PDA

View Full Version : Stephenville vs Monterrey Prepa Tech 2013 Round 2!

hollywood
08-30-2013, 11:14 AM
Couldn't find a thread on this one.

Round 2 for these 2 teams! Who knows what MPT will bring this season. Jackets have a little revenge for the Mexicans going into this years game.

Listen live at 7:30.

http://www.kstvfm.com/

Gsquared
08-30-2013, 11:39 AM

Round 2 for these 2 teams! Who knows what MPT will bring this season. Jackets have a little revenge for the Mexicans going into this years game.

Good thing is a few of Prepa Tech's starters were up late watching thier kids 8th grade games last night so they might be a tad tired.

SHSBulldog00
08-30-2013, 11:52 AM

Didn't Tech back out recently?

garciap77
08-30-2013, 11:59 AM
Ville on this one! Is Hollywood still on the bandwagon?

toddg
08-30-2013, 12:02 PM

Remember the Alamo!! Remember Goliad!!! Remember the Immortal 32 of Gonzalas!!

hollywood
08-30-2013, 12:03 PM
Good thing is a few of Prepa Tech's starters were up late watching thier kids 8th grade games last night so they might be a tad tired.

Lol... wouldn't be surprised after talking to a MPT alumni at the game last year.

hollywood
08-30-2013, 12:06 PM
Didn't Tech back out recently?

Back out? From who?

SHSBulldog00
08-30-2013, 12:13 PM
Back out? From who?

I thought they were unable to play ya'll before. Something about expenses. Maybe it was someone else they couldn't play.

hollywood
08-30-2013, 12:23 PM
Ville on this one! Is Hollywood still on the bandwagon?

What do ya know, GP77 still puppy hurt from the thrashing they took in the quarter finals last year. We tried to tell ya that AW couldn't hang. The Ville had way too many weapons and totally destroyed AW! Some Rocket talk for ya. ;)

GP, you know the truth. You can't handle the truth!

Good luck to the bullpups tonight. Home venue should help. :taunt:

hollywood
08-30-2013, 12:27 PM
I thought they were unable to play ya'll before. Something about expenses. Maybe it was someone else they couldn't play.

Oh, well it wasn't expenses. They're a pretty elite private school in Mexico and money isn't an issue. I think it was the drug cartel threatening to charge them $10K to cross the boarder if they came by bus. They flew. Something like that.

garciap77
08-30-2013, 12:31 PM
LOL!!!!! Got you!!!! LOL This is a new season I don't care what happened last!!! Play ball!!!!! LOL!!!!

vtskneb
08-30-2013, 01:07 PM

It was the team from Texas they were going to play in 2011 that backed out. The legend about the cartel grew from there. No such thing occurred based on conversations I had with the coaching staff from Stephenville. They went 2-3 last year versus teams from Texas beating SA Wagner and Stephenville. Losses were to The Woodlands, Aledo and Highland Park. I believe they drove 5 straight weeks last year at a cost of around $75,000. I think they are quoted in the Fort Worth paper as saying they will look at trying to spread out the games so as to not put such a drain on their players. Based on what I saw last year, Stephenville should agree to play them every year because of the quality of play. They are solid football team that will smack you in the mouth.

Ville-D
08-30-2013, 02:33 PM
Stephenville 42
MPT 13

toddg
08-30-2013, 02:46 PM
Stephenville 42
MPT 13

I concur!

jason
08-30-2013, 03:01 PM
Stephenville 42
MPT 13

That's a lot of points for a team who has a freshman RB and a QB with no proven receivers to throw to.
Stidham can't throw to himself ya know!

Grahamerica
08-30-2013, 03:22 PM
Did anybody's reliable source find out which team is making the trip?

defense51
08-30-2013, 03:26 PM
Stidham can't throw to himself ya know! Do we need to revoke the Superman comparisons?

Ville-D
08-30-2013, 03:57 PM
That's a lot of points for a team who has a freshman RB and a QB with no proven receivers to throw to.
Stidham can't throw to himself ya know!

I guess we'll see tonight. Time to get proven... I believe we'll be alright at WR and RB.

BMorrison, BMartin, ZJones, BWalker, MookieC, MalikT, WBrock, KWilliams... & Stidham can run if needed. We'll be ok.

I don't think it will be as big of a step down as everyone thinks.

"Time to get proven."

