PDA

View Full Version : Rockdale (1-0) @ Burnet (1-0)

Cam
08-31-2013, 12:38 PM
Home opener....grass field looking nice....Don't know much about Rockdale. Who can fill me in?

87 TIGER
08-31-2013, 12:52 PM
Last year Tigers won this one. I look for both teams to be a little better, should be a great game

FB-fanatic
08-31-2013, 01:46 PM
Leopards first round playoff opponent in 2012. They were physical back then with a talented QB, but he's gone now.

Cam
09-01-2013, 11:20 AM
Last year Tigers won this one. I look for both teams to be a little better, should be a great game

Snoopin' around....I hear Rockdale QB very fast....Big LB James David is a beast at 6'3" 220 plus!....and a big ol' lineman (last names starts with a "P" I think) 300+ lbs.!!.....:eek:......I'm still going with the Dawgs at home. They will play better than last week.....

BullDawgDad
09-02-2013, 03:54 PM
Home opener....grass field looking nice....Don't know much about Rockdale. Who can fill me in?

TheOldCoach 3A Regional Rankings - Week 1: Burnet is now 10th in region 1 http://t.co/eMKlXL0Yiw
@TheOldCoach #TXHSFB #TOC

cookiemonster
09-02-2013, 04:30 PM
This will be a huge test for the Bulldogs! Rockdale is very athletic and huge up front. It will be interesting to see what Burnet can pull out of their hat!!

Old Tiger
09-02-2013, 08:08 PM
Is Gibbs the QB for Rockdale?

Yoe_09
09-02-2013, 10:09 PM
Is Gibbs the QB for Rockdale?

He was the starter in the scrimmage with Robinson. http://www.krxt985.com/sports1.html

Tejastrue
09-02-2013, 10:21 PM
Burnet wins it this year. Dawgs take it by a left foot...

Manso/V8
09-02-2013, 10:25 PM
Going with Burnett in this one.

Dogman_1969
09-03-2013, 07:28 AM
yes Gibbs is QB. Great player and a better young man. He will play well.

buff4ever
09-03-2013, 08:03 AM
I predict that this will be a close match up. I lean towards burnet winning in dramatic fashion.

Cam, you should watch this one from the fence. Last week people told me you took up too many seats. Something about no one sitting winthing 15 feet of you. What is that all about?

panfan
09-03-2013, 09:37 AM
I predict that this will be a close match up. I lean towards burnet winning in dramatic fashion.

Cam, you should watch this one from the fence. Last week people told me you took up too many seats. Something about no one sitting winthing 15 feet of you. What is that all about?

Two weeks in a row I have to endure such pain and vote that the green team west of here wins, but I just don't see another outcome. Dang! Every stadium should have a special CAM zone with caution tape around it - for the protection of their own fans.

Cam
09-03-2013, 12:35 PM
Two weeks in a row I have to endure such pain and vote that the green team west of here wins, but I just don't see another outcome. Dang! Every stadium should have a special CAM zone with caution tape around it - for the protection of their own fans.

.....deep down panfan.....you know you have lovely feelings for the green and white!!....:D

panfan
09-03-2013, 12:42 PM
.....deep down panfan.....you know you have lovely feelings for the green and white!!....:D

I guess I inadvertently do - since I do fancy my wife and she does teach over there. But all that is out the door during football season. No Green and white allowed in the house. After that, who cares.

