PDA

View Full Version : Liberty Hill vs Giddings

panfan
08-26-2013, 04:31 PM
This Friday, LH takes on the Buffs. Panthers are still bent out of shape over last year's 4th quarter loss in the last buck thirty of time. Looking for some revenge and a new start for the season. LH will take this one by 2 TDs. So let it be written, so let it be done.

Turin
08-26-2013, 05:38 PM
Amen brother!

Cam
08-26-2013, 07:10 PM
This Friday, LH takes on the Buffs. Panthers are still bent out of shape over last year's 4th quarter loss in the last buck thirty of time. Looking for some revenge and a new start for the season. LH will take this one by 2 TDs. So let it be written, so let it be done.

well shoot panfan....looks like you've written it......now it's just gotta get done......I'm gonna go with the Barney Purples in this game....only on the premises that the ol' fart Vance will have them ready to play and the kids will be excited to play in their brand new coliseum.....but Giddings always has talent (especially in the speed department) and will put up a fight!....I'd be real careful and ya'll might want some extra security on the visitors side....buff4ever is a heck of a painter and he may just sneak in his paint brush and a small can of paint!.....:D

panfan
08-27-2013, 07:26 AM
well shoot panfan....looks like you've written it......now it's just gotta get done......I'm gonna go with the Barney Purples in this game....only on the premises that the ol' fart Vance will have them ready to play and the kids will be excited to play in their brand new coliseum.....but Giddings always has talent (especially in the speed department) and will put up a fight!....I'd be real careful and ya'll might want some extra security on the visitors side....buff4ever is a heck of a painter and he may just sneak in his paint brush and a small can of paint!.....:D

Where the heck is buff and the rest of the Giddings faithful?

buff4ever
08-27-2013, 08:50 AM
I figured all the money LH spent on their facilities, I shouldn't have to bring my paint kit Cam.

This will be a fun game to watch. Always nice to break in a new stadium, and it will be interesting to see what the buffs bring to the match up. With quite a few seniors graduating last year, it will be exciting to see who steps up and fills those holes. Typically in Giddings there is someone to step in.

Cam
08-27-2013, 10:47 AM
I figured all the money LH spent on their facilities, I shouldn't have to bring my paint kit Cam.

This will be a fun game to watch. Always nice to break in a new stadium, and it will be interesting to see what the buffs bring to the match up. With quite a few seniors graduating last year, it will be exciting to see who steps up and fills those holes. Typically in Giddings there is someone to step in.

yeah...but I figured you might brush on a little black and gold graffiti somewhere!......:eek:....just kiddin', I know you're not that kind of guy!.........Is the buffalo finished or not???.....

buff4ever
08-27-2013, 10:54 AM
yeah...but I figured you might brush on a little black and gold graffiti somewhere!......:eek:....just kiddin', I know you're not that kind of guy!.........Is the buffalo finished or not???.....

Hey Cam, if you don't like our buffalo, then stop looking at it. We like it okay, Sometimes a painter can only do what he is asked, he can't do what he knows would be better, okay? Why do you hate on the buffaloe? By the way i think your little finger face thing is stupid.:wave:

Pudlugger
08-27-2013, 11:06 AM
Giddings will surprise some folks Friday. Even without home field advantage the Buffs take this one by 7.

buff4ever
08-27-2013, 11:09 AM
You know we are going to LH to play in their new stadium. Maybe you are implying that if LH didn't have home field advantage we would win by more than 10. I would take that.

This should be a good game, and yes, I agree that Giddings will come to play as usual. I know that LH will not want to accept a loss for the first game in there stadium, but would love to hand them that very loss if we can.

Cam
08-27-2013, 12:13 PM
Hey Cam, if you don't like our buffalo, then stop looking at it. We like it okay, Sometimes a painter can only do what he is asked, he can't do what he knows would be better, okay? Why do you hate on the buffaloe? By the way i think your little finger face thing is stupid.:wave:

Mission accomplished....I have finally annoyed buff4ever!.....having a bad day dude??.....My avatar is stupid?....I am deeply hurt!...I worked so hard to get the lighting on that thing just right!...here I thought it was a work of art!....and now, you've trashed it!......:bigcry:......I will never be the same person again......By the way, I don't hate the buffalo...fact, I think ya'll should have a whole herd of em'!.....that would look pretty cool!....Of course, they'd have to be painted!......:D.....I'll go now and sulk in my little corner and wonder where I went wrong with my stupid finger.......:crying:

Go Buffalos....or is that Buffaloes? .....I never can decide the proper way to spell it....I think it's good either way....:wave:

buff4ever
08-27-2013, 12:28 PM
Mission accomplished....I have finally annoyed buff4ever!.....having a bad day dude??.....My avatar is stupid?....I am deeply hurt!...I worked so hard to get the lighting on that thing just right!...here I thought it was a work of art!....and now, you've trashed it!......:bigcry:......I will never be the same person again......By the way, I don't hate the buffalo...fact, I think ya'll should have a whole herd of em'!.....that would look pretty cool!....Of course, they'd have to be painted!......:D.....I'll go now and sulk in my little corner and wonder where I went wrong with my stupid finger.......:crying:

Go Buffalos....or is that Buffaloes? .....I never can decide the proper way to spell it....I think it's good either way....:wave:

I need to talk to the money guys, a herd of those up at the hill near the highway would look awesome. Good point Cam, thanks. If you would have used your thumb, I think the finger thing would have come across a lot better.

Cam
08-27-2013, 12:37 PM
I need to talk to the money guys, a herd of those up at the hill near the highway would look awesome. Good point Cam, thanks. If you would have used your thumb, I think the finger thing would have come across a lot better.

I tried using my thumb at first, but I couldn't bend my wrist around enough to point the camera at it......I'm just not that flexible!.....Plus, I don't have the most attractive thumbs in the world....they're worse lookin' than Megan Fox's thumbs!!!:crazy1: http://meganfoxthumbs.com/megan-fox/megan-fox-thumbs.htm

Turin
08-27-2013, 12:49 PM
Giddings will surprise some folks Friday. Even without home field advantage the Buffs take this one by 7.

Just like you asked the other guy on the LG-MF thread, what are you basing this on? I was encouraged by LH's scrimmage outing against La Grange as I expect La Grange to be good this year.

1st and goal
08-27-2013, 12:54 PM

You see, I think that that's Cam's middle finger and thus, stealthily, he's been shooting the rod at all of us for quite some time. Even with a smirk face drawn on it too. How incredulous.

Buffs by 7. Contemplating coming to watch... Will be HOT! News said 103° on Friday (yesterday).

panfan
08-27-2013, 01:07 PM
You see, I think that that's Cam's middle finger and thus, stealthily, he's been shooting the rod at all of us for quite some time. Even with a smirk face drawn on it too. How incredulous.

Buffs by 7. Contemplating coming to watch... Will be HOT! News said 103° on Friday (yesterday).

I said that way back when the finger first appeared!!! CAM- he is sly. Now back to football. It will be a tough game as I think both teams are looking to shake off the rust for that season opener. Lets hope the scoreboard arrives and is installed by Friday night or we'll have students on a platform where the scoreboard should be holding up poster boards and the fans will just have to guess about the clock time and quarter. At least the posts are in the ground where it should be!

Cam
08-27-2013, 01:07 PM

Nope, that would be my pointer finger!.....And I would never shoot the rod at anyone!....Can't remember the last time I even did that.......

And stop your contemplatin'....103 ain't that bad!:flaming:........You need to go....I think it's gonna be a great game in a brand new venue (coliseum)!!!......

1st and goal
08-27-2013, 01:18 PM
Nope, that would be my pointer finger!.....And I would never shoot the rod at anyone!....Can't remember the last time I even did that.......

And stop your contemplatin'....103 ain't that bad!:flaming:........You need to go....I think it's gonna be a great game in a brand new venue (coliseum)!!!......

It ain't the heat that'll keep me away. Logistics and time.

Pudlugger
08-27-2013, 01:37 PM
Just like you asked the other guy on the LG-MF thread, what are you basing this on? I was encouraged by LH's scrimmage outing against La Grange as I expect La Grange to be good this year.

You make a good point and I should have provided more facts to back up my prediction. Here is my thinking on this game. Giddings always seems to start out strong and plays well on the road. Giddings, like LH, seems to pull talent out of their community much like rabbits out of the magician's hat. Both teams are in rebuilding modes so it is pretty much a toss up there. So everything else being equal I think the Buffs will pull off an upset by a td or less. In any event it will be a close and well fought victory for whoever wins. So I admit i am basing my position on pretty thin gruel. Maybe because I saw them snatch victory from the Leps several times this past 10 years. Giddings just does that so often you start to think that it is some kind of special talent they have. I know it sounds crazy but the Buffs have a way of mugging you in the final quarter.

