PDA

View Full Version : Prayers for Gorman HS player

Ville-D
08-30-2013, 11:32 PM
Gorman player had to be care-flighted due to a head injury in their game tonight. Not sure of his name right now. I'll update as I find out details.

>–––\/–––<
Re-Ville-D

bobcat1
08-31-2013, 06:11 AM
Prayers said.

Pudlugger
08-31-2013, 07:24 AM
Prayers from La Grange.

defense51
08-31-2013, 07:54 AM
Prayers from Alvarado

zebrablue2
08-31-2013, 08:16 AM
Prayers said and sent!!!

#1 TEXAN
09-01-2013, 04:23 PM
Any updates?

Ville-D
09-01-2013, 05:46 PM
Any updates?

He (Jonatan Rivas) was released on Saturday. It was a grade III concussion. They care flighted him due to the length of time he was unconscious and he is probably done for the year.

Pudlugger
09-01-2013, 07:13 PM
He (Jonatan Rivas) was released on Saturday. It was a grade III concussion. They care flighted him due to the length of time he was unconscious and he is probably done for the year.

Very relieved to hear he was discharged home. The fact that he will out for the season shows how far we have progressed in understanding the medical implications and risks of concussions. It wasn't always like this. Back in 1962 while practicing on the jv team as nose guard an over exuberant huge tackle forearmed me in the back of the helmet after I beat him off the snap. Next thing I remember I was lying face down in the grass moaning with the coach's face up close in my facemask. After a minute or two when I was more alert he helped me up, called off the practice and that was it. It's just God's Grace that I didn't have any significant problems after what amounted to a Grade III concussion. Well, maybe if you ask my wife she might disagreed LOL.

zebrablue2
09-01-2013, 07:53 PM

Thanks for the update, glad to hear he is out of the hospital.