PDA

View Full Version : Caldwell @ Bellville

OLE'BULL
08-27-2013, 01:21 PM
Now that I got my depressing Rice/A&M thread out of the way. Caldwell is coming to town this week, cant believe I get to say that! Last year the Brahmas hung 70+ on them, and dont see much improvement from Caldwell. I believe they are on their 4th or 5th coach in as many years. I just hope we take care of business early and come out of this one healthy. Kinkaid is coming to town next week and they put it on us last year.

buff4ever
08-27-2013, 01:51 PM
this game doesn't deserve a thread.

OLE'BULL
08-27-2013, 02:43 PM

Way to be a buzzkill...:sleeping:

OldBison75
08-27-2013, 02:50 PM
Caldwell will have a couple of more down years but they will be better this year. New coach is Bobby Jack Goforth, Caldwell boy, went to Baylor. They will be more disciplined than we have seen in a few years and they will hit you. Goforth will whip them into shape.

Yoe_09
08-27-2013, 03:32 PM
Caldwell will have a couple of more down years but they will be better this year. New coach is Bobby Jack Goforth, Caldwell boy, went to Baylor. They will be more disciplined than we have seen in a few years and they will hit you. Goforth will whip them into shape.

Yeah. It's going to take some time to turn that program around, but they are most certainly headed in the right direction.

Manso/V8
08-27-2013, 05:50 PM
Brahmas by 7.

zebrablue2
08-27-2013, 07:38 PM
Caldwell is much improved, but----- Bulls by 4 tds!!!

XMan
08-27-2013, 08:10 PM
Caldwell's coaches dad used to coach in Bellville back when the games were played on O'Bryant street. Young Bobby Jack lived in Bellville and probably attended Bellville schools for a time. Im really hoping he can get the kolache eaters from Caldwell headed in the right direction.

BB BULLS
08-28-2013, 10:48 AM

district 25 3A never get any respect. even with two teams that are really good. El Campo went to state last year & Bellville was one game way. it would be nice if they both went this year El Campo in D1 & Bellville in D2. that would really be cool.

OLE'BULL
08-28-2013, 11:18 AM
district 25 3A never get any respect. even with two teams that are really good. El Campo went to state last year & Bellville was one game way. it would be nice if they both went this year El Campo in D1 & Bellville in D2. that would really be cool.

I have to disagree with you. DCTF picked ours as the pre-season 2nd (I think) toughest district in the state last year. Buff4ever is referring to the Bellville/Caldwell game, Caldwell is not in our district. C'mon rook!

BB BULLS
08-28-2013, 11:37 AM
I have to disagree with you. DCTF picked ours as the pre-season 2nd (I think) toughest district in the state last year. Buff4ever is referring to the Bellville/Caldwell game, Caldwell is not in our district. C'mon rook!

i know caldwell is not in our district. and you are right i am a rookie. but i have been reading on 3ADL for a long time just started posting. just seems that someone always add a neg reply when its district 25 or maybe i just take it the wrong way. but just bare with me i will get better.
what you think about our defense i did not get to see the bay city scrim last week? you think they will be alright?

Saggy Aggie
08-28-2013, 12:31 PM
Caldwell by 21 lol

Gsquared
08-28-2013, 12:33 PM
Oh no, this game is going to be a disaster

Manso/V8
08-28-2013, 12:38 PM
i know caldwell is not in our district. and you are right i am a rookie. but i have been reading on 3ADL for a long time just started posting. just seems that someone always add a neg reply when its district 25 or maybe i just take it the wrong way. but just bare with me i will get better.
what you think about our defense i did not get to see the bay city scrim last week? you think they will be alright?

D25 gets respect, because we earned it and deserve it.

OLE'BULL
08-28-2013, 03:26 PM

Just a little hazing, we are always glad to have another Brahma fan on the DL!. Defense, I think we will be OK, and better than people think. Reading the paper this week Coach Rowe thinks the defense will come along a little slower than the Offense. Understandably. We have three returning starters at RB. We have a sophmore D End that started as a Frosh returning. There was also a "sleeper" (I love those!) D Tackle that is a Freshman who is probably going to start. 2 returning outside LB starters. The Middle LB started at Center last year, and is moving to TE this year, so he is no stranger to the Friday night lights. 2 returning starters in the secondary. We will be fine. The biggest concern was the D LIne, and it looks like that will be shaping up nicely by the time district rolls around.

The Bull #40
08-28-2013, 04:02 PM
Finally, FOOTBALL SEASON IS HERE!!! Been waiting for this since the loss to Navasota. I think the Bulls will come out lighting up the scoreboard on offense, but I'm not sure how the defense is going to gel at first. That being said, I don't think this will be much of a game....

