PDA

View Full Version : Argyle at Wylie... who you got and why?

slingshot
08-26-2013, 12:41 PM
Friday night at Bulldog Stadium, Argyle travels to Abilene to face the young Bulldogs. Argyle should be a solid favorite--suspect Coach Sandifer will have a few special things planned for them. Enjoy that short little drive to Abilene!

orange machine
08-26-2013, 12:43 PM
Friday night at Bulldog Stadium, Argyle travels to Abilene to face the young Bulldogs. Argyle should be a solid favorite--suspect Coach Sandifer will have a few special things planned for them. Enjoy that short little drive to Abilene!
I don't know what AW has this year, but Argyle is really good and fast.

slingshot
08-26-2013, 01:14 PM
I don't know what AW has this year, but Argyle is really good and fast.Argyle does look loaded... Wylie? Same song, 28th verse. Graduated 31 seniors, 6 returning starters, lot of guys will get their 1st taste of hi-intensity varsity football against a very salty opponent at home in front of a big crowd. QB has a cannon arm, just unproven. More skill position speed than we've had in a long time--3 guys that can run a legit sub-11 sec hundred/4.5-4.6 40 yd. Solid looking D-backs, very good middle linebacker. Question is both lines--a lot of new faces there... Argyle will be a huge test, as i said before--if Wylie can get through the first 5 games relatively healthy and get the young guys some reps and let the line gel, we will be a tough out come playoff time.

waterboy
08-26-2013, 01:52 PM
I think Argyle will return the favor from last year's result, and beat AW at their house. I wouldn't be surprised if it were close or not so close. I would be surprised if the Bulldogs win, though.

Matthew328
08-26-2013, 02:03 PM
I think Argyle will return the favor from last year's result, and beat AW at their house. I wouldn't be surprised if it were close or not so close. I would be surprised if the Bulldogs win, though.

Argyle rolls...Sandifer won't reach into his bag of tricks for a non-district game

BEAST
08-26-2013, 02:37 PM
--if Wylie can get through the first 5 games relatively healthy and get the young guys some reps and let the line gel, we will be a tough out come playoff time.

This is exactly where Brownwood is. Tons of athletic young guys. Sophmores and even a Freshman. Good luck to Wylie in this one but I think Argyle wins.

BEAST

orange machine
08-26-2013, 02:38 PM
If you try to run the ball your gonna be met with negative results against the Argyle defense unless you got a big oline that can push them around. Prospers oline was pretty big, but didn't have much success running the ball.

STANG RED
08-26-2013, 02:50 PM
Your right Matt. Sandifer treats non-district pretty much like scrimmages from what I've seen in the past. I remember a few years back, when they got spanked badly by somebody in non-district. But when the playoffs rolled around, they beat that same team like a red headed stepchild. Don't expect Sandifer to get too show much in this one, knowing he could easily meet this same team in the playoffs. That's just seems to be the way he rolls.
Hello everyone. It's been a long while since I last posted. Hope everyone is doing well.

waterboy
08-26-2013, 03:05 PM
Your right Matt. Sandifer treats non-district pretty much like scrimmages from what I've seen in the past. I remember a few years back, when they got spanked badly by somebody in non-district. But when the playoffs rolled around, they beat that same team like a red headed stepchild. Don't expect Sandifer to get too show much in this one, knowing he could easily meet this same team in the playoffs. That's just seems to be the way he rolls.
Hello everyone. It's been a long while since I last posted. Hope everyone is doing well.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think there's a very good chance of these two teams meeting in the playoffs, if at all.

STANG RED
08-26-2013, 03:10 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think there's a very good chance of these two teams meeting in the playoffs, if at all.

I've been out of the loop so you might be right. Are they both still 3A? If so, it would have to be in the big school division, as AW always is. Did Argyle jump to 4A?

waterboy
08-26-2013, 03:23 PM
I've been out of the loop so you might be right. Are they both still 3A? If so, it would have to be in the big school division, as AW always is. Did Argyle jump to 4A?

No. Argyle is 3A, but I think they will be D2 out of that district.

slingshot
08-26-2013, 04:57 PM
This is exactly where Brownwood is. Tons of athletic young guys. Sophmores and even a Freshman. Good luck to Wylie in this one but I think Argyle wins.

