PDA

View Full Version : Rice @ A&M

OLE'BULL
08-27-2013, 01:05 PM
Lets not let this turn in to another Johnny Football thread. I am assuming he will play. Either way, A&M should have no problem with my beloved Owls. I am just hoping that we (the Owls) can keep it interesting for a half. I guess since I will be enjoying the game from a suite, a whipping will be much easier to stomach after 10 or so German sodas and an all you can eat buffet!

JF plays- 65-14
JF doesnt play-38-10

Hoot Hoot!

coach
08-27-2013, 01:07 PM
Lets not let this turn in to another Johnny Football thread. I am assuming he will play. Either way, A&M should have no problem with my beloved Owls. I am just hoping that we (the Owls) can keep it interesting for a half. I guess since I will be enjoying the game from a suite, a whipping will be much easier to stomach after 10 or so German sodas and an all you can eat buffet!

JF plays- 65-14
JF doesnt play-38-10

Hoot Hoot!

The SID from Rice is GUARANTEEING a victory from Rice with or without JFF.I laughed in his face when he told me.

Saggy Aggie
08-27-2013, 01:15 PM
I just wanna watch football

OLE'BULL
08-27-2013, 01:16 PM
The SID from Rice is GUARANTEEING a victory from Rice with or without JFF.I laughed in his face when he told me.

Oh boy, that crow will sure taste bad for him! I am as big of an Owls fan as there is, but even I have come to terms with the fact that this will not end pretty. Rice has a zero percent chance of winning this football game. The Owls are supposed to be pretty decent this year, but that wont matter. Rice hasn't played in a place like Kyle Field in a looooonnnnggggg time. We are not used to that kind of atmosphere. The 'sips in Austin cant hold a candle to Kyle Fields atmosphere. I would love nothing more than to go in there and shatter the Ags hopes and dreams Week 1, but it just wont happen :tisk:

1st and goal
08-27-2013, 01:21 PM
There are 2 looming big questions.

1)What will the Rice Owl marching (MOB) band do at halftime and will they get saber-ed off the field?

2) Does the A&M scoreboard have 3 digits for the score?

OLE'BULL
08-27-2013, 01:24 PM

1)What will the Rice Owl marching (MOB) band do at halftime and will they get saber-ed off the field?

Hahaha. I think that I heard the MOB wont be making the trip. Supposedly they were not going to be prepared in time or some BS. They never look prepared for any of their performances, so I am not sure why it would be any different. I imagine they could have thought of some pretty good "jabs" at JFF and RSJ with all that has come out. Oh well.

And yes, A&M might need a 3 digit scoreboard. But I doubt it...

Rabid Cougar
08-27-2013, 01:47 PM
Its not like A&M's offensive line, WRs and running backs are not going to play. And their defense? I think they will play too.

Roughneck93
08-27-2013, 03:59 PM

If the MOB does show, maybe they will do this...

http://gamedayr.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/texas-am-kyle-field-manziel-autograph.jpeg

:D

A&M by 40+

Aesculus gilmus
08-27-2013, 07:50 PM
I like JFF, but I gotta root for our Gilmer guys on Rice - Luke Turner and Darrion Pollard.

Rice is definitely the smarter team. They should have a chess match after the football game is over. Am guessing television will cut away at that point, though.

buckeyebob
08-27-2013, 09:14 PM
I like JFF, but I gotta root for our Gilmer guys on Rice - Luke Turner and Darrion Pollard.

Rice is definitely the smarter team. They should have a chess match after the football game is over. Am guessing television will cut away at that point, though.

Yes indeed...two great kids

Old Tiger
08-27-2013, 09:41 PM
Rice will be playing without their two best defensive players.

oldtownag
08-28-2013, 08:33 AM

I would guess rice would be favored in a spelling contest but not by as much as you might think!

Saggy Aggie
08-28-2013, 10:10 AM
I'm honestly most interested in seeing RSJ play

Rabid Cougar
08-28-2013, 10:24 AM

Don't be so sure, NCAA minimum score for athletes to qualify to enroll in school is 17. Rice's minimum score for athletes.....19.

OLE'BULL
08-28-2013, 10:47 AM
Y'all are giving Rice to much credit. When I was there, we were not the sharpest tools in the shed, I can promise you that!!! :confused:

1st and goal
08-28-2013, 11:45 AM
Most of the athletes at Rice won't go on to get their PhD's.:stirpot::1popcorn:

Hey Aesculus, you think they'll have a test after the game?