"Clear eyes. Full hearts. Can't lose."

Red Bull
08-29-2013, 10:15 AM
Bellville will win easily. They can pick their score against Caldwell. I have no doubt that Goforth will get it changed around, but not this soon.

BB BULLS
08-29-2013, 11:07 AM
Just a little hazing, we are always glad to have another Brahma fan on the DL!. Defense, I think we will be OK, and better than people think. Reading the paper this week Coach Rowe thinks the defense will come along a little slower than the Offense. Understandably. We have three returning starters at RB. We have a sophmore D End that started as a Frosh returning. There was also a "sleeper" (I love those!) D Tackle that is a Freshman who is probably going to start. 2 returning outside LB starters. The Middle LB started at Center last year, and is moving to TE this year, so he is no stranger to the Friday night lights. 2 returning starters in the secondary. We will be fine. The biggest concern was the D LIne, and it looks like that will be shaping up nicely by the time district rolls around.

speaking of sleepers who do you guys think will be a surprise player for us this year? offense pertty set, so i say it will be someone on defense just not sure who.

zebrablue2
08-30-2013, 06:53 AM
Game day! Bulls fans, do not be surprised by the intensity Caldwell comes out with. The new staff as the kids ready to play ( I did their scrm 2 weeks ago). Best of luck to my bulls, play hard and injury free...

YTBulldogs
08-30-2013, 08:11 AM
Stay healthy here Bellville. Play them all.

Bellville cruises, 44-0.

Red Bull
08-30-2013, 10:03 AM
Freshman Dylan Jackson will be surprise player of the year. Most everyone else we all know about so he has best chance to make biggest surprise this year. This kid will be a beast for Bellville for the next 4 years.

OLE'BULL
08-30-2013, 10:07 AM
Freshman Dylan Jackson will be surprise player of the year. Most everyone else we all know about so he has best chance to make biggest surprise this year. This kid will be a beast for Bellville for the next 4 years.

You beat me to it Red Bull, barely! Yes I am thinking and hoping he will be the big surprise. It will be nice to have him and Strieder for a couple more years on the D Line

The Bull #40
08-30-2013, 10:28 AM
GAME DAY FINALLY!!! I can't wait to see the Bulls stomp all over Caldwell tonight! Even if Caldwell is turning their program around, it won't matter tonight. Rowe will probably pull his starters at the end of the 3rd quarter. I am, however, anxious to see how this defense compares to last years after losing a lot of seniors. BULLS WIN 42-14!

"Clear eyes. Full hearts. Can't lose."

BB BULLS
08-30-2013, 10:47 AM

he looked really good in the scrim i saw, but dont know if this is true & i hope not. i heard that he should be a JR. my question is do you still get to play sports if your at a certain age if so what is the cut off age?

Red Bull
08-30-2013, 11:13 AM
BB Bulls,

What you "heard" could not be any further from the truth. The Jackson kid just turned 14 and is one of the youngest in his class. To come on this board and post something of this nature is just innapropriate. You sound like an ESPN reporter, "I heard" or "someone told me". Remember the kids / players come on this board too.

BB BULLS
08-30-2013, 11:34 AM
BB Bulls,

What you "heard" could not be any further from the truth. The Jackson kid just turned 14 and is one of the youngest in his class. To come on this board and post something of this nature is just innapropriate. You sound like an ESPN reporter, "I heard" or "someone told me". Remember the kids / players come on this board too.

" well i heard this 3ADL was a information board guess not" did not mean to offend anyone. just something i heard, like i said did not know if it was true and was asking for information and i am glad thats its not true. this should make your day Mr Red (good bye & loosen up) you do not have to worry about what you think is innapropriate. i will never post agian i will just read. that way know one will be offended mainly you sir. you have a great day and may God be with you. SORRY TO OFFEND YOU FOLKS

OldBison75
08-30-2013, 12:11 PM
BB Bulls,
Don't let this crap get under your skin. Every person on this board discusses rumors and most of the time they turn out false. The right response is to say that the source must have been talking about him being "Jackson Jr." as in just like his daddy.

Don't quit posting because one person got his panties in a wad.

Red Bull
08-30-2013, 02:24 PM
BB Bulls, You can do whatever. I just came on here and gave you the "information" you desired. Sorry for expressing my opinion on whether it was appropriate or not.

Bull's-eye
08-30-2013, 03:39 PM
I think the defense has looked good against the run, but may need some work in the secondary. Last scrimmage, Bay City hit a couple of long passes on plays where our corners had good coverage, but didn't turn & find the ball. Offense should be be fine & will get better as our QB gets a few games under his belt. The young man throws a great ball, should be fun to watch him grow.