PDA

View Full Version : Who will be your teams newcomer of the year?

Cam
08-27-2013, 10:21 PM
For Burnet, these are my candidates:

WR - Darius Johnson (soph) - has shown good speed & great hands in traffic.
WR/RB - Brock Foster (soph) - breakaway speed. Playing the slot and probably some RB.
WR - Cody Jones (Jr) --------- Big target at 6'2" with great hands.
WR - Korey Campbell (Jr) ----- 6'1" move-in who has already shown big play ability with a 60 yd. TD in last weeks scrimmage.

Having a hard time deciding who will make the biggest impact this season. With QB Kiser at the helm, I'm sure they'll all get plenty of touches. One player's dad told me Cody Jones is going to be crazy good. But I'm gonna go with sophomore Brock Foster. Just got a feeling with his speed he's gonna break a lot of big runs. We'll see what happens.....

And to my 4A neighbors to the south, Marble Falls NOY might just be freshman RB Devan Manning. Mature beyond his years it seems. Which means we gotta put up with him for 4 seasons!!!....

Who's your teams NOY nominee??

regaleagle
08-27-2013, 10:34 PM
I think it's a backup quarterback named Freddy "football" Fontenot...JFF's cousin, haha.

Correction>>>It's JFF's step-cousin by his uncle's 3rd marriage.

cougartino
08-27-2013, 10:48 PM
La Marque - Michael Hardeman, WR (also plays center on the basketball team)

Cam
08-27-2013, 10:50 PM
La Marque - Michael Hardeman, WR (also plays center on the basketball team)

wow a center!.....how tall is he?

cougartino
08-27-2013, 11:56 PM
wow a center!.....how tall is he?

6'6" - 6'7" ish from what I see. He was the quarterback on the freshman team but decided to spend his time on the court. He shot up like a weed the last 3 years. He was coaxed back to football this year as a senior. Randy Rogers was impressed with him during 7 on 7. If he can gain some more upper body strength, by district time, he should be a standout.

BullDawgDad
08-28-2013, 09:47 PM
For Burnet, these are my candidates:

WR - Darius Johnson (soph) - has shown good speed & great hands in traffic.
WR/RB - Brock Foster (soph) - breakaway speed. Playing the slot and probably some RB.
WR - Cody Jones (Jr) --------- Big target at 6'2" with great hands.
WR - Korey Campbell (Jr) ----- 6'1" move-in who has already shown big play ability with a 60 yd. TD in last weeks scrimmage.

Having a hard time deciding who will make the biggest impact this season. With QB Kiser at the helm, I'm sure they'll all get plenty of touches. One player's dad told me Cody Jones is going to be crazy good. But I'm gonna go with sophomore Brock Foster. Just got a feeling with his speed he's gonna break a lot of big runs. We'll see what happens.....

And to my 4A neighbors to the south, Marble Falls NOY might just be freshman RB Devan Manning. Mature beyond his years it seems. Which means we gotta put up with him for 4 seasons!!!....

Who's your teams NOY nominee??

Hey Cam I believe on the defensive side of the ball for Burnet it could be Eric Walker. 6'0" 215lb ILB

Cam
08-28-2013, 09:56 PM
Hey Cam I believe on the defensive side of the ball for Burnet it could be Eric Walker. 6'0" 215lb ILB

He looks the part....where did he come from?

buckeyebob
08-29-2013, 08:36 AM
Baby Kollin Hurt...will replace Johnny Football when he moves on...he loves A&M

waterboy
08-29-2013, 09:13 AM
I'm thinking there will be a couple of Buckeyes this year that'll make a name for themselves, plus there are several underclassmen that played a lot last year. You will keep hearing the name, DeMarco Boyd, this year, for sure, and he will only be a sophomore. Nick Smith will be a name that will be heard a lot, too.

refereedoc
08-29-2013, 09:14 AM
Kaegun Williams freshman running back- lightning in a bottle

Cam
08-29-2013, 09:28 AM

I've heard rumblings about him.....what's his height and weight?.....

refereedoc
08-29-2013, 09:56 AM
5' 8" 175

buckeyebob
08-29-2013, 10:03 AM
I'm thinking there will be a couple of Buckeyes this year that'll make a name for themselves, plus there are several underclassmen that played a lot last year. You will keep hearing the name, DeMarco Boyd, this year, for sure, and he will only be a sophomore. Nick Smith will be a name that will be heard a lot, too.

I do agree...when they said "Newcomer"...I saw Nick & DeMarco destroy others last year...I have watched Baby Kollin in Jr. High...if he does not stump his toe, my first statement stands.

hollywood
08-29-2013, 10:36 AM

:iagree:

It's still too early to tell, but look out for this kid. And he can catch out of the back field too. He reminds me of a hybrid high school version of Barry Sanders and Emmit Smith. Great vision, uses his OL for blocks, and will break a lot of ankles on his way to the endzone. Fun to watch! :clap:

ahs_indian_fan
08-29-2013, 01:25 PM
:iagree:

It's still too early to tell, but look out for this kid. And he can catch out of the back field too. He reminds me of a hybrid high school version of Barry Sanders and Emmit Smith. Great vision, uses his OL for blocks, and will break a lot of ankles on his way to the endzone. Fun to watch! :clap:

LOL! A hybrid of Barry Sanders and Emmitt Smith, two of the best running backs of all time!!! He may be good, but I'd tap the breaks just a little. How bout we go with Craig James and Ricky Williams (of Texas Tech) before we start comparing him to Hall of Fame running backs.

hollywood
08-29-2013, 02:38 PM
LOL! A hybrid of Barry Sanders and Emmitt Smith, two of the best running backs of all time!!! He may be good, but I'd tap the breaks just a little. How bout we go with Craig James and Ricky Williams (of Texas Tech) before we start comparing him to Hall of Fame running backs.

If you read my post injun, I said it's still too early to tell. Plus he's at a freshman high school level. No way am I comparing him to ES and BS as pros... but his style of running to be more precise, reminds me of those 2 running backs. Sheesh.

Emitt had great vision and would use his OL blocking to run where the lanes and holes were. Very efficient and productive RB. Barry would make something out of nothing breaking ankles all over the field. Then take it to the house. This kid has both of those skill sets.

No way am I saying he's going to be a Hall of Famer. But he is a very talented RB. Let's just leave it at that. ;)