PDA

View Full Version : Tcu v lsu

Macarthur
08-26-2013, 02:14 PM
I think this is going to be a great game. I sense that most think lsu will win comfortably but I think tcu has a real chance to win this.

The biggest factor, IMO, could be that lsu has a brand new OC and system and Patterson is a tough guy to match up with given those circumstances. Patterson is very good when he has extra time to prepare.

vtskneb
08-26-2013, 02:21 PM
I think this is going to be a great game. I sense that most think lsu will win comfortably but I think tcu has a real chance to win this.

The biggest factor, IMO, could be that lsu has a brand new OC and system and Patterson is a tough guy to match up with given those circumstances. Patterson is very good when he has extra time to prepare.

LSU probably wins in spite of their coaching, they seem to do that a lot. Would love to see the Horned Frogs win but it will be a tall task. I think if TCU wins watch out for them to be a dark-horse to make the final BCS title game.

buff4ever
08-26-2013, 02:30 PM
LSU probably wins in spite of their coaching, they seem to do that a lot. Would love to see the Horned Frogs win but it will be a tall task. I think if TCU wins watch out for them to be a dark-horse to make the final BCS title game.

Is this a joke? You can't be serious. TCU has 4 losses at end of season.

Old Tiger
08-26-2013, 02:30 PM

Baylor is my dark horse selection.

Old Tiger
08-26-2013, 02:31 PM

Baylor is my dark horse selection.

Macarthur
08-26-2013, 02:34 PM

Dude, tcu can win the big 12.

They had the best defense last year with everyone coming back. They have the best QB, assuming he regains his 2012 form. And they have arguably the best coach.

How can a team w the best QB, defense and coach not be in the mix!

Old Tiger
08-26-2013, 02:38 PM

They had the best defense last year with everyone coming back. They have the best QB, assuming he regains his 2012 form. And they have arguably the best coach.

How can a team w the best QB, defense and coach not be in the mix!because they aren't in the SEC, duh.

Big 12 is wide open this year..

Baylor, Oklahoma, Oklahoma St, TCU, Texas.

BEAST
08-26-2013, 02:38 PM

How can a team w the best QB, defense and coach not be in the mix!

I agree with you Mac.

BEAST

87coog
08-26-2013, 02:46 PM
TCU is legit and has real shot at winning this game. LSU is very predictable and will play right into TCU's hands.

Macarthur
08-26-2013, 02:53 PM
TCU is legit and has real shot at winning this game. LSU is very predictable and will play right into TCU's hands.

And just don't think you can understate the fact that lsu has a brand new OC and system from the nfl. I think lsu fans are just assuming that since he's coming from the nfl, he's going to be great in college and it doesn't always work that way (see Charlie Weis ). It's been almost 15 years since cam Cameron has coached in college.

He may end up dong well for them but I would be pretty nervous to have the challenge of a Gary Patterson defense for your first game.

Matthew328
08-26-2013, 03:01 PM
And just don't think you can understate the fact that lsu has a brand new OC and system from the nfl. I think lsu fans are just assuming that since he's coming from the nfl, he's going to be great in college and it doesn't always work that way (see Charlie Weis ). It's been almost 15 years since cam Cameron has coached in college.

He may end up dong well for them but I would be pretty nervous to have the challenge of a Gary Patterson defense for your first game.

Running the table in the Big 12 will be tough for anyone....too many evenly matched teams....

Old Tiger
08-26-2013, 03:04 PM

IMO going from coaching in the NFL to college as a position coach is not a positive move. Means you probably weren't wanted as an NFL OC.

Also the LSU QB's are bad, real bad.

Macarthur
08-26-2013, 03:10 PM
IMO going from coaching in the NFL to college as a position coach is not a positive move. Means you probably weren't wanted as an NFL OC.

Also the LSU QB's are bad, real bad.

My impression of cam Cameron was that he was pretty mediocre. He got fired after like 4 games last year, I think.

And I don't know what to make of mettenburger. At times, he looked decent and at times he looked pretty poor.

vtskneb
08-26-2013, 03:15 PM

Who are their four losses to? I think TCU can line up and play with anyone in their conference regardless of the venue.

Old Tiger, I would love to see Baylor pull it off this year but the defense has to show a pulse more than just the final four games of last season to really be in contention. Not saying they won't do that, just need to see it in the games. They should be better defensively, but it won't take much to be better than they were the first 9 weeks of the year.

Roughneck93
08-26-2013, 08:01 PM
Pulling for TCU.

What do y'all think of the unis they will be wearing for the game?

http://cdn.nikeblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/New-TCU-Football-Uniforms-4.jpg

Not too bad. The helmet is interesting with the blood shooting up the sides.

More pics here (http://www.nikeblog.com/2013/08/23/new-tcu-football-uniforms-special-black-set-for-opening-day/)

Tejastrue
08-26-2013, 09:52 PM
I'm for any Texas team that plays against LSU.

