PDA

View Full Version : Fairfield ? Who are those guys?

FAIRMAN
10-08-2003, 07:55 PM
Last week someone asked "where is Fairfield". I laughed because we really don't want you to know until the playoffs. Maybe the scouts won't be able to find us until it is too late! I have been reading for weeks and never saw one comment about us having a contending team. I guess maybe it is better since we play a tough district game Friday and we don't want to be guilty of counting our chickens. We are hoping for another cold rainey night in late November or December just like last year. That is right, no shoe contracts...just a head knocking good time.

cunbed10
10-09-2003, 07:29 AM
FAIRMAN:
Last week someone asked "where is Fairfield". I laughed because we really don't want you to know until the playoffs. Maybe the scouts won't be able to find us until it is too late! I have been reading for weeks and never saw one comment about us having a contending team. I guess maybe it is better since we play a tough district game Friday and we don't want to be guilty of counting our chickens. We are hoping for another cold rainey night in late November or December just like last year. That is right, no shoe contracts...just a head knocking good time.I passed through Fairfield Friday, on my way to Ennis, I'm familiar with Fairfield, and we were in the same district a couple of years ago, and it got pretty ugly for fairfield, now you guys program has come along and Marlin vs Fairfield should be a good game.

bobcat85
10-09-2003, 08:23 AM
Fairman I think more people than you think know about Fairfield. At the first of the year we were getting regular reports from a couple of posters close to the action there and for some reason they have been absent as of late. Maybe those guys don't want us to know what is going on in Fairfield.

Mid80'sTarpon
10-09-2003, 08:45 AM
FAIRMAN:
Last week someone asked "where is Fairfield". I laughed because we really don't want you to know until the playoffs. Maybe the scouts won't be able to find us until it is too late! I have been reading for weeks and never saw one comment about us having a contending team. I guess maybe it is better since we play a tough district game Friday and we don't want to be guilty of counting our chickens. We are hoping for another cold rainey night in late November or December just like last year. That is right, no shoe contracts...just a head knocking good time.RANK TEAM
1. Burnet (6)
2. Daingerfield
3. Bellville
(t) 3. Forney
5. Gilmer
6. Newton
7. Midland Greenwood
8. Rice Consolidated
9. Celina
10. Gainesville
11. Kennedale
12. Navasota
13. Fairfield

Looks like they're right there in the mix, according to the composite poll above. I think you're in teams radar. I think your players and fans have been quiet, which is a good thing, meaning you guys are focusing on playing the game and not talking about it.

eaglefan
10-09-2003, 10:15 AM
I believe that I am one of the regular posters that you were referring to. I have given a post after each game about the Eagles, unfortunately I just don't get many replies and therefore it goes far down on the board to where nobody sees it. There are not a whole lot of people on here from district 19-3A, and therefore not much interest in the posts. I really don't think that the Eagle players or the coaching staff mind the lack of attention. Rankings are fun, articles in newspapers are fun, but deep playoff runs are the most fun of all.

zeke
10-09-2003, 11:46 AM
<small>[ November 10, 2003, 04:56 PM: Message edited by: zeke ]</small>

Bellville22
10-09-2003, 01:09 PM
I have a great respect for Fairfield. Last year they held the Brahmas to their lowest point total of the year, in a thrilling, down to the last play, playoff game. I think they return quite a few from that team. I've noticed them a couple times on FX HS Sports show.

I consider them a contender for sure. Region 3 is loaded, gonna come down to who catches the right breaks at the right time.

Best of luck to Fairfield, look forward to another great matchup down the road.

Downsouth
10-09-2003, 01:11 PM
Don't the Fairfield Buzzards play the Teague Pigs this week? Big rivalry. Nothing like a Sam's buffet and Ponte's fajitas.

dwhite_eaglesfan
10-09-2003, 05:25 PM
Hey eaglefan have not had a chance to post, but i'm here now. Thank's Bellville22 for the respect, have great deal of respect for you guys. I am wondering where Bigmeaty79 is, myself,maybe he will come out and play in a couple of weeks. Looking for good game tommorrow in Teague. If we continue to take care of business people will know where Fairfield is.

M-square
10-09-2003, 06:28 PM
I bit Fairfield coudn't beat Marlin.

Bulldog for life

dwhite_eaglesfan
10-09-2003, 06:45 PM
At this point i'm not sure Marlin can beat Rockdale,but we'll see.

3ahunter2k4
10-09-2003, 06:49 PM

eaglefan
10-10-2003, 09:38 AM
Sorry guys, the computer at my house has been down so I have not been able to post. First of all I have to say that the Fairfield Eagles have a lot of respect for the Bellville Brahmas also, and I, like a lot of other fans I am sure, try to keep up with Bellville's progress also. After a game as thrilling as that of last year at Bowers Stadium, how can you not have respect for the opposing team. As for tonite against Teague, this is gonna be a good one. Teague has stepped up the past 3 weeks and played some really good football and I really think that they can give Fairfield some trouble. The rivalry factor will definitely be shown, but I think the big deal will be the running of Kenneth Mims. For the past 2 seasons the Eagle defense has done an excellent job of team defense, but the one thing that has seemed to give them problems is a premier back (Cody Glenn the past 2 yrs, Brindt Winn, and Salundras Duncan). Kenneth Mims is a premier back, and with 145 yards and 3 scores last week in the upset I think he proved that. Also with Teague's ball control style they always give themselves a chance. I know they scored 38 points last week but that is not very characteristic and if it becomes a higher scoring affair you definitely have to give the edge to Fairfield, especially if they come out early and score with those tremendous athletes. Bottom line though, its gonna be a great game but great games are decided by great players and frankly Fairfield has more of them. Fairfield 16, Teague 13.

M-square
10-10-2003, 10:39 AM
We can beat everybody in yall district.

Bulldog for Life

eaglefan
10-10-2003, 10:57 AM
Well kid, I am glad that you are as confident as you are. I'll agree that Marlin is one of the premier teams in the state, despite their record and have taken up for ya time and time again on this site, so please don't give me reason to do otherwise. I have a lot of respect for Marlin and the program over there, and I know we at Fairfield would appreciate it if you had the same for us. Both of these teams could end up meeting up later down the line, so there is no reason to fuel a fire that hasn't even been started yet.

dwhite_eaglesfan
10-10-2003, 03:12 PM
some people have trouble giving respect. That is, more times than not the ones that have trouble in the end. We do have respect for Marlin. They better have respect for every team they play. Like I said before Marlin better worry about Rockdale and the rest of their schedule before they worry about Fairfiel or any teams in 19-AAA.

marlin fan
10-10-2003, 04:34 PM
M square who are you??? and eaglefan I just want you to know that i have respect for fairfield and i know alot of other people from marlin do to so dont let that M square kid get to you!!!

eaglefan
10-10-2003, 05:29 PM
i figured that most everyone in marlin had respect for us, it is definitely a mutual thing. good luck to marlin this week and all through district, they will be the district champion and make some noise in the playoffs without question.