PDA

View Full Version : Prestonwood @ Gilmer Week 1

buckeyebob
08-30-2013, 08:46 AM
Alright...enough of the 57-7 Atlanta thrashing...time for the Buckeyes to get ready for the Big Boys...who 'ya got & why...need some feedback from the Metro Guys...they will have to come to Gilmer for...payback?

Matthew328
08-30-2013, 09:25 AM
Alright...enough of the 57-7 Atlanta thrashing...time for the Buckeyes to get ready for the Big Boys...who 'ya got & why...need some feedback from the Metro Guys...they will have to come to Gilmer for...payback?

Prestonwood is down...Gilmer should win this time...Mitchell transferred back to Plano West playing hoops only (smart move) the other Mitchell is now at Ohio St

garciap77
08-30-2013, 12:22 PM
Going with the spider monkeys!!!!!

lostaussie
08-30-2013, 01:41 PM
Don't know........but hoping for a cold front between now and then:D

waterboy
08-30-2013, 02:15 PM
Don't know........but hoping for a cold front between now and then:D

No kidding! I think we both lost about 5 to 10 lbs last just from sweating.:D

Lion70
08-30-2013, 03:29 PM
PCA possesses a lot of talent. Three recievers, two of which are sons of former NFL recievers , all above 6'2. Jake reed Jr (son of Saints/Vikings reciever Jake reed & Micheal Irvin. They have tall skills kids and a couple of good quarterbacks that wern't on the roster last year. Defensively, they get up on you and play press man defense.

Gilmer should win but your not playing Spring Hill just saying....

buckeyebob
08-30-2013, 03:47 PM
Best to the Lions as you travel to the Metroplex...glad it is not me.

Aesculus gilmus
08-30-2013, 07:31 PM
Henderson radio station live feed:

http://www.easttexastoday.com/kpxilive.php

buckeyebob
08-31-2013, 09:25 AM
OK...sorry for the Lion's loss...time to move on...Week 1 is hear...I would like to hear what the Lion Faithful have to say...hey, spying is not a four letter word.

hollywood
08-31-2013, 12:09 PM
Hoping for a Gilmer win but wouldn't be surprised to see a Prestonwood win either.

Lets go Buckeyes!!

regaleagle
08-31-2013, 01:25 PM
You have to gauge these top TAPPS schools differently from one year to the next differently than UIL schools. 'They can "recruit" or have talented players enroll in their school from one year to the next without the parents moving. You just never know what to expect early in the season because of possible roster additions that may have occurred for the new year. One or two talented players added at the right position could make a huge difference. Whatever was forecast for PP(down year) may not necessarily be true. Argyle plays Fort Worth Nolan Catholic this week(PP's nemesis) in Argyle and will be our biggest test of the season until we meet Celina in Week 10. This team has beat PP the past 2 yrs. and won the TAPPS SC for 3 yrs. in a row. You just never know what you're up against with these top TAPPS schools in the metroplex from year to year this early in the season. You just have to conclude they are going to be very good.....it's Plano Prestonwood.

regaleagle
08-31-2013, 01:44 PM
That being said, Argyle defeated Nolan Catholic at their house last season. I will take this year's more seasoned Gilmer team over PP because last year Gilmer lost early to PP before their "youngsters" developed into the team they have now. Gilmer and Argyle are loaded with speed, talent, and experience this season. I will not be betting against either team to lose a game this season until they meet each other. If there is a week a loss could happen for either team, this will be the week it could happen for both squads. So you can bet there will be lots of respect given to each of these schools(Nolan Catholic and Plano Prestonwood) by the coaching staffs of Argyle and Gilmer, respectively. These are two BIG games this week upcoming for both of these schools. Good luck to the Gilmer Buckeyes. Argyle will need a great showing also.

buckeyebob
08-31-2013, 05:15 PM
& to you Regal...Gilmer has PP @ our house this year...that is always good for 30 pts to start.

This is looking like a wicked good bunch of Buckeyes...skill is not an issue at any position...both lines are young but my how they are learning...defense has done a great job, 0 TD in Whitehouse (#6 4-A), 1 TD in Greenville (4-A), Atlanta 1 TD Friday night...O has done an great job - put 57 (535 yds) on the board Friday...so...PP needs to have their Big Boy Britches on or it could get ugly early. Remember 2012!

orange machine
08-31-2013, 05:36 PM
This will be a great game and I could see it going either way, but im going with Pwood. I was talking to a friend who has coached againts Pwood who said they lost a lot, but gained a lot and thinks Pwood will win.

YTBulldogs
08-31-2013, 06:01 PM
Never heard of Presswood. Gilmer 40-0.

orange machine
08-31-2013, 06:49 PM
Never heard of Presswood. Gilmer 40-0.

Yea right this will be a shootout and its Prestonwood.

regaleagle
08-31-2013, 09:07 PM
I doubt if Gilmer will keep PP from scoring, but that would be very impressive if they could do it. I'd say just a win this week would be something to hang your hat on, lol.

orange machine
08-31-2013, 09:19 PM
I doubt if Gilmer will keep PP from scoring, but that would be very impressive if they could do it. I'd say just a win this week would be something to hang your hat on, lol.

Your absolutely right. Weather Prestonwood lost anybody or not they always reload and from what im told this game should be closer than last season, but don't be surprised if Prestonwood wins again. In saying that Gilmer has a great chance at revenge, but it will be a dog fight.

buckeyebob
09-01-2013, 09:11 AM
We do have the home field advantage & for the Buckeyes that is huge. The skunks are ready to enter the frey ~1/2 time.

We will see how defense really is...thus far, lights out...with two scrimages (both 4-A) & last week's Atlanta game, only 2 TD's allowed.

orange machine
09-01-2013, 10:19 AM
We do have the home field advantage & for the Buckeyes that is huge. The skunks are ready to enter the frey ~1/2 time.

We will see how defense really is...thus far, lights out...with two scrimages (both 4-A) & last week's Atlanta game, only 2 TD's allowed.
Its gonna be a good one wish I could witness it.

BigBrother
09-06-2013, 05:26 PM
Gilmer Buckeyes v. Plano Prestonwood Christian Lions Football
LIVE Audio broadcast link: http://client.stretchinternet.com/client/gilmer.portal#