BEAST

Looks like we are in similar situations Friday night... anxious to see how we do against you guys--should be a pretty even matchup. Also curious to see how Graham looks, know they will want to pay us back for last year (get in line).

Sville
08-26-2013, 05:10 PM
This thread deserves a poll

hollywood
08-26-2013, 07:32 PM
Argyle by at least 21. Nothing against AW, Argyle just that loaded this season. And SR heavy. Experience + talent = success.

Inmateboss
08-26-2013, 10:21 PM
Pay back?? Nah, but we don't mind trading out with y'all !! We like playing y'all, makes us work!! Graham had a bunch leave last year but our fill in guys have done a great job and should be good to go!!!

regaleagle
08-26-2013, 10:42 PM
To all the Wylie Bulldog faithful>>>>Remember that last season Argyle was fairly young and lost to a more experienced Bulldog team. Argyle went on to win the rest of its games until we met Gilmer in the regional semifinals. Just wanted to remind all the posters on here of that fact. Whether Argyle wins or Wylie wins this Friday nite, IMO both teams should be a force come playoff time. Good luck to the Bulldogs this Friday nite. I wish I could attend, but the drive from Fred is 3 hrs. at least. And I'll be watching the Battlin' Billies here at home against what is supposed to be a very improved Burnet team. I'll pick another week to watch my Eagles. Let's see them roll a few games first.

regaleagle
08-26-2013, 11:05 PM
Argyle has another tough opponent next week in its home opener against the 3-time TAPPS State Champion and again highly ranked Nolan Catholic. Then they have to go to Kennedale and try to stop that Wildcat running back that's top rated. The first month should get the Eagles on the right path to a successful campaign, esp. if they win 'em all.

ccmom
08-27-2013, 07:21 AM
To all the Wylie Bulldog faithful>>>>Remember that last season Argyle was fairly young and lost to a more experienced Bulldog team. Argyle went on to win the rest of its games until we met Gilmer in the regional semifinals. Just wanted to remind all the posters on here of that fact. Whether Argyle wins or Wylie wins this Friday nite, IMO both teams should be a force come playoff time. Good luck to the Bulldogs this Friday nite. I wish I could attend, but the drive from Fred is 3 hrs. at least. And I'll be watching the Battlin' Billies here at home against what is supposed to be a very improved Burnet team. I'll pick another week to watch my Eagles. Let's see them roll a few games first.

Aw come on reg...the drive for you is about the same distance that the Argyle team is traveling, right? That's easy for me to say since it's two minutes from my house and we didn't make the trip to Argyle last year. :) That's quite a trip.

I'm looking forward to seeing both teams Friday!!!

nobogey72
08-27-2013, 01:25 PM
Argyle sucks!!! That's really all I have to say about that.

Matthew328
08-27-2013, 01:35 PM

tell us how you really feel!

ccmom
08-27-2013, 01:35 PM

Insightful, as usual.

nobogey72
08-27-2013, 02:08 PM
tell us how you really feel!

Well I hadn't posted anything in a while so I just thought I'd throw that out there and see if I could get a rise out of anybody. All I know about Argyle is that we beat them in football then later in volleyball, so I just feel like I need to say they suck.

orange machine
08-27-2013, 09:54 PM
Argyle has another tough opponent next week in its home opener against the 3-time TAPPS State Champion and again highly ranked Nolan Catholic. Then they have to go to Kennedale and try to stop that Wildcat running back that's top rated. The first month should get the Eagles on the right path to a successful campaign, esp. if they win 'em all.

Its all good if you can stay healthy. Playing really tough competition can lead to injuries. I know Argyle is playing Sizelove, Sadler and Wilson both ways. Also a couple of linemen looked to be going both ways.

regaleagle
08-27-2013, 09:59 PM
Yeah, nobogey....that's why Argyle is always at the top of the Lone Star Cup if they're not winning it every year, lol. For a school enrollment of only 668 students against all the ones that are larger in 3A, I'd say they put up pretty fair competition in just about everything.

slingshot
08-27-2013, 10:09 PM
...I know Argyle is playing Sizelove, Sadler and Wilson both ways. Also a couple of linemen looked to be going both ways.It will be 98 degrees with about 50% humidity Friday... on Field Turf--maybe 110 degrees on the field. Welcome to Abilene.

regaleagle
08-27-2013, 10:28 PM
Yep, that's gonna be a scorcher alright. The coaches better stock up on the gatoraide. Hey, do they have the fans or those cooling machines over there in Abilene? I mean do they have them on the sidelines for each team....not necessarily just in Abilene.

slingshot
08-28-2013, 08:16 AM
Yep, that's gonna be a scorcher alright. The coaches better stock up on the gatoraide. Hey, do they have the fans or those cooling machines over there in Abilene? I mean do they have them on the sidelines for each team....not necessarily just in Abilene.Nope. Kids need to start hydrating NOW.

