Who all do you think has a shot?

Johnny Manziel
Teddy Bridgewater
Braxton Miller
TJ Yeldon
Marcus Mariota
Lache Seastrunk
Marquise Lee

Watch out for Mike Evans. I think hes about to put up monster #'s.

BEAST

defense51
08-28-2013, 04:48 PM
I think the top three are:
1. Johnny Manziel- as the Heisman winner I think he's still the frontrunner.
2. TJ Yeldon- RB from Bama had 1108 yards rushing and wasn't the starting back
3. Todd Gurley- RB from Georgia had 1385 yards rushing as a true freshman, and led all SEC backs in rushing yards. If he's not in the running this year he will be over the next two if he stays at Georgia.

Roughneck93
08-28-2013, 04:59 PM
Don't forget about Jadeveon Clowney...:D

Old Tiger
08-28-2013, 05:03 PM
deanthony thomas should get a lot more touches this year so I'd look for him.

Roughneck93
08-28-2013, 05:08 PM
Aaron Murray

Saggy Aggie
08-28-2013, 05:09 PM
Gurley and Clowney smfh....

Roughneck93
08-28-2013, 05:12 PM
Gurley and Clowney smfh....

Hahaha....

hollywood
08-28-2013, 05:14 PM
Jonathan Gray

Saggy Aggie
08-28-2013, 05:18 PM
Jonathan Gray

Lache Seastrunk >>>

Roughneck93
08-28-2013, 09:27 PM
Johnny's Heisman odds are back up to 7/1...

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/28/bcs-heisman-odds-for-am-manziel-improve-on-resolution-news/

ogg
08-28-2013, 09:40 PM
Jonathan Gray

That's my pick as well

Old Tiger
08-28-2013, 09:40 PM
That's my pick as well

Hopefully he and Malcolm Brown can avoid being injured.

ogg
08-28-2013, 09:42 PM
Hopefully he and Malcolm Brown can avoid being injured.

They have a better o-line this year, we'll see

Old Tiger
08-28-2013, 09:47 PM
They have a better o-line this year, we'll see

Still have a terrible center and a rg who many people feel like he's just going through the motions.

msu97
08-29-2013, 07:55 AM
why not give it to the best player in College football... who is hands down JaDaveon Clowney... and it is not even close

Saggy Aggie
08-29-2013, 08:10 AM
why not give it to the best player in College football... who is hands down JaDaveon Clowney... and it is not even close

Why don't we play the season and see who performs well first?

coach
08-29-2013, 09:11 AM
Jonathan Gray

His career will be hurt with sharing the football. If he came up like Ricky Williams and be the lone backk then I would agree.

coach
08-29-2013, 09:12 AM

You must have lived under a rock last year

Saggy Aggie
08-29-2013, 09:28 AM
You must have lived under a rock last year

No he's just in denial like he was last year

pancho villa
08-29-2013, 09:40 AM
No he's just in denial like he was last year

No he's just short and has a fat head!

Emerson1
08-29-2013, 10:36 AM
Jaxon Shipley.

coach
08-29-2013, 11:32 AM
Jaxon Shipley.

Brownwood already retired his Jersey and have a statue at the 50 yard line for him

caleb_mccaig
08-29-2013, 11:35 AM
Everett Golson.....oh wait...

msu97
08-29-2013, 02:27 PM
No he's just short and has a fat head!
some truth to that...well that is all true... and don't forget my short arms to boot
but if you believe that any player is better than Clowney... then you either really need to put the kool-aid down or you have never seen this guy play... complete freak... #1 pick in the draft... you might even see teams pull a Ditka and trade all their draft picks for this guy...

funny that Aggie supporters only hate ESPN when it comes to Manziel... but when that same company ( who happens to have a TV deal with the SEC) talks about who the best conference is, then they believe them... apparently making your own decisions is difficult to do... I mean, coming from the land where everything, EVERYTHING, is a tradition and you play follow the leader alot, I should not be that surprised...

Saggy Aggie
08-29-2013, 03:57 PM
Haha, I don't care about ESPN in general and what they do or dont cover, but I DO think Rovell has an agenda...

And yes. The SEC is the best. I'll use your own words.... If you really believe any conference is better than the SEC then you really need to put down the kool-aid

Saggy Aggie
08-29-2013, 03:58 PM
some truth to that...well that is all true... and don't forget my short arms to boot
but if you believe that any player is better than Clowney... then you either really need to put the kool-aid down or you have never seen this guy play... complete freak... #1 pick in the draft... you might even see teams pull a Ditka and trade all their draft picks for this guy...

funny that Aggie supporters only hate ESPN when it comes to Manziel... but when that same company ( who happens to have a TV deal with the SEC) talks about who the best conference is, then they believe them... apparently making your own decisions is difficult to do... I mean, coming from the land where everything, EVERYTHING, is a tradition and you play follow the leader alot, I should not be that surprised...