:1popcorn:

hollywood
08-30-2013, 04:03 PM
Ttgp!!!!!!!!

toddg
08-30-2013, 04:29 PM
Ttgp!!!!!!!!
That's ToddG Hollywood!!

hollywood
08-30-2013, 04:38 PM
That's ToddG Hollywood!!

Excuse me toddg :D

hollywood
08-30-2013, 04:39 PM
Just FYI on MPT

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monterrey_Institute_of_Technology_and_Higher_Educa tion

hollywood
08-30-2013, 04:39 PM
http://prepatec.mty.itesm.mx/borregos/

orange machine
08-30-2013, 04:43 PM
Where is this game being played at?

hollywood
08-30-2013, 04:44 PM
Where is this game being played at?

Stephenville's home field, TSU.

Deuce
08-30-2013, 05:42 PM
I assume the visitors stands will be pretty empty

refereedoc
08-30-2013, 05:54 PM
Every dairy hand in the county will be on the visitors side.:wave:

NastySlot
08-30-2013, 06:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHBHs73zJzM

BwdLion73
08-30-2013, 06:19 PM

:fnypost:

catman
08-30-2013, 06:38 PM
I remember all the grief given Sville last year when they were so highly ranked and lost this game.
Does this mean that if they lose again that they will win State again?????? just askin'

jason
08-30-2013, 09:37 PM
Sv 17
Mx 16
End 3rd

jason
08-30-2013, 10:12 PM
Sv 17
Mx 16
Final

hollywood
08-30-2013, 10:41 PM

A soccer coaching friend of mine in the Ville is from Monterrey. We were walking up to the stadium tonight and he drives next to us in his Tahoe full of family. All of them with blue t-shirts that say Borregos! Lol Go figure!

hollywood
08-30-2013, 10:54 PM
Very physical game by both teams. Prepa Tec had an OLman that was 6'4" 275. They probably averaged 250 and were very fundamentally sound. Their DL was very quick and all defensive players were very solid tacklers. Stephenville did some things great tonight and some things not so great. Turned the ball over twice which lead to scores for Tec. Stidham got flustered due to pressure all night. I have to give credit to the Tec DL. The freshman running back Williams was solid but couldn't break into space. Ville D was very solid against the run. Overall, lots of things to fine tune on offense but I see the light at the end of the tunnel. Ville will be in full form by district. Count on it. To give a better comparison, Ville looked very similar to last years team at this point. That's a good feeling. ;)

Same book, same story, better outcome for the Ville tonight. I think all came away healthy. Prepa Tec is a great first game to get the season started. Good win for Stephenville.

vtskneb
08-30-2013, 11:23 PM
Very physical game by both teams. Prepa Tec had an OLman that was 6'4" 275. They probably averaged 250 and were very fundamentally sound. Their DL was very quick and all defensive players were very solid tacklers. Stephenville did some things great tonight and some things not so great. Turned the ball over twice which lead to scores for Tec. Stidham got flustered due to pressure all night. I have to give credit to the Tec DL. The freshman running back Williams was solid but couldn't break into space. Ville D was very solid against the run. Overall, lots of things to fine tune on offense but I see the light at the end of the tunnel. Ville will be in full form by district. Count on it. To give a better comparison, Ville looked very similar to last years team at this point. That's a good feeling. ;)

Same book, same story, better outcome for the Ville tonight. I think all came away healthy. Prepa Tec is a great first game to get the season started. Good win for Stephenville.

If we do what we always do under Coach, which is get better we should play late in the year. Counts as a W all the same.

Ville-D
08-30-2013, 11:58 PM
My thoughts:

1. We had several good special teams plays that kept us in the game.
2. Our O-Line is a little out of shape and it showed in the second half - this will improve as the season goes on. But the second half protection was horrible.
3. The D looked good - Secondary was exceptional. We have to tackle better. Several of the big runs came when we tried to "blow=up" the runner instead of wrapping up and riding him down.
4. Stidham and Williams looked OK in their first varsity games. By district they will be rolling.
5. Turnovers killed us.

The MPT team was big and physical, much like last years team. I'd say the D this year was much better and their O was a step down. They had about 6 or 7 running backs that they rotated in and out. They were a very deep team. Their QB had trouble with the passing game, but they may have been the result of our secondary play. Coach G says they will treat this like a loss...

