PDA

View Full Version : Burnet @ Fredericksburg

Cam
08-26-2013, 08:45 AM
I don't know that much about the Billies....They always play us tough and they're at home.....Burnet is looking like a better and more experienced team than last year's version....I think Burnet will better last year's 26-21 win this Friday....

lv2937
08-26-2013, 09:54 AM
Burnet by 14.

buff4ever
08-26-2013, 11:33 AM
I think Burnet will win this game. by I would say 10.

regaleagle
08-26-2013, 11:18 PM
Just so everybody doesn't think I'm a homer of Fred now that I'm living here, NO....that single vote for Fred didn't come from me, lol. I usually vote for the team I really think will win the game, no disrespect to the Fred faithful here.

Tejastrue
08-27-2013, 02:47 PM
LOL regal. I'd like to know who the Billie fan is? Do they know something? Maybe they just don't like Burnet.

Cam
08-28-2013, 01:05 PM
LOL regal. I'd like to know who the Billie fan is? Do they know something? Maybe they just don't like Burnet.

....I think it's someone that don't like me!....:spitlol:...nevertheless, bad vote!.....Dawgs going to Fred to take care of business!!......:stirpot:

greendawg84
08-28-2013, 01:21 PM
Prolly buff4ever throwing in that vote for Fred cuz he no like you

Cam
08-28-2013, 01:28 PM
Prolly buff4ever throwing in that vote for Fred cuz he no like you

....:spitlol:.....could be!...but if he really knew me he'd want to be my neighbor!!!...and we could help paint each other's homes, build sand boxes, play catch, fish, etc. etc.......let's face it Greendawg, it's too hard to guess from a large list of Cam haters!!!!:doh:.....

panfan
08-29-2013, 08:31 AM
While it pains me greatly to say this - Burnet takes this one by 2 or more TDs. They will be salty this season, Kinda like when you get a bunch of coast water in your mouth while your surf fishing and the wave breaks over you. Salty, but tastes bad!

greendawg84
08-29-2013, 08:43 AM
While it pains me greatly to say this - Burnet takes this one by 2 or more TDs. They will be salty this season, Kinda like when you get a bunch of coast water in your mouth while your surf fishing and the wave breaks over you. Salty, but tastes bad!

I bet that did pain you to say ! Thanks though !

Cam
08-29-2013, 09:34 AM
I bet that did pain you to say ! Thanks though !

Deep down G-Dawg....I think panfan wishes he was my neighbor!.....:)

panfan
08-29-2013, 09:36 AM
Deep down G-Dawg....I think panfan wishes he was my neighbor!.....:)

are you turning all Mr Rogers on us?

Cam
08-29-2013, 09:39 AM
are you turning all Mr Rogers on us?

......:thinking:....who's Mr. Rogers??......:D...........I'll bet you have a purple sweater just like his!.......

Cam
08-29-2013, 12:58 PM
The Daily Tribune (Marble Falls) game preview: http://www.dailytrib.com/2013/08/29/burnet-football-faces-tough-season-opening-foe-in-fredericksburg/

buff4ever
08-29-2013, 02:29 PM
Let's set one thing straight. If I say that Burnet is going to win in a message, then I surely wouldn't vote in a hypecrital manner against that statement.

Now, I don't really know cam, so I don't know if i like him or not. However, I think we could have a lot of fun if i did know him.

Like I said before, Burner wins this game by 10.

NastySlot
08-29-2013, 06:37 PM
I'll take the Billies at home. Might be the year the Billies really turns some heads.....good senior group but a very talented junior class that saw a lot of them start or see significant playing time last season esp, on defense.

Hey Cam I might make into town to watch this one might even sit on the Burnet side.

Cam
08-30-2013, 09:11 AM
I'll take the Billies at home. Might be the year the Billies really turns some heads.....good senior group but a very talented junior class that saw a lot of them start or see significant playing time last season esp, on defense.

Hey Cam I might make into town to watch this one might even sit on the Burnet side.

...so I guess that means you'll be rootin' for the Dawgs??.......:D.......If you want, come say hi...I'll be the one sittin' by myself with a about a 10 yd. circumference of empty seats around me!!!..

Mojo84
08-30-2013, 09:44 AM
Fred must think they have something special since they've had their assistants out scouting the other district teams pretty hard.