Didn't you pick ND in the championship game?? LOL just admit you have an agenda

Old Tiger
08-29-2013, 06:03 PM

Everyone knows this award is a crock of @#$% now days. Given to the best offensive players on a top 5 or so team.

Old Tiger
08-29-2013, 06:05 PM
Haha, I don't care about ESPN in general and what they do or dont cover, but I DO think Rovell has an agenda...

And yes. The SEC is the best. I'll use your own words.... If you really believe any conference is better than the SEC then you really need to put down the kool-aid

SEC is best at the top but at the bottom they are the suck.

There are better overall conferences from top to bottom but everyone gets wrapped up in the top half of the SEC.

Saggy Aggie
08-29-2013, 06:23 PM

There are better overall conferences from top to bottom but everyone gets wrapped up in the top half of the SEC.

Even Vanderbilt is potentially gonna be ranked this year.

Id take the bottom of the SEC over the bottom of the big 12.

According to Vegas, 6 SEC schools would be favored over Ohio State

BwdLion73
08-29-2013, 07:27 PM
Brownwood already retired his Jersey and have a statue at the 50 yard line for him

:evil:

NastySlot
08-29-2013, 07:42 PM

I sometimes wonder about your college football logic.....so you mean there is a conference out there where the bottom two or three teams are as good as the the top three? Ok say there is how good are those top three teams......to borrow a quote maybe the top of a lot of conference especially ones with strong bottoms "are the suck."

You also posted that the Heisman is pretty much a joke and only goes to top offensive players on top five teams. Well I agree it is a stretch to call it the award for the top/best college football player but it has been that way for almost ever. I think the guy that plays qb for the Redskins didn't play for a top five team when he won it.

On a more personal note how you liking SA? I'm up in the Hill Country maybe we can hook up for a Good H.S game sometime...........No college football talk though.

Old Tiger
08-29-2013, 08:00 PM
I sometimes wonder about your college football logic.....so you mean there is a conference out there where the bottom two or three teams are as good as the the top three? Ok say there is how good are those top three teams......to borrow a quote maybe the top of a lot of conference especially ones with strong bottoms "are the suck."

You also posted that the Heisman is pretty much a joke and only goes to top offensive players on top five teams. Well I agree it is a stretch to call it the award for the top/best college football player but it has been that way for almost ever. I think the guy that plays qb for the Redskins didn't play for a top five team when he won it.

On a more personal note how you liking SA? I'm up in the Hill Country maybe we can hook up for a Good H.S game sometime...........No college football talk though.

Haven't had time to do much down here really. I never realized how much moving takes out of you. Plus I work 5 days a week and on the weekends I kinda take it easy and just hang out with the girlfriend. She's supposed to cook me dinner tomorrow, I'm nervous/scared about that. Found a cool hangout on Fridays with $2 wells, millter lite, coors light, and $3 patron shots. Also found a couple of really cool places to eat in Rosarios near downtown and Dough Pizzaria which is hands down top 2 in pizzas I have eaten. Still need to do some exploring and there are still some places I want to try and eat. Going to head out to Helotes next Friday for a show.

Saggy Aggie
08-29-2013, 08:10 PM
First off, isk why im judging a conference by their weakest link.... but this is MSU and OT's argument.

Bottom 4 SEC schools....

Kentucky
Tennessee
Arkansas
Auburn

Bottom 4 big 12 schools:

Kansas
Iowa st
Tech
WVU

Bottom 4 big 10 schools:

Illinois
Indiana
Iowa
Minnesota

Bottom 4 PAC 12 schools:

Washington
Cal
Colorado
Utah

ACC and other conferences aren't even worth talking about.

MAYBE one of those other 4 conferences has a better bottom 4, but not by much. When Arkansas and Auburn regain their normal form, the SEC will be by far the best bottom 4 of any conference. Their unusual level of suck last year was an anomaly and not typical.

Even if you honestly think another conferences bottom 4 are better, there's no way it outweighs the top of the SEC.

I'd prolly take the top 8 SEC teams in order over the next best conferences top 8 (big 12).

