PDA

View Full Version : Ut 2013

Bullaholic
08-27-2013, 10:28 AM
Haven't seen many opinions about the 2013 Longhorns on the board. Apologies if 2013 UT was discussed in a previous thread. What do the UT faithful on here feel about the Longhorn's chances to be a top team this season? Will Johnathan Gray have the breakout season at RB that many are hoping for? Will Mack Brown make it all the way to the end of his contract in 2020? What will the 'Horns record be this season?

Bullaholic
08-27-2013, 10:31 AM
Please forgive the lower case "t" in "UT"--no luck with edit.

Emerson1
08-27-2013, 11:27 AM
I am going to be shocked if they lose more than 1 game.

Saggy Aggie
08-27-2013, 11:30 AM
I am going to be shocked if they lose more than 1 game.

Yeah because the big 12 blows

Emerson1
08-27-2013, 11:33 AM
Obviously their 1 loss will be to the only SEC foe.

Saggy Aggie
08-27-2013, 11:53 AM

:) :)

Macarthur
08-27-2013, 12:12 PM
Once again, it will hinge on their QB play. If they get good QB play, they can win 10+ games. If not, they're going to win probably 7 to 9.

coach
08-27-2013, 12:13 PM
until they get a better qb they wont scare anyone. they will lose to both oklahoma schools for sure

Macarthur
08-27-2013, 12:15 PM

You think ash has made enough strides to swing 3 games?

Matthew328
08-27-2013, 01:28 PM
You think ash has made enough strides to swing 3 games?

9-3 is my pick

Txbroadcaster
08-27-2013, 01:30 PM
Ash is not a world beater..but he is not as bad as some think...he is a guy that can guide a team to alot of wins...he just has to have the trust of a very very conservative coaching staff

Matthew328
08-27-2013, 01:33 PM
Texas' problem is they haven't had an identity on the offensive side of the ball...are they a power running team or are they a spread team? We'll see w/Harsin gone if they can develop an offensive personality and stick with it for more than a quarter

OldBison75
08-27-2013, 01:41 PM
Texas could actually be a very good team this year. I am going out on a limb and predicting they win 11 of twelve. They will have a good running game, Ash will show alot of maturity, and the defense will finally gel this year.

Now that my fantasy has been expressed--I still believe they will win 10.

Scoop27
08-27-2013, 02:14 PM
Will be watching the game on the Longhorn Network at Mr Gatti's Pizza in El Campo-Closest public place for me to watch it without having to drive to Sugar Land or Houston

ogg
08-27-2013, 02:20 PM
Haven't seen many opinions about the 2013 Longhorns on the board. Apologies if 2013 UT was discussed in a previous thread. What do the UT faithful on here feel about the Longhorn's chances to be a top team this season? Will Johnathan Gray have the break out season at RB that many are hoping for? Will Mack Brown make it all the way to the end of his contract in 2020? What will the 'Horns record be this season?

Only team that could really given them trouble would be TCU. They should win out.

ogg
08-27-2013, 02:26 PM

Yeah, the Razobacks will be tough for little brother right? LOL

Roughneck93
08-27-2013, 03:51 PM
Well you can put down losses to OU and KSU...:stirpot:

I say 9-3.

Saggy Aggie
08-27-2013, 03:57 PM
Only team that could really given them trouble would be TCU. They should win out.

Didn't the Longhorns lose to OU last year by SIX TOUCHDOWNS?!? You don't forsee there being any trouble with the sooners in your crystal ball?

Emerson1
08-27-2013, 04:06 PM
Ash is not a world beater..but he is not as bad as some think...he is a guy that can guide a team to alot of wins...he just has to have the trust of a very very conservative coaching staff
He was 20th last year in terms of QB rating. People act as if he threw 8 touchdowns and 19 interceptions. When reality it was the opposite which isn't half bad. Ash was never supposed to be on the field as a true freshman or sophomore. I am hoping Daje Johnson is Ramonce Taylor 2.0, and that they don't find a way to screw him up like Goodwin and Monroe. I have more faith in Applewhite than I ever did in Harsin. Ash seems to be the only reason people have for them only getting 9 wins. With 19 starters coming back and Desmond Harris coming in I don't see anyway they are not in a BCS bowl unless something just stupid happens.

Emerson1
08-27-2013, 04:09 PM
Didn't the Longhorns lose to OU last year by SIX TOUCHDOWNS?!? You don't forsee there being any trouble with the sooners in your crystal ball?
and OU destroyed A&M in 2011.

Trying t0o hard saggy.

Matthew328
08-27-2013, 04:10 PM
He was 20th last year in terms of QB rating. People act as if he threw 8 touchdowns and 19 interceptions. When reality it was the opposite which isn't half bad. Ash was never supposed to be on the field as a true freshman or sophomore. I am hoping Daje Johnson is Ramonce Taylor 2.0, and that they don't find a way to screw him up like Goodwin and Monroe. I have more faith in Applewhite than I ever did in Harsin. Ash seems to be the only reason people have for them only getting 9 wins. With 19 starters coming back and Desmond Harris coming in I don't see anyway they are not in a BCS bowl unless something just stupid happens.