1st and goal
08-29-2013, 08:55 AM
So the next big question is, who will Sumlin play at QB for the 1st half? Joekel or Hill?

From the BCS Eagle:

"A&M's starting quarterback for the opener has yet to be announced. Sumlin said Tuesday that the backup competition between Matt Joeckel and Kenny Hill was still "ongoing."

I'd like to see each one get a few series. I think this will work out in A&M's favor to be able to get some real game time assessment for these 2 up and comers.

coach
08-29-2013, 09:09 AM
So the next big question is, who will Sumlin play at QB for the 1st half? Joekel or Hill?

From the BCS Eagle:

"A&M's starting quarterback for the opener has yet to be announced. Sumlin said Tuesday that the backup competition between Matt Joeckel and Kenny Hill was still "ongoing."

I'd like to see each one get a few series. I think this will work out in A&M's favor to be able to get some real game time assessment for these 2 up and comers.

My vote is Joekel. When was the last time ATM threw in a freshman qb wit no experience and succeeded...

Saggy Aggie
08-29-2013, 09:27 AM
My vote is Joekel. When was the last time ATM threw in a freshman qb wit no experience and succeeded...

Lol....

1st and goal
08-29-2013, 01:34 PM
I'm kind of leaning towards Kenny Hill, I need to see Joekel throw a bit more accurately under duress to prove to me he's next in line.

hookandladder
08-29-2013, 01:43 PM
I think my cousin at Rice got something for them aggies, Rice by 10.

buff4ever
08-29-2013, 02:00 PM
I think my cousin at Rice got something for them aggies, Rice by 10.

Good to see Hook is getting his sense of humor back. Did you take my advice and enjoy a few adult beverages?

hookandladder
08-29-2013, 02:06 PM
Good to see Hook is getting his sense of humor back. Did you take my advice and enjoy a few adult beverages?

Not yet but Fair starts tonight , Rice by 10. Gotta beleive.

buff4ever
08-29-2013, 02:16 PM
Not yet but Fair starts tonight , Rice by 10. Gotta beleive.

Can't use the same joke over and over, it loses its effect.

jrhernandez7
08-29-2013, 02:45 PM
Maybe coach Sumlin will pull a shocker & start Smithville Tiger product Ace Fierro in the first half.
Not a chance being a walk on, but it would be awesome!
Ace is a incredible story that hard work does indeed pay off. Being a walk on and making the team is a great honor, especially with the 12th man tradition. He also has a twin brother on the team.
http://m.aggieathletics.com/football/roster/

Saggy Aggie
08-29-2013, 03:53 PM
Haha H&L.... Never would've thought you'd have picked rice....

hookandladder
08-29-2013, 04:08 PM
Haha H&L.... Never would've thought you'd have picked rice....

Come on man, gotta pull for my cousin. He great guy , been everywhere.

hookandladder
08-29-2013, 04:10 PM
Maybe coach Sumlin will pull a shocker & start Smithville Tiger product Ace Fierro in the first half.
Not a chance being a walk on, but it would be awesome!
Ace is a incredible story that hard work does indeed pay off. Being a walk on and making the team is a great honor, especially with the 12th man tradition. He also has a twin brother on the team.
http://m.aggieathletics.com/football/roster/

I was looking at their roster the other day and saw him on it, Congrats to him. He could sling it, must be a good kid.

1st and goal
08-29-2013, 04:47 PM
http://www.aggiesports.com/blogs/from_the_press_box/article_94f0e4d0-10de-11e3-8717-001a4bcf887a.html

another guy thinking like me...:)

hookandladder
08-29-2013, 07:15 PM
http://www.aggiesports.com/blogs/from_the_press_box/article_94f0e4d0-10de-11e3-8717-001a4bcf887a.html

another guy thinking like me...:)

I would start Ace at QB , a 3A boy.

Saggy Aggie
08-29-2013, 07:57 PM
I would start Ace at QB , a 3A boy.

Yeah and that's why you're not a coach

hookandladder
08-30-2013, 06:57 AM

How you know, I am in my second career job.

1st and goal
08-30-2013, 07:08 AM

He would start him because he wants Rice to win by 10...

The first half of this game will be interesting to watch for the Aggie faithful. We expect a lot from what should be a very capable offense. Hopefully, it will be good to see what it can do with our backup QB's. The RB's and receivers for this team have so much potential. I can't wait to watch them.