buff4ever
08-27-2013, 01:41 PM
You make a good point and I should have provided more facts to back up my prediction. Here is my thinking on this game. Giddings always seems to start out strong and plays well on the road. Giddings, like LH, seems to pull talent out of their community much like rabbits out of the magician's hat. Both teams are in rebuilding modes so it is pretty much a toss up there. So everything else being equal I think the Buffs will pull off an upset by a td or less. In any event it will be a close and well fought victory for whoever wins. So what i am basing by position on is pretty thin gruel I admit. Maybe because I saw them snatch victory from the jaws of defeat several times against LG this past 10 years. Giddings just does that so often you start to think that it is some kind of special talent they have. I know it sounds crazy but the Buffs have a wa of mugging you in the final quarter.

Many years of never quitting, and never accepting defeat until it is over. Winning has been expected around here for longer than just the past 10 years.

LH has that same expectation, and that is what makes these games so much fun. It doesn't matter if thre is new talent, old talent, rebuilding or already in place talent, these match ups seldom let you down as a spectator.

hookandladder
08-27-2013, 01:46 PM
I see a toss up game here also, have to go with LH at home.

buff4ever
08-27-2013, 01:50 PM
I see a toss up game here also, have to go with LH at home.

What do you know hook, you don't even know how to raise your boy.:crazy:

Turin
08-27-2013, 01:51 PM
I can respect those thoughts. Last year was certainly an entertaining game with wild momentum swings. Giddings up by 10, LH scores 20 unanswered and then the wild 22-9 fourth quarter. My guess is that this game comes down to how the new LH offenisve line does against the new Giddings defense. Who is going to step up and figure it out in their first Varsity start?

buff4ever
08-28-2013, 08:05 AM
Wednesday is here, Friday can't be far away. It is about time the friday night lights are back. Come on 1st and goal, I know you can post. The other buff posters are waiting to see what we look like, I can respect that, but you always have something to say.

1st and goal
08-28-2013, 08:36 AM
Yes, I am totally ready for the season to start. However, I was unable to make the scrimmage against Rudder last week, so I am still in the dark about the team's progress. If it is as hot as the weather guys predict, I feel sorry for the players going both ways. Better bring some of those water mist fans.

I remember when this rivalry was quite heated, having 2 teams that were quite capable. I think the Buffs are quietly preparing to make some noise on the field. We lost a bunch of talent last year, but we had a bunch of talent on JV which I feel can fill some big shoes. For sure we will be throwing the ball to keep a balanced attack. If we can hit a few of those long passes, I think we can keep the game in our favor. Getting a fast but young defense to stop a well oiled slot T offense is a big expectation. LH will grind it out on the ground, eating up time, and will get theirs. Question is, can our defense get a few stops or turnovers? I think so.

Question to LH, how many young men did you guys lose to graduation? How many returning starters? I really respect Coach Vance. He is a class act from my perspective. Let's hope we have a clean, hard fought game.

YTBulldogs
08-28-2013, 08:41 AM
What do you know hook, you don't even know how to raise your boy.:crazy:

Awww, hook raised his son to be thoughtful and kind. Didn't he bring ya'll a baseball trophy your team forgot in LG?:spitlol:

Giddings speed secures this one late, 30-28.

1st and goal
08-28-2013, 08:54 AM
Yah, but Hook can't seem to spell Heisman...what is a Hesiman?

YTBulldogs
08-28-2013, 09:07 AM
Yah, but Hook can't seem to spell Heisman...what is a Hesiman?

Luckily, Logan took his momma's brains.:clap:

1st and goal
08-28-2013, 09:22 AM
Luckily, Logan took his momma's brains.:clap:
Hey Hook, I'm pretty sure where you'll be on Saturday... Will Logan get some snaps?

We need more posters from Giddings. Buff4ever, call your peeps.

panfan
08-28-2013, 09:23 AM
Yes, I am totally ready for the season to start. However, I was unable to make the scrimmage against Rudder last week, so I am still in the dark about the team's progress. If it is as hot as the weather guys predict, I feel sorry for the players going both ways. Better bring some of those water mist fans.

I remember when this rivalry was quite heated, having 2 teams that were quite capable. I think the Buffs are quietly preparing to make some noise on the field. We lost a bunch of talent last year, but we had a bunch of talent on JV which I feel can fill some big shoes. For sure we will be throwing the ball to keep a balanced attack. If we can hit a few of those long passes, I think we can keep the game in our favor. Getting a fast but young defense to stop a well oiled slot T offense is a big expectation. LH will grind it out on the ground, eating up time, and will get theirs. Question is, can our defense get a few stops or turnovers? I think so.