BwdLion73
08-28-2013, 09:11 AM
Yep, that's gonna be a scorcher alright. The coaches better stock up on the gatoraide. Hey, do they have the fans or those cooling machines over there in Abilene? I mean do they have them on the sidelines for each team....not necessarily just in Abilene.

You should know those cooling machines are reserved for the fans standing in line at the prime rib and wine serving table. :)

Sweetwater Red
08-28-2013, 10:08 AM
You should know those cooling machines are reserved for the fans standing in line at the prime rib and wine serving table. :)

Good job. :clap:

hollywood
08-28-2013, 10:25 AM
Argyle by 21+

AW doesn't take predistrict games too serious according to some AW fans. ;)

Let the pregame prime rib and wine 'n' dine tailgate parties be proof! Argyle peeps, you've gotta show these suburb wanna be's how it's done!

:D

Tom Foolery
08-28-2013, 12:13 PM
High temps and high humidity. AW coach doesnt take pre-district games too seriously. Please AW, dont use up all your excuses before the game is played.

ccmom
08-28-2013, 12:16 PM

Wait a minute...we are gonna have to stand in line?? That's outrageous!!!:mad: :rolleyes:

slingshot
08-28-2013, 01:56 PM
High temps and high humidity. AW coach doesnt take pre-district games too seriously. Please AW, dont use up all your excuses before the game is played.Don't worry--we're used to the heat... It's Argyle I'm worried about! Excuses? We don't need no stinking excuses! We're gonna whip you straight up! (just channelling nobogey there)

regaleagle
08-28-2013, 06:33 PM
There is that possibility. Wylie ain't no slouch....that's exactly why Argyle has them scheduled. We can both pretty much agree these 2 schools are very competitive in most every activity the UIL allows and keeps track of. Wylie vs Argyle is a worthwhile match in just about any sport and in the other UIL contests. I have great respect for Abilene Wylie, their supporters, educators, and coaching staffs. These students are at the top of the 3A level, IMO....just like the Argyle students. Good luck to both schools this Friday nite under the lights and the rest of the season. And everybody have a great time. It should be an exciting way to kick off the regular season.

franz
08-29-2013, 05:53 PM
Argyle by at least 21. Nothing against AW, Argyle just that loaded this season. And SR heavy. Experience + talent = success.

I would tend to think some of the Argyle talent would of made a better showing last year as juniors if they are 21 points better than Wylie this year. Don't you think? Hollywood, I do believe this sr group of Wylie players beat Stephenville 2 years ago at JV level, so does that mean Argyle is 21 points better than Stephenville

hollywood
08-29-2013, 10:43 PM
I would tend to think some of the Argyle talent would of made a better showing last year as juniors if they are 21 points better than Wylie this year. Don't you think? Hollywood, I do believe this sr group of Wylie players beat Stephenville 2 years ago at JV level, so does that mean Argyle is 21 points better than Stephenville

Uhhhh nope. JV results 2 years ago doesn't translate into current varsity results. You're stretching it franz.

regaleagle
08-30-2013, 12:39 AM
Besides that....Moe beating Larry and Larry beating Curly Joe doesn't mean Moe will beat Curly Joe....unless you like watching the Three Stooges, lol.

Gsquared
08-30-2013, 07:03 AM
Game day! Cant wait for some brids/dogs tonight!!

ccmom
08-30-2013, 08:29 AM
Game day! Cant wait for some brids/dogs tonight!!

"Brids" don't sound too scary to me. ;)

Gsquared
08-30-2013, 08:45 AM
"Brids" don't sound too scary to me. ;)

Birds with talons, or claws, or whatever they are called. :)

franz
08-30-2013, 08:47 AM
Uhhhh nope. JV results 2 years ago doesn't translate into current varsity results. You're stretching it franz.

