PDA

View Full Version : Rsj...

Saggy Aggie
08-26-2013, 04:53 PM
Article just came out that says RSJ was offered 600K to sign with another school....

speedbump
08-26-2013, 04:57 PM
Article just came out that says RSJ was offered 600K to sigh with another school....

Wonder what they were gonna pay the coach to teach him to block.

Saggy Aggie
08-26-2013, 04:57 PM
Apparently from a top 20 program...

Another report is that one ACC and one SEC school said they'd double any offer.

300K cash, 1500 a month, 8 season tix, luxury suites... Etc.

Old Tiger
08-26-2013, 05:55 PM
Article just came out that says RSJ was offered 600K to sign with another school....

His whole recruiting process was sketchy. Deep in his heart he wanted to be a horn. Texas rescinded their offer to him. It all bases around rsjs father. There was big time speculation on him throughout the process.

Weebe
08-26-2013, 06:01 PM
It was a Texas booster who made the offer. It started to become public and Texas backed off.

Manso/V8
08-26-2013, 06:20 PM
His whole recruiting process was sketchy. Deep in his heart he wanted to be a horn. Texas rescinded their offer to him. It all bases around rsjs father. There was big time speculation on him throughout the process.

Chester.

Old Tiger
08-26-2013, 06:30 PM
It was a Texas booster who made the offer. It started to become public and Texas backed off.

Doubtful, considering RSJ committed to Texas very early in the process. It was RSJ's father who announced RSJ had decommitted to Texas. RSJ's own HS coach didn't know about it till later on in the week and was shocked that RSJ did decommit. From what I heard from someone connected to RSJ's family his dad was a shady character and RSJ didn't have much of an opinion on where he was going to play college ball.

Weebe
08-26-2013, 06:37 PM
Doubtful, considering RSJ committed to Texas very early in the process. It was RSJ's father who announced RSJ had decommitted to Texas. RSJ's own HS coach didn't know about it till later on in the week and was shocked that RSJ did decommit. From what I heard from someone connected to RSJ's family his dad was a shady character and RSJ didn't have much of an opinion on where he was going to play college ball.

My information comes from a prominent former teammates' father. I'll stick with the source.

Saggy Aggie
08-26-2013, 06:44 PM
My information comes from a prominent former teammates' father. I'll stick with the source.

Oooooooooh

Roughneck93
08-26-2013, 07:35 PM
Damn 600K??

This supposed offer also came with use of a luxury suite during the season and eight season tix. Yeah this wouldn't have drawn attention...

Roughneck93
08-26-2013, 07:45 PM
Pretty good read for those that haven't seen the article...

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaaf---the-system--a-great-read-on-college-football-s-inner-workings-202143287.html

maestro
08-26-2013, 07:48 PM
One wonders if this has something to do with the fact that RSJ has been exposed to AAU flesh peddlers in summer hoops travels since forever....

Once kids and families are shown that door......

Old Tiger
08-26-2013, 07:48 PM
One wonders if this has something to do with the fact that RSJ has been exposed to AAU flesh peddlers in summer hoops travels since forever....

Once kids and families are shown that door......I'm getting the feeling this story came out because of something bigger brewing.

maestro
08-26-2013, 07:53 PM
Pretty good read for those that haven't seen the article...

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaaf---the-system--a-great-read-on-college-football-s-inner-workings-202143287.html

I've always thought that cute college coeds serving as " hosts " to male athletes was more than a little scary.

Old Tiger
08-26-2013, 07:56 PM
Also these kind of things aren't new to Sealy and they aren't new to A&M either.

http://hulkhatetimetravel.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/eric-gold-trans-am.jpg

Old Tiger
08-26-2013, 08:07 PM
obligatory pic of Tennessee chick

http://i.imgur.com/O9bJS2C.jpg

Weebe
08-26-2013, 08:10 PM
Also these kind of things aren't new to Sealy and they aren't new to A&M either.

http://hulkhatetimetravel.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/eric-gold-trans-am.jpg

Except for the fact that nothing in the article says A&M paid him money. It's funny how you overlook all of the signs in the article that point to Texas being the one that offered money.