Question to LH, how many young men did you guys lose to graduation? How many returning starters? I really respect Coach Vance. He is a class act from my perspective. Let's hope we have a clean, hard fought game.

We actually lost very few starters on defense and more importantly, those that didn't start were in a rotation throughout last season so they got plenty of reps during game time situations. Defense is stiff unlike last year (at least all indications thus far suggest that). Offense, most starters we lost were off the o-line with one returning lineman. No worries, all on the line are Juniors who either played some varsity last year or were on a hot undefeated JV team. They will get the job done. Most of the backfield is back in place, except QB and tailback, but we got some good speed and talented kids there. All in all, I think we have a very well rounded team, with good experience. We'll see if my judgement of what we have is accurate Friday evening. I think it is. In our two scrimmages against La Grange and Sealy - we did well. Outscored La Grange and tied Sealy (and they had some speed). Both ran spread offenses and our D was able to make the adjustments.

Had the lights on early this morning while it was dark - Damn those things were bright. I guess the dim lighting of the old stadium won't work to our advantage in terms of hiding the ball this season at home games!

1st and goal
08-28-2013, 11:33 AM
Had the lights on early this morning while it was dark - Damn those things were bright. I guess the dim lighting of the old stadium won't work to our advantage in terms of hiding the ball this season at home games!

Maybe y'all should adjust your uniforms to incorporate a brown patch on the chest area about ball carrying height.:2thumbsup:2thumbsup

Hook still can't spell Heisman....:)

panfan
08-28-2013, 11:41 AM
Maybe y'all should adjust your uniforms to incorporate a brown patch on the chest area about ball carrying height.:2thumbsup:2thumbsup

why do that - we have dark purple uniforms, the new field is purple, and we will have a special game time ball that is also purple - I just said the lights were bright, but we have a solution to that!!! :ack!:

1st and goal
08-28-2013, 11:57 AM
I should've known....a purple football. I'm bringing my handheld spotlight so I can shine it on the ball carrier from the stands.:wave:

http://www.wickedlasers.com/torch

So what if we passed out laser pointers to all the Buff fan's as they arrive?

Cam
08-28-2013, 12:15 PM

if there's one thing I've learned on the Downlow, it's that nobody on here can spell worth a darn!.....:doh:

panfan
08-28-2013, 01:52 PM
Scoreboard is up - Does it work? But it is up. You go ahead with that laser pointer thing. I can see it now - hundreds of Buff fans shining their little red dots down on what they think is the ball, Buff defenders going after the wrong guy, and our guy with the ball standing in the endzone. OR ya'll will be shining those little laser lights and the reflection off those gold helmets will just blind all the defenders. Heck even the refs are gonna have a hard time spotting the ball on the purple turf.

BEAST
08-28-2013, 04:19 PM
Im sure it has been on here before, but can somebody post a few pics of the LH stadium and field?

BEAST

panfan
08-28-2013, 04:37 PM
Im sure it has been on here before, but can somebody post a few pics of the LH stadium and field?BEAST

Ahhh - Beast you sly devil - you want to know if the field is really purple. Well. YES. IT IS! Followed in the footsteps of Boise State. Just not blue.

BEAST
08-28-2013, 04:44 PM
Ahhh - Beast you sly devil - you want to know if the field is really purple. Well. YES. IT IS! Followed in the footsteps of Boise State. Just not blue.

LOL. I am serious though. Id like to see what the new digs look like.

BEAST

panfan
08-28-2013, 04:48 PM
LOL. I am serious though. Id like to see what the new digs look like. BEAST

I think LHPM posted some pics a while back. Will see if I can locate tonight and repost.

panfan
08-28-2013, 06:13 PM
LOL. I am serious though. Id like to see what the new digs look like.
BEAST
http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=617&d=1375958504

LH panther Mom provided this a while back so I just cut and pasted this pic from her.

Cam
08-28-2013, 08:14 PM
http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=617&d=1375958504

LH panther Mom provided this a while back so I just cut and pasted this pic from her.

Where are the outhouses??....642

Gone Fishing
08-28-2013, 08:20 PM
I don't have a lot to go on, but I just can't imagine LH not winning for a handful of reasons. Pretty good team returning, that I would assume have some proving to do after falling down last year and letting down probably everyone from coaches to parents to community to them self, and a new stadium to break in!!! LH by a bunch in this one. IMO.

ogg
08-28-2013, 09:12 PM
Giddings 24 the Hill 31

panfan
08-29-2013, 08:03 AM
Where are the outhouses??....642

Apparently, my attempt to re use a photo from LH panther Mom and show here was unsuccessful. I'll try another avenue here shortly.

