couple weeks away, then a few weeks later, another might return first or second game of district, then--first week of playoff's getting the final 2-way starter back. It's really great they see this themselves and understand injuries are part of the game. Can tell they are seniors:)

I didn't foresee this deep of the booboo bug bite. Hold the fort down is all they can do and move on. Just breaks my heart seeing seniors go through this as these certain guys, busted tail in the off season and was looking so much to this special season.

Yes, our JV is very powerful this year. So, getting some help from them is a blessing. They'll do just fine filling in.

Ranger354
09-04-2013, 03:12 PM
This may be one of those games with who ever plays the best defense and who has the ball last wins. Even thought Sinton scored 61 last week they lacked speed. Wish Sinton had a couple of speedsters. Tyler did a fantastic job of moving the ball and spreading the passing attack.

Johnny Utah
09-04-2013, 04:58 PM
This may be one of those games with who ever plays the best defense and who has the ball last wins. Even thought Sinton scored 61 last week they lacked speed. Wish Sinton had a couple of speedsters. Tyler did a fantastic job of moving the ball and spreading the passing attack.

Both Head Coaches know each other well. Will be a great game pitting two very good programs against each other. Pirates win!! Reason......their new defensive coach, SWT LEGEND!!

SintonFan_inAustin
09-04-2013, 05:38 PM
Both Head Coaches know each other well. Will be a great game pitting two very good programs against each other. Pirates win!! Reason......their new defensive coach, SWT LEGEND!!

New defensive coach?

MustangFootball
09-04-2013, 11:18 PM
Sinton wins a tough game and pulls away late.

YTBulldogs
09-05-2013, 10:04 AM
I think whoever stops the run the best, win's this one. Dog's need to force Sinton QB out of pocket when he throws (kill's ya when in the pocket), and contain the corners if he keeps it after scrambling. Great runner too. Yoakum OL needs to stay with blocks and attack first after the snap. Just play a solid fundamental game is my hope. No TO's and come away healthy. We need to show improvement this week.

Dog's ready and excited to be playing at one of the best home field advantage stadiums around.

Johnny Utah
09-05-2013, 05:10 PM
I think whoever stops the run the best, win's this one. Dog's need to force Sinton QB out of pocket when he throws (kill's ya when in the pocket), and contain the corners if he keeps it after scrambling. Great runner too. Yoakum OL needs to stay with blocks and attack first after the snap. Just play a solid fundamental game is my hope. No TO's and come away healthy. We need to show improvement this week.

Dog's ready and excited to be playing at one of the best home field advantage stadiums around.

SintonFaninAustin, one of the new coaches on staff, defensive guru, SWT legend. Go Pirates!!

SintonFan_inAustin
09-05-2013, 09:23 PM
SintonFaninAustin, one of the new coaches on staff, defensive guru, SWT legend. Go Pirates!! Now just need a headset to relay the calls.

oh and Go Pirates!

Ranger354
09-06-2013, 12:59 PM
Slipped to page 2.... ???? My Grandson will be at this game and he is predicting Sinton to pull away in the 4th quarter.

YTBulldogs
09-06-2013, 01:33 PM
Slipped to page 2.... ???? My Grandson will be at this game and he is predicting Sinton to pull away in the 4th quarter.

A wise youngeon Ranger. Could very well happen. Sinton mighty talented this year for sure. Dog's prepared. Good luck, and let's have a good old game.

Ranger354
09-06-2013, 01:51 PM
Y'all have safe travels down here as well.

SintonFan_inAustin
09-06-2013, 09:00 PM
Sinton 28 Yoakum 14 halftime

2 big runs by Yoakum qb Heights. Speed!

Sinton stopped twice inside the 20 as they came up short both times.
SINTON QB with 4 tds.2 running and 2td passing to Nick Zepeda

SintonFan_inAustin
09-06-2013, 09:33 PM
Yoakum drives for a td to open 2nd half

Sinton qb Handson 91yd td run

Sinton 35 Yoakum 21 3rd qtr 7:30

SintonFan_inAustin
09-06-2013, 09:49 PM
Sinton good drive and stalls at the 11 yd line

Sinton forces Yoakum to punt

Sinton starts at thier 41

Sinton 35 Yoakum 21 start of the 4th

SintonFan_inAustin
09-06-2013, 09:57 PM
Sinton stop again this time at the Yoakum 5 yd line. 4 red zone stops for Yoakum

SintonFan_inAustin
09-06-2013, 10:01 PM
Sinton 35 Yoakum 21 6:20 4th qtr

Yoakum at sinton 44 with a 1st down

SintonFan_inAustin
09-06-2013, 10:05 PM
Yoakum td pass

Sinton 35 Yoakum 28 4:12 4th qtr

SintonFan_inAustin
09-06-2013, 10:11 PM
Yoakum forces a sinton punt with 2:25

Yoakum starts at thier own 41

SintonFan_inAustin
09-06-2013, 10:16 PM
3rd and 10 at sinton 41 with 1:24 left

Qb sacked

SintonFan_inAustin
09-06-2013, 10:17 PM
Interception on 4th and long

Sinton 35 Yoakum 28 Final

bd62
09-06-2013, 11:24 PM

Sounds like good game.Think Sinton a strong team so
Yoakum made lots of improvement over last week. Sinton
QB is a stud. Seen him in a playoff game as a freshman

Pudlugger
09-06-2013, 11:28 PM

Wow, good game for Sinton. It is apparent that Yoakum is gaining some momentum having played them very close.

Ranger354
09-07-2013, 12:09 AM
Would like to say these Yoakum boys are a class act. After the game they stood with the Sinton players as Sinton played its allmamater. Wish the Sinton boys would have shown Yoakum the same respect. Class act Yoakum!!!

YTBulldogs
09-07-2013, 02:32 AM
Congrats Sinton. Great game and best of luck rest of season. We gaining on it Dogs. It's coming. Yes, Pirate QB is a beast.

SintonFan_inAustin
09-07-2013, 08:24 AM
Congrats Sinton. Great game and best of luck rest of season. We gaining on it Dogs. It's coming. Yes, Pirate QB is a beast. Good game by both think only one fumble in the game so both teams made the other teams earned it. Good luck to Bulldogs rest of the season.