Typical of an uneducated Texas fan I suppose.

Old Tiger
08-26-2013, 08:14 PM
Except for the fact that nothing in the article says A&M paid him money. It's funny how you overlook all of the signs in the article that point to Texas being the one that offered money.

Why don't we use the logic the Aggies are using in regard to Manziel? Where is your proof? By some random persons father who was teammates with RSJ? Or by the recruits father? "We need to see proof."

Roughneck93
08-26-2013, 08:16 PM
obligatory pic of Tennessee chick

http://i.imgur.com/O9bJS2C.jpg

Lol, "The Closer"

http://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp280/sicemdogs/Picture-9.png

Old Tiger
08-26-2013, 08:17 PM
Lol, "The Closer"

http://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp280/sicemdogs/Picture-9.png

There was no sex at all, allegedly.

Weebe
08-26-2013, 08:25 PM
Why don't we use the logic the Aggies are using in regard to Manziel? Where is your proof? By some random persons father who was teammates with RSJ? Or by the recruits father? "We need to see proof."

Again, your intellectual limitations are hampering you. You can't prove a negative. They must not have taught you such things at DeVry.

RSJ was never paid. Just offered money.

The only proof that exists is the word of the parties to the conversations.

Old Tiger
08-26-2013, 08:29 PM
Again, your intellectual limitations are hampering you. You can't prove a negative. They must not have taught you such things at DeVry.

So your telling me a player and his father who have strong ties to AAU are so righteous of people that they turned down that kind of money and incentives to go to A&M to play for free?

Weebe
08-26-2013, 08:31 PM

What's even more confusing is that you believe RSJ's dad when he says that multiple teams offered money(presumably because you believe it makes A&M and/or RSJ look bad).

But you refuse to believe me when I tell you that RSJ's dad has told multiple people that it was Texas that made the offer.

In your world, you get to selectively decide which of his dad's statements to believe.

Weebe
08-26-2013, 08:33 PM
So your telling me a player and his father who have strong ties to AAU are so righteous of people that they turned down that kind of money and incentives to go to A&M to play for free?

I have no idea. I didn't know he was accused of taking money from anyone, including A&M.

Old Tiger
08-26-2013, 08:44 PM
After RSJ decommitted to Texas, all his trips were with an AAU coach, to A&M and LSU.

Weebe
08-26-2013, 08:49 PM
After RSJ decommitted to Texas, all his trips were with an AAU coach, to A&M and LSU.

Interesting..?

Old Tiger
08-26-2013, 09:07 PM
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/recruiting/football/story/_/id/8014189/ricky-seals-jones-top-wr-recruit-decommints-texas-longhorns

Article about his decommitment out of no where

not to mention A&M has been associated with bidding wars with LSU before and associated with guys like Lyles and Flennory.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/campusrivalry/post/2011/03/will-lyles-patrick-peterson-texas-a38m-80000/1#.UhwHsJ0o7VI

This was posted by Matt328 regarding A&M

Matthew328 View Profile View Forum Posts Private Message View Blog Entries View Articles Add as Contact Matthew328 is offline
All-American

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Join Date Jun 2001
Location Fort Worth, TX
Posts 13,184 Send a message via Yahoo to Matthew328 Default
I've heard rumblings of another A&M commit and some shady stuff going on with an "advisor" no idea if its true or not but that's the talk among some in the business. Could just be sour grapes from some....

Old Tiger
08-26-2013, 09:13 PM
After doing more research I came across this...

"When he didn’t get an “insurance policy” from Texas because of hi s ACL, he found a rogue Texas booster who offered to help him out. When Texas found out about this, they cut ties to RS-J and reprimanded said booster. "

Gone Fishing
08-26-2013, 09:16 PM

LOL, very good one! I have no dog in the fight by the way, just thought it was very funny , Oh and I used to out run cars like that with my 68 Chevy....

Weebe
08-26-2013, 09:23 PM
not to mention A&M has been associated with bidding wars with LSU before and associated with guys like Lyles and Flennory.

http://m.espn.go.com/general/story?storyId=7213699&src=desktop

Weebe
08-26-2013, 09:24 PM
After doing more research I came across this...

