PDA

View Full Version : Columbus 25. Yoakum 21

bd62
08-30-2013, 10:13 PM
7 turnovers by Yoakum did them under

Pudlugger
08-30-2013, 10:36 PM
Tough loss for the Bulldogs. Turnovers kill. Congratulations to the Cardinals and Coaches Valstro and Cauthern.

hookandladder
08-30-2013, 11:22 PM
That's crazy to have 7 turnovers , Columbus will not be that lucky next week. LG gonna welcome him back the right way, with a big L.

bd62
08-30-2013, 11:28 PM
That's crazy to have 7 turnovers , Columbus will not be that lucky next week. LG gonna welcome him back the right way, with a big L.

You right. Leps too much for Columbus. Gonzales and Lagrange very impressive tonite
Have not seen a score on Giddings or Smithville

zebrablue2
08-31-2013, 12:55 AM
Smithville got walloped big time!!

YTBulldogs
08-31-2013, 03:07 AM

8 TO's. 6 fumbles, 2 picks:(

No excuse to ever turn it over that many times, regardless. Good thing, you have a chance to right the wrongs next Friday. We lead here 21-7 mid way through 3rd too. Yuck!!!

regaleagle
08-31-2013, 04:57 AM
Better to iron out all the miscues and mental errors right off the bat, though. A loss this way in the very first game exposes the areas that need to be addressed by the coaches and worked on by the players if the team is to have a successful season.

YTBulldogs
08-31-2013, 02:30 PM
Heard several reviews from outsiders via PM here (not from either school that attended this game) that we had a formation, with certain personnel in it, that couldn't be stopped. They asked, why not keep using it? Cause we better have more options than just 1 for district. And, have some depth. I assure you, our ND games will be used to play everyone, even if we blow a game in doing so. I'm ok with it, if it makes us better come district.

Some younger "liners" here's your chance to win a starting spot. You win that spot on Monday, Tuesday, Weds and Thursday. Not Friday. Compete come Monday, and win a varsity starting spot if you want it. Practice I assure is about to become more intense and spot's up for grab's. That's a good thing IMO, for the team. Competition baby!!!!! They have the talent, I think some are taking their senior label, as a sign they can't be replaced. Wrong!!! Video does not lie.

Seen a younger player bragging about how he scored a TD on fb, it's all about the "team" results. If I lost in a crappy game like this, I'd not post on fb how good "you" did. He's young, and I bet it's already been addressed by the staff.

Still, 8 turnovers.:dispntd: Inexcusable, regardless who's out there. Period. I'm still stunned of this fact.:doh:

bd62
08-31-2013, 04:43 PM
Heard several reviews from outsiders via PM here (not from either school that attended this game) that we had a formation, with certain personnel in it, that couldn't be stopped. They asked, why not keep using it? Cause we better have more options than just 1 for district. And, have some depth. I assure you, our ND games will be used to play everyone, even if we blow a game in doing so. I'm ok with it, if it makes us better come district.

Some younger "liners" here's your chance to win a starting spot. You win that spot on Monday, Tuesday, Weds and Thursday. Not Friday. Compete come Monday, and win a varsity starting spot if you want it. Practice I assure is about to become more intense and spot's up for grab's. That's a good thing IMO, for the team. Competition baby!!!!! They have the talent, I think some are taking their senior label, as a sign they can't be replaced. Wrong!!! Video does not lie.

Seen a younger player bragging about how he scored a TD on fb, it's all about the "team" results. If I lost in a crappy game like this, I'd not post on fb how good "you" did. He's young, and I bet it's already been addressed by the staff.

Still, 8 turnovers.:dispntd: Inexcusable, regardless who's out there. Period. I'm still stunned of this fact.:doh:
I agree you want win a game with 8 turnovers. But when you have a formation with Tre Heights in backfield and you score
2 TD and about 150 yds in 10 plays why change untill Columbus can stop it.
That was half of Yoakum yardage in 2 drives. Non-dist games can make or break team morale also.

YTBulldogs
08-31-2013, 08:40 PM
I agree you want win a game with 8 turnovers. But when you have a formation with Tre Heights in backfield and you score
2 TD and about 150 yds in 10 plays why change untill Columbus can stop it.
That was half of Yoakum yardage in 2 drives. Non-dist games can make or break team morale also.

Can't disagree bd. But, also know we need more than Tre'. I can't recall the last time we had a back with 10-15 carry's in a game. We'll run 5,6,7 different RB's every game. One man show's don't happen here. You see those XBOX-like moves Tre' made on those runs? He is special and don't come around that often I know. But, you can't get him hurt before district either, just to win a ND game. I try to see the positives, and with these TO's, we still could of won. OL need's better stances, feet work, pick their heads up prior to snap and just get some nasty in them. Give Chase a chance to find a WR would be nice too. We are where we were a year ago. Same issue with our OL'ers, and we ended up pretty good on the line last year I think. We will be ok when it matters. Yes, a win would do wonders, especially for those fan's who are freaking out. LOL.