It was an ugly win, but a win is a win. I bet we drop to #2 or #3 in the AP poll...

hollywood
08-31-2013, 12:17 PM
My thoughts:

1. We had several good special teams plays that kept us in the game.
2. Our O-Line is a little out of shape and it showed in the second half - this will improve as the season goes on. But the second half protection was horrible.
3. The D looked good - Secondary was exceptional. We have to tackle better. Several of the big runs came when we tried to "blow=up" the runner instead of wrapping up and riding him down.
4. Stidham and Williams looked OK in their first varsity games. By district they will be rolling.
5. Turnovers killed us.

The MPT team was big and physical, much like last years team. I'd say the D this year was much better and their O was a step down. They had about 6 or 7 running backs that they rotated in and out. They were a very deep team. Their QB had trouble with the passing game, but they may have been the result of our secondary play. Coach G says they will treat this like a loss...

It was an ugly win, but a win is a win. I bet we drop to #2 or #3 in the AP poll...

I wouldn't think a one point win would drop SV in AP poll. It really doesn't matter at this point but anyone who knows MPT knows they play hard for 48 minutes. MPT is a very solid team. They are fast, hit hard, and tackle even better. You'll see a difference in game speed in next weeks game. ;)

toddg
08-31-2013, 01:44 PM
an ugly win does serve a purpose..especially in this stage of the season, where timing issues and other flaws are still being hammered out..pass protection and blocking schemes are usually the slowest things to get ironed out.

Ville-D
08-31-2013, 02:22 PM
I wouldn't think a one point win would drop SV in AP poll. It really doesn't matter at this point but anyone who knows MPT knows they play hard for 48 minutes. MPT is a very solid team. They are fast, hit hard, and tackle even better. You'll see a difference in game speed in next weeks game. ;)

It's the AP poll... They see a 17-16 win and Carthage with a big win over a 4a school... The AP doesn't have time to look at anything more than scores at the 3a level. I believe we drop. But like you said it doesn't matter.

>–––\/–––<
Re-Ville-D

Ville-D
09-01-2013, 11:32 AM
http://youtu.be/7dhSseeCH4w

[QUOTE=Ville-D;1756891]I guess we'll see tonight. Time to get proven... I believe we'll be alright at WR and RB.

BMorrison, BMartin, ZJones, BWalker, MookieC, MalikT, WBrock, KWilliams... & Stidham can run if needed. We'll be ok.

I don't think it will be as big of a step down as everyone thinks.

"Time to get proven."

:1popcorn:[/

Receivers and backs will be fine. KW "freshman" is a stud and before its all over will prob hold records for yardage and TD's at Stephenville.

Ville-D
09-01-2013, 07:52 PM
Receivers and backs will be fine. KW "freshman" is a stud and before its all over will prob hold records for yardage and TD's at Stephenville.

Hows Sweets finger?

[QUOTE=Ville-D;1757732]Hows Sweets finger?[/

It was a bad break but the surgery went good. The cast is off and the pins are out. Currently he is in a brace that limits him. Going back to the Doctor a few weeks from now. Doing rehab at the school everyday and 3 days a week at the sports rehab. Was released to practice/play but still can't move the finger much when the brace is off. It's getting better everyday and he is anxious to get on the field. They tell him he can't play without the brace for 3 more weeks. We shall see I hate to see a kid get hurt like that.

toddg
09-01-2013, 11:00 PM
[QUOTE=Ville-D;1757732]Hows Sweets finger?[/

It was a bad break but the surgery went good. The cast is off and the pins are out. Currently he is in a brace that limits him. Going back to the Doctor a few weeks from now. Doing rehab at the school everyday and 3 days a week at the sports rehab. Was released to practice/play but still can't move the finger much when the brace is off. It's getting better everyday and he is anxious to get on the field. They tell him he can't play without the brace for 3 more weeks. We shall see I hate to see a kid get hurt like that.

hope he gets better soon!

Ville-D
09-01-2013, 11:02 PM

Glad things are healing well. Praying for a speedy 100% recovery.

Ville-D
09-02-2013, 09:51 PM

Now #2 in AP... We might as well get the basketballs aired up. It's all downhill from here.

>–––\/–––<
Re-Ville-D

hollywood
09-02-2013, 10:07 PM
Now #2 in AP... We might as well get the basketballs aired up. It's all downhill from here.

>–––\/–––<
Re-Ville-D

Lol... Yeah that's what folks were saying last year after the loss to a Mexican team.