Cam
09-03-2013, 01:09 PM

....well buff...it's kinda like this: Ever since Greendawg convinced me to pick a fight with a woman school official from Marble Falls during halftime of the 2011 Burnet/Marble Falls game, even the good folks from Burnet have shunned the ol' Cam!....and I was just tryin' to protect our interests cause them Marble folks didn't like that all the player's dad's went on the field before the game to form a spirit line and greet their son's out of the tunnel...(a tradition we started that same year I believe).....turns out Marble folk didn't like what we did and wouldn't let us back on the field for the second half....Burnet dad's were fumin'!....course, I was already on the field with my media pass and standin' near 3 school officials....that's when Greendawg gave me the signal, I said something like, "Aww, they're just pissed cause they ain't winnin'"!..Burnet dad's started laughin', and it was on!.....had one lady get in my face in no time threatening to call police!......so close I could smell the hotdog pieces stuck between her teeth!...She said something like, "It ain't gonna be so funny when yo ass is in the back of a po-lice car!"....... The funniest part was when she signaled to the nearest officer who had been witnessing the whole thing and he replied, "Lady, I'm from Burnet!".........the boys came out of the locker rooms, noticed all the dad's were on the other side of the fence, and came towards them to greet them anyways!...Nothin' was gonna stop them from seeing their dads!.......they won the game that night..a perfect ending to this long and heated rivalry.........this minor incident got out with several bad versions of it....and now for some reason, even Burnet folks are scared of me!.....Gee thanks Greendawg!!......I may just have to move to Liberty Hill!!!!:eek::D....got any rooms for rent panfan??.........

Cam
09-03-2013, 01:37 PM
I guess I inadvertently do - since I do fancy my wife and she does teach over there. But all that is out the door during football season. No Green and white allowed in the house. After that, who cares.

...as well you should fancy the lovely Mrs. J.......what grade does she teach?...Wonder if she knows my boy?.......

panfan
09-03-2013, 02:03 PM
...as well you should fancy the lovely Mrs. J.......what grade does she teach?...Wonder if she knows my boy?.......

6th grade math - I think at the time you said your boy had Cranfield.

Johnny Utah
09-03-2013, 04:58 PM
Rockdale Tiger Boys win!! They will also get that BELL as well!!

Cam
09-03-2013, 06:01 PM

What BELL??.....:vrycnfsd:

panfan
09-04-2013, 07:59 AM
....well buff...it's kinda like this: Ever since Greendawg convinced me to pick a fight with a woman school official from Marble Falls during halftime of the 2011 Burnet/Marble Falls game, even the good folks from Burnet have shunned the ol' Cam!....and I was just tryin' to protect our interests cause them Marble folks didn't like that all the player's dad's went on the field before the game to form a spirit line and greet their son's out of the tunnel...(a tradition we started that same year I believe).....turns out Marble folk didn't like what we did and wouldn't let us back on the field for the second half....Burnet dad's were fumin'!....course, I was already on the field with my media pass and standin' near 3 school officials....that's when Greendawg gave me the signal, I said something like, "Aww, they're just pissed cause they ain't winnin'"!..Burnet dad's started laughin', and it was on!.....had one lady get in my face in no time threatening to call police!......so close I could smell the hotdog pieces stuck between her teeth!...She said something like, "It ain't gonna be so funny when yo ass is in the back of a po-lice car!"....... The funniest part was when she signaled to the nearest officer who had been witnessing the whole thing and he replied, "Lady, I'm from Burnet!".........the boys came out of the locker rooms, noticed all the dad's were on the other side of the fence, and came towards them to greet them anyways!...Nothin' was gonna stop them from seeing their dads!.......they won the game that night..a perfect ending to this long and heated rivalry.........this minor incident got out with several bad versions of it....and now for some reason, even Burnet folks are scared of me!.....Gee thanks Greendawg!!......I may just have to move to Liberty Hill!!!!:eek::D....got any rooms for rent panfan??.........

I'm sure someone has something on their back 40 you could hold up in.

Cam
09-04-2013, 09:08 AM
I'm sure someone has something on their back 40 you could hold up in.

:spitlol:.....If it comes with a pond, I'll take it!!..

BullDawgDad
09-04-2013, 03:17 PM
What BELL??.....:vrycnfsd:

He must have had his bell rung one to many times to know what BURNET DOESN'T HAVE A BELL!! I did have plans to build a cannon but alas it is against UIL rules. I do like things that go BOOM!! Just like Burnet will on Friday night. BOOM!!!

Yoe_09
09-04-2013, 03:29 PM

Unlikely.

Pudlugger
09-04-2013, 04:29 PM
From what I glean off this board Burnet has a pretty salty team this year. Rockdale looks like they will be in the mix too in their district. Two teams most likely playoff bound by week 10 meet in week one. Tough call but I'll go with the Bulldogs by 14.