Old Tiger
08-29-2013, 08:48 PM
2012 Results

Kentucky 2-10
Tennessee 5-7
Arkansas 4-8
Auburn 3-9

Total 14-34

Kansas 1-11
Iowa St 6-7*
WVU 7-6*
Tech 7-6*

Total 21-30

Illinois 2-10
Indiana 4-8
Iowa 4-8
Minnesota 6-7*

Total 16-33

Washington 3-9
Cal 3-9
Colorado 1-11
Utah 5-7

Total 12-36

*Denotes that team participated in a bowl.

Bottom 4 for SEC performed only better than the Pac.

Big 12 bottom 4 performed better than all and had 3 bowl teams.

Old Tiger
08-29-2013, 08:50 PM
If you take out the outlier for each it looks like this

SEC 12-24
Big XII 20-19
B1G 14-23
Pac 11-25

The reason big 12 teams made bowl games was because they won OOC games. A place where the SEC teams you listed struggled.

Saggy Aggie
08-29-2013, 09:39 PM
2012 Results

Kentucky 2-10
Tennessee 5-7
Arkansas 4-8
Auburn 3-9

Total 14-34

Kansas 1-11
Iowa St 6-7*
WVU 7-6*
Tech 7-6*

Total 21-30

Illinois 2-10
Indiana 4-8
Iowa 4-8
Minnesota 6-7*

Total 16-33

Washington 3-9
Cal 3-9
Colorado 1-11
Utah 5-7

Total 12-36

*Denotes that team participated in a bowl.

Bottom 4 for SEC performed only better than the Pac.

Big 12 bottom 4 performed better than all and had 3 bowl teams.

Yeah.... And like I said... 2012 was an anomaly for 2/4 of the SEC teams.

ISU and Tech had good years in 2012 LOL

Old Tiger
08-29-2013, 09:57 PM
Yeah.... And like I said... 2012 was an anomaly for 2/4 of the SEC teams.

ISU and Tech had good years in 2012 LOL

If it wasn't those 2 teams it would have been two different teams for each.

Saggy Aggie
08-29-2013, 10:25 PM
If it wasn't those 2 teams it would have been two different teams for each.

who then?

1st and goal
08-30-2013, 07:02 AM
Found a cool hangout on Fridays with $2 wells, millter lite, coors light, and $3 patron shots. .

Never, never talk about good beer again. I hate Millter lite. :)

You can wrap OT's comments into a small vein of thinly veiled attempts to dis the SEC. Still butthurt.

As a side note OT, you might want to refrain from showing your date the GOTM...

Vandy gave Ole Miss all they could handle.

Clowney looked so winded last night, he was not a major force. NC's lineman Hurst did a good job on him much of the night. Did not look like Heisman potential from the parts of the game I watched. Yes, he'll play NFL, but I'm so tired of the media showing the 1 play where he de-cleated the RB in the backfield.

msu97
08-30-2013, 07:14 AM
use their own logic against them... for this I will use the Sumlin/Keenum argument... When keenum was putting up great #'s @ UH, under Sumlin, it was only because it was C-USA and a gimmicky offense... now fast forward the clock to now... why is it no longer a gimmicky offense?
again, you do not have to agree with what I think or feel, that is fine... but you only follow blindly when it suits your agenda...

Clowney is the best player in college football... period... everyone else is 2nd best... period

1st and goal
08-30-2013, 07:19 AM
The reason big 12 teams made bowl games was because they won OOC games. A place where the SEC teams you listed struggled.

Last night's South Carolina Gamecock arse kicking win over NC was a good start for the SEC.

Clowney fell out of my top picks last night.

Saggy Aggie
08-30-2013, 08:06 AM
use their own logic against them... for this I will use the Sumlin/Keenum argument... When keenum was putting up great #'s @ UH, under Sumlin, it was only because it was C-USA and a gimmicky offense... now fast forward the clock to now... why is it no longer a gimmicky offense?
again, you do not have to agree with what I think or feel, that is fine... but you only follow blindly when it suits your agenda...

Clowney is the best player in college football... period... everyone else is 2nd best... period

I wasnt one of the ones preaching gimmick offensw anyways, but the fact that Keenum is now doing well in NFL preseason ought to close that book forever. Dudes just a solid QB and Sumlin knows how to call plays.

msu97
08-30-2013, 08:15 AM
I wasnt one of the ones preaching gimmick offensw anyways, but the fact that Keenum is now doing well in NFL preseason ought to close that book forever. Dudes just a solid QB and Sumlin knows how to call plays.
I totally agree... part of my argument has always been that there are some good defenses in the SEC, but there are more bad offenses... ATM, under Sumlin, ran a Big 12 type offense and put up ridiculous numbers... anywhere else they would say it was a system offense and what not... but since it is the SEC the offense is spectacular... it is a combination of Stoops and Briles offenses...

But ESPN called it a gimmick and why Keenum got no run for the Heisman... he is clearly a great qb...
which is why I depend on myself to make my decisions, again, you do not have to agree with me, but I am not going to depend on sports analysts who have hidden agendas to say who is best... I clearly believe that all top teams in any of the big 3 conferences could and would compete week in and week out in any conference... and all the bottom teams are bottom teams for a reason...

coach
08-30-2013, 08:28 AM
Everyone knows this award is a crock of @#$% now days. Given to the best offensive players on a top 5 or so team.

So in the last 5 years who did you disagree with winning?

coach
08-30-2013, 08:33 AM
arguing which conference is better based on the bottom half of the leaugue is just idiotic. Whts funny is the only ppl who try to do that is big 12 schools. "Well, your top 6 are better, but our bottom 6 is better!"

Does that stupid to anyone else? Team x went 2-11 and your team x went 1-12... BOO YA. Yall suck!!!

Saggy Aggie
08-30-2013, 08:34 AM
I totally agree... part of my argument has always been that there are some good defenses in the SEC, but there are more bad offenses... ATM, under Sumlin, ran a Big 12 type offense and put up ridiculous numbers... anywhere else they would say it was a system offense and what not... but since it is the SEC the offense is spectacular... it is a combination of Stoops and Briles offenses...

But ESPN called it a gimmick and why Keenum got no run for the Heisman... he is clearly a great qb...
which is why I depend on myself to make my decisions, again, you do not have to agree with me, but I am not going to depend on sports analysts who have hidden agendas to say who is best... I clearly believe that all top teams in any of the big 3 conferences could and would compete week in and week out in any conference... and all the bottom teams are bottom teams for a reason...

Well even if they weren't right, the people saying gimmick offense did have a little ground to stand on because UH hadnt lit up anyone with a defense. Now that sumlin and Keenum are both doing it against legit competition they all now have to shut up with the gimmick think.

I do agree that the top teams are top teams. UT/OU/TCU could compete week in and week out in the SEC no problem. Same goes for other top teams and their conferences. I guess the only thing we really disagree on is I think there's more top tier teams in the SEC than any other conference. I'd say the top 3 in any other conference could compete in the SEC, but I'd say the top 6 SEC schools could compete in any other conference

Saggy Aggie
08-30-2013, 08:36 AM
arguing which conference is better based on the bottom half of the leaugue is just idiotic. Whts funny is the only ppl who try to do that is big 12 schools. "Well, your top 6 are better, but our bottom 6 is better!"

Does that stupid to anyone else? Team x went 2-11 and your team x went 1-12... BOO YA. Yall suck!!!

Which is exactly why I prefaced my post with 'idk why I'm judging a conference by their weakest links, but this is OT and MSU's argument....'

It is idiotic. It reminds me of preseason football. Our scrubs kicked your scrubs a$$!

Weebe
08-31-2013, 12:00 AM
Solid showing by reigning Big XII champion, Kansas State, tonight.

Saggy Aggie
08-31-2013, 12:54 AM

Lol...

Old Tiger
08-31-2013, 03:58 AM

They lost pretty much their entire team...nobody expected much out of them this year. In fact some were predicting them to lose to NDSU.

regaleagle
08-31-2013, 04:51 AM
Problem on KState/NDSU game is we don't know how strong NDSU really is this season. They went back-to-back FCS National Champs, but what do they have left from those teams? I think the jury will still be out on KState until they play Texas in Austin on Sept. 23. By that time both teams should be hitting on all cylinders well enough to get an accurate account of how good KState really is this year.

Roughneck93
08-31-2013, 07:23 AM

So, Texas has a chance this year? :2thumbsup

Weebe
08-31-2013, 08:47 AM
Problem on KState/NDSU game is we don't know how strong NDSU really is this season. They went back-to-back FCS National Champs, but what do they have left from those teams? I think the jury will still be out on KState until they play Texas in Austin on Sept. 23. By that time both teams should be hitting on all cylinders well enough to get an accurate account of how good KState really is this year.

Maybe the Big XII should invite them to join. Would increase its overall strength.

I've heard the SEC is looking at inviting Sam Houston.

Saggy Aggie
08-31-2013, 10:40 AM

You're joking right?

I just got thru hearing a bunch of crap from OT about SHSU being on A&M's schedule.... much less losing to them....

Weebe
08-31-2013, 10:45 AM
You're joking right?

I just got thru hearing a bunch of crap from OT about SHSU being on A&M's schedule.... much less losing to them....

SHSU would beat New Mexico State by 2 touchdowns.