PDA

View Full Version : La Grange -49 Marble Falls -23

hookandladder
08-30-2013, 10:36 PM
This game was never in doubt , La Grange dominated 4A MF. MF in for a long year, maybe 1 win . Big difference at QB this year for MF, Grey kid was a non factor in game mostly because of sophomore QB. Lookout for LG, this team is seasoned and well coached.

Pudlugger
08-30-2013, 10:50 PM
The Lep o line totally dominated tonight opening huge holes for Filmore. Qb Davis played a very impressive game in his first start completing several clutch passes and scrambling for good yardage. Freshman Dobbins played sharp on defense coverage and sunk the dagger in on a 4th and 10 pass interception on the final Mustang drive at the 3. Filmore must have gained over 200 yards rushing with Hutchison sealing the victory on a 94yard td following Dobbins interception. The defense played very sharp with blitzing and effective pass coverage frustrating the Mustang offense preventing them from making the big plays they depend on so much with their hurry up no huddle spread offense and All State wr Grey. The Leps had only a couple of 5 yard penalties and a pass interference and one turnover (on a fumbled pitchout). This team came to play and were well prepared, more like a mid season effort than an opening game.

hookandladder
08-30-2013, 11:15 PM
No doubt with basically 10 starters on both sides of the ball returning, this team is seasoned and ready to rumble. With the RB's that we have this offense will be hard to stop, Davis did a great job at QB. The OL just dominated the LOS , Leps are loaded and ready.

Cam
08-31-2013, 01:18 AM
Nice!....congrats Leps!......all I gots to say is, "Get out of Dodge!".....hehehehe......I no like MF and vice versa!......

Pudlugger
08-31-2013, 07:04 AM
Nice!....congrats Leps!......all I gots to say is, "Get out of Dodge!".....hehehehe......I no like MF and vice versa!......

From the Bulldogs' showing against Fredricksberg my money is on Burnet when you guys meet up with the Mustangs in two weeks. The leps started the season well prepared and tuned up for the big win. Now they need to sustain the momentum and work to get better each week.

hookandladder
08-31-2013, 08:20 AM
La Grange had 450 rushing yards last night, that tells you what kind of OL we have this year. Ledwick was an animal last night on the OL , also he came in at NG on D and just blew up the center . The kid is just amazing strong and can move like a cat, this team is going to put up a lot of points this year. Also have to give props to our freshman DB , the Dobbins kid is way more mature then you would expect for a freshman on the field. A solid win for the Leps, now just continue to improve.

zebrablue2
08-31-2013, 08:26 AM
Congrats to coach Kates and the Leps! Looks like this is going to be a fun year for the Leps...

Cam
08-31-2013, 10:46 AM
Here's Daily Tribune report

http://www.dailytrib.com/2013/08/30/big-plays-hurt-marble-falls-in-49-23-loss-to-la-grange-to-open-season/

footballfine09
08-31-2013, 12:28 PM
Give credit to La Grange. They are a very good football team. They are just better than marble falls is at this point. Plain and simple. La Grange will make a deep run into the playoffs

hookandladder
08-31-2013, 12:37 PM
Give credit to La Grange. They are a very good football team. They are just better than marble falls is at this point. Plain and simple. La Grange will make a deep run into the playoffs

Long way to go but they did look good last night, I knew our offense would be hard to stop it was our D that really stepped up. Most all those guys on D have one full year under their belt and it showed last night, looking good so far.