I think you are drinking some burnt orange kool aid...there's very little difference between any of the top 5 teams in the Big 12...my guess is they all beat up on each other

Saggy Aggie
08-27-2013, 04:11 PM
and OU destroyed A&M in 2011.

Trying t0o hard saggy.ou won by 16.... Not 42....

And my bad, did Texas get a heisman winner at quarterback that I'm not aware of?

ogg
08-27-2013, 04:26 PM

And Manny Diaz should have been fired that following Monday. That game sucked. But OU is down this year and UT is improved, the Horns should roll. :)

sic'em
08-27-2013, 04:51 PM
i think they go 9-3. they lose to OU, TCU, and Baylor. I am giving them a win over OSU only bc it is in Austin.

Old Tiger
08-27-2013, 04:56 PM
Texas' problem is they haven't had an identity on the offensive side of the ball...are they a power running team or are they a spread team? We'll see w/Harsin gone if they can develop an offensive personality and stick with it for more than a quarter

That lays on Mack...he always wants to do a flavor of the year offense. They were innovative with the zone read then went away from that to a pass happy spread. After 09 game they wanted to go to a power run game. After last year they want to go to a uptempo offense.

Old Tiger
08-27-2013, 04:59 PM
ou won by 16.... Not 42....

And my bad, did Texas get a heisman winner at quarterback that I'm not aware of?
No, we just had a QB who put up the best performance ever in the best MNC game of all time. Same guy who is considered one of the top 5 greatest college QB of all time.

Also one of the winningest QB's of all time.

Emerson1
08-27-2013, 05:07 PM
ou won by 16.... Not 42....

We have 0 players on the Heisman watch list just like a&m did before last season. Oh wait, you predicated that :rolleyes:

Emerson1
08-27-2013, 05:25 PM
I think you are drinking some burnt orange kool aid...there's very little difference between any of the top 5 teams in the Big 12...my guess is they all beat up on each other
None of the other four teams have the best running back trio in the nation.

Saggy Aggie
08-27-2013, 05:30 PM
No, we just had a QB who put up the best performance ever in the best MNC game of all time. Same guy who is considered one of the top 5 greatest college QB of all time.

Also one of the winningest QB's of all time.

Lol and is he coming back to play against OU next year.... Cuz that's what we were talking about...

Saggy Aggie
08-27-2013, 05:32 PM
We have 0 players on the Heisman watch list just like a&m did before last season. Oh wait, you predicated that :rolleyes:

Not heisman prediction, but I wanted him to win the job cuz I knew he'd be good. I was ecstatic when he chose A&M, just hoped he'd get a shot. Obviously no one predicted the heisman, but I was on the Johnny bandwagon from day one... Go back and read the threads

Old Tiger
08-27-2013, 09:42 PM
Not heisman prediction, but I wanted him to win the job cuz I knew he'd be good. I was ecstatic when he chose A&M, just hoped he'd get a shot. Obviously no one predicted the heisman, but I was on the Johnny bandwagon from day one... Go back and read the threads

Captain Hindsight!

Matthew328
08-27-2013, 09:50 PM

I'd debate that...the production hasn't lived up to the hype IMO....TCU's trio of backs doesn't have the star power Texas' backs have but they have the pedigree to be right with Texas in regards to production..

Old Tiger
08-27-2013, 09:53 PM
I'd debate that...the production hasn't lived up to the hype IMO....TCU's trio of backs doesn't have the star power Texas' backs have but they have the pedigree to be right with Texas in regards to production..

I am very interested to see what the Texas line looks like when they go to this line up.

LT - Harrison
LG - Hawkins
C - Trey Hopkins
RG - Walters
RT - Cochran

IMO Espinosa has been the weak link of that offensive line due to lack of strength.

hsbtex
08-28-2013, 11:15 AM

What is wrong with you?? Best running back trio in the nation?? Are you high?

Possibly the best trio in the sunbelt conference... possibly. I want some orange kool aid

Old Tiger
08-28-2013, 11:17 AM

Possibly the best trio in the sunbelt conference... possibly. I want some orange kool aid

You're a douche.

Saggy Aggie
08-28-2013, 11:23 AM
Idk, I think Malena, Williams & Williams can hold their own...

hsbtex
08-28-2013, 11:32 AM
You're a douche.

Be careful Tigger

coach
08-28-2013, 11:38 AM
Idk, I think Malena, Williams & Williams can hold their own...

ATM and Texas have the 2 best running back squad in the nation. Id let you choose which 3 you would want and be stoked about who was left. All 6 are freaking studs.

1st and goal
08-28-2013, 11:38 AM
What does burnt orange koolade taste like OT?

It must have intoxicating effects.

Roughneck93
08-28-2013, 11:40 AM

Come on now.

Roughneck93
08-28-2013, 11:41 AM
ATM and Texas have the 2 best running back squad in the nation. Id let you choose which 3 you would want and be stoked about who was left. All 6 are freaking studs.

:iagree:

Roughneck93
08-28-2013, 11:49 AM
Texas will be wearing these helmets to open the season...

http://l1.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/y7dK24fJUPxkaU7p4z90Kg--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTYzMA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/sptusncaafexperts/TexasNumbers.jpg

Players will vote on wearing them the entire season.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/texas-wear-numbers-above-helmet-logos-season-opener-215856713.html