I bet those helmets look especially nice under the lights!

Scoop27
08-26-2013, 10:14 PM
Wonder if East Bernard grad Ty Slanina is on the roster as a freshman or will he be red shirted?

Old Tiger
08-26-2013, 10:19 PM
Wonder if East Bernard grad Ty Slanina is on the roster as a freshman or will he be red shirted?

2013 DE PTH CHART PLAYER BRIEFS
OFFENSE
LT 69 Aviante Collins 6-6 285 So. Started all 13 games as a true freshman last year; His father, Bill, is in TCU’s Hall of Fame as a track and field sprinter
56 James Dunbar 6-6 315 Sr. Two-year letterman returning to action after sitting out last season
72 Bobby Thompson 6-6 310 So. Limited to one game in 2012 before a season-ending injury
LG 56 James Dunbar 6-6 315 Sr. Two-year letterman returning to action after sitting out last season
65 Brady Foltz 6-4 325 So. Younger brother of the graduated Blaize Foltz, an All-Big 12 offensive guard for TCU last season
C 55 Joey Hunt 6-3 295 So. Made a start at left guard as a true freshman vs. Iowa State last year; Originally arrived at TCU as a defensive tackle
58 Patrick Morris 6-3 288 Fr. True freshman ranked by Scout.com as the No. 2 center in Texas and No. 8 nationally at Denton Guyer HS last year
RG 73 Eric Tausch 6-3 300 Sr. Has started at three different positions on the offensive line; His father, Terry Tausch, played 8 years in the NFL
75 John Wooldridge 6-5 310 Sr. Made his first career start at Oklahoma State last year; His father, John Sr., is on TCU’s Board of Trustees
RT 74 Halapoulivaati Vaitai 6-6 308 So. Known simply as Big V; Lettered last season while seeing action in five games as a true freshman
68 Joseph Noteboom 6-5 295 Fr. True freshman ranked by Scout.com as the No. 12 offensive tackle in Texas coming out of Plano HS last year
TE 49 Stephen Bryant 6-5 240 Jr. Slated to be a starter last season before suffering a season-ending injury in the first scrimmage of fall camp
87 Griffin Gilbert 6-5 220 So. Started five games last season; His two receptions both came in the K-State game; No. 1 TE in Texas as a HS senior
80 Buck Jones 6-4 240 RFr. A Matthews, N.C., native; His father, Gregg, was a three-year football letterman at TCU from 1985-87
TB 32 Waymon James OR 5-8 203 Sr. TCU’s leading rusher in 2011 with 875 yards; Season-ending injury in week two in 2012; TCU career leader in ypc (6.9)
23 B.J. Catalon OR 5-9 190 So. Led TCU in rushing with 582 yds as a true freshman last season, most by a TCU rookie since 2005; Had 23 receptions
22 Aaron Green OR 5-11 200 So. Parade All-American and 5-star recruit; Nebraska transfer; Baptized in Jordan River during a 2013 Spring Break trip
29 Jordan Moore 6-3 221 So. Moved to tailback after initially being at safety and linebacker; Offered a track and field scholarship by LSU
QB 2 Trevone Boykin OR 6-2 215 So. Became the only QB in TCU history to pass for 4 TDs in back-to-back games (vs. Baylor and Texas Tech)
4 Casey Pachall 6-5 230 Sr. 15-2 record as a starter; NCAA’s career leader among active QBs in passing efficiency (163.1 rating)
WR 88 Cam White 6-3 200 Jr. Totaled 21 receptions for 284 yards last season; Both his TD grabs came in a 49-21 win at Baylor
81 Ja’Juan Story 6-4 208 So. Transfer from Florida; Ranked by ESPN.com as the nation’s No. 6 WR coming out of Brooksville, Fla.
9 Josh Doctson 6-4 190 So. Wyoming transfer who caught a TD pass against TCU in 2011; His mom, Tracy Syler-Jones, is a TCU vice chancellor
WR 85 LaDarius Brown 6-4 220 So. Second nationally among freshmen last year with a TD catch every 5.4 receptions; 27 grabs in 2012 with 7 at OSU
7 Kolby Listenbee 6-1 183 So. A quarterback at nearby Arlington Bowie HS; His lone reception last season was a 59-yard grab in the BWW Bowl
WR 13 Ty Slanina 6-0 193 Fr. True freshman who passed for 4 TDs at AT&T Stadium last year to lead East Bernard HS to the 2A state title
14 David Porter 6-0 197 Jr. Two receptions last season; Had 2 TDs on 7 receptions in 2011 with a 19-yard TD at Baylor on his first collegiate snap
10 Matt Brown 6-1 190 Jr. Has seen action at both QB and WR for TCU; Had six rushing TDs on just 24 carries in 2011
WR 3 Brandon Carter 5-11 186 Jr. Appears on Biletnikoff Award and Paul Hornung Award Watch Lists; Top returning WR with 36 catches in 2012
15 Cameron Echols-Luper 6-0 190 Fr. True freshman tabbed the No. 7 WR in Alabama last year; His father, Curtis Luper, is TCU’s WR coach
20 Deante’ Gray 5-10 175 So. Moved to WR after being at CB last year; Set a TCU single-game record for punt return yards (160) vs. GSU in 2012