They've been trying to fly under the radar and going incognito as much as possible. When I spoke to one of them at our Kerrville scrimmage, he tried to convince me he was a retired coach that is living in Beaumont and was just charting our plays out of the love for the game.

You should have seen his face when I told him bye and called him by name after the game. I think his jaw may have broken when it hit the ground. He thought all along I was buying his story. Guess he didn't realize I didn't just fall off the turnip truck recently. Man that was fun playing with him.

Burnet takes this one unless Fred has something special I'm not aware of.

Cam
08-30-2013, 09:58 AM
Fred must think they have something special since they've had their assistants out scouting the other district teams pretty hard.

They've been trying to fly under the radar and going incognito as much as possible. When I spoke to one of them at our Kerrville scrimmage, he tried to convince me he was a retired coach that is living in Beaumont and was just charting our plays out of the love for the game.

You should have seen his face when I told him bye and called him by name after the game. I think his jaw may have broken when it hit the ground. He thought all along I was buying his story. Guess he didn't realize I didn't just fall off the turnip truck recently. Man that was fun playing with him.

LOL.....sat next to two fellas wearing white/red polo's at the Burnet/Wimberley scrimmage....I didn't bother them but I'm guessin' they were from Fred....They're busy bee's indeed....

Mojo84
08-30-2013, 11:14 AM
The coach I encountered initiated the conversation with me by asking about certain players and other things a casual observer wouldn't ask.

I promise all the answers and information I gave him was somewhat sort of almost accurate and complete. It's fun playing games with people that think they are pulling something over on you.

NastySlot
08-30-2013, 05:30 PM

how do you he wasn't telling you the truth? Maybe he was scouting or maybe he was just drawing up formations for fun? You do know how scouting works right? Fred and Boerne will trade HUDL downloads later in the season usually three games. That will usually be the the games used to gameplan and scheme.............too many games messes up Tendencies. Also why would be odd for a group of coaches to travel 22 miles down the road to watch a district scrimmage on a night they weren't playing.

Just curious PM his name and I can probably tell you if is on the staff.

lv2937
08-30-2013, 06:48 PM
Fredericksburg players are huge.

NastySlot
08-30-2013, 07:13 PM

You sure your at the right stadium? I just watched them warm-up they didn t look too big.

NastySlot
08-30-2013, 07:17 PM

You think Cam is here?

NastySlot
08-30-2013, 08:25 PM
Ok who did I.take in this one? WOW BURNET is very in sync for season opener and scary thing is loaded with junior talent

lv2937
08-30-2013, 08:46 PM
Look at their rooster. They have some big boys .

NastySlot
08-30-2013, 08:52 PM
Look at their rooster. They have some big boys .

Yeah I was looking it just now....maybe because. . I ve know most of them since that were little I don't think they re too big.

NastySlot
08-30-2013, 08:54 PM
Hey LV if your or Cam would like to meet let me know

Cam
08-31-2013, 01:25 AM
You think Cam is here?

yeah I was there Nasty.....sorry, I don't get on the Low during a game so I didn't get this msg until now......still using an old flip phone and I don't have web access.....:doh:.....just waitin' for it to break!

regaleagle
08-31-2013, 03:07 AM
Here's my take on the game since I am an impartial observer: Burnet has a good qb with size and skills, and 3 go-to recievers. The kicker is a definite weapon. Overall the Burnet offense can score, but the 0-line needs more seasoning to become a fluid blocking unit. Burnet has good size at all skill positions and fairly decent size on the 0-line. The offense is the strength of the team, without question. The defense also has some size, a good secondary, but makes too many mistakes. This group is not a unit that works together well yet, but has potential. Overall, Burnet has a team that will improve each week and has the ingredients to become very solid by the end of the season.
Fredericksburg lacks size, but has speed. IMO, the defense lacks size on the line but is very scrappy and fast to the ball. They appear to be young and inexperienced, but I can see where this unit will come together....they will have to if they want to make up for the lack of size up front. The offense has a smallish front line also, which causes problems for the best player they have....qb Kyle Grona. He has speed, an accurate arm, and is very athletic, but below average size for a quality qb. He suffers from a smallish line that cannot give him adequate time and protection, but improvises well. The rb Martinez is very speedy and shifty, can break thru small holes and has good vision of the field. There are a couple of recievers that can get open and catch Grona's passes, but none have height. Overall, the Billies need more seasoning and fine tuning in their offense, but have some playmakers to be competitive. Again, defense is a problem for Fred. This unit will have to improve for Fred to win close games. I have nothing to compare with from past years, so this is just my initial take on what I saw with both squads. Burnet is definitely further along and has more size and more talent on the field. Fred is probably a year away from being a serious contender in their district, but we'll just have to see what kind of strides their program can make this year and next. I believe this is Coach Lance Moffett's third season since taking over the program. To me, for a school with a 975 enrollment, Fred needs more boys in the program. It appeared they suited up about 35-40 players at most. This school needs to have 50 suited with their enrollment. The size is missing...not playing football. There's work to be done in Fred on the program, IMO.