CAM - for you and G-dawg, we built special facilities north of the field. We recall ya'lls propensity for flatulence (that's fartin' for some of you) and decided that with the prevaling wind from the south, we needed a buffer zone of about 150 yards from the fields, assuming a constant 10 mph southerly wind. We carved out special seats so ya'll would feel at home. Sorry given the new construction of this plush facility for you two, we just didn't get around to the paint yet, but by Burnet and LH game time - we'll have it all decked out.

http://ts1.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.4871000847485624&pid=1.7&w=272&h=185&c=7&rs=1

panfan
08-29-2013, 08:14 AM
I don't have a lot to go on, but I just can't imagine LH not winning for a handful of reasons. Pretty good team returning, that I would assume have some proving to do after falling down last year and letting down probably everyone from coaches to parents to community to them self, and a new stadium to break in!!! LH by a bunch in this one. IMO.

at 6-4 last season, while not a bad record - all of LH was very disappointed with the outcome of last season. We weren't expection a SC run, but a couple of rounds deep into the playoffs was expected. We all had our minty fresh mouthwash to get the bad taste of last season out of our mouths. Its a new year, new facilities, new excitement, and new energy so we expect this team to do quite well this season.

1st and goal
08-29-2013, 08:45 AM
Apparently, my attempt to re use a photo from LH panther Mom and show here was unsuccessful. I'll try another avenue here shortly.

CAM - for you and G-dawg, we built special facilities north of the field. We recall ya'lls propensity for flatulence (that's fartin' for some of you) and decided that with the prevaling wind from the south, we needed a buffer zone of about 150 yards from the fields, assuming a constant 10 mph southerly wind. We carved out special seats so ya'll would feel at home. Sorry given the new construction of this plush facility for you two, we just didn't get around to the paint yet, but by Burnet and LH game time - we'll have it all decked out.

Y'all better bring your own sandpaper and corn cobs.

greendawg84
08-29-2013, 08:52 AM

:clap: Awesome ! Thanks for thinking about us . Give me the Hill by 10 .... no wait they have no kicker so give me the Hill by 14 .

hookandladder
08-29-2013, 08:53 AM

I do know how to spell 31-0 , Hesiman.

1st and goal
08-29-2013, 09:02 AM
I do know how to spell 31-0 , Hesiman.

I guess I would have pent up feelings too after losing for the 10 years prior...

Well, our standaround team had your number last year.

1st and goal
08-29-2013, 09:08 AM
Back on subject, is this game on radio in case I can't make it?

Cam
08-29-2013, 09:09 AM

Thanks for thinkin' about me!.....but can you at least put in a small magazine rack with a copy of DCTF??......:D......

panfan
08-29-2013, 09:12 AM
Thanks for thinkin' about me!.....but can you at least put in a small magazine rack with a copy of DCTF??......:D......

For you and Gdawg - you betcha!

1st and goal
08-29-2013, 09:16 AM

They used all of last year's DCTF for toilet paper when they forgot to BYOCC . Bring your own corn cobs.

buff4ever
08-29-2013, 09:20 AM

Easy panfan, your use of BUFFER zone felt like a negative shot at us buffaloes.

And to your comment, we felt the same way about our 6 - 4 year last year, so this game is going to be two teams trying to get off on the right foot. It should be fun to watch.

Cam
08-29-2013, 09:25 AM

And to your comment, we felt the same way about our 6 - 4 year last year, so this game is going to be two teams trying to get off on the right foot. It should be fun to watch.

I caught that subliminal too buff4ever.....:eek:.....that panfan...ya gotta watch him real close!.....

So buff, if you had to say, why do you think the Buffs will win tomorrow night?...

panfan
08-29-2013, 09:34 AM

I would never take a shot at our golden domed compadres :taunt:

panfan
08-29-2013, 09:34 AM
They used all of last year's DCTF for toilet paper when they forgot to BYOCC . Bring your own corn cobs.

Yikes! :eek:

hookandladder
08-29-2013, 09:51 AM
I guess I would have pent up feelings too after losing for the 10 years prior...

It's not about how you arrive , it's how you finish. LG knows how to finish, that's the difference. 10 years of not winning any State Championships, must be hard on you guys. Good Luck this year.

buff4ever
08-29-2013, 09:51 AM
I caught that subliminal too buff4ever.....:eek:.....that panfan...ya gotta watch him real close!.....

