PDA

View Full Version : UIL Rules on Scoreboards

bwdlionfan
08-26-2013, 04:48 PM
Are there any UIL rules regarding scoreboards? Particularly the color of light bulbs that are used in them or what has to be visible on the scoreboard?

I am assuming there isn't, but you never know. I always considered a scoreboard to be a "luxury" that is mainly for the fans since the officials can keep track of everything on the field when needed.

cougartino
08-26-2013, 04:52 PM
Good question. But since most are revenue makers, I don't think the UIL will hinder them.

bwdlionfan
08-27-2013, 06:52 AM
Good question. But since most are revenue makers, I don't think the UIL will hinder them.

Thanks, I have searched and can not find any mention regarding scoreboards from UIL. I might be looking in the wrong place though. Who knows

buckeyebob
08-27-2013, 07:26 AM
If you can have a jumbotron that rivals Jerry's World, it would appear there are none or a large contribution is in order.

bp80884
08-28-2013, 06:29 PM
If you can have a jumbotron that rivals Jerry's World, it would appear there are none or a large contribution is in order.

I thought I read once where they could not Showa replaymore than once and not in slow motion. Not sure if that is a rule or not but I read it some where.

regaleagle
08-28-2013, 07:02 PM
I wonder how many high schools now have scoreboards that show the replay. I wonder if Texas or Calif. has the most. I doubt if Fla. or any other states have the number that are now in Texas and Calif. for the high school level(in a real high school only football stadium).

Scoop27
08-28-2013, 07:12 PM
I can remember going to a few games growing up as a kid in the 1950s where the clock had the two hands on it as well as well as no digit what yardline the ball was on