Weebe
08-26-2013, 10:23 PM

Patterson has said he was the best receiver on their roster during practices.

regaleagle
08-26-2013, 10:33 PM
TCU under Patterson has a history of beating the top teams, and LSU would be a HUGE win on his resume. He WILL have the team ready to rumble, and that offense this season will be much better than last year's team. JMO, but I'm calling for this to be a BIG "W" for the Horned Frogs and Patterson. What is the Vegas line, anyway?

Macarthur
08-26-2013, 11:00 PM
Right now it's lsu by 4.5.

sic'em
08-27-2013, 05:08 PM
i think there is a 3 way tie for first at the end of the season and i am confident tcu will be one of those teams. i like tcu in the game saturday. i also think my bears are one year away, just in time for the palace to open...

wedo
08-28-2013, 10:19 AM

from the dallas morning new

Home > College Sports Blog TCU Horned Frogs release depth chart for LSU gameBy Ryan Osborne
Ryan.osborne@tcu.edu
5:51 pm on August 26, 2013 | PermalinkTCU released Monday its depth chart for the LSU game. You can view the complete chart here, along with the rest of the Horned Frogs’ notes for the week.

Let’s break down a few key points from today’s release.

1. Same story at quarterback. Trevone Boykin and Casey Pachall are both listed as starters. That’s not much of a surprise, but there was also this from Gary Patterson’s Big 12 conference call this morning:

2. Stability on offensive line? Maybe. But, finally, we have somewhat of a picture of who’s going to play where. The line from left to right: Aviante Collins, James Dunbar, Joey Hunt, Eric Tausch, Halapoulivaati Vaitai. Something to note, there’s no sign of Lloyd Tunstill or Jamelle Naff on the two-deep. But like the rest of the line, that’s likely to change.

3. Slanina starting. True freshman receiver Ty Slanina is listed as a starter. As Patterson reiterated plenty that past few weeks, the East Bernard native had an impressive fall camp.

4. Anderson to fill in for Fields. Matt Anderson and Devonte Fields are listed as co-starters at defensive end, opposite of Jon Koontz. Meaning, Anderson will be the replacement against LSU for Fields, who is suspended (for now) for the first two games.

5. White locks down cornerback. There was some speculation Travoskey Garrett would un-seat White for the cornerback job opposite of Jason Verrett — but that hasn’t happened yet. White is listed as the starter, followed by Ranthony Texada and Garrett.

6. Anderson earns linebacker job. Jonathan Anderson, who switched from safety to linebacker last spring, is listed as the starter at linebacker, along with Marcus Mallett. TCU fans have been waiting to see what the athletic Anderson could do at the position, and it appears they’ll get that Saturday.

http://collegesportsblog.dallasnews.com/2013/08/tcu-horned-frogs-release-depth-chart-for-lsu-game.html/

caleb_mccaig
08-28-2013, 10:29 AM
Personally I think LSU wins comfortably, TCU has lost so many starting players for this game and for the season I don't see how they can replace them. As long as LSU runs the ball 30-40 times I think they'll dominate the line of scrimmage, not even Bama could stop their running game last year. But that was last year so who knows. LSU should win from depth, always big with the first game with cramps and what not, coaching and just athletic ability, but it is week 0 and anything can happen in the first game of the year. Regardless GEAUX TIGERS!

caleb_mccaig
08-28-2013, 10:30 AM
By the way Old Tiger, I think Baylor could be a dark horse, but it will all rest on how good Bryce Petty is. I haven't seen him play an actual game so I can't comment on whether he'll excel or not, but Baylor does have just of good as a chance as anyone else in the Big 12.

Macarthur
08-28-2013, 11:01 AM
Personally I think LSU wins comfortably, TCU has lost so many starting players for this game and for the season I don't see how they can replace them. As long as LSU runs the ball 30-40 times I think they'll dominate the line of scrimmage, not even Bama could stop their running game last year. But that was last year so who knows. LSU should win from depth, always big with the first game with cramps and what not, coaching and just athletic ability, but it is week 0 and anything can happen in the first game of the year. Regardless GEAUX TIGERS!

Lsu may very well win but I don't believe they have the advantage in the coaching dept.

1st and goal
08-29-2013, 08:56 AM
I want TCU to keep this game close.