It is a new year and I don't think anyone really knows how good they are for a few weeks. I don't gamble, much, but I would sure take 21 points even though Wylie is slow and weak this year;)

garciap77
08-30-2013, 11:57 AM
Wylie by 1!

slingshot
08-30-2013, 12:14 PM
There is that possibility. Wylie ain't no slouch....that's exactly why Argyle has them scheduled. We can both pretty much agree these 2 schools are very competitive in most every activity the UIL allows and keeps track of. Wylie vs Argyle is a worthwhile match in just about any sport and in the other UIL contests. I have great respect for Abilene Wylie, their supporters, educators, and coaching staffs. These students are at the top of the 3A level, IMO....just like the Argyle students. Good luck to both schools this Friday nite under the lights and the rest of the season. And everybody have a great time. It should be an exciting way to kick off the regular season.

Classy post and I agree with everything 100%. Two very similiar programs top to bottom--doesn't matter whether it's football, basketball, volleyball, tennis, track or UIL events. We like to compete...

hollywood
08-30-2013, 12:36 PM

Ppppppp... AW is a joke. They continue to finagle the numbers to stay in 3A. They should have been 4A years ago!

Lol, no seriously, I like AW. I like what they have been able to accomplish. If I had to live in the greater Abilene metropolis area, I'd choose the AW school district. :clap:

garciap77
08-30-2013, 12:40 PM
Are you still living in Dublin???? :D

hollywood
08-30-2013, 12:41 PM
:wave: ccmom

:wave: GarciaP77

:wave: slingshot

:wave: nobogey

:wave: franz

hollywood
08-30-2013, 12:41 PM
Are you still living in Dublin???? :D

NO WAY! They don't have a Whataburger!

ccmom
08-30-2013, 12:43 PM
:wave: ccmom

:wave: GarciaP77

:wave: slingshot

:wave: nobogey

:wave: franz

:rolleyes:

hollywood
08-30-2013, 12:44 PM
:rolleyes:

:kiss:

#1 TEXAN
08-30-2013, 02:46 PM
Argyle by 14

hollywood
08-30-2013, 04:14 PM
Besides that....Moe beating Larry and Larry beating Curly Joe doesn't mean Moe will beat Curly Joe....unless you like watching the Three Stooges, lol.

LOL regal... I just read this!

garciap77
08-30-2013, 10:13 PM
Argyle

Great running game!

Great passing game!

Great defense!

Awesome kicking game!

Awesome band!

Wylie

No Intensity!

We have a lot of work ahead of us if we are going to complete this year!

Awesome band!!!!!

orange machine
08-30-2013, 10:16 PM
Argyle

Great running game!

Great passing game!

Great defense!

Awesome kicking game!

Awesome band!

Wylie

No Intensity!

Awesome band!!!!!

Score?

slingshot
08-30-2013, 11:23 PM
Score?A lot to none. 38-0 to be exact. They are the real deal... loaded. We have a lot of work to do.

wyliefan
08-30-2013, 11:29 PM
Argyle

Great running game!

Great passing game!

Great defense!

Awesome kicking game!

Awesome band!

Wylie

No Intensity!

Awesome band!!!!!

I think the Wylie defense will be fine, the offense line needs a lot of work, I would guess that Wylie only had the ball 10-12 minutes and I believe that the Argyle defenses had more penalty yards than the Wylie offense. Be very interested at the final stats. The Wylie D was worn out at half time.

slingshot
08-30-2013, 11:31 PM
I think the Wylie defense will be fine, the offense line needs a lot of work, I would guess that Wylie only had the ball 10-12 minutes and I believe that the Argyle defenses had more penalty yards than the Wylie offense. Be very interested at the final stats. The Wylie D was worn out at half time.I would say both lines need a lot of work... and you can bet that work will get done.

wyliefan
08-30-2013, 11:39 PM
Any Wylie people know the status of #20?

orange machine
08-30-2013, 11:41 PM
Both divisions are loaded this year. Sville, Carthage, Gilmer, Argyle. Chapel Hill destroyed Lindale tonight. Chapel Hill will be in the hunt.

ccmom
08-30-2013, 11:48 PM
Any Wylie people know the status of #20?

I was told that he is ok. It was a "stinger" between the shoulder blades. That's second hand info from another mom. I hope that's true. That was scary!!!

ccmom
08-30-2013, 11:50 PM
Great job tonight by a very talented Argyle team. They will be a force this season.