So buff, if you had to say, why do you think the Buffs will win tomorrow night?...

If we win tomorrow, it will be because of quality team defense to stop the effective run attach from LH. It will also be because of big play and speed on offense. With a vanilla 1st scrimmage and a cut short scrimmage in Byran, fans here still don't know exactly what this new Buffalo team is going to shape into. We have a new line, and hope that they raise the bar quite a bit from last year, but still have a lot of talent on the field. Our guys have been told they are picked in the lower half of district, but they still have that Giddings mentality of we win football games. So they may be out to prove something as well. My guess is that we have the athletes to run the ball if we can block a little, and we have a capable young qb and athletes to throw and catch as well. Just anxious to see how they progress. I would expect this team will be drastically imporved from the beginning of the season to the end, as there are so many new names and young athletes being asked to step in.

Until I see more, that is my story for the buffs for now.

I see this game as being two teams with a lot of football success in their history, and a lot to prove to everyone early in the season this year.

buff4ever
08-29-2013, 09:57 AM
Poor ole hook, you have really become much more bitter than you use to be. You acted a lot more mature when your kid was in school. Now it is like your real self is coming out because you don't care about being politically correct. You feared karma, and now you just don't care. I think you are missing your boy, you are happy with him and his success and where he is, but I think you are not able to live through him as much as you are use to, and it is bothering you on some level. I suggest some adult beverage and counseling. I don't really provide any, I just recommend it. BYOB, you know.

Take it easy and enjoy life a little. You won state in baseball, you should be able to take a fun pot shot from 1st and goal about giddings taking you down both rounds of district.

Cam
08-29-2013, 10:02 AM

Yikes! :eek:

I had to quit using corn cobs!...Them things tear your ass up!.....got so bad a pair of cliff swallows made themselves right at home!.....my wife took this picture!

http://imageshack.us/a/img707/6010/m50d.th.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/707/m50d.jpg/)

panfan
08-29-2013, 10:13 AM
I had to quit using corn cobs!...Them things tear your ass up!.....got so bad a pair of cliff swallows made themselves right at home!.....my wife took this picture!

http://imageshack.us/a/img707/6010/m50d.th.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/707/m50d.jpg/)

That's why we got you a "special place" so you don't scare the normal folk.

hookandladder
08-29-2013, 11:44 AM
Poor ole hook, you have really become much more bitter than you use to be. You acted a lot more mature when your kid was in school. Now it is like your real self is coming out because you don't care about being politically correct. You feared karma, and now you just don't care. I think you are missing your boy, you are happy with him and his success and where he is, but I think you are not able to live through him as much as you are use to, and it is bothering you on some level. I suggest some adult beverage and counseling. I don't really provide any, I just recommend it. BYOB, you know.

Take it easy and enjoy life a little. You won state in baseball, you should be able to take a fun pot shot from 1st and goal about giddings taking you down both rounds of district.

So you say take a fun pot shot and then sit and take it, come on man one good shot deserves another. It is Giddings -La Grange, you gonna dish it out -be able to take it. All is good these days and yes with nothing on the line it is much easier to take pot shots , just like a number of guys on here with no one playing. It's just a game, somebody has to lose. I will definitely have me some adult beverages , that is what Tailgating is all about. Them Buffs better be ready when they come to LG this year, the Leps still carrying that hammer and chain.

1st and goal
08-29-2013, 01:08 PM
I say that, when Hook's oil well comes gushing in, and if LG beats us this year, he should have pity on us and invite me and Buff4ever for beers (on him) in Winchester. However, if the Buffs beat LG, I will buy mine (and a maybe a couple for him).

hookandladder
08-29-2013, 01:33 PM
I say that, when Hook's oil well comes gushing in, and if LG beats us this year, he should have pity on us and invite me and Buff4ever for beers (on him) in Winchester. However, if the Buffs beat LG, I will buy mine (and a maybe a couple for him).

Only at Murphys and do you know something about my oil well, need a gusher cause college is expensive.

1st and goal
08-29-2013, 01:36 PM
Only at Murphys and do you know something about my oil well, need a gusher cause college is expensive.

Hook, I thought you already paid off those student loans from when you partied your way to a degree???? :)

1st and goal
08-29-2013, 01:36 PM
Oh, and I was meaning Murphy's BTW.

hookandladder
08-29-2013, 01:41 PM
Hook, I thought you already paid off those student loans from when you partied your way to a degree???? :)

Student loans, what is that.I worked while I played, loans and credit a four letter word. Only cash.

Pudlugger
08-29-2013, 03:52 PM

Make that 9 years prior: 2003-2011. Good luck tomorrow night :)

buff4ever
08-29-2013, 10:45 PM
Lh won fresh game and buffs won jv game. both games were competitive.

1st and goal
08-30-2013, 06:15 AM
I watched the last 7 minutes of the jv game. Buffs had a 20-6 lead and nearly blew it. LH capitalized on some timely Buff penalties to sustain a long drive and score. The Buffs held them on their initial attempt at 2 point conversion, but a penalty gave LH a 2nd chance at half the distance and they punched it in making the score 20-14. The Buffs rec'd the kickoff with about 2 minutes left and instead of running out the clock, they attempted 2 incomplete passes, stopping the clock and had to punt with about 50 seconds left. The punt snap went over the head of the punter and by the skin of their teeth a Buff fell on it in the endzone for an LH safety. Free kick gave LH the ball, but the Buff defense was able to stop the Panthers and scrape by for a win.

I was so frustrated the Buffs didn't run the ball and the clock out in their last possession. 1 of the attempted passes was a bomb and the receiver was wide open but the pass went just a bit over his head. Game of inches.

1st and goal
08-30-2013, 06:47 AM
Don't know if this is the exact link to tonight's game because their website is under constuction, but here's what I've found.

You might have to click on the Giddings/LH button.

http://kmac.connecttel.com/Broadcasts/gamecast/id/1

Please correct me if this isn't it. Thanks.

panfan
08-30-2013, 08:26 AM
I watched the last 7 minutes of the jv game. Buffs had a 20-6 lead and nearly blew it. LH capitalized on some timely Buff penalties to sustain a long drive and score. The Buffs held them on their initial attempt at 2 point conversion, but a penalty gave LH a 2nd chance at half the distance and they punched it in making the score 20-14. The Buffs rec'd the kickoff with about 2 minutes left and instead of running out the clock, they attempted 2 incomplete passes, stopping the clock and had to punt with about 50 seconds left. The punt snap went over the head of the punter and by the skin of their teeth a Buff fell on it in the endzone for an LH safety. Free kick gave LH the ball, but the Buff defense was able to stop the Panthers and scrape by for a win.

I was so frustrated the Buffs didn't run the ball and the clock out in their last possession. 1 of the attempted passes was a bomb and the receiver was wide open but the pass went just a bit over his head. Game of inches.

Sounds like it was a good game, tonight is the main event.

Tejastrue
08-30-2013, 08:30 AM
Best of luck to both teams tonight. We'll see ya'll soon!

buff4ever
08-30-2013, 09:46 AM
On my way as soon as lunch gets here. Should have plent of time for adult beverage that way. I love the excitement of HS football.

1st and goal
08-30-2013, 01:13 PM
It is gonna be HOT! I noticed they put the opponents stands directly facing the setting sun. Smart move. We were going to do that, but the state cutting back on school funds last year cut our plans back. Doh!

LHexPlayer
08-30-2013, 11:38 PM
Congrats to Giddings. Good luck the rest of the way.

Loved the stadium and my seats. It's nice to finally have a stadium to be proud of. As far as the game, I can't help but be disappointed in how we played. Too many dropped kick-offs and fumbles in this game. I also didn't see improvement as the game went on. First game of the year, you expect it to be a little sloppy. You also expect to see some improvement as the game goes along. I just didn't see it. We fumbled the ball to start the game and fumbled the ball to end the game. We have a lot of work to do, hopefully we will improve and be ready for district.

LHPfactory
08-30-2013, 11:53 PM
Congrats to Giddings. Good luck the rest of the way.

Loved the stadium and my seats. It's nice to finally have a stadium to be proud of. As far as the game, I can't help but be disappointed in how we played. Too many dropped kick-offs and fumbles in this game. I also didn't see improvement as the game went on. First game of the year, you expect it to be a little sloppy. You also expect to see some improvement as the game goes along. I just didn't see it. We fumbled the ball to start the game and fumbled the ball to end the game. We have a lot of work to do, hopefully we will improve and be ready for district.

Yeah, it was frustrating to watch. The Offense shows the ability to do the Job, but lack of discipline kills this system. Fumbles and Penalties did the Panther O in.

Now the LH Defense, who spent most of the game on the field did a good job. With all the turn overs and possessions Giddings was given, LH D only allowed Giddings 1 TD on offense. The scoring for Giddings was:
3 field goals, 1 run back on KO return, and 1 long blown coverage against the D.

The LH D kept the Buffs speed in check all night. The licks given by the secondary had the Giddings receivers worrying about the footsteps more than catching the ball.

All in all, Giddings played a much more disciplined game and the Buffs Coach made wise choices settling for the 3 on all 3 occasions, It was all the difference. in the 21-20 victory.

I believe in this LH team, come on fellas, Discipline, Discipline, Discipline..... that's what you are missing, get it and you will have a great season.

Cam
08-31-2013, 01:50 AM
Saw a few highlights on Friday Football Fever.....Nice helmets/unis Buffs!....Is that a different design?.....

Sounded like a good game...Nice crowd on the LH side!....TV didn't show visitors side....

panfan, I'm disappointed!....After Fredericksburg game, I drove all the way to LH to use my special outhouse.....first off, I couldn't find it....and when I did, I noticed you forgot to leave me a copy of DCTF!!!....

buff4ever
08-31-2013, 02:26 AM
I understand you guys feelings about game. the turnovers definitely played a roll in this game. we did miss a few chances to make big plays on offense even before your good lick on mack on his almost catch, but I think we can improve on those opportunities and get better. very nice stadium. also nice clean play from both teams.

good luck lh the rest of the way. you guys are awesome people.

1st and goal
08-31-2013, 08:41 AM
You guys have an awesome stadium and great hospitality. Need to move the flagpoles over a bit, they block the scoreboard from the visitors side. (My only gripe) Concessions were top notch.
I can definitely feel your pain with all the turnovers. The same deceptions and fake handoffs can work against you if not done perfectly. But some of the turnovers were caused by hits.

We missed many opportunities that would've changed the score too, but much credit goes to the LH D. Our kicker was great, D held when they needed to, and our band was in it to win it. Great job band. Great job Buffs.

LHexPlayer
08-31-2013, 08:50 AM
That's crazy that the flag poles block the scoreboard for the visitors. Someone should have caught that when building or designing the stadium.

Yes, Giddings had another long pass play that was dropped and should have been caught for a TD. Then right before half time, they ran the same play and this time he caught it deep for a TD. Giddings could have ran that play more and probably scored again. For some reason we let people get past us deep way too much.

Cam
08-31-2013, 11:13 AM
You guys have an awesome stadium and great hospitality. Need to move the flagpoles over a bit, they block the scoreboard from the visitors side. (My only gripe) Concessions were top notch.
I can definitely feel your pain with all the turnovers. The same deceptions and fake handoffs can work against you if not done perfectly. But some of the turnovers were caused by hits.

We missed many opportunities that would've changed the score too, but much credit goes to the LH D. Our kicker was great, D held when they needed to, and our band was in it to win it. Great job band. Great job Buffs.

LH always has great hospitality........I also think they have some of the best fans!.....I think I'm in love with panfan!:inlove:......just kiddin' panfan, don't get no ideas...I'm a married man!.......anyways, can't wait to see your new digs!......

panfan
08-31-2013, 10:11 PM
Good game buffs, out of town otherwise would post more. Lh needs to pull it together

buff4ever
09-01-2013, 09:17 AM
I have got to ask, what's up with Vance not shaking a single hand after the game. there was nothing that happened during the game that was unsportsmanlike. this is no place to teach him something he already knows, but that was no way to teach his players good sportsmanship and common respect. Giddings always stands and faces the opposing side during there school song after every game, win or lose. I have to say this is the first time I have seen us do this and the other team is not even there for there own school song. I understand being upset, but isn't there a time for that not during school song?

this is not lh like. I guess I was wondering if this is common of Vance or not.

cookiemonster
09-01-2013, 10:12 AM
Played Vance many times and he is always classy! Not sure what happened but he is a class act!

panfan
09-01-2013, 10:22 AM
I have got to ask, what's up with Vance not shaking a single hand after the game. there was nothing that happened during the game that was unsportsmanlike. this is no place to teach him something he already knows, but that was no way to teach his players good sportsmanship and common respect. Giddings always stands and faces the opposing side during there school song after every game, win or lose. I have to say this is the first time I have seen us do this and the other team is not even there for there own school song. I understand being upset, but isn't there a time for that not during school song?

this is not lh like. I guess I was wondering if this is common of Vance or not.

Told players in locker room, wasn't the right thing to dond apologized to players. He has had some recent close family losses, no excuses, but it may be clouding better judgement,