PDA

View Full Version : Am I being tested?

Old Tiger
08-31-2013, 02:22 PM
So my girlfriend and her parents are having a celebratory dinner tonight in honor of her passing her TeXeS exam for teacher certification. She knows I love football and all.

So basically she tells me I don't have to go because she knows its the first game of the season.

OldBison75
08-31-2013, 02:29 PM
The correct answer to that question is definitely YES you are being tested. If you love her you better be eatin with the family

Saggy Aggie
08-31-2013, 02:30 PM
So my girlfriend and her parents are having a celebratory dinner tonight in honor of her passing her TeXeS exam for teacher certification. She knows I love football and all.

So basically she tells me I don't have to go because she knows its the first game of the season.

Lol I bailed on my girlfriend today. Her brother is in town from NC for the weekend and I'm supposed to meet him. Told her no. Went and watched WC last night and stayed to watch the A&M game today

Old Tiger
08-31-2013, 02:38 PM
The correct answer to that question is definitely YES you are being tested. If you love her you better be eatin with the family
I told her I'd skip the game just to show her how much I care and love her but she said no it's fine.

Also went on a tangent about being glued together...she has to be cheating right?

speedbump
08-31-2013, 02:47 PM

Probably not a test at all. Her parents may well have told her not to drag that damn zero along,so she's going that route. Show em who's boss. Go to the dinner.

regaleagle
08-31-2013, 02:50 PM
If you're lucky, the Dad will turn on the game and you can both watch it after dinner while the women chat, haha. If not, at least you will have done your part in the relationship and know where it's going from here. One game does a season not make, so to speak, LOL.

Old Tiger
08-31-2013, 02:51 PM
If you're lucky, the Dad will turn on the game and you can both watch it after dinner while the women chat, haha. If not, at least you will have done your part in the relationship and know where it's going from here. One game does a season not make, so to speak, LOL.

It's on LHN, they are from Kentucky, and care about college basketball more. Plus most of his friends are Aggies.

It also should be noted that we have been together 3 years. Does length of relationship factor into it?

regaleagle
08-31-2013, 02:54 PM
Do you like to fish, OT???? There's lots of fish in the sea of women out there....just sayin'. This could be a major matchup problem, lol.

BwdLion73
08-31-2013, 03:05 PM
I could not help but smile when I read this thread. Yes you are being tested...but maybe not by her. If you think she is the one you better do everything you can to make her happy.

When you get 30 years down the road like me you can do what the hell you want.

DVR is a wonderful thing.

;)

maestro
08-31-2013, 04:16 PM
Probably not a test at all. Her parents may well have told her not to drag that damn zero along,so she's going that route. Show em who's boss. Go to the dinner.

Haha

That's a George Constanza !!!!!!!

1st and goal
08-31-2013, 04:33 PM
That's like planning your wedding on opening day of hunting season....

Can't tell you what to do, but do you have a DVR?

You should tell them to all meet at your favorite sports bar.

Mojo84
08-31-2013, 04:42 PM

Yes, big time test. You should turn it around on her and tell her if she loved you she wouldn't have scheduled her dinner when she did.

No no. Just kidding. Enjoy dinner and bite your tongue.

jason
08-31-2013, 07:51 PM
I was put into this situation, sort of, when my wife and I started dating. It was january and after a few months it was getting more serious and I had always told her dont make any plans for me from about the first of november through Christmas. Well low and behold she tells me I have to go to a wedding the wknd after thanksgiving and that I would be missing a playoff game featuring RG3. I went to the game and she still married me. She also knows not to make plans in nov/dec for me. :D

maestro
08-31-2013, 08:18 PM
So what did you decide?

And please bring back the girl on the dock!!!

bobcat1
08-31-2013, 09:58 PM
I told her I'd skip the game just to show her how much I care and love her but she said no it's fine.

Also went on a tangent about being glued together...she has to be cheating right?First thing is when she says "no it's fine", the no is the key word.

Cam
08-31-2013, 10:08 PM
It's on LHN, they are from Kentucky, and care about college basketball more. Plus most of his friends are Aggies.

It also should be noted that we have been together 3 years. Does length of relationship factor into it?

....someone has tolerated you for 3 years???......:doh:

Tejastrue
08-31-2013, 10:45 PM
Well..if she has seen this forum then she knows you lust after and are infatuated with pictures of celebrity women in provocative positions which probably makes her feel less appealing as a woman. I think it's just a matter of time.:dispntd: