PDA

View Full Version : All District QB in 9-3A dismissed from team

regaleagle
08-28-2013, 03:08 AM
The Denton Record Chronicle is reporting that Krum's all-district senior quarterback Caz Wojciak has been dismissed from the team by the head coach. You can go to the Denton Record Chronicle online and read the story. Apparently it happened over the weekend. Wojciak has been the team's leader and only starting quarterback for several seasons now. A sophomore will now take over at qb for Krum. Talk about ruining your senior season.....wow. Just Wow.

regaleagle
08-28-2013, 03:28 AM
It's really a sad thing to think about....one of the team's leaders, probably well-respected in his community, and by all the younger kids coming up. The coach had no alternative here, and there's not much that could be done, really. All that hard work and great future expectations vanquished because of a poor decision. This is how it is in life in today's society. There's no latitude for a young man in his position to make a mistake and not pay dearly for it. He's not the first one and won't be the last one either, but I do feel for his teammates, coaching staff, family & friends, supporters, and most of all....for him. I hope he can take this tragic episode and turn it into something positive.

Aesculus gilmus
08-28-2013, 05:59 AM
I understand "zero tolerance" and all that, but if we are talking about cannabis here, this is laughable.

Imagine for a moment if you kicked all players off the high school football teams of Texas who had ever been in possession of a beer (which is just as illegal for persons of their age). You'd be down to members of the FCA (and not all of them) as your team.

However, I don't think this is "tragic" per se for anyone. That's not the right word. It is closer to "tragicomic" if it is indeed just cannabis.

Eventually, most of the states of this country will eliminate this double standard. A few already have, such as Colorado and Washington. Texas, I predict, will be among the last states to do so, if ever. This state has an authoritarian and not a libertarian culture, in spite of all the "live free or die" rhetoric.

The only people who are "crying in their beer" so to speak at this trend toward calling off the war on pot are the criminal defense attorneys, the prison operators and the gangs and cartels who control what is now a very lucrative black market for them.

Edited to add: And if this is some hard drug such as ****, I will largely say, a la the long-ago Emily Litella character on Saturday Night Live, "Never mind." However, the drug war in terms even of the harder drugs has not been shown to be effective for anyone other than the groups I named above.

Aesculus gilmus
08-28-2013, 06:04 AM
OMG, it censored what I just typed.

Let's just say I was referring to a different form of "East Texas Speed" and see if that withstands the censor.

hookandladder
08-28-2013, 06:12 AM
I know in LG if you get caught drinking and do not come clean to the coaches first thing the next morning then your punishment is much worse, not for sure on what the punishment is but normally if you turn yourself in it is 10% of your games you have to sit however if you do not tell the coaches yourself and they fine out it is much more. Choices are kids have to make at an early age, he will be better off down the road from this punishment.

Matthew328
08-28-2013, 07:55 AM
I guess a lot depends on did he and his parents sign like a code of conduct or an agreement regarding puishment within the athletic dept. etc....my guess is Krum has some sort of no tolerance policy

Eagle11
08-28-2013, 10:37 AM
Hate to hear it. He is very talented. This will shake up the district

icu812
08-28-2013, 12:14 PM
I understand "zero tolerance" and all that, but if we are talking about cannabis here, this is laughable.

Imagine for a moment if you kicked all players off the high school football teams of Texas who had ever been in possession of a beer (which is just as illegal for persons of their age). You'd be down to members of the FCA (and not all of them) as your team.

However, I don't think this is "tragic" per se for anyone. That's not the right word. It is closer to "tragicomic" if it is indeed just cannabis.

Eventually, most of the states of this country will eliminate this double standard. A few already have, such as Colorado and Washington. Texas, I predict, will be among the last states to do so, if ever. This state has an authoritarian and not a libertarian culture, in spite of all the "live free or die" rhetoric.

The only people who are "crying in their beer" so to speak at this trend toward calling off the war on pot are the criminal defense attorneys, the prison operators and the gangs and cartels who control what is now a very lucrative black market for them.

Edited to add: And if this is some hard drug such as ****, I will largely say, a la the long-ago Emily Litella character on Saturday Night Live, "Never mind." However, the drug war in terms even of the harder drugs has not been shown to be effective for anyone other than the groups I named above.

While I agree with your libertarian stance on herb it is never going to be legal for minors. Even in a society in which it is legal for adults it doesn't mean schools will not continue to enforce team rules and maybe even continued drug tests. Honestly it is not a level playing field as far as drug testing goes anyway. For instance we (Van) have lost several very good players over the years who tested positive for weed, while other teams in our district don't even test from what I understand. Second strike your out in Van.