Mojo84
08-31-2013, 05:29 AM
how do you he wasn't telling you the truth? Maybe he was scouting or maybe he was just drawing up formations for fun? You do know how scouting works right? Fred and Boerne will trade HUDL downloads later in the season usually three games. That will usually be the the games used to gameplan and scheme.............too many games messes up Tendencies. Also why would be odd for a group of coaches to travel 22 miles down the road to watch a district scrimmage on a night they weren't playing.

Just curious PM his name and I can probably tell you if is on the staff.

I don't need to PM his name to "probably" find out if he is on staff. I KNOW who I was talking to and I KNOW he is an assistant football coach. Like I said, I called him by name. Nice try though.

Mojo84
08-31-2013, 09:37 AM
Also, I can assure you, I am very aware of how scouting and Hudl works.

If you want to me to lay it all out on the board, I'll be happy to, even with pictures. Just be aware, the exchange I had can only embarrass your team and the coach.

Cam
08-31-2013, 10:55 AM
Here's my take on the game since I am an impartial observer: Burnet has a good qb with size and skills, and 3 go-to recievers. The kicker is a definite weapon. Overall the Burnet offense can score, but the 0-line needs more seasoning to become a fluid blocking unit. Burnet has good size at all skill positions and fairly decent size on the 0-line. The offense is the strength of the team, without question. The defense also has some size, a good secondary, but makes too many mistakes. This group is not a unit that works together well yet, but has potential. Overall, Burnet has a team that will improve each week and has the ingredients to become very solid by the end of the season.
Fredericksburg lacks size, but has speed. IMO, the defense lacks size on the line but is very scrappy and fast to the ball. They appear to be young and inexperienced, but I can see where this unit will come together....they will have to if they want to make up for the lack of size up front. The offense has a smallish front line also, which causes problems for the best player they have....qb Kyle Grona. He has speed, an accurate arm, and is very athletic, but below average size for a quality qb. He suffers from a smallish line that cannot give him adequate time and protection, but improvises well. The rb Martinez is very speedy and shifty, can break thru small holes and has good vision of the field. There are a couple of recievers that can get open and catch Grona's passes, but none have height. Overall, the Billies need more seasoning and fine tuning in their offense, but have some playmakers to be competitive. Again, defense is a problem for Fred. This unit will have to improve for Fred to win close games. I have nothing to compare with from past years, so this is just my initial take on what I saw with both squads. Burnet is definitely further along and has more size and more talent on the field. Fred is probably a year away from being a serious contender in their district, but we'll just have to see what kind of strides their program can make this year and next. I believe this is Coach Lance Moffett's third season since taking over the program. To me, for a school with a 975 enrollment, Fred needs more boys in the program. It appeared they suited up about 35-40 players at most. This school needs to have 50 suited with their enrollment. The size is missing...not playing football. There's work to be done in Fred on the program, IMO.

Good take....Burnet definitely a work in progress.......things should get better in the secondary when they get starting senior safety back from injury in a few weeks.....The O-line hopefully will gel as time goes by....good news is all but one are juniors......

NastySlot
08-31-2013, 03:51 PM
Also, I can assure you, I am very aware of how scouting and Hudl works.

If you want to me to lay it all out on the board, I'll be happy to, even with pictures. Just be aware, the exchange I had can only embarrass your team and the coach.