"When he didn’t get an “insurance policy” from Texas because of hi s ACL, he found a rogue Texas booster who offered to help him out. When Texas found out about this, they cut ties to RS-J and reprimanded said booster. "

Pretty much what I heard.

Old Tiger
08-26-2013, 09:41 PM
Pretty much what I heard.

correct, so rsj sought out those payments presumably with his AAU coach.

Old Tiger
08-26-2013, 09:45 PM
http://m.espn.go.com/general/story?storyId=7213699&src=desktop

http://www.barkingcarnival.com/2011/11/10/will-lyles-and-the-texas-longhorns-outside-the-lines-investigates/

Weebe
08-26-2013, 09:57 PM
You always seem to find ways to dismiss Texas' connections to these guys. I have never tried to do that in regards to A&M, whether warranted or not.

Mainly because I'm not a hypocrite.

Manso/V8
08-27-2013, 12:12 AM
It seems like people keep trying to make a big deal out of nothing.

Insurance for his ACL? He has never had an ACL problem. He dislocated his knee cap in the game against St. Pius X, and was back at full speed before the end of the season. I saw him play against Bellville. I think he had "jumper's knee", I assume from playing so much basketball, but that went away as well.

If he went on recruiting trips with an AAU coach, it was probably because at the time, he wanted to play basketball as well.

Early on, before he committed to Texas, the talk around the county was that LSU was his first choice.
Watching him over the years, and from other kids have said, it seemed like basketball was his favorite sport.

Weebe
08-27-2013, 06:37 AM
Apparently, all kids who plays AAU take money from colleges.

Amazing that the NCAA hasn't caught on to this.

maestro
08-27-2013, 08:57 AM
Apparently, all kids who plays AAU take money from colleges.

Amazing that the NCAA hasn't caught on to this.

It's not directly from colleges.

The shoe companies seek out contracts with the street peddler/agent coaches who flood the kids with their every need.

This has produced " Nike Kids " and " Adidas Kids " trying to be paired up with Nike or Adidas schools.

If you have the time, read the book, Playing Their Hearts Out.

Kids being recruited as young as 6th and 7th grade. An eye opening read.

It begs the argument of " abuse of kids " vs. " investing in their future"

I'm sure the Harrison twins' father considers all of their hard work a great investment that turned to a Kentucky scholarship.

Sorry, got long winded. Not a fan of the aau circuit. But it was born out of the UIL's history of restricting Texas kids from proper hoops coaching by their public school coaches.

Weebe
08-27-2013, 10:19 AM
I also think there is a lot of abuse within the AAU system. But to say that because a kid plays AAU it means he likely takes money is ridiculous.

Hater
08-27-2013, 11:12 AM
If RSJ was getting 600k offers, then Johnny Autograph got screwed with his measly little $7,500.

Eagle11
08-27-2013, 11:17 AM
If RSJ was getting 600k offers, then Johnny Autograph got screwed with his measly little $7,500.

I would agree. I fell sorry for Johnny. Can't go to school because people are asking for his autograph I hear they are having a party to celebrate all the national championships they have won

Eagle11
08-27-2013, 12:53 PM
I hate auto spell. I feel

Matthew328
08-27-2013, 01:53 PM
There isnt a school that plays big time college football and is any good that doesn't have to get dirty every once in a while...Texas and A&M included

Weebe
08-27-2013, 05:15 PM
There isnt a school that plays big time college football and is any good that doesn't have to get dirty every once in a while...Texas and A&M included

Totally agree. I just can't stand when other fans point fingers at other schools while not acknowledging their school also likely plays the game.

Also, the higher profile players you recruit the more likely you are to run into these issues.

Manso/V8
08-27-2013, 05:46 PM
The strange world of jock sniffers and I think there are a few wannabe jock sniffers on this board.......

Roughneck93
08-27-2013, 05:58 PM
600k, he should have taken the money.:evillol:

gambler1606
08-27-2013, 06:07 PM
If someone said they would give Chester Jones 600k, he would take it in a heartbeat. He doesn't have a JOB!!