Cam
09-04-2013, 07:26 PM
A few Burnet stats from last week's game:

Total yards: 569

QB - Kiser - 24 for 32 - 387 yards & 5 TD's
Receiving:
WR - Parisher - 6 for 151 yards, 2 TD's (18 & 69 yds.)
WR - Jones - 7 for 126 yards, 1 TD (31 yds.)
RB - Hafley - 6 for 55 yards
WR - Foster - 2 for 41 yards, 2 TD's (34 & 7 yds.)
WR - Johnson - 3 for 14 yards

Rushing:
Halfley - 15 for 101 yards, 1 TD (17 yds.)
Foster - 7 for 23 yards
Kiser - 4 for 31 yards
Campbell - 1 for 21 yards
McElroy - 1 for 6 yards

Cam
09-04-2013, 08:31 PM
The Daily Tribune (Marble Falls) article: http://www.dailytrib.com/2013/09/04/burnet-football-faces-athletic-rockdale-in-home-opener/

Cam
09-07-2013, 12:50 AM
From what I glean off this board Burnet has a pretty salty team this year. Rockdale looks like they will be in the mix too in their district. Two teams most likely playoff bound by week 10 meet in week one. Tough call but I'll go with the Bulldogs by 14.

Burnet - 20
Rockdale - 9

----- Nice call Pud!...You missed it by 3!....Here's my take on this game: For such a small town, Rockdale has a nice collection of really big kids! Game was 3-3 at the half....Rockdale self-destructed on silly penalties..false starts etc.......with a 3-3 game at the half, I had a feeling this game was Burnet's.......One thing I have noticed about Burnet, they don't tire easily!.....I'm gonna have to give credit to their new summer training program (company called SPEED KILLZ PERIOD).....Three of the Speed Killz trainers were standin' in the endzone cheering the Dawgs on.....that was nice of them to come and check out their finished product.....they really do care about the boys.....It really looked like Rockdale big boys just plain wore out!...they looked tired towards the end.....several went down with cramps.......not a single Burnet player had cramp issues.....they just kept comin'....QB Kiser made some big throws when he needed them......Kudos to Burnet O-line who fought Rockdale behemoths tooth and nail and gave Kiser time for the most part!...Kiser also did a nice job of scrambling when he had to.....Kiser sure does throw a nice ball!....Junior WR Cody Jones had a huge game....Sr. RB Halfley ran hard.....Burnet D bent but didn't break....With two Burnet defenders out with injuries, a few boys stepped up in their place......Kicker Huff can kick a country mile with a few field goals and several touch backs on kickoffs......
By district time, you folks in Rockdale's district 18-3A are going to have your hands full!!!.....That team is big in general and they should be in better game shape come district.......That 210 lb. RB is a horse!....and I really like QB Gibbs..Nice arm and elusive!....they sure love throwin' those quick outs!!!...Hard to stop for sure!......Tonight was definitely a battle....Both teams played hard.....Good luck to Rockdale although I doubt you'll need it!...

Next up for Burnet: Marble Falls.....it's time to "get outta Dodge" Mustangs!!!.....:foul:

Tejastrue
09-07-2013, 01:06 AM
Congrats on the win!!

Cam
09-07-2013, 08:52 AM
The Daily Tribune game report:

http://www.dailytrib.com/2013/09/06/fourth-quarter-drives-lift-burnet-football-team-over-rockdale-20-9/

LHdog
09-07-2013, 09:20 AM
It was a great win for Burnet. I watched the Rockdale team warm-up and I thought their size was impressive for a 3a team. That #72 was massive. I agree that conditioning was a big factor in the game. The big guys just wore down. One thing I couldn't understand was the 15 yd. cushion the Burnet DBs gave the Rockdale inside receivers. I'll bet 2/3 of Rockdales passing yds came on the hitch to the uncovered wide-out. I suspect Coach Dodge has made a note of that. Next week if the Grey kid gets that kind of cushion, it could be a long night for the Bulldogs.

Pudlugger
09-07-2013, 09:42 AM
Good solid win Burnet. Good luck next week against the MF Mustangs. Big game for both teams coming up.