Oh I'm pretty sure I know how it works....probably spent too much time breaking down film/video and scouting so no pictures necessary. I can't figure out why it chaps you so much to have coaches come watch your team scrimmage....maybe those guys were coaches and maybe they were doing the job assigned to them idk. I wasn't there and if they wanted to be incognito or secretive they probably would of sat on the opponents side (Tivy) that night. If you were so offended by him why did you wait to call him out until after the game? Should of played tough guy and told him get lost.

Not sure what questions he asked you or info he tried to gather but I'm sure they will eventually get it.

oh what makes you think Fred is my team? Maybe I don't have a team, maybe I know the coaches and the players at Fred but then again I know a lot kids and staffs in the Hill Country. i have even conversed with a few on your team and even some of your fans (Great kids and people) So my friend I am far from being embarrassed.

Mojo84
08-31-2013, 04:16 PM
You just don't read well do you? I have a picture of the coach. I never said anything about showing you how to scout or use Hudl with a picture. I confirmed who it was with several of his players that was also at the game that was also sitting on our side. By the way, they appeared to be very nice stand up young men with which I enjoyed visiting. If you'll look back, you are the one that talked as if I didn't know how scouting and Hudl works.

I never said it chaps me that they were scouting us. I said I enjoyed playing head games with him when I realized he was a coach and was lying to me when I tried to carry on a casual conversation with him after he initiated it. I enjoyed it when I realized he wasn't smart enough to keep up with his own lying story and then got nervous when I pulled my phone out to take a picture of my kid on the field. It's funny watching a grown man trying to hide behind a letter size piece of paper folded longwise. Guess he didn't realize he was showing me his notes. I never would have taken pictures of him if he hadn't brought it on himself by panicking.

If you don't believe me, you can catch him on the sideline of the football stadium or in the softball dugout and ask him about his scouting trip to Kerrville. Maybe, he'll come clean. If not, just ask him a couple of questions and you'll see right through his story.

Come to think of it, based upon your reading comprehension and trouble keeping up, it wouldn't surprise me if you were him.

I'm done with this. I think I've squeezed all the fun out of this that I can and you probably have film to breakdown and scouting reports to finalize.

NastySlot
08-31-2013, 04:24 PM
You just don't read well do you? I have a picture of the coach. I never said anything about showing you how to scout or use Hudl with a picture. I confirmed who it was with several of his players that was also at the game that was also sitting on our side. By the way, they appeared to be very nice stand up young men with which I enjoyed visiting. If you'll look back, you are the one that talked as if I didn't know how scouting and Hudl works.

I never said it chaps me that they were scouting us. I said I enjoyed playing head games with him when I realized he was a coach and was lying to me when I tried to carry on a casual conversation with him after he initiated it. I enjoyed it when I realized he wasn't smart enough to keep up with his own lying story and then got nervous when I pulled my phone out to take a picture of my kid on the field. It's funny watching a grown man trying to hide behind a letter size piece of paper folded longwise. Guess he didn't realize he was showing me his notes. I never would have taken pictures of him if he hadn't brought it on himself by panicking.

If you don't believe me, you can catch him on the sideline of the football stadium or in the softball dugout and ask him about his scouting trip to Kerrville. Maybe, he'll come clean. If not, just ask him a couple of questions and you'll see right through his story.

Come to think of it, based upon your reading comprehension and trouble keeping up, it wouldn't surprise me if you were him.

I'm done with this. I think I've squeezed all the fun out of this that I can and you probably have film to breakdown and scouting reports to finalize.

well with the clues you gave about football and softball I'll be honest I don't know the coach your speaking haven't met him yet he has to be one of the new guys hired. I know that Fred has entire new softball staff. Sorry I guess I thought you were talking hudl scouting and pictures.

I have this strange feeling I might know you....maybe. Is you son a soph? If I am right I promise I won't call you out by name on here.....and now that I have few free friday's maybe we can hook up for the Fred/Boerne game or some other.

Mojo84
08-31-2013, 04:26 PM
No to the sophomore.

NastySlot
08-31-2013, 04:32 PM
No to the sophomore.

Well I hope no hard feelings and you ll consider if I make it to a Hounds game we have a nice friendly conversation.

Still curious was the coach new to Fred?

Mojo84
08-31-2013, 04:39 PM
No hard feelings here. I don't take all this too seriously.